Boarding Groups

We are travelling in Nov.. 3 staterooms, 10 pax party... using Disney transfer from WDW... do we still need to check in at midnight?

Other than getting boarding group.. why is important to do the midnight check in pls?

Thanks!

I’ve been reading you don’t need a pat if you’re taking dcl transport. But things change constantly so continue to monitor the current info.

We have 2 cabins for July 2 and by the time I checked us in we got a 3:15 arrival time and our group is 33.
I’m thinking as soon as we step foot on the boat it’ll take off!

Not sure how it will be now that its post Covid but pre Covid they boarded the groups pretty fast....by 12:30 they were usually calling open boarding meaning anyone can board regardless of their BG #.

We have sailed a few times post Covid but we had early boarding times so I don't know if they are calling open boarding and if so at approx. what time....anyone else know?

MJ

I’ve been reading you don’t need a pat if you’re taking dcl transport. But things change constantly so continue to monitor the current info.

At present, if you are using DCL transport from the MCO Hyatt or a WDW resort, you will be automatically given an early PAT and early boarding group without choosing one. However, if you are transferring with DCL transfers from MCO (not Hyatt) then you will need to pick a PAT and could be assigned any number of boarding groups.

good luck. For me it gets worse, my next check in in august I have 3 cabins because we got the grandkids their own room. I think my daughter is going to have to get up this time and help. Unfortunately by the time I’m done, I can’t go back to sleep because I get so worked up and frustrated.
Same here. I was up until 2 am. It’s been a while since I stayed up so late.
Not a spring chicken any more!
☺️

Based on that info op they won't let you arrive to the port until the time listed as 12:30. If you wanted to go with the earlier party and arrive at the same time they normally tell you to arrive at the later time which would be 12:30. If by chance they do let you go in with the earlier time you wouldn't be able to board the ship until your boarding group is called.

We sailed out of Miami in March and again this past week. Our experiences could not have been different

The first time there was a huge crowd outside and they were very strict about PAT. We had 11:45 and they were checking as soon as we got out of the van and could not approach the entrance until time. This time, when we arrived at 12:15 for a 12:45 PAT no guests were outside , at either the testing entrance or the pre-tested entrance. No one checked our time but ushered us right in, no one in line ahead of us so right through security and into covid testing (traveling with a 4 year old so the other 6 of us opted for testing at port). We were tested immediately, had results in 5 minutes and were on the ship by our PAT.

I would not worry about a PAT that is after noon (early might be more hectic and strict) nor would I worry about a boarding number. Things seem to be so much more relaxed, and on our cruise at 12:30 they were no longer calling numbers but boarding people as they showed up.

Just checked in for our cruise and happy to see concierge doesn’t have to get a PAT. You come went you want like usual.

When I booked through DCL for three verandahs on the WISH, I was told that traveling from MCO on DCL transport without a previous flight we would not need a PAT as any arrivals on the DCL bus are allowed to enter the terminal. We are staying pre-cruise at Riviera, but could not take the transport from there because we have two vehicles that are not allowed to stay on property after we depart. The only solution was to drive to MCO and pay to park there until our return. Youngest daughter was given a PAT of 11:00 upon check-in but told not necessary to have a PAT. The other two families were given PAT times of 12:45 and 1:00. I am confused how this will play out.

When I booked through DCL for three verandahs on the WISH, I was told that traveling from MCO on DCL transport without a previous flight we would not need a PAT as any arrivals on the DCL bus are allowed to enter the terminal. We are staying pre-cruise at Riviera, but could not take the transport from there because we have two vehicles that are not allowed to stay on property after we depart. The only solution was to drive to MCO and pay to park there until our return. Youngest daughter was given a PAT of 11:00 upon check-in but told not necessary to have a PAT. The other two families were given PAT times of 12:45 and 1:00. I am confused how this will play out.
Is there a reason you've opted to drive/park at MCO instead of driving to and parking at Port Canaveral? Just curious since if I needed to pay for parking somewhere it would be logical to park at the port and not pay additional for the DCL transfers.

DCL Transfers from MCO do need to select a PAT (Port Arrival Time); transfers from the MCO Hyatt do not. That said, you will be allowed to board the bus and subsequently enter the terminal upon arrival. Your boarding group number is tied to your PAT (earlier PAT = lower boarding group), so your group will likely have different boarding groups. If you want to board together, DCL requests that you wait until the higher number is called. It is likely that "open boarding" will be called sometime between 12:30/1:00pm meaning anyone can board regardless of PAT/boarding group.

Is there a reason you've opted to drive/park at MCO instead of driving to and parking at Port Canaveral? Just curious since if I needed to pay for parking somewhere it would be logical to park at the port and not pay additional for the DCL transfers.

DCL Transfers from MCO do need to select a PAT (Port Arrival Time); transfers from the MCO Hyatt do not. That said, you will be allowed to board the bus and subsequently enter the terminal upon arrival. Your boarding group number is tied to your PAT (earlier PAT = lower boarding group), so your group will likely have different boarding groups. If you want to board together, DCL requests that you wait until the higher number is called. It is likely that "open boarding" will be called sometime between 12:30/1:00pm meaning anyone can board regardless of PAT/boarding group.
We are a party of ten in two separate vehicles and with gas usage both ways and port parking fees we just opted to all go together and not mess with the traffic.

We are a party of ten in two separate vehicles and with gas usage both ways and port parking fees we just opted to all go together and not mess with the traffic.
Understandable if you don't want to drive when unfamiliar with the area. But you won't save $$ - gas and parking at the port would likely come in less expensive than taking DCL transfers. At $39 per guest each way, that's $780 for your party. Plus the cost to park at MCO.

Understandable if you don't want to drive when unfamiliar with the area. But you won't save $$ - gas and parking at the port would likely come in less expensive than taking DCL transfers. At $39 per guest each way, that's $780 for your party. Plus the cost to park at MCO.

I agree. we save money when we are a party of 6 driving and parking at the port. Takes us about 45 minutes most trips to drive from our WDW resort to the port. A very easy drive. great Having your vehicle right there at the end of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter