Booking Online with X'fered Points

My 9 2018 Poly points that were extended until December are now showing up in my account as 9 Riviera points with a December use year. I was even able to book (and cancel) a test night at AKV with them.

Now that is another interesting fact, If everyone who got extended points got them from RIV as a Dec UY, it explains why they expire November 30th.

And, the fact that RIV is in active sales, they’d have plenty of 2019 points to use to give to members who had banked 2018 points in jeopardy.

I did notice that my dashboard is showing 0 points available in 2019 and 0 in 2020 today, even though I do have points available in 2020. If I go into Manage My Points, however, it is showing the correct number of available points.
I figured out that it’s now showing the UY of my transferred points - it’s displaying Dec UY. That’s not my regular UY, which is Sep. It’s the UY of the BWV points I had transferred in.

Is anyone else missing the ability to book with any of their contracts? It's still in my dashboard, my reservation on that contract is still showing - but it errors out when I go to modify it, and when I try to book something new with that contract it's not even in the dropdown.

We have 3 contracts / use years - the 2 that are the same resort are the 2 that are showing up. I'm giving it a day or so before I call, but wondered if anyone else was in the same position.
Same thing for me. Two UYs but can only book with one, no drop down to choose which membership like before. And the UY that is available for me to book with seems to be messed up (Feb 2020 and Jun 2021 under the same UY/membership). Get Rex for trying to modify any reservation at all. Hopefully they sort it out soon so I don't have to call.

So now you can book online with transferred points, instead of having to call it in? If so, this is great!

So now you can book online with transferred points, instead of having to call it in? If so, this is great!
Yes you can and you can also book online with OTU points. However no information about if you are able to buy them as well.

I guess MS will see a significant drop in calls when this is properly implemented.

there is however still a way to go, as the booking system still doesn’t work (at least not for me)

However no information about if you are able to buy them as well.
I really hope they do!! I’ve never actually purchased OTUPs before, but I hate calling in for anything. Plus as someone with multiple UY, this is such a welcome, exciting change!! I’ll still primarily use my memberships independently of one another- but the ability to manage transfers online will definitely add value. Yay!!! :cheer2:

I logged on just now to book a December 2020 reservation, and my borrowed points showed up. I selected them as the contract to use first, made the reservation, and everything seemed to work fine. I hope this improvement sticks around and continues to work. I hate having to call in for anything, and it was nice to see the points on my dashboard!

Yes you can and you can also book online with OTU points. However no information about if you are able to buy them as well.

I guess MS will see a significant drop in calls when this is properly implemented.

there is however still a way to go, as the booking system still doesn’t work (at least not for me)
Still not working for me either. I waited on phone, but had to go elsewhere after 1/2 hour.

Just had a weird experiment with MS. I’m chatting with them about my transferred in points and I wanted them to bank them into 2021 which they did.

Then I decide to cancel a vacation in November 2020 and asked that those points be banked too.

The last banking now moved points in 2022 and not 2021. The CM doing the banking keeps claiming they were from 2021. They can’t be since they are transferred in and were in a reservation in November 2020. Also the banking window for 2021 points haven’t opened yet.

trying now to solve it with another CM.

Btw I’m trying to use my transferred in points during the 11 month window but I can’t I’m getting the error that I’m outside the booking window.
it looks like this

If I try deliberately to book a non home resort during 11 Month window, it looks like this.

have anyone been able to book online during 11 month window with transferred in points?

Unfortunately it does not say if transferred points used online will be available for 11 months reservations or not.

For now I can only use them online during 7 months window.

if I wish to use them during 11 month window I still need to call and then it more or less Doesn’t matter that I can use them online or not.

I really hope it’s a bug in their system

Unfortunately it does not say if transferred points used online will be available for 11 months reservations or not.

For now I can only use them online during 7 months window.

if I wish to use them during 11 month window I still need to call and then it more or less Doesn’t matter that I can use them online or not.

I really hope it’s a bug in their system

I wonder if it is because it’s not actually part of the membership and only a temporary contract?

So when the system searches it only sees what your memberships own for home resort?

Lets hope it is a glitch but at least 7 month trips are online bootable.

I wonder if it is because it’s not actually part of the membership and only a temporary contract?

So when the system searches it only sees what your memberships own for home resort?

Lets hope it is a glitch but at least 7 month trips are online bootable.

if that was the reason and maybe it is, then I don’t understand why the transferred in points show up as your home resort when you make you initial search.

the initial search show your home resorts which are preselected and you need to select other resorts if that is what you want to search for.

if that was the reason and maybe it is, then I don’t understand why the transferred in points show up as your home resort when you make you initial search.

the initial search show your home resorts which are preselected and you need to select other resorts if that is what you want to search for.

You are right. It is up there. Then no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter