• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Referb

zobel0022

Earning My Ears
Any thoughts on buying into BR before the big referb? If it’s anything like SSR, a price increase could be around the corner and might be a good time to add if you were considering in the first place?

Any thoughts on buying into BR before the big referb? If it’s anything like SSR, a price increase could be around the corner and might be a good time to add if you were considering in the first place?

I think the SSR increase had little to do with its refurb and more to do with just DVC resale going up.

SSR is still below everything except BRV and OKW.

We recently bought a smaller amount of points with this in mind, however it only really played a minor part in our decision. We love WL and BRV is obviously much cheaper than CC. We reckon resale prices will rise following the refurb but this could easily be mitigated by the shorter expiration date.

I own at BRV and BWV. I booked BWV for April 2022 right at 11 months. I looked at BRV and noticed that BRV is not available for the entire week (studios and 2BR) where as every other resort has full availability for that week. I was hoping that maybe they took rooms out to start the refurb but do they always have an official announcement when they will begin?

I own at BRV and BWV. I booked BWV for April 2022 right at 11 months. I looked at BRV and noticed that BRV is not available for the entire week (studios and 2BR) where as every other resort has full availability for that week. I was hoping that maybe they took rooms out to start the refurb but do they always have an official announcement when they will begin?
It may be held pending dates. No guarantee they actually do it.

why yes I am bitter

I would expect the refurbishment to be very similar to the cash side of the resort, which was recently done.

I'm currently at Boulder Ridge. Checked in yesterday and am staying until next Thursday in a studio (9 nights). Wow, I love the resort and Wow is everyone right that it is severely overdue for an update! I'm overlooking the ratty carpet, couch virtually falling apart, dents in every wall, etc. It really looks more like a La Quinta (not trying to offend). Because, I love the location, ferry, feel, etc., so I'm trying not to let the "other stuff" bother me. I'll definitely be back to Wilderness Lodge, just maybe not in Boulder Ridge. :)

I'm currently at Boulder Ridge. Checked in yesterday and am staying until next Thursday in a studio (9 nights). Wow, I love the resort and Wow is everyone right that it is severely overdue for an update! I'm overlooking the ratty carpet, couch virtually falling apart, dents in every wall, etc. It really looks more like a La Quinta (not trying to offend). Because, I love the location, ferry, feel, etc., so I'm trying not to let the "other stuff" bother me. I'll definitely be back to Wilderness Lodge, just maybe not in Boulder Ridge. :)
Try out copper creek, our favorite...we made the mistake of trying out a cabin though...now I seriously want more points!

Try out copper creek, our favorite...we made the mistake of trying out a cabin though...now I seriously want more points!
We most likely will. We stayed in BR instead this time to get the extra "flip-down" single bed. I don't think you get that at CC correct?

It appears, based on availability, that the refurb for BRV really picks up March 12, 2022.

Both 1BR and 2BR have availability just drop off from that date and we are not to the 7-month window yet. And those room types are still available at CCV for those dates and later within the same window. Those room types are also available at tougher resorts like GFV and BCV at that time.

Anyone more familiar with booking at BRV (and CCV) have any insight that this might be a usual thing where BRV would fill up quicker next spring? Or do you believe that it's likely due to inventory being limited for the refurb?

The "delay because of covid" is pure BS IMO. My bet is this will be the last full refurb of BRV. We purchased in Dec 2019 with the "knowledge" it would be refurbished in 2020 and 2034. They've got plenty of contractors to refurb the cash side and lobbies. What DVC resort will get "delayed" because of the conversion at The Grand? Ya, I'm bitter.

I think the entire VWL resort is closed for 3 months. There is no availability whatsoever from March 12 to almost 3 months later.

It is not nice to the Boulder Ridge VWL owner... We have DVC points that are banked from COVID that need to be used up. Now, we cannot use them on one of the two major school breaks (Spring break and Christmas break)... and I cannot take advantage of the "home resort" priority at 11th month.

I have to hope somehow still find vacancy at 7th month to book other resorts. How about those banked points from COVID? This is bad timing for renovation in my opinion.

I think the entire VWL resort is closed for 3 months. There is no availability whatsoever from March 12 to almost 3 months later.

I doubt the whole resort is closed. Keep in mind that March would have been at 11 months in April, and there was availability at 11 months for March-May until very recently.

It appears, based on availability, that the refurb for BRV really picks up March 12, 2022.

Both 1BR and 2BR have availability just drop off from that date and we are not to the 7-month window yet. And those room types are still available at CCV for those dates and later within the same window. Those room types are also available at tougher resorts like GFV and BCV at that time.

Anyone more familiar with booking at BRV (and CCV) have any insight that this might be a usual thing where BRV would fill up quicker next spring? Or do you believe that it's likely due to inventory being limited for the refurb?
I just posted a similar ? on Mousellaneous since we have a 2 bedroom and 1 bed booked April (easter and school vacation). I didn't know about the pending refurb. We usually (pre-covid) go for a long weekend in early or mid May -5 days and have never booked at 11 months. I'm nervous we are going to be asked to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter