BOG Special Invitation!

Sophiesmom

Earning My Ears
So excited! Got here this evening and was lucky enough to be given one of the BOG lunch "special invitations" when entering the line for DME!! Can't wait to schedule and give it a try!! What a great start to our short trip! pixiedust:

Is this an invitation to do FP lunch at BOG? I've been curious how this would work. Please post an update after you do it!

Is this an invitation to do FP lunch at BOG? I've been curious how this would work. Please post an update after you do it!

Yes, this is a FastPass invitation. According to the card I was given, I go online, schedule the day and time, and choose our food - then show the card in exchange for the FP at either MK City Hall or at Mickey's Philharmagic to get the FP that day. Then present the FP at a separate line at BOG.

I will update after we do it!

Yes, this is a FastPass invitation. According to the card I was given, I go online, schedule the day and time, and choose our food - then show the card in exchange for the FP at either MK City Hall or at Mickey's Philharmagic to get the FP that day. Then present the FP at a separate line at BOG.

I will update after we do it!

You have to choose your food before you even get there??? That's weird. :rotfl: Congrats, and can't wait to hear how it went! Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Just double checked the invitation - and yes, instruction #2 is "Select an arrival window and pre-order your meal." Card states it is "an invitation -only test". Should be interesting!

Sounds like a QS ADR...kinda...sorta...

Yeah, congrats to OP...I hope it works out well, but as much as I dislike lines and love planning...I don't want to go to Disney if every single decision of where we will be and what we will eat every minute of every day is already decided before we get there.

They tried this a few months ago, too. Maybe they tweaked something and are trying it again. Please report back, OP! I'm curious how it works for you!

This sound great!! Can't wait to hear how it works out. I want to try lunch on our upcoming trip but the rest of the family isn't on board with waiting to get in. Enjoy!!

Very cool! Wondering - did you notice if you can customize the food when you pre-order it? Like leave off mustard, or request something to be allergen free? Just curious as to how detailed they allow the pre-order to be, as that will be a big deal to a lot of people.

I was wondering if this was posted here yet. When I arrived for DME on 5/12 I got the invite too. It was a FP+ trial.

You had two choices:
- Select a prearranged time online, similar to TS ADR, that bypasses the standby line
- Select a time and pre-order your meal, so when you arrive you go straight to your table and your food is brought to you. In other words you bypass the ordering process.

I selected the 2nd option because I was curious about the process and the trial and wanted to see the ordering site. I have a few screen shots I can post later if anyone is interested. I selected the meals online, we got there and paid at the greeter CM then were taken to our table. You could change your meal after pre-selecting, up until you arrived I assume, we changed the night before after I consulted DH.

The process itself was not too complicated but I had some kind of glitch every step of the way, which confirms to me they are not ready for prime time yet. It was an easier way to do BOG at lunch. (I still preferred BOG at dinner, the atmosphere was nicer, but we are TS people anyway.)

If anyone is interested I can post screen shots and give more detail on the process and glitches I encountered. Not interested in starting another FP+ debate here, but I did like the process assuming it all went smoothly. But again I prefer to make an ADR and not wait for a CS table anyway so I don't mind planning when I'll eat, especially if it eliminates the wait.

Very cool! Wondering - did you notice if you can customize the food when you pre-order it? Like leave off mustard, or request something to be allergen free? Just curious as to how detailed they allow the pre-order to be, as that will be a big deal to a lot of people.

I believe you could make notes and modifications. You could definitely filter by and note allergies. In fact that was one of my glitches, somehow our file showed we were gluten and dairy free but we had ordered ww pasta for one of the kids. Someone came out to ask before bringing the food because they can't do gluten-free pasta. We have no allergies so it was apparently a button I accidentally selected or something when trying to get the site to work, which was another challenge. Regardless, they seem to have the allergy thing addressed as part of the process.

I believe you could make notes and modifications. You could definitely filter by and note allergies. In fact that was one of my glitches, somehow our file showed we were gluten and dairy free but we had ordered ww pasta for one of the kids. Someone came out to ask before bringing the food because they can't do gluten-free pasta. We have no allergies so it was apparently a button I accidentally selected or something when trying to get the site to work, which was another challenge. Regardless, they seem to have the allergy thing addressed as part of the process.

Good to know! Thanks for relaying your experience with it. I think it sounds pretty neat and would be willing to give it a try in busier seasons. If we were visiting at a less crowded time then I may not feel as eager to try it. Definitely seems like a good idea for busy times though.:thumbsup2

We received the special invitation when we got to the line to get on the DME. There were some glitches in our case and we couldn't get it to work on the computer, so we went to City Hall and they had CM set aside to help people that were experiencing glitches. It took them 2-3 minutes to get us registered in the system (we went in the day we wanted to go). When we got to BOG, we walked right up to the ordering line, waited 5-10 minutes, ordered our food and ate. Overall a pretty good experience, but they still have some bugs. Once we got in the restaurant was no where near full in any room. It seemed to us like the hang up was all in the ordering process. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter