Brand New looking at DVC

So I just read about something called a Blue Card that it appears resales don’t get If I read correctly?
Thank you for these answers.
I guess what I’m asking is what benefits do you lose buying resale than direct?
no one mentioned this Blue Card?
i know about not being able to get into the Riviera and future resorts and not concerned about that
does buying resale get you into DVC members lounges
does buying resale still get you discounts in stores and stuff
what does a blue card get that a white card doesn’t ?
what exactly do you not get and is any of it negotiable buying resale?

Thanks

@Salf777 When you buy resale now, you basically lose perks like shopping/dining discounts, ability to buy the DVC gold AP, access to the DVC lounge in Epcot, and the ability to use your points for Riviera and future DVC resorts.

Ok so basically all you get is the ownership and ability to stay?
so i guess I must figure if these perks buying direct are worth anything to me and if so how much correct?
so if I buy resale I get no discounts in parks stores anything else?

Ok so basically all you get is the ownership and ability to stay?
so i guess I must figure if these perks buying direct are worth anything to me and if so how much correct?
so if I buy resale I get no discounts in parks stores anything else?
$$$ wise the only perk of any real value is the Park pass discount and only if applicable to your situation.

$$$ wise the only perk of any real value is the Park pass discount and only if applicable to your situation.
Thanks I’m a Florida resident and get discounts on passes. So I guess I would have to eat at a whole lot of restaurants with discounts and buy merchandise with discounts to make up for.
I guess I was just wondering if you are treated differently in any way buying resale

Thanks I’m a Florida resident and get discounts on passes. So I guess I would have to eat at a whole lot of restaurants with discounts and buy merchandise with discounts to make up for.
I guess I was just wondering if you are treated differently in any way buying resale
There are other ways to get discount on dining so I'm not sure that even comes into play at all unless they beef that type of option up dramatically. As for treated differently, I think the answer is yes and no. Clearly resale buyers who aren't grandfathered are treated differently but it's not like MS is calling you out or the resorts dissing you when you check in. So from a usage standpoint I'd say no they don't treat you differently but in some ways they clearly do.

If you have a FL resident annual pass, you get the discounts anyway. You just don't get the special evening events at the parks (maybe four or five a year) and access to the member lounge in Epcot which could disappear when the continue with the renovations at Epcot. And you can't go on the member cruise. Not even on cash.

You can get most of it -- and some stuff Blue Card doesn't get -- with TiW, which you can get as either white card or FL resident.

That leaves the discount on spas/golf/tours, that kind of thing and the Moonlight Magic events, which may or may not ever exist again. And the Epcot lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!