Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

I just can't understand how the powers that be thought the timing of this refurb was reasonable. People go to Wilderness Lodge at Christmas because it's Christmas. I would be livid if they took me out of that resort. How bad is their planning?!

I just can't understand how the powers that be thought the timing of this refurb was reasonable. People go to Wilderness Lodge at Christmas because it's Christmas. I would be livid if they took me out of that resort. How bad is their planning?!
Agree!!! I mean - it’s already years late and you can’t wait a coupla months - sheesh

Their planning was very good- the Grand Floridian had to be done as they had new timeshare to sell.

Update on our move from BRV to Riviera…

We arrived to Riviera at 10am yesterday morning only to be told that they couldn’t find nor see our reservation in the system. I explained to them everything that member services said, including that we wouldn’t see the change in our app and that everything would be the in the notes. The poor guy looked so confused and had to call Wilderness Lodge to see what was going on. He came back to us and said that our original reservation was still in tact and we would be staying at BRV still. Apparently member services was taking it upon themselves to move people out of BRV and to other hotels but was not consulting the other hotels. We weren’t the only ones with problems there. I WAS NOT HAPPY after just had a limo drop all six of us and our luggage at Riviera, our stroller and ECV were 10 min from being delivered to Riviera, groceries were being delivered later in the day, and I had cancelled our Whispering Canyon dinner reservations amongst others given that we wouldn’t be in that area anymore. We asked him if there was any way we could just stay and take the room that member services told us they had reassigned us to. After over and hour of an ordeal with two exhausted children in the miniature Riviera lobby, thankfully they came back to us and let us know we could stay.

Long story short, don’t ever let member services tell you that your reservations won’t update and any changes are in the notes. Make them send you something in writing so you have something to show the front desk!

I saw on a FB group that someone who also received a call from member services to move physically went to WL to speak with someone there about the change and they were informed the refurbed rooms are opening on Dec 10th.
I would email this story and your complaints to this email
guest.services@disneyworld.com

I emailed them before our stay that I was miffed that construction was going on at BRV, but the only way I knew before our arrival was because of a discussion board, not from Disney. I got an email back and a call back and they made it better, I will leave it at that. But the feeling I got from talking to two different people is that there is a lack of communication between the BRV folks planning the refurb, the WL folks, and the Disney guest services folks.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope Riviera is relaxing. And hopefully you get a chance to go to Topolinos for breakfast, we really enjoyed it. It was one of our favorite meals of our stay.

I would email this story and your complaints to this email
guest.services@disneyworld.com

I emailed them before our stay that I was miffed that construction was going on at BRV, but the only way I knew before our arrival was because of a discussion board, not from Disney. I got an email back and a call back and they made it better, I will leave it at that. But the feeling I got from talking to two different people is that there is a lack of communication between the BRV folks planning the refurb, the WL folks, and the Disney guest services folks.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope Riviera is relaxing. And hopefully you get a chance to go to Topolinos for breakfast, we really enjoyed it. It was one of our favorite meals of our stay.
I feel you! I found out about the construction starting when at 8am on August 16th we were awakened by the sound of a jackhammer removing the tile from the bathroom in the room next to ours! I thought it was going to come through the wall behind the bed! No advance warning from the FD that construction was starting, nevermind in the room next to ours, and when I called down to ask, the FD manager was nearly as surprised as we were! I posted the original pictures of the demolition that are linked on the first page of this thread. I don't think they expected it to take this long, at least not from what the FD manager said. I wonder if the balcony replacement at CCV delayed it because it would have put too many rooms out of service at the same time? I'm looking forward to seeing the new rooms, I hope they keep the same Northwest feel and not turn to a Southwestern feel.

( In reference to an earlier post)Interesting they wanted you out by the 10th, as it is reported the new rooms open on the 10th (and probably your old room gets closed off for good.)

It is exciting and they seem to want to move faster now.

So the old hallway carpet will remain? I was hoping they would swoop in at the end and replace it.

Peeking into first floor rooms! We’re in an original room and kind of fun to be on an original room. Lol. Our two bedroom has been great, just haven’t enjoyed the fire alarm testing in the afternoons with the a four year napping. Lol

Attachments

• BE6149A6-A0F6-4A01-80D5-AD9FB7950EF6.jpeg
    BE6149A6-A0F6-4A01-80D5-AD9FB7950EF6.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 92F8C5A1-BDF8-4A52-9311-A5C448A4A98D.jpeg
    92F8C5A1-BDF8-4A52-9311-A5C448A4A98D.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 16CDAE1C-F3A5-40F9-BF73-D1B865D76418.jpeg
    16CDAE1C-F3A5-40F9-BF73-D1B865D76418.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 152
  • 8ABEAFE2-C7B2-4E71-B82D-BC07FF85E0D1.jpeg
    8ABEAFE2-C7B2-4E71-B82D-BC07FF85E0D1.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 5ACC985C-B420-44A1-8630-FB235414E0CF.jpeg
    5ACC985C-B420-44A1-8630-FB235414E0CF.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 89537779-D891-4DA5-A0E2-FBDFBB2A4E95.jpeg
    89537779-D891-4DA5-A0E2-FBDFBB2A4E95.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 157
  • D67AEDE8-956C-481B-BD80-33B4C74CD276.jpeg
    D67AEDE8-956C-481B-BD80-33B4C74CD276.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 9F559DF9-D80C-4DA6-A376-96F5335F3CD5.jpeg
    9F559DF9-D80C-4DA6-A376-96F5335F3CD5.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 158
Not sure what I think. I doesn't really look Pacific Northwest to me, though I will hold off judgement until I see it in person. It looks more like decor I'd associate with Arizona or New Mexico. Hmmmm....
It isn't really supposed to be strictly Pacific Northwest, more a blend of "western" National Park lodges and themes. No one ever seems to take exception to the 80' tall "Grand Canyon" fireplace that's more or less the centerpiece of the WL lobby... Even the geyser, reminiscent of Yellowstone isn't particularly PNW (albeit a bit closer, at least geographically). Heck, Yosemite is closer to Mexico than it is to Canada (by a few hundred miles).

Last edited:
It isn't really supposed to be strictly Pacific Northwest, more a blend of "western" National Park lodges and themes. No one ever seems to take exception to the 80' tall "Grand Canyon" fireplace that's more or less the centerpiece of the WL lobby... Even the geyser, reminiscent of Yellowstone isn't particularly PNW (albeit a bit closer, at least geographically). Heck, Yosemite is closer to Mexico than it is to Canada (by a few hundred miles).
Very true! I'm looking forward to see the rooms once done!

facebook twitter