Boma Breakfast?

I don't know when you are going? When we went we had one. In my opinion, It is one of the best breakfasts at all of Disney!

I had breakfast there in October, our only breakfast outside the room. There were a ton of people waiting. Even with a reservation we waited awhile.

We went on the first Saturday in December w/o a reservation. But could see it being ressies only in a busier time of year.

BTW - please go, you will be happy that you did.:thumbsup2

I went to Boma's for breakfast twice during the Christmas-New Year vacation, and I had ressies, but no one else who was waiting had them. Of course, 10:30 is later than most people eat breakfast, so it wasn't full, anyway. My daughters and I went in October without a ressie, and we were the only ones there! Again, we are late breakfast eaters, so that makes a difference. Nearly every table had dishes on them, so they had been very busy earlier in the day, but by the time we went to breakfast it was empty. The breakfast bar was full, though, and we had a great time watching everyone cleaning and setting up for dinner. They didn't seem at all bothered by the three of us, either!;)

I agree with Cruella. If you are eating late (10:30am or later) you probably don't need a reservation. If you are eating earlier than that, I would make a reservation just in case.

We had breakfast at Boma a couple of times last time we stayed at AKV. I agree with kimberh, it's definitely one of the best (if not the best) breakfasts in 'the World'. :thumbsup2

The first time it was really busy and we were glad we had ADRs. The second time we went much later and it was pretty quiet, so it does seem to calm down a lot once most people have gone off to the parks etc. Still, if I were you I'd made ressies - better safe than sorry, you don't want to miss this one. :)

Charlotte

We always make reservations for Boma, breakfast or dinner. While breakfast is good, dinner is the BEST!:thumbsup2

I had an ADR, 1 person in December, just to be safe. I agree, it was delicious.

Bobbi:goodvibes

whats dinner like? i have dinner ressies for 2.15.2009!

I haven't eaten there, but at AKL at 4PM, maybe every day, there's a tour of Jiko with some samples and then you go to Boma, and we were able to sample some of the soups. I had a seafood gumbo, my DF had potato and they were very tasty! Sometimes you get to taste the desserts, but I'm glad we got the soups, because I realize that I did like the spices used, that it wasn't a restaurant that would be too exotic for my tastes. I've only eaten Breakfast there, but will be trying dinner. I'm telling you this because if you get a chance to take the little tour, do it before you have your ADR!

Bobbi:goodvibes

whats dinner like? i have dinner ressies for 2.15.2009!

Ahhhh...it is wonderful. It is a huge buffet where absolutely everything is delicious. Bobbi mentioned the soups! OMG. They are so good. I think they usually have about 4 to choose from. I always have at least 2 diff. cups.:rolleyes1 There are just so many unusual dishes because it is all African cuisine from all over the continent. I have become a huge fan of Moroccon foods since eating there. I now love CousCous.:rotfl: (They have a kids section with the usual kids fare too.) You should sample a taste of everything. It is a real treat!:thumbsup2

When we were there last breakfast was more of your typical breakfast foods, although I think I read where they're going to start mixing in more African dishes. That's cool, 'cuz that's why we love it so!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter