Boardwalk Villas, Construction Notice

Which view do you have booked? They were working on the canal side when I was there in October. Small sections at a time.
Pool garden view. We've never stayed there before. Don't know the lay or the land.

We are going to BWVs in February. Didn't get any notice of painting. Split stay at OKW but did get a notice about main pool closing.

We're on year 3 of this refurb if you count all the exterior painting that is serious enough they're telling people about it pre-stay.

I'm telling you. 2029.
nah....they will at least have it complete for one full calendar year in 2021 for the 50th ;)

There was just a list of refurbishmets at WDW aon a site called Disney Fanatics. it said the work would be done between 9 am and 5 pm and to keep personal items off the balconies and patios. this leaves me to believe that the rooms with balconies being painted will not be taken out of inventory? and we may not be able to use our balcony for part of our stay? yikes! the balcony is pretty important to us.

Last edited:

any one have any new news on if they are taking rooms out of inventory? or can you possibly have a room and unable to use the balcony? thanks

Oh dear, we are booked for May 1st, studio with Boardwalk view. Not heard anything. Did I read that the pool was closing ? Really worried now?

we are booked for 5 nights. starting may 4. we are renting points and the people we are renting from haven't heard anything.

Last edited:

This is from the email I received a couple of days ago

In addition to the routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance, we would like to make you aware that our Luna Park Pool and slide will be unavailable beginning in early February. We anticipate the pool to open in mid-February, while the slide should remain closed until early March. It is also possible that you will hear construction noise in the area.

During this time, we invite you to make a splash at the leisure pool located near BoardWalk Inn. Transportation will also be provided to Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts where you can enjoy three acres of aquatic fun at Stormalong Bay.

DH,myself DD and he DH checked into our 1 bd rm here at BWV yesterday......We are on the 5th floor and near elevators which was my request.....Yes large patio looking into lots of trees....not complaining...we were sitting outside in the afternoon until the smell overcame us and we went in....I looked down the they were painting etc on the lowest level....oh well.....it all is looking lovely...also some work being down over the BW store....and further down by the BIG RIVER GRILL....excited to be able to use the SAB pool.....soon

DH,myself DD and he DH checked into our 1 bd rm here at BWV yesterday......We are on the 5th floor and near elevators which was my request.....Yes large patio looking into lots of trees....not complaining...we were sitting outside in the afternoon until the smell overcame us and we went in....I looked down the they were painting etc on the lowest level....oh well.....it all is looking lovely...also some work being down over the BW store....and further down by the BIG RIVER GRILL....excited to be able to use the SAB pool.....soon
Do you find being near the elevators noisy?

Do you find being near the elevators noisy?
It can be. certain room locations have good and bad ramifications. we were RIGHT by the elevators at both WL and Royal Pacific (Universal) very convenient. but everyone walks past your room on their way to the elevator. and usually not quietly.. kids are excited, etc. or late at night, people are tipsy.
like a room right by the pool. convenient, nice view, but can be noisy, esp. in the afternoon with the pool parties, those "DJ's", party leadres can be quite loud.
at BWV, though, I would take the noise over the L o n g walkk down the hallway. (and I'm a light sleeper)

We are here now in room 3017, Boardwalk view. Many rooms with lower numbers on this floor are being rehabbed inside in some way. Lots of plastic, etc. and the painting scaffolding is just one room to our left, and I think they will be starting work on the exterior of the room we are in and upper floors after we leave tomorrow. There has also been scaffolding and cherry picker painting all week on the corner near the surrey bike rentals.

The main pool is closing next Monday and the slide as well. We took advantage and pool-hopped to Beach Club today, even though their slide is down until Sunday. It was nice to use the lazy river on this hot and sunny day.

We are here now in room 3017, Boardwalk view. Many rooms with lower numbers on this floor are being rehabbed inside in some way. Lots of plastic, etc. and the painting scaffolding is just one room to our left, and I think they will be starting work on the exterior of the room we are in and upper floors after we leave tomorrow. There has also been scaffolding and cherry picker painting all week on the corner near the surrey bike rentals.

The main pool is closing next Monday and the slide as well. We took advantage and pool-hopped to Beach Club today, even though their slide is down until Sunday. It was nice to use the lazy river on this hot and sunny day.

We are coming in Feb 4-9. We were bummed because we had notice that the Luna pool and slide were closed and the Stormalong Bay slide was scheduled to be closed January 30 – February 10, 2017. Did it say the Stormalong Bay Pool Slide was reopening on 2/5? That would make us very happy to have at least one slide. Especially because the weather looks so nice.

We are coming in Feb 4-9. We were bummed because we had notice that the Luna pool and slide were closed and the Stormalong Bay slide was scheduled to be closed January 30 – February 10, 2017. Did it say the Stormalong Bay Pool Slide was reopening on 2/5? That would make us very happy to have at least one slide. Especially because the weather looks so nice.

We asked today and they said Stormalong slide would open Sunday. This was from one of the lifeguards.

any one have any new news on if they are taking rooms out of inventory? or can you possibly have a room and unable to use the balcony? thanks

There were rooms definitely out of inventory this past week, boardwalk view and pool view, third floor.

I got the notice for end of February about painting etc. Also, that the pool would be closed and to hobble over to SAB.

I seem to get a notice for every trip I take so I don't pay them no mind. I just go and have a nice relaxing time - away from work!

I would absolutely NEVER change from BWV because of the possible impact of a notice or a closed pool or whatever.

Willingly, I will book another resort because that is what I choose to do, but these things usually do not even blip on my radar when I am there.

That is not to say that others haven't been impacted by construction noises.

great points! while I did not consider changing resorts on this trip.. the info about the balcony refurbishments did make me reconsider my room requests.when we can't get a boardwalk view, we like a studio. village green. (which is a pool/preferred view.. NOT a boardwalk view.
we like it becaus, most importantly, it is close to the elevators (hubby has both mobility and vision issues)

but, when we heard about the refurbishments, we thought that a pool view wouldn't be bad, for a change/ if the village green rooms would have unusable balconies.
we would hate to get a pool view of the quiet view as the long walk would be way too much for hubby,he can't see those hallways are too dark for him, and he can't walk that far. a sloser room to the elevators, and he can manage on his own and doesn't feel dependant on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!