Blue's Road Trip - Part II ~ New 5/6: It Pays To Have Connections!!

Sorry to interrupt you guys but the time has come to begin the REAL Trip Report.

As I said earlier, I'm abandoning this pre-trippie and beginning fresh!!

Here is the link the my new TR:

Blue's Road Trip

Hope to see you all there!!!

:cheer2: :yay: :cheer2:

What's going on over here?

Do you two have to cause trouble whereever you go??? :confused3

:rotfl2:

Backstage Gal: Thank you for subbing :flower3: but I'm sorry to say that now you'll have to catch up with me on the the TR boards. Just skip all the jibber jabber and follow the links on page 1.

When Blue is done with her TR-I am going to merge this pre-trippy with her regular TR. So everyone behave over here-I don't get to spend much time on this board, and we are looking for help with the pre-trip board. So if anyone wants to submit their name of modding, e-mail administration.

Marisa

GAT out of the way, Canadians coming through!!

For those of you who have followed me during my planning process – Welcome Back!
And a big welcome to any newcomers or lurkers!

1a6e7295.gif

If anyone is interested in the jibber jabber of our pre-planning you can read it here in my pre-trip report:

Although I can’t imagine why you’d want to read through 30 something pages of NOTHINGNESS and look at pictures of tires and stuff – just sayin :rolleyes1

b45a9f7a.jpg

Trip Report Links

Jibber Jabber

Introduction
Our Special Plans
Richard Petty Driving Experience
Pictures - Ranchero & Grendade Launcher
Stitch's Great Escape
We've Arrived!!! - Stitch Misbehaving Already
Back Home :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Trip Chapters

Chapter #1 (part a) Driving My Travel Agent Crazy
Chapter #1 (part b) We're Staying at a Moderate
Chapter #2 Dinner With The Grandparents

Day One

Chapter #3 On Our Way For Reals
Chapter #4 The Terminator
Chapter #5 Feeling Like Rednecks
Chapter #6 Half Way There!

Day Two

Chapter #7 Three Shopping Stops
Videos Goofing Around on The Way
Chapter #8 A Night By The Ocean

Day Three

Chapter #9 The Morning of Arrival
Chapter #10 Building #26
Chapter #11 The Resort: Do They Love It Like I Do?
Chapter #12 The Canadian Ponchos
Chapter #14 The CM Cat Fight
Chapter #15 Tree Frogs - Yes, Spiders - No

Day Four

Chapter #16 DH's Richard Petty Experience - Part A
Chapter #16 Richard Petty Experience - Part B
Chapter #16 Richard Petty Experience - Part B Continued
Chapter #17 A Carriage Ride Around POR

Day Five

Chapter #18 Mission Rope Drop
Chapter #19 Signature T-Shirts
Chapter #20 A Ride To Remember
Chapter #21 The Kiss
Chapter #22 A Little Romance Goes A Long Way
Chapter #22 Continued
Chapter #23 Drenched Canadians Without Ponchos
Chapter #24 The Hidden Mickey Pins

Day Six

Chapter #25 A Peaceful Morning at the Resort
Chapter #26 Voyage Down The Sassagoula River
Chapter #26 Continued

b45a9f7a.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Last year at this time, if you had asked me about returning to WDW for a second year in a row, I’d have laughed in your face. I would never have imagined that I’d be able to convince DH to agree on returning to Walt Disney World so soon. Yet somehow, I find myself trying to talk him into taking us next year as well. That part remains to be seen.

The important thing is, he did consent and we’ll be on our way in just a few short days!!!! The big difference being, we’re not flying this year. DH never complained about our flight last summer but I’m guessing it obviously wasn’t an experience he’d like to relive which is why we’re driving. Yes…driving. From Ontario, Canada. Twenty-four hours in the car people. :eek:

At first I thought it was the cost of the flight for the four of us that bothered him but after checking into it and learning that we could fly from Rochester, NY for almost the same cost as driving, I was still unable to convince him.

I didn’t press the issue because frankly, I was so excited he accepted my idea of returning this summer!!!! :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2:

How do you entertain two teen daughters for 24 hours in a car and prevent them from fighting? :confused3 If you have the answer to that, please share the knowledge.

We will be leaving on August 22, after DH makes a quick appearance at work (enough time to pick up his pay check in other words). I’ve made no advance reservations for hotels on the way down (or back). Who knows where we’ll end up? Probably some truckers stop full of lot lizards. :scared:

We hope to arrive in Cocoa Beach on the evening of the 23rd and stay for one night. Then on the 24th we are going to spend the day at the beach before heading to our resort at WDW where we’ll be staying for nine glorious nights! :woohoo:

I’m now going to give you a quick, shortened version of the cast (if you prefer the longer version, please refer to my PTR):

Blue: That’s me! The DIS-addicted writer of this trip report.

Grumpy: My DH. Smart, sexy, charming, brilliant, special, loving, perfect, sweet, wonderful, darling man (As you can see, I’m laying it on thick here. That’s part of my plan to butter him up for next years trip)

JoJo: DD16 – The chatterbox who you can’t help but love.

Goofy: DD13 – My hot-tempered redhead with a heart of gold.

aa1f7939.jpg

I see no point in telling you all the wonderful details about the cast because really…it’s not as if I’m going to write anything nasty or something and I don’t want to repeat too much of what has already been written previously.

Like I said, we’re leaving next week and I hope to post a few live installments during our trip this time around. :3dglasses

Stay tuned for the next installment where I will mention some of the special plans I have made for our trip. *cough* Lisa *cough*

b45a9f7a.jpg

PART II

Day Six - Continued

Chapter #27 Sci-Fi: A First For Us
Chapter #28 Why You Shouldn't Buy Fake Crocs
Chapter #29 DH Forgets the Tickets to HDD
Chapter #29 Continued

~

After cooling off in our room and freshening up for dinner we made our way to the bus depot, stopping along the way while the girls chased more lizards. They managed to catch a baby – it seemed those were the only ones they were quick enough to grab most of the time.

ce1d3413.jpg

We also saw a bunny:

8dcbb4bf.jpg

When we arrived at MGM, we stopped to watch the HSM show. It was a wee bit hot for standing around but Goofy was curiously interested in it so we waited with her.

bfae8c79.jpg

58fd0225.jpg

ecbd3203.jpg

e71a199f.jpg

0c8d58be.jpg

fd3972e2.jpg

After making our way to Sci-Fi we waited inside for our name to be called. I had no idea what to expect and when we were ushered inside the dining area, I was mildly amused with the atmosphere. The girls took a bunch of pictures before settling down in the front of the car and described the restaurant as “one of the cool ones”.

5147011a.jpg

8f8f9919.jpg

35142340.jpg

21558263.jpg

5b8441b8.jpg

4343e9e6.jpg

f496d9df.jpg

We ordered appetizers and the girls chose salads and mac&cheese for their dinner. DH & I ordered steak. As usual, after such a filling meal we were unable to eat our dessert and when the waiter offered to pack them up to go, I accepted.

ff40b9ab.jpg

29e18776.jpg

7c2d62ca.jpg

f74c5a11.jpg

Grumpy didn’t want to be bothered carrying the dessert around and said to forget it but I didn’t want to waste good food and mentioned that I’d look after them.

Goofy asked if we could see Star Tours since we missed it last year. Being our first time, we thought it was pretty neat and enjoyed the ride. When it was over, I looked in the bag to check on the desserts. Ugh. What a mess!!!! As soon as I found a garbage can I dumped the bag and said to Grumpy, “Don’t even say it.”

63ea564b.jpg

0b6f96af.jpg

6daba0d3.jpg

004f7a32.jpg

JoJo was anxious to get to the Villains store so I checked the map and led the way. Its’ one of her favourite places to shop at WDW and she was hoping to find a skull belt and a Jack Skellington shirt.

I bought myself a POTC Hoody and once Goofy saw it, she had to have one too. JoJo was in her glory! I can’t remember exactly what she purchased but I do recall her spending a lot of money in there. As usual, DH didn’t buy anything for himself but he did pick up a Jack T-shirt for JoJo and a knitted hat for Goofy.

By the time we finished shopping it was dark outside and I realized we had missed Fantasmic. I assumed we could catch the show another night and decided to call it a day.

After we got the girls settled in the room, DH and I decided to go for a drink and sit on the deck by the river outside the food court area.

A fellow Canadian from Guelph joined us for about twenty minutes and we talked about the free dining and what a deal it was. He said his wife found out about it on the internet and I figured she must be a DISer. He had no idea what I was talking about so I dropped the subject. Newbies – HA!

He told us a long story about buying a case of beer somewhere near Downtown Disney and carrying it on the bus back to the resort pleased with the price. We never saw him again during our stay.

After enjoying some quiet time with Grumpy, we went back to our room. I was disappointed to find out that I had missed a call from PrincessJasmine from the DIS. She talked to JoJo about the trip for a bit and said she’d call me back in the morning.

After everyone went to sleep, I tried to get on the internet again and was pleasantly surprised to see that the problem had been corrected. I needed a DIS fix. It had been four days already.

I checked my email, posted a quick update on the DIS and then called it a night. It didn’t take me long to fall asleep.

Up Next: Will Goofy & I finally get to try Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon?

Yipeee... yahooo.... I"m first

Sci Fi... awesome... Villains shop... I thought it was just so/so last year... not many villains to chose from

Yipeee... yahooo.... I"m first

Sci Fi... awesome... Villains shop... I thought it was just so/so last year... not many villains to chose from

Yahooty! :hug:

Good to see you again ;)

JoJo liked the shop for the "dark" clothing. I think she's outgrown that phase now :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter