Boardwalk Villas, Construction Notice

Thanks y'all for chiming in about your stay experiences and the rehab/painting/construction. We ended up keeping our BWV ressies for April. I've been watching this thread as folks post updates.
Thanks again! :cutie:

Hey y'all,

We have reservations in April 2017, and we received the following construction notice by email last week.
"- Upon your arrival, you will see and hear work in progress as we renovate Disney's BoardWalk Villas for your future enjoyment.
- You will also notice Cast Members conducting routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance throughout the Resort"

Has anyone else received this notice for May 2017 dates as well?

What options have others pursued in the past when receiving these construction notices?

Thanks!
We were there this past August (our room faced the big clown pool) and even though we got that same notice we hardly saw or heard any work going on at all. The only thing we saw was work being done on the smaller pool by the DVC community hall. I guess it depends on where your room is but they are very good about keeping the noise down to a minimum.

I apologize for digging up an old thread but seeing that BWV is still posting a notice on the website about construction (and lack of parking!), I figured I'd fish for an update.

Any news from those who have stayed recently?

Last edited:
I apologize for digging up an old thread but seeing that BWV is still posting a notice on the website about construction (and lack of parking!), I figured I'd fish for an update.

Any news from those who have stayed recently?
I was there May 1st - 6th , the only construction I saw was they were painting the railings around the lake

WE STAYED THERE MAY 4-9. THE FIRST DAY THEY HAD A CRANE BLOCKING OFF ONE OF THE WALKWAYS BY THE LUNA POOL (oops) sorry about the caps) while they powerwashed some balconies. we had a wheelchair so had to go around to the other side of the pool to enter. no big deal.. it was only there a couple hours. I imagine those rooms couldn't use their balconies for those hours. that same day they had a section of the concrete on the Inn side outside the lobby blocked off for power washing. I didn't see anything at all for the rest of the stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter