Booking Mutiple Reservations? Securing a spot..

TK94840

Earning My Ears
Is it wise to book a bunch of WDW resort reservations to secure a spotfor the opening of SWGE?
Ive already booked the entire month of October & November to secure my spot at a resort hotel..thinking about booking December as well...

Is it wise to book a bunch of WDW resort reservations to secure a spotfor the opening of SWGE?
Ive already booked the entire month of October & November to secure my spot at a resort hotel..thinking about booking December as well...

I am glad you asked. I keep almost posting this question but then don't because I don't want to seem crazy lol

DH and I want to go to check things out a month or so after it opens (he wants to go ASAP but I am not quite that mental) and I am afraid once dates are actually announced rooms are going to be booked, especially short long weekend type trips for others with the same mentality.

I think I am going to go ahead and reserve an early December weekend and a mid December weekend and hope for the best.

Yes, book late November to Mid December ;) You can reserve for 31 days! lol
But reserving for 31 days does not mean you are "holding a spot" during that time, unless you are actually planning to stay for that long. Changing the number of days (as in, removing days) will require a rebooking with a new reservation. Therefore, not saving anything.

You would need to book several week-long (or however long you would actually plan to stay) and then keep the one you want and cancel the others.

~Cari~ pluto:

We just booked Boardwalk Inn for May 2020! We aren't taking any chances - we wanted a water view and with Boardwalk being in walking distance to DHS, who knows if it will get booked up quick.

But luckily we already know it would be open by then.

gosh, I would be so nervous!!! I wish they would announce the opening date already, so people can book.

I would just do it!!! But I would just make a few reservations to cover your bases, using the weeks/days you would actually go. One in October, one in November, etc. Then you can pick which week it is actually open and cancel the others. :)

It really does work. Ive done it before :)

In the last year and a half or so they have really eliminated the ability to modify a reservation without rebooking the whole thing (at current rates). Some are able to get exceptions made, but from my reading most don't. You could indeed end up not saving anything when you go to drop time from a 31 day booking.

We just booked Boardwalk Inn for May 2020! We aren't taking any chances - we wanted a water view and with Boardwalk being in walking distance to DHS, who knows if it will get booked up quick.

But luckily we already know it would be open by then.

gosh, I would be so nervous!!! I wish they would announce the opening date already, so people can book.

I would just do it!!! But I would just make a few reservations to cover your bases, using the weeks/days you would actually go. One in October, one in November, etc. Then you can pick which week it is actually open and cancel the others. :)
I was thinking Pop or CBR for skyliner but there is something to be said for walking....

In the last year and a half or so they have really eliminated the ability to modify a reservation without rebooking the whole thing (at current rates). Some are able to get exceptions made, but from my reading most don't. You could indeed end up not saving anything when you go to drop time from a 31 day booking.

Like I said it works lol. Did it for TSL & Avatar :) Just called and had them modify it for me

Yes, book late November to Mid December ;) You can reserve for 31 days! lol

It is not that easy any longer. In order to modify the dates you now need have to be available. Most times I woudl say you woudl have no issues, but Late Fall is already getting booked solid, and WInter is as well. I think you are reducing your odds rather than increasing them because the number of open days decreases as time goes on.

The choices are also reduced. If one attempts to modify an existing reservation from an entire month to say 5 days, those days need to be available. If they are not.....

Like I said it works lol. Did it for TSL & Avatar :) Just called and had them modify it for me

I hope it works for you. I am not sure I like the method, and perhaps that is why I am pessimistic, but if it is allowed and it works.....

Whatever dates you book, those are your dates. Spoken to many many people at Disney, its an advantage.

Whatever dates you book, those are your dates. Spoken to many many people at Disney, its an advantage.
The exact dates you booked are yours. System has changed. Reducing the number of days can easily be done if the days you want to keep are available for new booking, otherwise a guest services CM needs to over ride. You might have an issue dropping 25 days from a 30 day reservation.

OP might be a troll. Might be someone who doesn't know system has changed. Universal has had this system for years. Drop a day and you'll lose your discount or even your reservation if the dates you want aren't available for new bookings. I'll sometimes book my first or last night as a separate reservation.

I suggest booking separate reservations for durations you'll keep as is.

I am glad you have used this to your advantage, and that you have continued to enjoy success. With that said, there are those of us who are painstaking trying to point out that you have been lucky. Others have not had your success and quite frankly, should you encourage that others do so, you may be setting them up for a mess later on. When Disney closes a door the do not usually close it with advance announcements. They slam it shut with a resounding BOOM! While your experience may be positive, I can almost guarantee that there will be people here who follow your advice but then lose out completely when they make changes, and while GS may intervene for a guest who is trying to drop a day or two off their reservation, I bet you a buck that they will not likely intervene for a guest who hedged their bets by booking for a 30 day reservation, tied up those dates for close to a year, and then when they see what date GE is opening, calls to modify and drop 25 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!