BOMA at AKL

TnKrBeLlA012

<font color=red>I am so addicted to this board!!<b
I am leaving for Disney April 8th I have made reservations at Boma because I have heard from a lot of people that it is excellent. Is this true? What kind of food do they have? Is it African or just normal food. Thanks! ::MinnieMo :wave2:

It is mostly American food, with African spices and prepared in slightly unusual ways. Boma is a wonderful restaurant, my DD talks about it all the time, and the first time she ate there, she was a fairly picky eater!!

They have wonderful desserts, so save room for them. My favorite was the coconut tiramasu.

Definitely save room for desserts! I love the Zebra Domes! Yum :p

We were disappointed. It was the worst meal of our trip (except for fast food and our character meal). But it wasn't bad, it was just we'd heard it was excellent and it was only good. Plus, the buffet doesn't lend itself to exceptional dining and we really had to go out of our way to go here - we were staying at the BW. I thought the desserts in particular were overrated. Given the build up on Zebra Domes, I was expecting them to be better than they were.

The soups are really excellent. I don't think the soups were overrated at all.

(BTW, for comparison, we ate our other meals at Biergarten (we were starving so that probably helped it taste really good), Spoodles, Narcoosees, Marrakesh, Teppanyaki, Kona Cafe, Le Cellier (which we all thought was excellent)

Boma, in one word, is AMAZING. We can't wait to go back there. Make sure to visit the soup station - unbelievable soups. And the desserts are amazing!!

DO NOT MISS BOMA!

I always have to include myself in on the BOMA threads, it is truly a must-go for us when we head down to WDW! Love the lodge, the food and the staff!!

another "ech, it was ok"... just not worth all the hype for breakfast at least. we had a real jerk for a waiter so that might have sullied our impression. the food was fine, just not exceptional or worth the trip imo. we are very adventurous eaters though so maybe we just expected more exotic foods.

make a point to eat there every visit to WDW. Interesting flavors yet not too scary for those with timid taste buds. The food quality and assortment is excellent. And the desserts.....just have to be experienced.

You will love BOMA! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter