Boarding with Conceirge

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
How does this work differently than a normal boarding?
And what is the earliest we will be able to board with it in San Diego?

Concierge is the first to board (after the B2B and before Platinum CC). Normal boarding has to wait until their boarding number is called out. Not sure about San Diego.

Check-in, wait for your boarding to open, get on the ship. Overall not all that different really.

The differences are they have a dedictated Concierge/Platinum area for check-in area. Not sure where that is in San Diego. Also typically, there will be a small seating area specific to Concierge until boarding opens. This also may be port specific. As mentioned above, the other difference is Concierge is the first to board. Once on board you will have access to a dining room for lunch, Concierge only, or the lounge to review itinerary. The stateroom will generally be available as soon as you board so to me that is the real key difference between regular boarding and concierge.

I PC as Platinum DH and I check in at Concierge and were given boarding #1 cards. We just got inline with all the other #1 people and walked on. There was no special boarding for Concierge first. I am curious to hear if they do it different in San Diego

I PC as Platinum DH and I check in at Concierge and were given boarding #1 cards. We just got inline with all the other #1 people and walked on. There was no special boarding for Concierge first. I am curious to hear if they do it different in San Diego
Concierge boards through a side door in PC (Miami too) so you don't see them. They are boarded before group 1.

We sailed concierge out of San Diego in March, there is a smaller waiting area, next to the Platinum waiting area, which is next to the 'everyone else' waiting area lol There was one other ship in port with us that day and the staff seemed overwhelmed!! We did not board as concierge until closer to 11:30, they were a tad disorganized.

At Port Canaveral the concierge waiting is behind the glass area near the outdoor patio. If you go out on the patio you can look back in at the small seating area. It has a few couches so it is not that fancy. There is a separate doorway to the boarding corridor. Once the doorway opens you go through to scan your card and get the picture and on to the ship that is empty except for the crew.

Concierge boards through a side door in PC (Miami too) so you don't see them. They are boarded before group 1.

I never noticed. I saw people standing on a platform, but never saw them boarding. Thanks for the info - I will watch closer next time.

At Port Canaveral the concierge waiting is behind the glass area near the outdoor patio. If you go out on the patio you can look back in at the small seating area. It has a few couches so it is not that fancy. There is a separate doorway to the boarding corridor. Once the doorway opens you go through to scan your card and get the picture and on to the ship that is empty except for the crew.

Thanks! May was our first cruise as Platinum. I was so excited just to check in at concierge I didn't even bother to wait for our friends to arrive at the port before boarding. I've always noticed the observation deck but never went out to look. It will be on my to do list when we check in for our Very Merry later in the year. We drive to the port so always arrive super early to try and avoid the central FL traffic nightmare so we should have plenty of time to go out and take a look.

There is a difference between checking in at that desk (which may not always be the fastest option) and being legitimately Concierge passengers. Platinum gets group 1. But Concierge boards even before that - and as has been said, in Port Canaveral that is through a door from their frosted-glass enclosed waiting area.

Thanks everyone for the education. Maybe someday maybe I'll be lucky enough to enjoy the perks.

Hopefully someone can give more information to the OP on their question. Sorry @katmigordon I didn't mean for my comment to take over you thread.

How does this work differently than a normal boarding?
And what is the earliest we will be able to board with it in San Diego?

For San Diego, the Concierge check in will be the first check in desk as you walk into the check in area. After you check in, there is a Concierge waiting area immediately to the right of the check in desk (if you are looking at the desk). This is roped off and the CMs will make sure that only concierge guests are waiting in that area. Platinum guests checking in at the same desk will be directed to the main waiting area. Around 11:30 or 11:45, the Concierge guests will be taken to the ship by way of the side door at the waiting area. They are walked outside along the ship and then back inside the terminal to have pictures taken and scan in. The Concierge hosts will be in the lobby of the ship to direct you to either the lounge or Tiana's for lunch. After Concierge has boarded, they will start regular boarding through the main entrance on the other side of the terminal.

For San Diego, the Concierge check in will be the first check in desk as you walk into the check in area. After you check in, there is a Concierge waiting area immediately to the right of the check in desk (if you are looking at the desk). This is roped off and the CMs will make sure that only concierge guests are waiting in that area. Platinum guests checking in at the same desk will be directed to the main waiting area. Around 11:30 or 11:45, the Concierge guests will be taken to the ship by way of the side door at the waiting area. They are walked outside along the ship and then back inside the terminal to have pictures taken and scan in. The Concierge hosts will be in the lobby of the ship to direct you to either the lounge or Tiana's for lunch. After Concierge has boarded, they will start regular boarding through the main entrance on the other side of the terminal.

What time does the port open so we can enter?
Will we still get announced coming on board?
I read someone saying that concierge can meet you in the concierge lunch to go over details instead of you going to the lounge?

What time does the port open so we can enter?
Will we still get announced coming on board?
I read someone saying that concierge can meet you in the concierge lunch to go over details instead of you going to the lounge?

We have arrived as early as 10 and were allowed to drop off our luggage and then go into the first waiting area. Once security opens, they will let people start lining up for security and then into the check in area. I think Security opened around 10:30.

Yes, you will still get announced when you come on board.

There will be concierge staff at both the lunch and in the lounge. The first time we sailed out of San Diego, they had the folders in Tiana's and went over stuff with us there. The second time (earlier this year), the folders were all in the lounge and we stopped by there after lunch to pick it up. But even if they don't have the folders in Tiana's, there will still be a Concierge Host there to answer any questions.

Maybe they felt it was intruding on people eating lunch so they stopped bringing the folders to the restaurant and just let people stop by and get them whenever was convenient for them.

We have arrived as early as 10 and were allowed to drop off our luggage and then go into the first waiting area. Once security opens, they will let people start lining up for security and then into the check in area. I think Security opened around 10:30.

Yes, you will still get announced when you come on board.

There will be concierge staff at both the lunch and in the lounge. The first time we sailed out of San Diego, they had the folders in Tiana's and went over stuff with us there. The second time (earlier this year), the folders were all in the lounge and we stopped by there after lunch to pick it up. But even if they don't have the folders in Tiana's, there will still be a Concierge Host there to answer any questions.

Maybe they felt it was intruding on people eating lunch so they stopped bringing the folders to the restaurant and just let people stop by and get them whenever was convenient for them.

LOL and see, for me being able to do it for lunch would be more convenient. =)
Two birds, one stone as it were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter