BLT newbie questions

cindy17

Mouseketeer
My husband and I along with our autistic adult son are considering staying at BLT 1BR in early Feb renting DVC points. Please sell me on this resort! We may try for theme park view but is it worth it? I know to request high floor but in every pic I see a big parking lot with MK in far distance. Also is having the transportation options at contemporary not a big deal, is it a very long walk? And what are your opinions on the pool slide? Read a couple reviews comparing it to a “broken coat zipper”! Thx so much for your input!

TPV is mostly parking in the foreground, correct. However, it gets a fireworks view at night (if fireworks have returned).

My opinion is that the BLT and Contemporary pools are fairly boring.

1. Theme Park view is not worthwhile unless it is high floor AND you plan on watching fireworks from the room. Lower floors are really an ugly view of mostly parking lot. Even high floors, it's a pretty mediocre view outside of fireworks.
2. I suspect you'll find the pool slide to be a perfectly ordinary but fun pool slide. It's one of the weaker feature pools at Disney.. but it's a pool, it's a slide. My kids can have fun on any pool slide.
3. The walk is relatively short. Not particularly scenic, but it's a nice short walk.
4. Book quickly.... like now. Availability for February is already disappearing.

I would actually recommend a lake view at BLT. It's a much better view, IMO, if you don't absolutely require the TPV for some reason.
The 1BR at BLT is awesome!!! It has 2 full bathrooms, which you might find beneficial with 3 people.
Being able to walk to and from MK is awesome. If you plan to go back to your room mid-day, you can also hop on the monorail, as it's usually a short wait at that time of the day.

We own at BLT. I'd recommend the lake view. You can see the fireworks from the breezeway or even on the ground if you want.

Please sell me on this resort!

Based on your history of resort stays book CCV or BRV instead in a 1BR. Heck you could get a 2 Bedroom at CCV/BRV for about same price as BLT Theme Park View 1BR. Another option would be connecting Studios at POLY if you want to be in the MK area (although not a for sure guarantee so possibly not a good option).

BLT is by far our least favorite resort of any in the MK area after doing room tours in person.

The primary benefit of BLT is being able to walk while Wilderness is blow away the resort for theming but you need to take a boat instead.

Have stayed at BLT a number of times. Its point cost is reasonable in comparison to the high point costs charged at other MK DVC resorts. Its location is ideal, walkable to MK, easy monorail trip to other MK resorts, and direct boat trip to Fort Wilderness for Hoop-Dee-Doo (assuming it ever returns), Restaurants, including at Contemporary, are good, with California Grill being one of the best.

As to room, the 1BRs are outstanding, very karge with 2 bathrooms. The living room does not have a balcony but, instead, almost floor to ceiling windows for fantastic views (the balcony runs across the bedroom and is accessible both from the bedroom and via a door from the living room).

As to view category and location, I personally prefer lake view rooms with a high floor request (so far always granted probably because there are so many lake view rooms). I also like the view in the opposite direction from the park, looking toward the large lake and Discovery Island. As to internal walks, there are two sets of elevators and all rooms are within fairly easy distance to an elevator

Paying the extra points for theme park view is questionable. Higher floor TP rooms, 8th floor and above, have decent views, 7 is borderline OK, but if you get 6th or 5th floor, your main view is of the parking lot and a monorail track. Higher floor is a non-guaranteed request. I have had both high floor TP view, which was fine, and lower floor, which I considered a point rip-off. Having gotten that lower floor TP room, despite a higher floor request, I no longer get TP view at BLT.

Walk to Contemporary or its bus station is fairly quick. Walk to MK is about 1/2 mile. Pool is fine with a fairly long slide.

Last edited:

Based on your history of resort stays book CCV or BRV instead in a 1BR. Heck you could get a 2 Bedroom at CCV/BRV for about same price as BLT Theme Park View 1BR. Another option would be connecting Studios at POLY if you want to be in the MK area (although not a for sure guarantee so possibly not a good option).

BLT is by far our least favorite resort of any in the MK area after doing room tours in person.

The primary benefit of BLT is being able to walk while Wilderness is blow away the resort for theming but you need to take a boat instead.
Thanks! You totally inspired me to check out wilderness lodge villas and just booked Boulder ridge. Now im excited! Just couldn’t get jazzed about BLT even though my husband really wanted TPV. Everyone’s comments were very appreciated and helped our decision!

As to view category and location, I personally prefer lake view rooms with a high floor request (so far always granted probably because there are so many lake view rooms). I also like the view in the opposite direction from the park, looking toward the large lake and Discovery Island. As to internal walks, There are two sets of elevators and all rooms are within fairly easy distance to an elevator
Another +1 for lake view with a high floor request. If you get lucky you can see both Bay Lake and the Lagoon. It's so peaceful in the early mornings.

Oops, just saw you booked BRV. Enjoy!

I really like TPV. Not just for the view of Magic Kingdom but also looking across the water at the Poly and the Grand Floridian. I have stayed Lake View and that is really peaceful too to see the forest area. If you have points available try each on different stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter