Booking Online with X'fered Points

lcur77

Mouseketeer
So when I logged on today I noticed a use year under my points summary which wasn't mine. I chatted with MS to see what that was about and they said they just added the ability online to make reservations with transferred points. Anyone else see this recently or take advantage of it?

sorry I put this on the wrong board.

Moved it for you (CarolMN) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked an existing reservation that uses transferred points and if I try to modify it, the transferred points appear. The contracts appear as #######.0 (mine) and @@@@@@.0 (transferred points) when it comes to choosing which contract to use. I didn’t follow thru with the modification because I don’t really want to mess with this reservation. But it’s a really positive change if they didn’t just roll this out by mistake.

I had posted earlier about seeing Rivera as a home resort when I search but it's not my home resort, AKV Jambo is and I only have 1 contract.

When I go to My Dashboard I see Dec 2019 as a use year with zero points, which would be correct for me since we just used up the 34 2018 points I had on our Labor Day stay.

So while this is a good fix, it looks messy on the website and just drives more questions for MS.

That is good. I sure could have used that feature yesterday when I saw MLK weekend at GC available.

I just checked an existing reservation that uses transferred points and if I try to modify it, the transferred points appear. The contracts appear as #######.0 (mine) and @@@@@@.0 (transferred points) when it comes to choosing which contract to use. I didn’t follow thru with the modification because I don’t really want to mess with this reservation. But it’s a really positive change if they didn’t just roll this out by mistake.
I just did the same and was going to post this! I have a booking that has transferred points and OTUPs. It threw me off because my OTUPs showed up as GCV points! If only it were true I had GCV points. ;-)

I likewise did not follow through with modification, but I'm excited if this really works going forward. I have another reservation in April that has transferred points. I may try to modify that one; if so, I'll let you know if it works.

I did notice that my dashboard is showing 0 points available in 2019 and 0 in 2020 today, even though I do have points available in 2020. If I go into Manage My Points, however, it is showing the correct number of available points.

So, at least for me, when I actually tried to book something it did not work. They are probably still working through bugs but when i try to book the transferred points show as a home resort while booking but I get an error when actually trying to book.

Now this may explain why a BWV showed as a home resort on the booking page,

I do have a reservation for October that is booked with BWV transferred points.

If they start allowing transferred points to be used this way it makes it a great improvement and getting a transfer much easier and more valuable!

ETA: That is it! Those points showed up when I pretended to modify the trip. Such an awesome improvement!

So, at least for me, when I actually tried to book something it did not work. They are probably still working through bugs but when i try to book the transferred points show as a home resort while booking but I get an error when actually trying to book.

I assume you are trying to book something before 11/30?

No, next August.
That's probably why. It sounds like this "fix" is for the 2018 points that you used to have to call MS to get applied to a reservation. Those points are only good until the end of November of this year.

That's probably why. It sounds like this "fix" is for the 2018 points that you used to have to call MS to get applied to a reservation. Those points are only good until the end of November of this year.
The new functionality is not a "fix", its a new feature to allow members to book online with transferred and OTU points. There just seems to be a bug with mine, at least that's what MS said.

Is anyone else missing the ability to book with any of their contracts? It's still in my dashboard, my reservation on that contract is still showing - but it errors out when I go to modify it, and when I try to book something new with that contract it's not even in the dropdown.

We have 3 contracts / use years - the 2 that are the same resort are the 2 that are showing up. I'm giving it a day or so before I call, but wondered if anyone else was in the same position.

What is the UY of the transferred points? That remains the same even though it’s been put into the membership.

For example, my transferred points are a June UY but the temporary contract is in my Dec UY membership.

If I tried today to book June 2021 it would not let me because those points are not valid for that date, even though my own points are.

What is the UY of the transferred points? That remains the same even though it’s been put into the membership.

For example, my transferred points are a June UY but the temporary contract is in my Dec UY membership.

If I tried today to book June 2021 it would not let me because those points are not valid for that date, even though my own points are.
They are a Feb Use Year. Was 2020 points that was banked into the Feb 2021 UY. Should be able to book anything Feb 1, 2021 - Jan 31, 2022. All confirmed with MS, website just wont allow it.

They are a Feb Use Year. Was 2020 points that was banked into the Feb 2021 UY. Should be able to book anything Feb 1, 2021 - Jan 31, 2022. All confirmed with MS, website just wont allow it.

Okay...was just trying to see if there was something else going on.

This new feature just got added as a new "notification" on MS website. It mentions about not being able to see some types of points, but still being able to use them for online booking.

I have transferred in VGC points and am wondering if this relates to why I’ve only seen see Rex Since 0530.

I have transferred in VGC points and am wondering if this relates to why I’ve only seen see Rex Since 0530.
I have transferred points at 2 different resorts right now but am able to still book. I'm sure it has something to do with the changes but not sure why it affects some and not others. Maybe try a different browser?

My 9 2018 Poly points that were extended until December are now showing up in my account as 9 Riviera points with a December use year. I was even able to book (and cancel) a test night at AKV with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter