Bob Iger extends contract into 2019

Wow, this article is a major cheerleading event. I'm not saying that he hasn't done at least a portion of these things but I think that the parks need another direction. Everything is so messy in that regard and the tone is set at the top imo.

Agree completely.

He had done good things...but he is eroding the foundations in key areas the longer he stays...the customers will suffer in the end.

And what's this episode 8 is "quite good"?

That's as underwhelming as you can get. And what I have been worrying about for months since rian Johnson made a point to praise the awful prequels...huh? Did you hit your head?

Disney hushed over TFA and acted like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Umm...no. Money does not equal quality.

Oh boy...I need a G&T:drinking1

I would argue he's pulling worse...his timebomb just has a longer fuse on it

Well, that's very subjective. Eisner was every theme park fan's dream at some point of his reign, but then he started building Walt Disney Studios, California Adventures and Hong Kongs and allowing very poor decisiones to be made at the animation and live-action studios.

Iger is pricing out the middle class from the parks, he took a very long time to start making serious investments on P&R and he's squeezing every drop of the franchises he helped to build. He's still generating billions for the company at this point, and you could argue that the company has never been as big and successful as it is these days. If we talk about long-term consequences for the company, I think it's fair to say that Iger has been making some questionable decisions.

Well, that's very subjective. Eisner was every theme park fan's dream at some point of his reign, but then he started building Walt Disney Studios, California Adventures and Hong Kongs and allowing very poor decisiones to be made at the animation and live-action studios.

Iger is pricing out the middle class from the parks, he took a very long time to start making serious investments on P&R and he's squeezing every drop of the franchises he helped to build. He's still generating billions for the company at this point, and you could argue that the company has never been as big and successful as it is these days. If we talk about long-term consequences for the company, I think it's fair to say that Iger has been making some questionable decisions.

You see...you went ahead and typed all that? I was wayyy to lazy. Lucky I got you, eh?

Happy to have Iger around for another year. Lots of improvements happened and are happening in the parks under his watch. He's put good people in charge of the expansion and given them the money to make it happen. Can't complain there.

As a stockholder I'm also loving the Iger years. Stock is at an all-time high.

Happy to have Iger around for another year. Lots of improvements happened and are happening in the parks under his watch. He's put good people in charge of the expansion and given them the money to make it happen. Can't complain there.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the parks aspect. From 2005 to about 2012 parks improvements were pretty much stagnant. He waited far too long for improvements to parks like DHS, and Epcot is still waiting. Many would argue that even new fantasyland wasn't the major addition that MK needed. It's all subjective though.

Those two elements get along about as well a cobra and a mongoose...

Stock price and good theme parks are antithetical

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the parks aspect. From 2005 to about 2012 parks improvements were pretty much stagnant. He waited far too long for improvements to parks like DHS, and Epcot is still waiting. Many would argue that even new fantasyland wasn't the major addition that MK needed. It's all subjective though.

Yeah...all that.

Agree completely.

He had done good things...but he is eroding the foundations in key areas the longer he stays...the customers will suffer in the end.

And what's this episode 8 is "quite good"?

That's as underwhelming as you can get. And what I have been worrying about for months since rian Johnson made a point to praise the awful prequels...huh? Did you hit your head?

Disney hushed over TFA and acted like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Umm...no. Money does not equal quality.

Oh boy...I need a G&T:drinking1

To be fair, you did say a couple days ago that you don't like to get your movie reviews from corporate suites (I think someone mentioned an article on Beauty and the Beast that the Wall Street Journal put out). For all I know, Uncle Bob knows how to dissect a movie like Roger Ebert, but my gut is telling me that's just not the case.

Though "quite good" is underwhelming currently, the film hasn't really jumped on the marketing train. The sound bites will follow.

To be fair, you did say a couple days ago that you don't like to get your movie reviews from corporate suites (I think someone mentioned an article on Beauty and the Beast that the Wall Street Journal put out). For all I know, Uncle Bob knows how to dissect a movie like Roger Ebert, but my gut is telling me that's just not the case.

Though "quite good" is underwhelming currently, the film hasn't really jumped on the marketing train. The sound bites will follow.

One would hope...because it must be much better Than the first one. It can't be canned stuff with a John Williams score and a dead old character.

Speaking of...I think there's something to download off itunes today...

Spoken like a stockholder.

They're spending money on things announced 6 years ago...

What have they announced to follow that up? Because it's never "enough"...that's the business they're in.

They're spending money on things announced 6 years ago...

What have they announced to follow that up? Because it's never "enough"...that's the business they're in.

I would love to know if Iger and team have grand plans, but the way that folks respond to change, I am not sure that they would be well received anyway. As an example, for every person that loves Pandora, there is someone who thinks that it is a waste of time, space and $$$. Not sure why Disney would want to share advanced information with such a fickle group of "fans". They'll just pick the news apart and complain about what/where Disney should be spending the money. I do it. I see it every day. Frankly, we have no idea what we are talking about beyond our personal likes/dislikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter