Blue Lagoon Restaurant - restaurant reviews

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
The Blue Lagoon is a table service restaurant set inside Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. Suitable for romantic couples and families alike, you will think you have been whisked away to dine in the moonlight on the shores of an exotic Caribbean island!

Meals are served from lunch through to park closing and reservations are recommended.

45513190_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_190_600_x_450_.jpg

45513187_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_187_600_x_450_.jpg

45513182_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_182_600_x_450_.jpg

45513183_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_183_600_x_450_.jpg

August 2005

We were seated with a brilliant view of the water and it really felt like we were at an exotic location! DD2 and DD3 ate the pirate sausage kebab and fries followed by a Mickey ice cream. DD1 was delighted to see that they were doing a teenager menu and ordered a Black Pearl burger and fries followed by chocolate chip cake, very appropriate seeing as POC-The Black Pearl is one of her favourite films. DH and I both had Tahiti style shrimps for starters (yummy), he then had chicken curry while I had a tuna and swordfish fricassee (even yummier). We both had a roast banana in rum for our dessert, this looked revolting but tasted absolutely delicious. We all loved this restaurant for its delicious food, excellent setting, good service, and wonderful ambience.

Tahiti style prawn cocktail
45513Tahiti_style_shrimps_600_x_450_.jpg

Tuna and swordfish fricasse with coriander
45513Tuna_and_swordfish_fricassee_600_x_450_.jpg

Colonial chicken curry with coconut petals
45513Chicken_curry_600_x_450_.jpg

:Pinkbounc [SIZE=+2]Please could you post your reviews/opinions/thoughts on the Blue Lagoon,with or without photos, on this thread.[/SIZE] :Pinkbounc

We had a lovely meal at Blue Lagoon, and look forward to the next time.

Woody

We ate here in august 2006. The children had the teenagers meal which came at the same time as our starters. The had chicken fillets in breadcrumbs and then one had chocolate cake and the others had fresh fruit salad. DH had oysters and fish I think it was sea bream. I had a mixed meats platter and a prawn fish and steak main course. we had no pudding but 2 coffees and the cost was about 110 euros with a 15 % discount. We all had 2 or 3 soft drinks. It has a great atmosphere, reservations are necessary as they turned away 2 families whilst we were in the queue to be seated. Service was fairly slow but it was late.

Our party of 4 adults and one child ate there last October. All had different items from the menu and Rachel had the childs menu of tomato meatballs. Her sweet was in the fom of a milk chocolate sweet with food colouring to paint it. All meals were excellent standard, served piping hot by a very polite but obviously busy waiter. Service (including the time waiting to be seated) was first rate, and the atmosphere with people sailing past on POTC was superb. A little expensive, and all the food was very rich, but we will eat there again whenever we visit.

My favourite DLRP restaurant of all.

I have been to the blue lagoon a few times now and am starting to believe that everything seems to be very much up to the luck of the draw... :confused3 We went end of August and ate for the first time in the evening (we usually go at lunch), and to be honest the service was appalling. When we got there the table wasn't ready, but that was ok, it only took a few minutes to fix that. When we got to the table it wasn't set (I had a knife, my son a fork, the candles on the table were out...). When the waiter came after a lot of running around we ordered, and asked for cutlery and candles... The candles never came, and we eventually pinched some from another table (this may seem like a detail, but some tables are in pretty dark corners so candles are needed ;) ). The cutlery only came when we got the meal and after asking again, and again :sad2: . The meal seemed to come in very disorganised stages after that, and still a lot of running around by the waiter, breaking stuff and all... Maybe a bad day ? My conclusion was as follows: 1. The waiter has to many tables to deal with (I counted 8 and at Walt's where we ate on another evening the waiter had 3 or 4). 2. When the tables are prepared for the next guests the dirty plates are set aside on a rack that is also used for serving, so the waiter comes along wants to put stuff down on the rack and finds dirty dishes.. I think it would be better if the dishes were taken to the kitchen immediatly ! Also I think it would have helped if the girl who got our table 'ready' by just clearing it had also re-set it immediatly.
As a conclusion, and regardless of service the meal was good, but not as nice as last time I went. The food was not hot, just warm. Would I go back ? Probably, I still think it is one of the best places to eat in the park, but now my top place is Walt's, so blue lagoon moves down one.
Stephen

We ate at the Blue Lagoon on 23rd December for early dinner - we had a reservation and at this time wasn't too busy.

We asked for a table by the water which we got. We had a male server initially who took our order - we asked for DD's burger (from the teenage menu to be plain, just burger and bread) and instead of ice cream with fruit, she just wanted the ice cream. We ordered from the Buccaneer's menu at 28 euros each (without drinks) I ordered Tahitian shrimp cocktail, followed by Snapper and then Marco Polo dessert - an ice cream sundae with pina colado and chocolate. DH had cured ham starter, colonial chicken curry followed by roasted banana dessert.

Christmas2006035.jpg

Cured ham starter

We waited an age to get anything including drinks - (drinks came with our starters after 40 minutes or so, even though many servers were just standing around doing nothing) then ran into problems when DD's meal arrived (with our starters) - the burger came with grilled cheese inside toasted on the bread and salad but the biggest problem was that it was rare - so red inside I thought it would walk off the plate and DD wouldn't touch it. Our server by now had disappeared and another server had taken over - she was very good though and replaced the meal when she saw DD wasn't eating it. (She also replaced the dessert as that came with fruit on it and DD wouldn't eat again!!)

Christmas2006036.jpg

The burger - you can't see inside it here

Our starters were fine - liked the shrimp cocktail in half a coconut - so so about the snapper which came in kind of a vegetable broth - the dessert was very nice so glad I'd made a bit of room.

Dh was happy with his choices even though he struggled a bit with his dessert (too full)

The atmosphere of this place was very nice but service was slow (allow at least two hours) - the following day, Jack Sparrow was actually in the restaurant as we passed by on the Pirates of the Caribbean boat -he was stood very close to the table where we'd sat the night before.

Christmas2006043.jpg

Jack - he doesn't look real here does he - but he was.

I dined here twice, and as a previous poster noted had mixed service.

Meal #1 was poor service; server seemed to refuse to listen to my very good French (I just finished working in Paris for a month and nobody had any issues with my 10 years of school/university French, BTW - I was usually told that I was pretty much fluent with a good accent). I ordered the bulger appetizer but he seemed to insist that I was American (no) and wanted a hamburger (definitely no!) I did finally get the bulger appetizer, which was served cold, not hot as I expected. It was very salty, and I think that it was surrounded by caviar although the dish was marked as vegetarian (that doesn't mean much in France, if you read my other posts)

The warm bread and unsalted butter were great, though, and sadly I can make bread and dessert a meal at any time.

As I couldn't find an appealing veggie entree, I just ordered the chocolate molten cake and a latte. The cake took a very long time to arrive, but was well worth the wait - very hot and the best I have had of that type.

Meal #2 I returned on a very very quiet day when the restaurant was 1/2 empty and made the mistake of asking if I could just have afternoon coffee and cake. The hostess lectured me about that request, but a manager showed up and invited me in - she was very gracious and made up for the rather abrupt service I had otherwise encountered at the restaurant.

Again I had a latte and chocolate cake and again they were excellent.

Note that I would never normally just go to a full service place for afternoon coffee and cake, but I had been on POTC and saw the restaurant was empty; plus it was 4pm which is usually very quiet for table service. Plus as a German I really really need my afternoon coffee and cake! ;)

We've dined there many times over the past few years and have had nothing but awesome service and food every time. The food is always great and atmosphere is second to none. As for the price - compared to a decent restarant in any town it's comparable and even cheap.

We ate here in Dec 2006 and the atmosphere is fantastic, probably not the best place to go if your in a rush as the service was a little on the slow side, but we were more than happy to sit and soak up the caribbean ambience. We sat down near the water so our 6yr old daughter could wave at all the boats going past, she thought this was great. The food was ok I had swordfish, tiger prawn and beef with a pina colada (disgusting). If I was judging it purley on the food I probably wouldn't go back but the atmosphere is so good that we will definately go again next time we are at disneyparis.

August 2006

We were lucky enough to get a table by the beach ~ however I think you get a good view from wherever you sit in here.

45513177_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_177_600_x_450_.jpg

Bryan and I both had Tahiti style shrimp cocktail to start,

45513172_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_172_600_x_450_.jpg

he then had the Colonial chicken curry with coconut petals

45513176_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_176_600_x_450_.jpg

and I had the Conchiglie pasta with grilled zucchini and eggplant, red pesto and lemon oil.

45513175_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_175_600_x_450_.jpg

Danielle had the Black Pearl burger and fries,

45513173_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_173_600_x_450_.jpg

and Francesca had the kebab of mini Pirate sausages and fries.

45513174_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_174_600_x_450_.jpg

For dessert, Danielle had the Captain's chocolate chip cookie,

45513180_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_180_600_x_450_.jpg

Francesca had The Chef's Surprise which is the Mickey jigsaw puzzle that you can paint,

45513181_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_181_600_x_450_.jpg

and Bryan and I both had Marco Polo Ice-cream with pina colada, banana, chocolate and whipped cream.

45513178_Disneyland_Resort_Paris_August_2006_178_600_x_450_.jpg

Mmmmmm….delicious. This was a lovely meal in a beautiful, exotic setting and was just as good as last year. :cloud9:

we dined in The Blue Lagoon on March 14th, as the restaurant closed at 4pm we made an ADR for 3pm (late lunch)...the restaurant was not busy at all.
We both decided on the Ostrich steak and was advised by our waitress to have it medium cooked which I did but DH wanted his well done. We were a bit dubious to what they would be like but were pleasantly surprised as they were delish, and the sweet potato fries were gorgeous.
DD had a child meal of fish fritters and chips with the chefs surprise dessert - which was the Mickey puzzle ( I can vouch this was also delicious as I ate that too;) )
Sorry no photos as the camera battery ran out ....DOH!:sad2:
we will definately return
Elaine

We went to the Blue Lagoon with our two young daughters for DH's 40th birthday celebrations a few years ago. We had a fantastic table by the lagoon, and the birthday boy had a fantastic fishy feast.

On Saturday, April 14, my mom and I had ADRs for 8.30 pm at the Blue Lagoon.
We checked in on time, asked for a waterside table, and had to wait for about 5 minutes before we were seated. Now here is where it gets interesting.
There were lots of "nice" 2-person tables empty, but we were lead to the most far-out table possible. There was also nobody seated around there, rather strange... :confused3:

After being ignored and having waited for about 20 minutes, I was rather furious. :mad:
I was feeling very hot, I was very thirsty, and I was very hungry. We gathered our stuff and left the restaurant, but not before complaining to the hostess.
Now, apparantly, it was already the second time that evening that they seated people in a closed section. The hostess had put some number on the little paper you get, but the person that seats you had put us at the wrong table.
The hostess asked if we wanted to speak to the manager and said she would seat us at a right table, but at that point I was too mad. Also, it was already 9.15 by then, and I didn't want to get rushed through my meal, so we just left and went for dinner at the Village.

Too bad, because I really wanted to eat there again, it'll be for another time!

My daughter and I ate here on Wednesday 20th June.

IMG_0141.jpg

Sweetcorn and heart of palm salad, Spaghetti bolognese with tuna and grated cheese.

I really liked this, Katie (my daughter) thought it tasted funny. Until I pointed out it had Tuna in it. Then she liked it, the 'heart of palm' was quite nice too. Oh, the ice cream was very nice.

IMG_0140.jpg

Grilled fillet of beef with Jamaican pepper sauce and potatoes with lemon confit.

Presentation could have been better, it looks like it was just kinda dropped on the plate. The beef was cooked to perfection, slightly pink with a little blood (just how I like it). But it was very sinewy. The potatoes were like the ones you get at school.

We had an excellent table for two, dead centre by the 'beach'. Nice restaurant, good atmosphere but let down a little by the food.

I love the plate the salad is served on. Has anyone ever seen them for sale.

Made a return visit here this week. We arrived early for our early dinner reservation and of course were seated straight away ;) as 1745h is very early in Europe, but our lunch of gelato had not lasted. Hostess asked me in French 'are you German?' so we had a lovely chat while kathleena was busy taking lots of photos of the entryway. We were seated right by the water with a wonderful view, and our seater joked with us for awhile - I think that she was happy to speak German, and still joked with kathleena in English.

Our server was a little rushed - took away my plate before I was quite done, and brought out entrees right away, so I did drag out my dinner a little.

There is a new menu, and lots of choice including more veggie items. I had a veggie/fruit 'sushi' appetizer, veggie pasta, and creme brulee. Kathleena had a prawn salad, veggie pasta, and some sort of icecream sundae with chocolate crisp. Both agreed that the meal was excellent. I miss the chocolate lava cake from the menu, but the creme brulee presentation was excellent.

no photos from me - I wasn't the photographer this trip :) . Excellent meal, followed by 3 rounds of Pirates with no line!

Was this your starter and your dessert? :thumbsup2

It was at least ours!
And our main course was (like in Sandra’s picture from 04-10-2007)
Creole rice with chicken and seafood. But our main course was not served on a plate it was served in a pan and so it was much more than on Sandra’s picture. With all that delicious rice we were really stuffed afterwards.

Was this your starter and your dessert? :thumbsup2

Yes! kathleena was on photo duty during dinner :rolleyes1 . I agree a lot of starch especially as I devoured the crisp rolls and unsalted butter, but I actually decided not to take the malaria pills that night and enjoy dinner for a change! :sick:

re advance booking - we booked for a Monday at 1830hrs; by 1745hrs we were famished; the restaurant was empty as that is very early by European standards for dinner. So weekday unless it is peak season if you eat early you may not need a reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!