Bonnet Creek PAY IT FORWARD..PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW FOR NEW THREAD!

Awww man...I see luvtocookinpa beat me to it; we're there the exact same days as you (4/16-23/11)!

*luvtocookinpa, if you cancel your trip, let me know ;) . Maybe we'll see ya there.*

What an absolutely EXCELLENT idea you've all come up with. So generous & helpful.

PIF2!

Awww man...I see luvtocookinpa beat me to it; we're there the exact same days as you (4/16-23/11)!

*luvtocookinpa, if you cancel your trip, let me know ;) . Maybe we'll see ya there.*

What an absolutely EXCELLENT idea you've all come up with. So generous & helpful.

Honestly couldn't we get a second strand of pay it forward going if there are more going? I go 9th thru 13th and could leave stuff at the front desk for you.
So maybe at the top of the thread call yourself PIF2!

How Bout we make a second thread.

PIF2!

Honestly couldn't we get a second strand of pay it forward going if there are more going? I go 9th thru 13th and could leave stuff at the front desk for you.
So maybe at the top of the thread call yourself PIF2!

How Bout we make a second thread.

I would be fine with adding a second group onto this thread, it does seem that there are enough people interested. I can just add it on to the original first page, next to the first one. What ya think?

I would be fine with adding a second group onto this thread, it does seem that there are enough people interested. I can just add it on to the original first page, next to the first one. What ya think?

No problem! That sounds great!

No problem! That sounds great!

Ok, I will work on that today..I think there were at least 3 people who could be slotted in to a second group...do you want to go back to that second thread you started and delete it, then we will all be in one place. :goodvibes

Folks, another option for unopened/nonperishable items: Bonnet Creek collects them for a local food shelter.

Now there's a good idea! Has anyone actually checked with BC to see if this is doable? BC isn't Disney!

Now there's a good idea! Has anyone actually checked with BC to see if this is doable? BC isn't Disney!

One of the participants was part of a group last year that did this at Bonnet Creek. The front desk didn't have a problem at all with leaving a box for a family. There is a storage room off the main lobby that they will keep the box in.

I think regardless of who or what you leave the nonperishables for it is great to not be wasting items unnecessarily. I like the idea of helping out fellow DISers with items they might need, or coupons, useful tips etc....

I just want to say thank you to Disneyforus for coordinating this & to all who participate. This is such a helpful idea!

I was part of the group from last year. Front desk was great about storing a bag or box for a family, but one thing I should mention is the size or capacity of the bag. The family before us used a small box with the lid taped (well marked) and we used a material type grocery bag and tied the handles together with a ribbon ( brought the label and ribbon from home). We used the ribbon to attach the label. I don't think they would welcome multiple or large parcels, but we only had a few things (clorox wipes, sunscreen, a can of soup, puffs tissues, spray lysol. Since we knew there were 2 children we included the holiday Disney Hats for them as a treat.We did have a few other things, but we used the WBC Food Bank donation box for those. Hope this helps.

So happy to see we made the 2nd list. I hate wasting things so this will be nice. Thanks for pulling this all together!!!

i pm'd you but will post here too as a way to subscribe to the thread. we are checking in may 16 and checking out may 26. would love to participate! thanks.

Hmmm.... I'm heading down next week actually (3/5-3/12), So I don't see any reason why i can't help kick this thing off by leaving stuff for the next group.

I guess the big question would be if i'm going to be the official first person, what should i stock the thing with to begin? To be honest, i'm not sure how much stuff I'll have, but I don't forsee having any problems throwing spending a little extra to give us a proper starting point on the kit that could be reusable.

Maybe a nice plastic tote..... index cards? marker? Some tape? (Hey! maybe even a Lime Green Mickey to secure to the tote to help with identification?)

Hmmm.... I'm heading down next week actually (3/5-3/12), So I don't see any reason why i can't help kick this thing off by leaving stuff for the next group.

I guess the big question would be if i'm going to be the official first person, what should i stock the thing with to begin? To be honest, i'm not sure how much stuff I'll have, but I don't forsee having any problems throwing spending a little extra to give us a proper starting point on the kit that could be reusable.

Maybe a nice plastic tote..... index cards? marker? Some tape? (Hey! maybe even a Lime Green Mickey to secure to the tote to help with identification?)

Yes, you can kick off the #1 Pay it Forward!!! Thanks!!
But, please just leave non perishable items you have left over. No need to "stock it", as we are just trying to not "waste" items that we could give to another DIS family.
If you decide to get a plastic box, that is fine, just not too big. I am picturing something like half the size of a regular plastic tote. Maybe something solid colored. Or, just a regular cardboard box that we can tape up. Another poster who participated in this last year used a fabric grocery bag and tied the handles together and attached the incoming families name to it....that would also be great!

So, how does that sound everyone??

now i am jumping out of my skin to go!...this will be our first trip to BC and this is going to be a great experience for my children. thanks to all....katalo..txs for the pm..cant pm yet...:confused3...getting close

Yes, you can kick off the #1 Pay it Forward!!! Thanks!!
But, please just leave non perishable items you have left over. No need to "stock it", as we are just trying to not "waste" items that we could give to another DIS family.
If you decide to get a plastic box, that is fine, just not too big. I am picturing something like half the size of a regular plastic tote. Maybe something solid colored. Or, just a regular cardboard box that we can tape up. Another poster who participated in this last year used a fabric grocery bag and tied the handles together and attached the incoming families name to it....that would also be great!

So, how does that sound everyone??

Obviously I'd leave any non-perishable items I had left over, but at the same time, I'm not sure how much I'll have. I'll probably be doing a lot of eating out and stuff, so I'm not sure how much stuff I'll be buying.

My "stocking" idea was more along the lines of simple stuff to facilitate the passing of the box between families. IE... A reuseable tote to put stuff in. Index cards to write the next family's name on. Tape to attach the index card to the box. Was thinking taping the LGM chip on it would also help with indentifying and marking the box.

At the very least, it would provide everything needed to pass it on to the next family without having to worry about tracking down tape/paper to put the next family's info on.

Obviously I'd leave any non-perishable items I had left over, but at the same time, I'm not sure how much I'll have. I'll probably be doing a lot of eating out and stuff, so I'm not sure how much stuff I'll be buying.

My "stocking" idea was more along the lines of simple stuff to facilitate the passing of the box between families. IE... A reuseable tote to put stuff in. Index cards to write the next family's name on. Tape to attach the index card to the box. Was thinking taping the LGM chip on it would also help with indentifying and marking the box.

At the very least, it would provide everything needed to pass it on to the next family without having to worry about tracking down tape/paper to put the next family's info on.

Great! :thumbsup2 Thanks, that sounds wonderful, I appreciate your willingness to help get things going.

As we move forward, it might be nice if we get updates from people on the status of the box.

now i am jumping out of my skin to go!...this will be our first trip to BC and this is going to be a great experience for my children. thanks to all....katalo..txs for the pm..cant pm yet...:confused3...getting close

Me too! What a great community! :cool1:

Ok, we are going to get this thing going the end of the week!! Make sure you check the first page/post often for any updates of info if you are signed up to participate. Don't forget to contact the person after you for their name.

Thanks everyone!!

Also, just a reminder...
If you are leaving a non perishable food item make sure that it is unopened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter