*BONGOS* Downtown Disney

nannette

Dislikes Trolls! :)
Has anyone eaten here?? How was it. I know it's not on the Dinning Plan, but I have always wanted to eat there and DD NEVER does and since I will be there by myself for 1.5 days before she arrives and I'm not on the Dinning Plan I thought I would give it a try.

~Nannette

It actually is on the DDP now!
We haven't had a full meal here, but we've grabbed a quick snack from the counter window. We really liked it! Even my kids liked it! :thumbsup2
I couldn't even tell you what we got, since DH ordered it, but the kids devoured it! In thinking about our ADRs for our trip later this year, this is at the top of my list for our DTD TS meal.

It was great. Even our kids enjoyed the chicken bites... but Iloved the skirt steak... yummy! :thumbsup2

DH & I just ate there a few weeks ago. He had been wanting to try it for a long time so we finally went. For an appetizer we shared:

Bongo's Combo - serves two people. Includes fried stuffed potatoes, pork tamale, Cuban Mojo marinated fried pork bites, traditional Cuban ham croquettes and stuffed yuca cups.

The pork bites & the beef stuffed yuca cup were stand outs. There was also a shrimp stuffed yuca cup that was okay, but I liked the beef one much better.

DH had for his meal:

El Tour Cubano - roast pork, shredded seared beef and shredded chicken, served with fried green plantains, white rice, black beans and three sauces: Chimmi Churri, Homemade Mojo and a Cumin Mojo.

He loved it, but I thought it looked like just a bunch of shredded meat on a plate with rice. Blech!

For my meal I had:

Chicharrones de Pescado - deep fried fish bites marinated in Cuban mojo with white rice and maduro.

The marinade added just a bit of spice to the fried fish & I substituted fries for the rice. Love me some fish & chips!

The drinks were also great so overall we both liked it & would eat there again.

Great! Thanks for the awesome review! I'll be having lunch there!

~Nannette

Get ready to get wow'ed. This place is awesome..Pick a nice mild evening to either have some outdoor seating near the river area. Water.. Or if you eat inside I would recommend upstairs near the overlook. Either way you'll love it. Great authrntic Cuban/Puerto Rican dishes. great atmosphere, the live band. Great food & desserts...I can go on & on, & yes as PP stated it is now on DP.:thumbsup2 Hve fun & Enjoy... You will be backkkk! LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter