Blue Lagoon (dolphin swim & observer) preparation

kj2mom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

We leave next Tuesday (fingers crossed for negative Covid tests) and we have Blue Lagoon dolphin swim for the kids and the observer for the adults. I am an over planner by nature but never cruised with my children before so have no experience to fall back on. I am wondering what is needed for this excursion in terms of preparation? Do people wear their suits under their clothes when leaving the ship? Do they pack them in a bag and change after arriving at Blue Lagoon? I have heard to grab towels when leaving the ship but other than that I am lost. The fact that it is a 25ish minute ferry from the ship makes me a little worried that we might forget something that we need. Any advice you could provide to relax this crazed overplanner/preparer would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you!

They do have toilets/changing areas at Blue Lagoon, but we wear our suits under our shorts and t-shirts so that it is easy. We are usually pretty dry by the time we get on the ferry to return, but you can change out of suits before getting on the return ferry.

You will gather together at a location on the ship before disembarking with your group. They may have racks of towels available in that location and you can grab what you need. Otherwise, there will be racks of towels as you disembark the ship. You may take as many as you need. When you return to the ship, there will be a bin to return the towels just before you get back on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter