Booked bounceback

twix516

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

Just got back from another fabulous stay at the Contemporary and took advantage of the current bounceback offer to book a trip for next December. Really wanted to stay at the Contemporary again (I just can't imagine not having that short walk to MK), but couldn't find any availability besides one bedroom suites. Ended up booking something at the Beach Club instead.

Will I love the Beach Club, or be disappointed since I am used to the convenience of the Contemporary? I have 4 year old twins, so we always plan for two days at MK and one day at each of the other parks. If I decide I want to change resorts later, can I still do that and take advantage of the 30% discount to the extent available? If a free dining discount comes out next year for the December time frame, I can change my reservation to take advantage, correct? I think free dining works out to a better discount for us than 30% off room, so I would certainly be interested and might be able to snag the Contemporary that way.

I also had the choice of booking at AKL, but chose Beach Club since we can at least walk to EPCOT and HS. Was AKL a better option? Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated!

A few things:

1. If you plan 2MK + 1 at every other park, you still have two days of walking to a park from BC. So I think that's about even. You may find you like the vibe of BC.

2. If they're restricting/have limited availability for Contemporary on BB, odds are not good there will be a lot more, of what you'd want, for a possible Free Dining promo.

3. I think BC over AK, given that you still get a walk.

A few things:

1. If you plan 2MK + 1 at every other park, you still have two days of walking to a park from BC. So I think that's about even. You may find you like the vibe of BC.

2. If they're restricting/have limited availability for Contemporary on BB, odds are not good there will be a lot more, of what you'd want, for a possible Free Dining promo.

3. I think BC over AK, given that you still get a walk.

Thanks, that makes sense! I just love not having the hassle of using Disney transportation. We generally drive to every other park and then walk to MK when we stay at the Contemporary. The thought of having to rely on the monorail to get to my car after a long day terrifies me!

Thanks, that makes sense! I just love not having the hassle of using Disney transportation. We generally drive to every other park and then walk to MK when we stay at the Contemporary. The thought of having to rely on the monorail to get to my car after a long day terrifies me!

No monorail at BC. It is walk or boat.

You should try BC, it's pretty over there. If you like the walkability of CR, I think you will like it over there. It's fun to stay there at least once :)

Since it terrifies you, why wouldn’t you take the bus?

Just because it's a hassle to have to collapse the double stroller and hang onto two kids on the bus (plus all the crap we generally throw in the stroller). We have always found it easier to just drive to the parks rather than rely on Disney transportation.

Perhaps you will want to try a Minnie van for your MK days . . .:duck:

They have two car seats and with the seats in place, plenty of cargo room for the stroller. You can see how far away they are on the app and time your exit to meet the van without waiting. The van pick up point is one of the closest bus stops to the MK gate, so very convenient. Just another option.

A slightly cheaper option (maybe) would be to valet park at CR. Although you aren’t supposed to park in self parking to go to MK, there is usually not an issue with parking in valet for the day. You would have to calculate whether valet fee plus tip is cheaper than the Minnie van option, since tips are a very personal decision.

I would keep checking if CR is what you prefer. It could be that a convention has a block of rooms tied up that they won’t use or something like that which could free up availability closer to the date. If not, BC is a great choice also, and I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Just because it's a hassle to have to collapse the double stroller and hang onto two kids on the bus (plus all the crap we generally throw in the stroller). We have always found it easier to just drive to the parks rather than rely on Disney transportation.

If this is important to you I would seriously consider canceling the Beach Club Bounce Back, or changing it if you can. You seem to feel strongly and you should go with your gut

Perhaps you will want to try a Minnie van for your MK days . . .:duck:

They have two car seats and with the seats in place, plenty of cargo room for the stroller. You can see how far away they are on the app and time your exit to meet the van without waiting. The van pick up point is one of the closest bus stops to the MK gate, so very convenient. Just another option.

A slightly cheaper option (maybe) would be to valet park at CR. Although you aren’t supposed to park in self parking to go to MK, there is usually not an issue with parking in valet for the day. You would have to calculate whether valet fee plus tip is cheaper than the Minnie van option, since tips are a very personal decision.

I would keep checking if CR is what you prefer. It could be that a convention has a block of rooms tied up that they won’t use or something like that which could free up availability closer to the date. If not, BC is a great choice also, and I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Yes, I definitely think the Minnie van is a great option and might just be the answer I am looking for!

If this is important to you I would seriously consider canceling the Beach Club Bounce Back, or changing it if you can. You seem to feel strongly and you should go with your gut

I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for something else, but maybe I just need to try something different and this will force me to do it!

BC can be a great option with kids. The Cape May character breakfast gets pretty good reviews, there's B&C for ice cream, and SAB has a fabulous sandy beach area for little kids (I know you're going in December, but the two times I've been in December, it's been warm enough to swim). The boardwalk is fun to walk along, and at 4, your kids might actually appreciate some of the sights/sounds along the boardwalk at night.

Also, as pointed out, at BC you still get to walk or take a boat on two park days.

The big drawback (IMO) would be if you really want a balcony...they aren't guaranteed at BC, and if you like them to hang out on while kiddies nap, beware that you might not get one at BC.

The big drawback (IMO) would be if you really want a balcony...they aren't guaranteed at BC, and if you like them to hang out on while kiddies nap, beware that you might not get one at BC.

Depending on the room category at CR, you might not have one there either. The garden wing rooms have patios on the ground floor but no balconies on the upper floors. Only the tower rooms have balconies.

I also book the Bounceback offers - just know that availability fluctuates , what's not available now might be in a few weeks, so keep checking with them. I booked a Bounceback in August and the only thing available was club level (which I did not want), I kept it though and 2 months later the category I wanted (1 bedroom Vila) opened up and I changed my ressie.

Beach club is nice - the pool is nice for your little ones and you can walk to Epcot. It's a scenic short 5 minute walk to the international gate.

But I also see your point about the easy of waking to/from the MK. This may be more important to you if you spend more time at MK than Epcot

We usally stay in 1 bedrooms , we love the extra space and the washer/drier, would you consider staying at a 1 bedroom in Bay Lake, we did and loved it. Hope this helps, marina

If you want to make a change to a BB, do you call the BB phone number or Disney reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter