Bob Iger leaves Trump's advisory council

I agree have to start somewhere. Interesting bits of info in this article I found after just a quick google search. Apparently solar panels in EPCOT have been used in some capacity since 1982. A few other cool stats from this short article if anyone is interested:

https://www.dogonews.com/2016/4/17/...rm-to-power-orlandos-walt-disney-world-resort

Oh I think they try, and will continue-but IMO its (WDW) is one of the least (and biggest) necessary carbon footprints being created.

The WDW resort buses are designed and manufactured by GM exclusively for Disney. They are engineered to use maximum gas efficiency and produce low emissions.

Last edited:
Iger has a commitment to the Walt Disney Company as well. If something for the company is happening he must go to that. There has been talk that members of the Disney board wanted him to resign as well.

So that raises in interesting question. How beholden to the board is Iger? Is anything Iger does completely a result of his independent thinking, or does just about everything he does (in order to keep his job) have to be done to please the board? Is he the board's leader or the board's puppet?

So that raises in interesting question. How beholden to the board is Iger? Is anything Iger does completely a result of his independent thinking, or does just about everything he does (in order to keep his job) have to be done to please the board? Is he the board's leader or the board's puppet?
I'm sure it was Igers decision by himself to join the council. It just seems that this was the last straw for Iger to pull out. Board members against it, Public outcry, other decisions made the administration and various other factors.

I just don't know why anyone would go to all of the time and trouble and agree to join ANY kind of a board, then pull out, without actually going to meetings, or DOING anything. Sounds too much like those PTO moms forced into joining then can't go because their kids have "sudden commitments on meeting nights" or some excuse. Just say no upfront if you aren't interested, and be done with it, or hang in there and at least give it a good go of a year or so before quitting and looking like you couldn't handle it. That goes for anything, not just Iger's recent exit.

If he or Disney really cared about the premise of the Paris climate agreement they would shut down that sickening go-cart track that takes up way to much Magic Kingdom space - I avoid the entire area becuase of the fumes and smell. Shutting that down, or at least upgrading it to a better power source, would of course cost too much money, which would then affect Iger's bottom line...and that's what politics are all about.

Thanks Mr. Iger for knowing what is right and standing by it!
It seems Mr Iger is rather intolerant of other and differing opinions. That seems short sighted and must make for a lot of tense moments for any Disney employees that disagree with him. Taking your ball and going home seems to be rather immature for a big time corporate leader.

Maybe, but I still have 100% doubt that anyone booking a vacation thinks about his time on this counsel.

I do think you are right in the sense that CEO's and public faces of companies need to be careful in their actions because they can have negative financial ramifications.

I just don't think this is a scenario that WDW shareholders should be concerned about.

ETA: Are you going to stop going because of this?
I will not stop going to Disney even though there is little I like about Iger or his announced politics. I go to Disney because of what Walt built-all for family-Iger is more about himself that family values. I will guarantee you that if there was competition for what Walt Disney built, because of Eisner and Iger I would stop going to Disney in a heartbeat.

If he or Disney really cared about the premise of the Paris climate agreement they would shut down that sickening go-cart track that takes up way to much Magic Kingdom space - I avoid the entire area becuase of the fumes and smell. Shutting that down, or at least upgrading it to a better power source, would of course cost too much money, which would then affect Iger's bottom line...and that's what politics are all about.
I love the race cars and so do my kids and grand kids. Shutting down the race cars would be like forcing people to stop using lawnmowers to cut their grass. I enjoy the noise and the smell of the area even in my old age.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter