Booted from AKL Club Level for 50th Celebration Week…*update page 15*

The points for VALUE vs Reg hotel room .... Reg hotel room is ALOT more points. Your ahead in that regard.
Yeah, but it's a stupid measure. OP wouldn't have used points for a hotel room and booked a DVC studio with points for reasons that also included "kitchenette." DVC cannot claim it's an upgrade based don the point costs alone and not expect us to sneer right back

I am now even more curious as to what specific maintenance/work this is.
For now seem to be taking rooms out of inventory one at a time over at least a two month period.

At least one club studio and one value studio is involved, maybe a club level studio burst a pipe, and affected the value studio downstairs ... :P

Last edited:
I am now even more curious as to what specific maintenance/work this is.
For now seem to be taking rooms out of inventory one at a time over at least a two month period.
Me, too! Could they be trying to force higher point usage by removing valu studios?

Yeah, but it's a stupid measure. OP wouldn't have used points for a hotel room and booked a DVC studio with points for reasons that also included "kitchenette." DVC cannot claim it's an upgrade based don the point costs alone and not expect us to sneer right back

While OP did get the short end of the stick, moved from club dvc studio to club hotel.
Those of us getting moved from value dvc studio to hotel (savanna?) can somewhat reasonably be considered an upgrade.
Newer, bigger rooms while losing microwave and possibly free laundry.

This just happened to me, for the second week in August. Had a value studio, that was cancelled and moved to a hotel room. The cast member that called was extremely rude, when I asked about getting points back, her response "If you don't like it, cancel".

That is unfortunate, the cast member informed me was quite polite.
She did suggest I ask for a microwave to be brought up to my room when I inquired about that.

The points for VALUE vs Reg hotel room .... Reg hotel room is ALOT more points. Your ahead in that regard.
idk why you quoted me but to use points for a "regular" room you have to do an exchange and most times pay and exchange fee.

OP should get the points back from a DVC club level studio and the regular studio. OP booked a DVC villa not a hotel room.

I booked a value studio for my daughter for October and if she gets moved to a guaranteed SV then would be great!

While OP did get the short end of the stick, moved from club dvc studio to club hotel.
Those of us getting moved from value dvc studio to hotel (savanna?) can somewhat reasonably be considered an upgrade.
Newer, bigger rooms while losing microwave and possibly free laundry.
I don't DVC members being moved would lose the free laundry but I guess they could shut it down?

I booked in a value studio in early November. Wonder how long the maintenance will take? I really wish DVC would inform all members of these things.

idk why you quoted me but to use points for a "regular" room you have to do an exchange and most times pay and exchange fee.

OP should get the points back from a DVC club level studio and the regular studio. OP booked a DVC villa not a hotel room.

I booked a value studio for my daughter for October and if she gets moved to a guaranteed SV then would be great!

DELUXE Studio

All of this has me worried about our November trip staying in a value 2BR. Wish I knew how long they anticipate the maintenance to take. After reading all of these posts it really sounds like the great customer service Disney provided in the past is gone.

Thank you all for the responses, it’s a lot to think about and digest all of the avenues this can go.

I did politely request some form of compensation while on the phone with the CM and she said that this was “not being offered in this situation” and that we could basically take it or leave it. I requested that she please leave my request as notes on the reservation. I’m not sure whether calling back would change anything, but if the consensus is that we really are getting shorted (which I believe is the case) then I am willing to try.

Interestingly, we also have Club Level reservations at AKL (DVC, not hotel) for the last few days in August as well as early December. I specifically asked if our August reservation was due to be moved as well and she checked her list and said it was not on there. Hearing that others are being moved in August from Value rooms is now more confusing than ever.

I do find the timing of every room on the 6th floor being taken out of inventory for the 50th to be extremely suspect.

Thank you all for the responses, it’s a lot to think about and digest all of the avenues this can go.

I did politely request some form of compensation while on the phone with the CM and she said that this was “not being offered in this situation” and that we could basically take it or leave it. I requested that she please leave my request as notes on the reservation. I’m not sure whether calling back would change anything, but if the consensus is that we really are getting shorted (which I believe is the case) then I am willing to try.

Interestingly, we also have Club Level reservations at AKL (DVC, not hotel) for the last few days in August as well as early December. I specifically asked if our August reservation was due to be moved as well and she checked her list and said it was not on there. Hearing that others are being moved in August from Value rooms is now more confusing than ever.

I do find the timing of every room on the 6th floor being taken out of inventory for the 50th to be extremely suspect.
I definitely think you are getting chapeked. I have no doubt they are moving you to give it to themselves.

I may be naive here but I would think taking room someone had booked for their own use would be something that would burn them if complaints went to governing bodies and overall wouldn’t be worth the risk. Especially if they claim a whole floor is shut down it may be even somewhat proveable they lied. If I were in this scenario I would definitely request their stance and reason in writing and I would definitely request management be involved to confirm information is accurate as I would actively follow up on it at resort.

When I first heard of this issue I was thinking they may have overbooked by some glitch in the system. I believe I heard similar issues having to cancel/move due to “maintenance at copper creek and poly as well. Didn’t grand Californian also have an issue they even admitted was overbooking by glitch? I know there was some weird system errors lately where availability was showing online but error would prevent from booking and mixed bag whether room was actually available when calling in.

To me, I’m chalking this up to poor IT combined with poor customer service with under trained/overloaded staff rather then any malice but I’ve underestimated their greed before so who knows.

I may be naive here but I would think taking room someone had booked for their own use would be something that would burn them if complaints went to governing bodies and overall wouldn’t be worth the risk. Especially if they claim a whole floor is shut down it may be even somewhat proveable they lied. If I were in this scenario I would definitely request their stance and reason in writing and I would definitely request management be involved to confirm information is accurate as I would actively follow up on it at resort.

When I first heard of this issue I was thinking they may have overbooked by some glitch in the system. I believe I heard similar issues having to cancel/move due to “maintenance at copper creek and poly as well. Didn’t grand Californian also have an issue they even admitted was overbooking by glitch? I know there was some weird system errors lately where availability was showing online but error would prevent from booking and mixed bag whether room was actually available when calling in.

To me, I’m chalking this up to poor IT combined with poor customer service with under trained/overloaded staff rather then any malice but I’ve underestimated their greed before so who knows.
It's not just a matter of complaints, it's illegal.
DVC reservations are defined in the POS as first come first serve. And Member services can book rooms using their points or points used for exchanges according to the same rules and regulations as members.
MS cannot book rooms before the 11 months window.
MS cannot move a member who has already booked a rroom because a VIP wants that room.
It is illegal to do so.
what makes me suspicious is that they had tried to prebook rooms around the 50th last year, they've been discovered and released the room. Now they are inventing some maintenance.
If it was me, I would request MS or the front desk to do a tour of the rooms while onsite during those dates to verify no one is occupying them and maintenance is in progress. If someone is in the room, MS would be in violation of the POS.

Last edited:
what makes me suspicious is that they had tried to prebook rooms around the 50thblast year, they've been discovered and released the room.
Wait. What happened last year? What evidence or proof was there that the mouse tried to book DVC rooms a year out? I love me a good conspiracy but if true highly disappointed (but sadly I would not be surprised) in the mouse.

Wait. What happened last year? What evidence or proof was there that the mouse tried to book DVC rooms a year out? I love me a good conspiracy but if true highly disappointed (but sadly I would not be surprised) in the mouse.
Around the 11 month window there were issues where dates were booked in ways that weren’t possible without breaking the rules. Basically there would be availability at 11 months plus 2 days but 11 months plus 3 to 5 days was booked somehow. This shouldn’t be possible since the previous date must be booked to book the later if the 11 month window is followed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!