• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Referb

I really hope it’s not a surprise refurb. I am booking a trip for may at BRV and would book elsewhere if there is going to be construction. Since there was no mention of construction we’re booked.
At this point, no refurb at VWL should be a surprise. It's overdue on schedule and has been announced and postponed twice.

At this point, no refurb at VWL should be a surprise. It's overdue on schedule and has been announced and postponed twice.
Yeah, it's scheduled and they have a "model" done already so there will be construction. It's already announced so not sure they would update the page when booking. They usually do that for pools etc because those are amenities that won't be available and the room "construction" is done starting at 9 AM usually and doesn't go late so no one really cares for noise etc and not a lot of heavy equipment involved. If you plan on naps mid-day and are RIGHT next to one being worked on, that would be a problem I guess but that seems like a rare circumstance.

I wish I knew when it's happening. We just booked two nights at CCV for February. We also have an AKV value studio for the same nights. Not sure which one to cancel.

I wrote to DVC Member Satisfaction to see if I could get some more information, but also to express my concern at the lack of information regarding the refurb, the fact that soft goods refurbs were unexpectedly announced at PVB and VGF and concerns that this might delay BRV *again* and my concerns that BRV has had its refurb rescheduled twice now, is long overdue, and doesn't seem to be getting priority.

I got what is very much a form mail response telling me that they announced in the DVC annual meeting that there would be a refurb in 2022.

Trying not to write a sarcastic response that says "If you read my original email, I noted in there that the refurb was announced at that meeting. Thanks for telling me what I already know, but not actually responding to my question (ie, when it will actually happen), or taking even a moment to address my concerns/reassure me it won't be postponed again." :P (Note: I would never actually write a response like that. I'm all about being polite to CMs and others!! But I figured I'd express here the sarcastic thought that went through my head when I got what was very much an obvious form response that didn't address anything in my actual email.)

Anyone else have any luck finding out when the refurb is happening? Or are we expecting to hear a third postponement at the DVC annual meeting? :P

Of course the rooms ABSOLUTELY need a serious refurb (semi-soft, semi-hard?), but I’m sorta hoping it goes a bit slowly and is done under the radar. I'm happy with people using their BRV points nd booking elsewhere. We're at SSR in February, and won't be back in FL until July or August and even then just for a long weekend at F&W, so I'm personally in no great hurry.

I wrote to DVC Member Satisfaction to see if I could get some more information, but also to express my concern at the lack of information regarding the refurb, the fact that soft goods refurbs were unexpectedly announced at PVB and VGF and concerns that this might delay BRV *again* and my concerns that BRV has had its refurb rescheduled twice now, is long overdue, and doesn't seem to be getting priority.

I got what is very much a form mail response telling me that they announced in the DVC annual meeting that there would be a refurb in 2022.

Trying not to write a sarcastic response that says "If you read my original email, I noted in there that the refurb was announced at that meeting. Thanks for telling me what I already know, but not actually responding to my question (ie, when it will actually happen), or taking even a moment to address my concerns/reassure me it won't be postponed again." :P (Note: I would never actually write a response like that. I'm all about being polite to CMs and others!! But I figured I'd express here the sarcastic thought that went through my head when I got what was very much an obvious form response that didn't address anything in my actual email.)

Anyone else have any luck finding out when the refurb is happening? Or are we expecting to hear a third postponement at the DVC annual meeting? :P
We have seen pics of the refurbished room so I don’t think it will be delayed again, I’m concerned it may take longer than what would be expected because of the reasons you stated in your email. Staying at CCV for marathon weekend so that’s 2022 so I’ll stop by the DVC desk and ask if it has started 😂

We have seen pics of the refurbished room so I don’t think it will be delayed again, I’m concerned it may take longer than what would be expected because of the reasons you stated in your email. Staying at CCV for marathon weekend so that’s 2022 so I’ll stop by the DVC desk and ask if it has started 😂
I have a big family trip planned in February 2022, and I was really hoping for refurbed rooms. I’ve managed to move most of my family to CCV, but my SIL & family, step-brother and wife, and myself and family will be at BRV. I really wish they’d give us a timeframe. That they haven’t tells me that it will be later (summer) and take longer than we want.

I have a big family trip planned in February 2022, and I was really hoping for refurbed rooms. I’ve managed to move most of my family to CCV, but my SIL & family, step-brother and wife, and myself and family will be at BRV. I really wish they’d give us a timeframe. That they haven’t tells me that it will be later (summer) and take longer than we want.
I can basically guarantee it won't be done by then.

That would require them to start before the tree comes down, really.

I can basically guarantee it won't be done by then.

That would require them to start before the tree comes down, really.
I was more hoping they might have a few done and I’d be lucky. ;-)

Though admittedly I also don’t want to be there in the midst of construction!

…Just to remind myself … the original announcement for CCV addition seemed to be very disruptive …the construction was forever and they offered a Trading Pin to guests . Then it seems they decided to update the pool area , and then decided to update the quiet pool area… and the final insult was the decision to make CCV a completely different DVC Booking / Not available to the members that had just endured a lot of disruption to VWL vacation planning and then forced a name change on VWL… .
Why is the addition to VWL and the cabins ($$$) and CCV not treated the same way as the additions to other DVC properties?
AKL and Jambo and Kidani share member booking windows.
Apparently GFV will also share and not be reclassified…
SSR and the addition of the treehouses were not considered separate…Polynesian and the bungalows are the same.
and now the refurbishment rescheduling is just more insult…
Makes me wonder why VWL is treated as if it’s not important .
And VWL members should not be concerned or dissatisfied.

the decision to make CCV a completely different DVC Booking / Not available to the members that had just endured a lot of disruption to VWL vacation planning and then forced a name change on VWL… .

Mind you, I am bitter about the ongoing postponements of refurb, but I honestly do understand why CCV was made separate.
  • Kidani and Jambo were planned and built at the same time.
  • The poly conversion and bungalow build was same time.
  • The add on of the treehouses was at a time SSR had 40+ years left.
  • VGF expires in 2064 so even now it has 43 years on the timer.
  • VWL is a 2042 resort and was half gone when CCV was being built, and they couldn't command premium for a resort with only 25 years.
I have not been a fan of the new name, but the moment you added a new association on the WL property it was inevitable.

I’m hoping to stay at VWL next May… my son would like BRV if it’s refurbished, and CCV if it’s not. Of course, there’s no way to know which to book (now!) without them giving us a timeline! 🤪

Sorta side note- do you think BRV construction noise would be able to be heard from CCV &/or the pools? (He’d prefer AKV if construction noise will be an issue at both VWL buildings.)

I’m hoping to stay at VWL next May… my son would like BRV if it’s refurbished, and CCV if it’s not. Of course, there’s no way to know which to book (now!) without them giving us a timeline! 🤪

Sorta side note- do you think BRV construction noise would be able to be heard from CCV &/or the pools? (He’d prefer AKV if construction noise will be an issue at both VWL buildings.)
If your planning to stay at a DVC room, there are no studios available for second week of May. Not sure when your planning to go but I would book NOW. BRV is available ( again second week of May)but only partial days.

We were staying BRV when they did the renovation to create CCV. We heard nothing since the buildings really aren't connected and work was inside the buildings.

Edited to add: We were not there when they were constructing the cabins.

Last edited:
If your planning to stay at a DVC room, there are no studios available for second week of May. Not sure when your planning to go but I would book NOW. BRV is available ( again second week of May)but only partial days.
My 7 month window isn’t quite here yet… but both still have availability for my exact dates (just 3 nights of our split-stay)… I’m checking rather obsessively at this point! 😂

Im staying BRV for this December. I have a surge protector in my Owner’s Locker. Hopefully that can handle the outlet issues. I have a whooole lot of stuff I’m charging all the time. Disappointed to hear a basic maintenance issue like that, which a soft goods wouldn’t help anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter