Board Game Suggestions for Family/Teens

I like Settlers of Catan. Apples to Apples is always entertaining. Villainous is fun and there's 2 expansions now. Codenames has lots of different versions, including a Disney one.

RA, Princes Of Florence, Carcassone, Puerto Rico, Thurn and Taxis, Traders Of Genoa, El Grande, Small Worlds, China Town, PitchCar, Munchkin, Bohnanza, Citadels, Fistfull Of Dragonstones, Guillotine

My kids (12 and 15) are so into board games. What they like and what we as parents like to play are very different! A few of their current favorites: Root, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Queendomino, One Night Werewolf, Exploding Kittens. We also like ticket to ride and settlers of cataan. In the past, more "traditional" games we liked include Blokus and Labyrinth. My cabinet is overflowing. Happy to go look for even more ideas if you need them :)

Recently I’ve been into Unstable Unicorns (card game) and Small World (board game), but my absolute favorite is Kodama (card/board game). Code Names is a fun game for big groups (no limit to number of players since it’s 2 teams).

Yeah, you should probably narrow it down a bit. We like Sentinels of the Multiverse, but its kind of a commitment type of game. We've been playing Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, if what you want is to follow clues cooperatively. Neither of these involves a board - Sentinels is a cooperative card game (not a deck builder) - Superheroes taking down Supervillians, Sherlock Holmes involves reading clues and deciding what to follow up on - its basically book based. If you are looking for stupid fun, Zombie Dice is usually a winner. Las Vegas is a simple betting dice game. (And I haven't named one that really takes place on a board).

If your kids have picked up the D&D revival craze, Lords of Waterdeep is a board game that is set in that world.

Forbidden Island is a favorite in our house because it's cooperative - either we all win or we all lose. We also love Catan, Exploding Kittens (to the point where we have not only the physical cards but it's also on our phones to play while we're out if there's downtime) and Labyrinth.

Many good ones have already been mentioned, so I'll list some which others have not yet. Here's our "newest" faves:

Colt Express
Mysterium

And oldies but still goodies:

Arkham Horror
Tsuro
Dixit

Rummikub, Ticket to Ride, Sails and Rails, Farkle, Five Crowns are some of our favorites.

My sister had the game "The Apprentice" and my kids and their friends (all teenagers) played it the other day and they all loved it.

Mexican Train, Sequence, and like others have said, Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride. We are looking into one we don't have called Tsuro.

Mykonos is fun. TTR is also an app on the phone and iPad. You can play against the computer, strangers online, or pass-and-play. What's nice about that is the game is the same but you don't have all the pieces to sort out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!