Boo Bash Costumes

igrsod

DIS Veteran
I'm already brainstorming costume ideas for our crew.
Currently thinking 4 Pooh characters, or 4 Muppet characters. My DH wants us to go as the seagulls from Nemo. That's still in the running.

Thought it would be fun to start a costume thread.

What costumes are you wearing?

I would like to do something Haunted Mansion themed. Not sure on specifics. Whatever it is will need to be cool because we're going to the first party and I'm sure it will be hot!
That's the key.... comfortable, cool and easy to get on and off of rides.
I love the haunted mansion theme.

My daughter is obsessed with Jack Skellington - so we are going as NBC - we will have a Jack, Sally, Oogie, Lock, Shock, and Barrel. I can't wait and have already begun all of the planning - so fun! Our first Halloween event. It is tricky to figure out ways to pull this off in the melting heat (we are going on Aug 24th).

I don't think my husband will be into dressing up (though he may wear some sort of pumpkin T-shirt). But my daughter is thinking about Genie and I will probably just do Minnie. *ETA - I started to think it might be fun to be Aladdin to go with her Genie.

I'm just going to get a Disney Halloween shirt and maybe some Halloween ears from Etsy. I'm going to the first Boo Bash and the idea of a costume in that heat is not exciting.
For our costumes, I was thinking of a t-shirt kind of idea too. My DH overheats in the winter, don't want him to pass out at the party.

Local here, the heat and humidity have started... it was in the 90's yesterday so by the time the party starts it will be really hot... So keeping that in mind...

Getting on and off rides without issues...

Kids get dehydrated easily, so drinking more mean more restroom breaks.. Keep that in mind when choosing their costumes...

We normally wear shorts, and make or create or buy shirts with our theme...add in accessories to finish...

One year I just bought skeleton T-shirts at Wal-mart, and I did not realize that they glowed in the dark, so that was a added bonus... we wore shorts, and I made some hair accessories for DD, and myself...

We were Ninja Turtle's one year, DH, DD, SIL, and myself were the turtles and our grandson was Shredder... my grandson costume was a very expensive. For us Adults DD found T-shirts on line and we wore them... Few weeks before I had bought him ( our grandson) a Halloween party T-shirt and my DD brought some shorts which about a hour in he took the costume off and the T-shirt and shorts went on...

Last year we were suppose to go and of course this did not happen... We were going as Pirates, I started working on the costumes... and they are just sitting in my sewing room, waiting to see if we are going or not this year.. so if we go Pirates for sure... I will say the base of our costume will be frayed old jean shorts, and I'm using tank tops as the base for the shirts... We have a bunch of accessories from a Disney Cruise pirate night that I can reuse...

I'm just going to get a Disney Halloween shirt and maybe some Halloween ears from Etsy. I'm going to the first Boo Bash and the idea of a costume in that heat is not exciting.
Yeah, when we did an August MNSSHP, we just wore Mickey Halloween t-shirts. We dressed as Pooh, Eeyore, and a bumblebee once, but it was hot enough in Georgia. The kids were Mike Wazowski and Sully for a trunk or treat last year, but I think the Sully outfit will be too hot, even in October in Florida. Leaning towards Rescuers- Bernard, Bianca, Penny, and Evinrude.

8 of us going this years and we are doing Peter Pan characters: Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Schmee, Wendy, Michael, John, Tinkerbell, Tick Tock Croc and Nanna.

My daughter is obsessed with Jack Skellington - so we are going as NBC - we will have a Jack, Sally, Oogie, Lock, Shock, and Barrel. I can't wait and have already begun all of the planning - so fun! Our first Halloween event. It is tricky to figure out ways to pull this off in the melting heat (we are going on Aug 24th).

We did some of those characters at the last MNSSHP that we went to in 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter