Booking Tool Not Working??

I have been trying to snag a reservation every morning at 8 for about 10 days. I am watching a UTC clock and when I try at 8:00, 8:01, and 8:02 i get the message that it is too early for me too book. When I try at 8:03 or later the room is gone. SOOOOO frustrating. Why is it giving me the too early message AFTER 8am?

I have been trying to snag a reservation every morning at 8 for about 10 days. I am watching a UTC clock and when I try at 8:00, 8:01, and 8:02 i get the message that it is too early for me too book. When I try at 8:03 or later the room is gone. SOOOOO frustrating. Why is it giving me the too early message AFTER 8am?
Because the system rechecks availability when you click book. Which you select the 11 month date as your first night. However, when you recheck availability and the 1st night is no longer open the system moves to the largest available block of rooms then tries to process the request. Since that largest available block of rooms no longer includes the 11 month date, it is now trying to book a block of rooms outside your booking window. It is a bad error message and handling on their part and they shouldn't be readjusting your selected dates by clicking book but they are.

I assume you are going for a CCV Studio, AKV Value/Club, BLT Standard, BWV Standard/Boardwalk, RIV Tower, or RIV Standard. My guess is all those rooms are being walked and have been walked for the past couple weeks to make sure people were getting the marathon weekend.

Because the system rechecks availability when you click book. Which you select the 11 month date as your first night. However, when you recheck availability and the 1st night is no longer open the system moves to the largest available block of rooms then tries to process the request. Since that largest available block of rooms no longer includes the 11 month date, it is now trying to book a block of rooms outside your booking window. It is a bad error message and handling on their part and they shouldn't be readjusting your selected dates by clicking book but they are.

I assume you are going for a CCV Studio, AKV Value/Club, BLT Standard, BWV Standard/Boardwalk, RIV Tower, or RIV Standard. My guess is all those rooms are being walked and have been walked for the past couple weeks to make sure people were getting the marathon weekend.
Thanks. I hadnt thought of that. For some reason I thought it gave a different message if there was no availability. But that makes total sense. Im trying to get a BV standard. I have the BW view if I cant get it though.

Called today about status of our desire to add one more night to an existing reservation but cannot because it's caught up in the upgrade gremlins. After checking with tech folks, the nice MS person on the phone indicated the room is still held for us yet no ETA when tech folks would get around to fixing for us by adding the night to the reservation for the correct number of points from the correct UY from the correct AKV contract.

I'll let it ride for a few days before I check back again.

Keep on swimming :fish: Keep on Swimming :fish:

I have been trying to snag a reservation every morning at 8 for about 10 days. I am watching a UTC clock and when I try at 8:00, 8:01, and 8:02 i get the message that it is too early for me too book. When I try at 8:03 or later the room is gone.
How does your UTC clock match with a mobile phone time? In order to get the BWV STD studios you literally have fractions of a second, not minutes. The transition time happens very close to 8:00:00 on my apple devices. At 8:00:01 you are too late...... The message will change from "you are too soon" to "does not match you 7 month window".

Called today about status of our desire to add one more night to an existing reservation but cannot because it's caught up in the upgrade gremlins. After checking with tech folks, the nice MS person on the phone indicated the room is still held for us yet no ETA when tech folks would get around to fixing for us by adding the night to the reservation for the correct number of points from the correct UY from the correct AKV contract.

I'll let it ride for a few days before I check back again.

Keep on swimming :fish: Keep on Swimming :fish:
Well it was fixed late this morning. Received the standard DVC reservation confirmation email showing the extra day added with the right number of points taken from the correct use year.

Thanks to the Disney tech who finally got it sorted :love1:

I had issues booking last night (should know better than to book at night time!) I had to borrow points from 2020 as we are out of 2019 (we have a Sept Use Year). Well went to hit enter on the booking and after about 2 minutes of waiting I got the dwarves. Ugh. Figured my booking had not gone through (no email either). Ten minutes later I was 'allowed' back into the site only to see those borrowed points had been moved to 2019. Oy. I called it a night and first thing this morning I logged on to find the points had been put back into 2020 and I was able to complete our booking in about 5 minutes. Oy:sad2::rotfl2:

How does your UTC clock match with a mobile phone time? In order to get the BWV STD studios you literally have fractions of a second, not minutes. The transition time happens very close to 8:00:00 on my apple devices. At 8:00:01 you are too late...... The message will change from "you are too soon" to "does not match you 7 month window".

Is there an "official" UTC clock that is recommended when making reservations? What do most folks use to know when the 8:00:00 switchover happens?

Online checkin has been acting up for the last week or two. I can’t do it either, and some other people are reporting having the same problem.
Add me to the list of those who can't check in online. At one point I was checked in. Now it appears I am not, but the screens won't load. I guess I'll know on Saturday.
i've been unable to check-in for my February reservation for the past week or so. Did you guys ever get this figured out? I tried both Safari and Chrome but no luck. Frustrating!

P.S. My page won't fully load

I looked on the app, too, and the "check in" button isn't showing up. Super frustrating!

Same here. I don’t know why nothing is working. Even if I just input my stuff that I can and click on the blank blue button at the bottom of the page, it doesn’t save.

Same for me. I signed out, quit the app, relaunched the app, then signed back in. After a few moments the Check-in button appeared (but it was not immediate).

OMG! Thank you so much. This worked for me too. I had done a forced close a bunch of times, but it took logging out AND doing a forced close of the app. When I opened it back up and logged in, it worked. I tried to click, “start checkin” from the opening screen, but that didn’t work. Once I viewed my plans, I was able to do a checkin within that part of the app. Thank you again. This was driving me nuts!

facebook twitter