Boulder Ridge Referb

Well, mark your calendars. It is August 16 and the construction started at 9am on the 5th floor of BR, rooms closest to the “lobby” area. One of the rooms right above us. At 9am we were awakened by sounds of hammers and drills, sounded like one was coming through the ceiling. Called the FD and was told it was the beginning of the construction project at BR and they didn’t realize how many rooms the noise would effect. The manager said they thought they took enough rooms out of service so the noise wouldn’t bother current guests, but it was louder than expected. They offered solutions, he did say they were taken off guard though. I will try and go up to the 5th floor to see what I can find out and get some pictures! Of course today is our resort day - no relaxing in the room! We decided not to move rooms because there isn’t anything with the lake view available. Most of the time we will be gone during the noise. And it is loud, hammers, chisels, drills…

Well, mark your calendars. It is August 16 and the construction started at 9am on the 5th floor of BR, rooms closest to the “lobby” area. One of the rooms right above us. At 9am we were awakened by sounds of hammers and drills, sounded like one was coming through the ceiling. Called the FD and was told it was the beginning of the construction project at BR and they didn’t realize how many rooms the noise would effect. The manager said they thought they took enough rooms out of service so the noise wouldn’t bother current guests, but it was louder than expected. They offered solutions, he did say they were taken off guard though. I will try and go up to the 5th floor to see what I can find out and get some pictures! Of course today is our resort day - no relaxing in the room! We decided not to move rooms because there isn’t anything with the lake view available. Most of the time we will be gone during the noise. And it is loud, hammers, chisels, drills…
Wait, it isn’t April 1st….

I know! I was hoping this would happen before our trip, not right smack in the middle of it. Sounds like they are removing fixtures or maybe cabinets. I’ll try and visit the 5th floor this afternoon!
We have our next trip on Sept 5 - 10th, then back March 9-16. Had been hoping the September trip would be our last one pre-refurb. May be coming true!

On the bright side, more noise means more demo, which means a more thorough and involved refurb (no slipping in a re-paint and calling it good). If you're hearing chisels, that's likely the ceramic tile demo. Everything else, for the most part, can be pulled out with a hammer and flat bar (cabinets, door frames and casing, drywall, etc).

You made my day!! We have a trip in March and I'm very excited to see what they end up doing.

We are heading down in 3 weeks but moved our room to a cabin because we were concerned about the construction noise. For once, it looks like it worked out.

You made my day!! We have a trip in March and I'm very excited to see what they end up doing.

We are heading down in 3 weeks but moved our room to a cabin because we were concerned about the construction noise. For once, it looks like it worked out.
Whoop Whoop - finishing our 2 weeks with a split stay ending at BRV from March 6 - March 12th!! Have been following this thread for months - first it was clipboards and now its drills!!!!!

And of course I booked Copper Creek over BRV for our February trip. Now I must stalk the site!!! (Full disclosure, I couldn't get the full week at BRV; I didn't want to deal with a split stay or the chance of non updated room).

On the bright side, more noise means more demo, which means a more thorough and involved refurb (no slipping in a re-paint and calling it good). If you're hearing chisels, that's likely the ceramic tile demo. Everything else, for the most part, can be pulled out with a hammer and flat bar (cabinets, door frames and casing, drywall, etc).
That is exactly what it was, a jackhammer breaking up the tile. And I was wrong, it was the room next door even though the FD manager said it was upstairs. It’s 4535 that the demo has started. I kind of barged into the room when the construction workers were destroying it and took a few pictures, I’ll try and attach them. I was a little frustrated we were not notified in advance, we got a VM about fireworks testing but nothing about a complete demo next door! I am glad it’s happening, would have preferred it not to be literally next door! I’ll see if I can get more tomorrow.

Attachments

• 95936A14-456E-4B5E-B0E9-20160536FAAD.jpeg
    95936A14-456E-4B5E-B0E9-20160536FAAD.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 87916C67-5EC0-4684-8299-4FB5BE280AE1.jpeg
    87916C67-5EC0-4684-8299-4FB5BE280AE1.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
That is exactly what it was, a jackhammer breaking up the tile. And I was wrong, it was the room next door even though the FD manager said it was upstairs. It’s 4535 that the demo has started. I kind of barged into the room when the construction workers were destroying it and took a few pictures, I’ll try and attach them. I was a little frustrated we were not notified in advance, we got a VM about fireworks testing but nothing about a complete demo next door! It glad it’s happening! I’ll see if I can get more tomorrow.

That area should have been all vinyl flooring from the last refurb. Or maybe it's a studio - then carpet. If they chiseled out any kitchen/bathroom tile already they are moving nicely on the demo. Crazy that they didn't think they should take the room next door out of service though. :sad2:

That is exactly what it was, a jackhammer breaking up the tile. And I was wrong, it was the room next door even though the FD manager said it was upstairs. It’s 4535 that the demo has started. I kind of barged into the room when the construction workers were destroying it and took a few pictures, I’ll try and attach them. I was a little frustrated we were not notified in advance, we got a VM about fireworks testing but nothing about a complete demo next door! It glad it’s happening! I’ll see if I can get more tomorrow.
Well, they're definitely not taking their time... Don't complain too loudlyLOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter