Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

Epcot Day!

Let me take you back a few days. I know Michelle is finished with our park days but I have a few things to add for each day.

Even though we tried really hard we once again didn't make rope drop but we weren't too far behind. Of course the horrible bag check area at Epcot didn't help. I really hope this has gotten better. It was the worst when we went in 2017 and again on this trip.

Moving along as Michelle stated we split from Jimmy and JP and made a bee-line for Test Track.
DSC_0369.JPG

We let Gia design the car.

DSC_0370.JPG

I thought Gia was very brave to ride in the single rider line. It helped that Michelle was in the same car as she was. This was my first time doing single rider but I would do it again.

I got a kick out of Jimmy taking JP to meet characters while we were doing Test Track. I'm really glad we got to meet up with them in line before meeting Baymax. In 2015 I waited in line for Danielle while she road Rocking Roller Coaster with Dennis. Once she joined me in line she was the only one that got to met Baymax.

DSC_0372.JPG

After Baymax we made our way to the Princess Storybook dining. We've done this meal on most of our past trips since 2007. I was really looking forward to doing this with the grand kids. Gia missed out in 2015 so this was a must. We were seated in the side room which was nice and not as crowed or noisy. Gia was excited to meet the Princesses but JP really charmed them. I also enjoy the food. Here's a picture of my fruit plate.

DSC_0386.JPG

Today was the day we dressed with Princesses in mind. It was really nice that Snow White acknowledged that I was paying tribute to her. Michelle already posted the picture of Snow White and myself. Those pants I wore did not make if much longer after breakfast. I did switch them out for some shorts.

After breakfast we headed back to Future World with some stops along the way. I insisted on showing Michelle my favorite World Showcase bathrooms in Norway. We stopped in Mexico and enjoyed some music and bought some souvenirs for Gia and JP. We had a FP for Imagination.

DSC_0447.JPG DSC_0448.JPG DSC_0449.JPG

As we were approaching the Land I heard someone ask "What's the deal with all the LSU." I just had to speak up. "It's Mardi Gras week and most of the southern part of Louisiana have the week off. Half of the state has invaded the parks. Since it's close to Mardi Gras and purple and gold are two of the colors that represent both Mardi Gras and LSU you're going to see lots of it." I think WDW has embraced the people of Louisiana during this time of the year.

After meeting up with Ashley, David & Christian we moved into the Land to ride Soarin'. As Michelle said she and Jimmy sat this one out and stayed with the little ones. I had my first up close and personal experience of the blended family. I've never spent much time with Ashley or David. We've been to functions for Gia but never really mingled. This was my first time to spend time with them without Michelle or Jimmy. It went good. We all enjoyed our ride. Now it was time to hit World Showcase.

First up was Canada.

I don't think I have ever seen this guy before.
DSC_0456.JPG

I've seen this, but it's still worth taking a picture.

DSC_0457.JPG

I'm going to have to stop here. It's time for bed and I have to work in the morning.

Last edited:
Hey, that's great! Congrats!

We were very proud of her.

Keep trying.

That gives you the perfect opportunity, don't you think?

We were just working on plans and it looks like we're going to try for another lunch there.

Ugh. It's about 4-5 feet high piled up by the driveway. My back hurts.

My back hurts for you.

Guess what I booked for DD and I? :)

I'm so glad. I hope y'all really like it. Should give you an opportunity for some good pictures too.

Of course the horrible bag check area at Epcot didn't help. I really hope this has gotten better. It was the worst when we went in 2017 and again on this trip.

Epcot is the worst for bag check of all the parks... by far. Not even close.

Moving along as Michelle stated we split from Jimmy and JP

I first read that as you "spit" on Jimmy and JP!

This was my first time doing single rider but I would do it again.

Why not? Much less wait. Same ride.

Today was the day we dressed with Princesses in mind.

Wait... isn't that every day???

It was really nice that Snow White acknowledged that I was paying tribute to her.

:goodvibes

I had my first up close and personal experience of the blended family. I've never spent much time with Ashley or David. We've been to functions for Gia but never really mingled. This was my first time to spend time with them without Michelle or Jimmy. It went good.

Glad to hear that. Were you a bit apprehensive?

I don't think I have ever seen this guy before.
dsc_0456-jpg.381146

Those are what we up here in Canada call "bears".

We were just working on plans and it looks like we're going to try for another lunch there.

French onion soup here you come!

I'm so glad. I hope y'all really like it. Should give you an opportunity for some good pictures too.

Oh! I didn't even think of photos. You're right!

Once you get behind it's very daunting to try to get caught up.
It is, isn't! Even just a week vacation puts you so behind!

Not sure if you've done this yet. If you have I hope you enjoyed it, if not please eat some chocolate covered strawberries for me.
We have not! We go in 2 weeks!!!

As we were approaching the Land I heard someone ask "What's the deal with all the LSU." I just had to speak up. "It's Mardi Gras week and most of the southern part of Louisiana have the week off. Half of the state has invaded the parks. Since it's close to Mardi Gras and purple and gold are two of the colors that represent both Mardi Gras and LSU you're going to see lots of it." I think WDW has embraced the people of Louisiana during this time of the year.
So, there is Jersey week and LSU week! ha.

I'm finally back! Not that I really went anywhere just haven't been on the boards.

I'm going to try to get caught on everyone else's reports too.

And I've missed you!! I hope you can be on a bit more now and look forward to having you post again!

It does seem to get darker faster than Louisiana. I think part of it is that you're having so much fun it just sneaks up on you.

I think that's part of it, but it is true that the closer you are to the equator the faster sunset/dark happens :)

I thought Gia was very brave to ride in the single rider line. It helped that Michelle was in the same car as she was. This was my first time doing single rider but I would do it again.

Yes, she was!!

So pretty!

I'm glad you spoke up and showed some Louisiana pride!

It took me a while to get back here and get caught up, but I'm finally back! I've really enjoyed reading about your trip.

As we went through the line, JP was being his charming little self and we ordered things he could eat from and the cashier just thought he was so cute that he asked me if JP could have an applesauce. I didn’t even know these places HAD the applesauce pouches, but he GAVE it to us. I was so excited. You know, it’s the little things.

That's so cute!! I love that they pixie-dusted little JP!

He's absolutely precious.

Now this meant that Mom was the only one to use the Big Thunder Mountain fastpass. She also went on to ride Pirates and take a few pics solo. She’s brave, I don’t know if I would do that, but I know it’s a thing a lot of people enjoy! Also, Mom wanted some space to do what SHE wanted after having been my right hand man all week.

Solo park time is where it's at! And she totally deserved some time for her priorities with the help she'd been giving, just like you say! I didn't know how I'd feel about riding rides solo, or taking solo pictures, but it wasn't as weird or anxiety-provoking as I'd expect at all for the most part.

What a gorgeous family! Nice photo!

Actually, now we are also both planning Gia’s next birthday party together. It’s going to be a slumber party at my house. So it looks like Ashley is going to be having a slumber party with me. I must admit… words I’d never thought I’d say! But, that’s growth, right? And one of my resolutions each year it to grow. So there you have it.:confused3

Wow! I guess it's amazing what you can manage to do when everyone has Gia as a shared priority. That's really great that you're able to all work together and get along to make things as normal and happy as possible for her.

This is more shirts that I made. My husband is Italian, so the L&T spaghetti kiss was what we decided on for Vday in Disney!

These shirts were amazing! Love the Italian reference :)

When he was that age, I tried to always keep a backup in case I got thrown up on or pooped on or something. I can now add “or in case he needs someone to help him play at the splash pad” to that list of emergencies. #Proud2Bmom

That's fantastic! Awesome that you come prepared. And also that you're not afraid to get a little messy or do something another parent might think was silly to put your little guy first. It looks like he had a blast!

Good-lookin' crew! Gia must have loved having her big Ohana there to love on her and share the magic.

Then of course I yell, “NOW A SILLY ONE!” ...because that’s what Moms do.

:lovestruc Michelle, I gotta' say, I've just loved watching you fall so gracefully into this mom role as I've followed your family's trip reports over the last couple of years. I know you were already doing these things with Gia, and now that you've got JP too, it's really evident how well you do the mom thing. You're a cool chill mom, but also responsible and realistic. Love it!

This time, someone actually came up and tried to politely (and passive aggressively) get us to stop. The lady was like, “umm are you sure you want to let him play in that? That’s sure some dirty water!” My FIL was like, “well, he’s happy.”

Wmo_MEn5T4Pnv2VLngUFdB8cwLA56eSMTVD63Y1m1jYs_bjSBRfXJuzuRorAqw01yj_QB_TSLpRcWx3oiae7KIchwoJv5Ti1mLxDjgzlxEhL-EzJA240Xi2uPSEHeUZH4F7r2dg3

Wow! Nobody asked you, Karen!! :rotfl: I mean you probably shouldn't fill up his bottles from this fountain or anything, but I'm sure he was just fine playing here. Some people need to chill out a little.

So he is crawling (very fast I might add) and just rolling around and making snow angels in the carpet at Crystal Palace and screeching anytime I try to pick him up. Luckily Disney is full of people that look lovingly at how cute he is instead of the “you let him out in public like that?” look. However… everyone thought he was cute. Only fueling the fire.

:goodvibes That's so cute! I'm sure it was a little stressful, but good that everyone saw how adorable he was and nobody gave you a hard time. I'm sure it felt much more chaotic to you than it looked to other people.

Reunited! That's so cool that you get to connect with her again when you go to WDW.

You look exactly the same! Post-college life has treated you well! These are sweet pictures of you two.

So Mom went and talked to a cast member and the characters headed our way. And thank God, because we all looked like this…

NlsI3CezbrCxLb40ZsPwZOIZShATt-7L1eQIh4InmNOAd7Q6ez-2510fhGYtAKh7IW7ReN51ToJH0KWu6na7WY8fdadse_G3ibV_55oiipnYEQFPTJvYsvCsB0f-bF4EGGEOYoGQ

:rotfl:

OMG your face!! :lmao:

Jimmy had joked throughout the day how I would make him wait in something like that. But I was like, no. I don’t care. It’s special, I saw it, move on. But he kept saying it. Finally I realized HE wanted to go see it up close and take cute pictures since it was Valentine’s Day. Of course he’s all “well if you’re going to make me.” Oh please.

:laughing::laughing: That's hilarious!!

I don’t know how much longer Gia stayed in the park with her mom, but they sent us a picture of Gia asleep on the bus and then a video of her getting off the bus and following the wrong family once they got to the resort. Tired kids are just as inebriated as drunk adults are. And this girl was tired!

:rotfl: How funny! She had a very big day. I'd be zonked, too.

Since she needed it for college I let her needs take priority. It paid off, she had straight As.

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to Danielle!

Epcot is the worst for bag check of all the parks... by far. Not even close.

I've got my fingers crossed they do something to improve on this before we go again. You'll have to let me know.

I first read that as you "spit" on Jimmy and JP!

:sad2:

Why not? Much less wait. Same ride.

I'm usually with a group and we try to ride together. I'm very open to single rider for now on.

Wait... isn't that every day???

Awww you're so sweet. I'm shooting for Queen now.

Glad to hear that. Were you a bit apprehensive?

I was. I hadn't had any one on one time with them before. I wasn't going to let it stop me from getting my ride one. It was also really good for Gia to see us spending time together with different groups. Ashley and I ended up being riding buddies a few time.

Those are what we up here in Canada call "bears".

Really? I didn't know that. I learn so much on trip reports.

French onion soup here you come!

YES!

Oh! I didn't even think of photos. You're right!

I found that hard to believe.

It is, isn't! Even just a week vacation puts you so behind!

Yes it does.

I'm so excited for you! I'm also jealous.

So, there is Jersey week and LSU week! ha.

There is and sometimes the intersect. I've been there for that too. Mardi Gras moves around. It gets real crowed when it hits at the same time as President's week.

And I've missed you!! I hope you can be on a bit more now and look forward to having you post again!

I've missed you too Leisa. I'm working on trying to get caught up.

I think that's part of it, but it is true that the closer you are to the equator the faster sunset/dark happens :)

That does make sense.

So pretty!

Thank you! Do you see the purple and gold. I told you Disney embraces the LSU fans.

I'm glad you spoke up and showed some Louisiana pride!

Gotta show the pride!

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to Danielle!

Thank you!

Epcot-Touring the World

Picking back up we left Canada behind the headed in to the UK. Michelle already posted all the cute pictures of JP in the fountain. He really did love playing in the water. I have a couple of shots of the area.

DSC_0463.JPG

Headed into the shops for a look around.

DSC_0464.JPG

I'm sorry I just can't get this pictures to stand up right.

I did get excited when I saw "Outlander" represented in the shop. I started reading this book series in the late 90s and of course I watch the show.

DSC_0467.JPG

We crossed the street to look at the tea shop. Jimmy really loves his tea.

DSC_0468.JPG

I really enjoyed the tea garden when we went in 2017 during Flower and Garden.

After the UK it was time to head over to France.

DSC_0469.JPG

It's so pretty here.

DSC_0470.JPG

I had to get my orange slushy.

IMG_3115.jpg

No Dole Whip today but this was a good substitute. Michelle posted the pictures of the fun we had with the frames. I'm really glad we did these. She also posted the delicious flat bread we shared in Morocco. I think about this time we met back up with Ashley, David, Gia & Christian and the little ones were napping. I headed over the the American Adventure to catch the Voices of Liberty. I really enjoy their performances. I can honestly say I have seen the exact same show twice. During the show they asked for a child volunteer. When they asked the little boy where he was from he said "Louisiana". A loud cheer went up from the crowd and the performer said "Of course, you and everyone else.". It was a good laugh for us all. At the end of the show I saw some kids bring the performers some Mardi Gras beads. I'm really glad I took the time to catch their show.

I made it back to the group in time to be the photographer for Michelle and Gia's pick a pearl. She posted some of the better photos but I really like this one. JP looks like he's a part of the fun.

DSC_0481.JPG

The very first time I took Michelle to Disney was in 1999. I had read up on doing the pick a pearl and i was so excited to try it. Back then it cost less than $12. When we got to the counter Michelle was so excited and wanted to do it so bad I stepped back and let her do it. It was one of our favorite memories. I'm so happy she still does this on each trip.

We all headed to America and had the delicious pork snack. I'm pretty sure someone got a funnel cake too.

DSC_0472.JPG

We had a really nice little break before moving along.

Up next more World Touring.

I've missed you too Leisa. I'm working on trying to get caught up.

:hug:

Thank you! Do you see the purple and gold. I told you Disney embraces the LSU fans.

I did, I did!!!

I really enjoyed the tea garden when we went in 2017 during Flower and Garden.

This is on my short list for F&G in May; that and the butterfly garden!

I headed over the the American Adventure to catch the Voices of Liberty.

I never want to miss them!

Awww, so sweet!

Awww you're so sweet. I'm shooting for Queen now.

:laughing: Good for you!

I was. I hadn't had any one on one time with them before. I wasn't going to let it stop me from getting my ride one. It was also really good for Gia to see us spending time together with different groups. Ashley and I ended up being riding buddies a few time.

Glad that worked out for you guys. :)

Really? I didn't know that. I learn so much on trip reports.

Oh, yesh. Come to me with your questions about us foreigners.

I found that hard to believe.

Would you believe...

Actually, I really didn't think of it. I was thinking more of dessert and not fighting for a spot!

we left Canada behind the headed in to the UK.

I wouldn't mind doing that. Usually when I leave Canada, I head to the US. Might be nice to go across the pond for a change.

:rolleyes:

Never noticed the flags up there before. Huh!

I'm sorry I just can't get this pictures to stand up right.

Did you try scolding it?

I did get excited when I saw "Outlander" represented in the shop. I started reading this book series in the late 90s and of course I watch the show.

:)
My mom and sister watch/read that too.

It's so pretty here.

:) I think you can say that about almost all of WS.

I had to get my orange slushy.

:thumbsup2

I headed over the the American Adventure to catch the Voices of Liberty. I really enjoy their performances.

They're really quite good, aren't they? :goodvibes

When they asked the little boy where he was from he said "Louisiana". A loud cheer went up from the crowd and the performer said "Of course, you and everyone else."

:laughing:

pick a pearl. She posted some of the better photos but I really like this one. JP looks like he's a part of the fun.

::yes:: Great shot!

The very first time I took Michelle to Disney was in 1999. I had read up on doing the pick a pearl and i was so excited to try it. Back then it cost less than $12. When we got to the counter Michelle was so excited and wanted to do it so bad I stepped back and let her do it. It was one of our favorite memories. I'm so happy she still does this on each trip.

awwwwww...

We all headed to America and had the delicious pork snack.

What is this?

So cute!!! He does look so excitied! And cute. And you can totally tell the CMs are totally eating him up!
They were. And that made it easier on me. So glad Disney is surrounded by people that get it and aren't critical of the crazy.

I love Gia showing her little brother Pooh! Melts my heart.
She's at her mom's this week and she face-timed me last night and was just showing me this funny thing her other brother does. I mean she really loves those boys, both of them.

I love it. That carriage is beautiful.

Sounds like a great day! Sad that the trip is coming to an end.
I AM SO SAD IT IS ENDING! But Mom did send me a link the other day and they brought the carriage back out for valentine's day this year!

Lots of good things happening that evening... and some odd ones too. Seems like far too long to wait for characters at ANY meal, but on the bright side everyone was having a pretty good time. I love the photos of character snuggling going on. :)

Sweet photos of the lanterns and carriage. :love: You are so incredibly photogenic!

I'll watch for Kaitlyn on my next couple of trips. :sail:
You are too kind! Mom and I were talking yesterday and yeah the wait to see the characters was long and it was nuts, but that was such an epic experience that at this point, i wouldn't have it any other way!

I'm finally back!
:cheer2::banana::wave:

Guess what I booked for DD and I? :)
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! It's worth it, really. Just feeling like VIP is awesome. And you can SIT for the fireworks, take good pictures, etc. Many perks!

Even though we tried really hard we once again didn't make rope drop but we weren't too far behind.
Rope drop? Don't even know what that is anymore.

I got a kick out of Jimmy taking JP to meet characters while we were doing Test Track.
He surprises me in funny ways like that.

I insisted on showing Michelle my favorite World Showcase bathrooms in Norway.
And they were super cool!

We had a FP for Imagination.
note to self: not worth a fastpass. Also note to self: I won't be with yall in Epcot next trip, so this was pointless.

JEALOUSSSSSSSS. Gia is going back to dance first week in March. Her mom is going and leaving the baby at home. I wasn't going to push it and go since we are planning a big family trip in December.

It took me a while to get back here and get caught up, but I'm finally back! I've really enjoyed reading about your trip.
:thanks: I enjoy writing about it. The fact that anyone reads it is just flattering.

Solo park time is where it's at! And she totally deserved some time for her priorities with the help she'd been giving, just like you say! I didn't know how I'd feel about riding rides solo, or taking solo pictures, but it wasn't as weird or anxiety-provoking as I'd expect at all for the most part.
I'm such a social person that I've never considered solo time! Maybe that's something I should think about if work ever brings me that way for a short trip.

What a gorgeous family! Nice photo!
Thank you!

Wow! I guess it's amazing what you can manage to do when everyone has Gia as a shared priority. That's really great that you're able to all work together and get along to make things as normal and happy as possible for her.
I think the biggest change to make that happen it to stop competing and get on the same level. We all mess up, we all love her but know she's not perfect either. Once we stop criticizing each other or playing "who does she love more" or nitpicking things to create problems and just support each other, then it makes her life so much easier, happier, and more normal. This morning her mom sent me an email of her singing with some other girls in front of morning assembly. I was like "Oh! I'm so glad you were able to film it, she was so excited!" And she told me a teacher sent it to her and she didn't even know about it. And as a mom, I bet that hurt her. But to open up and be honest and vulnerable instead of trying to LOOK like a perfect parent... that's how we are able to connect and communicate. I wish more people got that, but firmly believe you have to go through the bad to get to the good.

These shirts were amazing! Love the Italian reference :)
He forgets he is only half Italian. He doesn't claim the other half. But let me tell ya, he OWNS that Italian half.

That's fantastic! Awesome that you come prepared. And also that you're not afraid to get a little messy or do something another parent might think was silly to put your little guy first. It looks like he had a blast!
Someone once told me that kids don't see our insecurities. So it's our job to be silly!

Good-lookin' crew! Gia must have loved having her big Ohana there to love on her and share the magic.
She really did. I made her a picture book of her entire trip and she keeps it in her nightstand.

:lovestruc Michelle, I gotta' say, I've just loved watching you fall so gracefully into this mom role as I've followed your family's trip reports over the last couple of years. I know you were already doing these things with Gia, and now that you've got JP too, it's really evident how well you do the mom thing. You're a cool chill mom, but also responsible and realistic. Love it!
:sad::hug: I have really awesome women around me to support me and teach me to be all things I want for my own kids.

Wow! Nobody asked you, Karen!! :rotfl: I mean you probably shouldn't fill up his bottles from this fountain or anything, but I'm sure he was just fine playing here. Some people need to chill out a little.

I'm sure it felt much more chaotic to you than it looked to other people.
You know, you are probably right!

Reunited! That's so cool that you get to connect with her again when you go to WDW.
:woohoo:

:rotfl: How funny! She had a very big day. I'd be zonked, too.
::yes::

I'm usually with a group and we try to ride together. I'm very open to single rider for now on.
PRO SINGLE RIDER! WOOOO! At least on Test Track. Most things are more fun because we're together.

You did good, Mom! Really good. And it made MY life easier, too. So thank you.

It's so pretty here.
So pretty. so small.

:hug: It's a favorite pastime. Try to get JP to do it after I leave in December.

I'm pretty sure someone got a funnel cake too.
I'm actually pretty sure we didn't. I know we kept smelling them and talking about them, but we all joked about how Gia was being too pouty to get one.

Would you believe...

Actually, I really didn't think of it. I was thinking more of dessert and not fighting for a spot!

Now you can add "good picture spot" to the list.

I wouldn't mind doing that. Usually when I leave Canada, I head to the US. Might be nice to go across the pond for a change.

:rolleyes:

Only in Epoct.

Never noticed the flags up there before. Huh!

Always look up. Disney uses every available space to show details.

Did you try scolding it?

I did have a few choice words for it.

:)
My mom and sister watch/read that too.

They have good taste. Please tell them you know another fan.

:) I think you can say that about almost all of WS.

:thumbsup2

They're really quite good, aren't they? :goodvibes

The best!

What is this?

It's pork of course. I think it's this:
Roasted Pork Roulade with Butternut Squash Purée, Marble Potatoes and Baby Carrots with a Red Wine Sauce featuring Melissa’s Produce

Rope drop? Don't even know what that is anymore.

But we're hoping to rediscover it in December, right?

PRO SINGLE RIDER! WOOOO! At least on Test Track. Most things are more fun because we're together.

DITTO

You did good, Mom! Really good. And it made MY life easier, too. So thank you.

I tried.

:hug: It's a favorite pastime. Try to get JP to do it after I leave in December.

Should I tell him he's picking a pearl for is Mama?

I'm actually pretty sure we didn't. I know we kept smelling them and talking about them, but we all joked about how Gia was being too pouty to get one.

I think I remember that now. We sure missed out on some goodness.

Now you can add "good picture spot" to the list.

::yes::

Always look up. Disney uses every available space to show details.

Very good advice. :)

I did have a few choice words for it.

They have good taste. Please tell them you know another fan.

Okay!

It's pork of course. I think it's this:
Roasted Pork Roulade with Butternut Squash Purée, Marble Potatoes and Baby Carrots with a Red Wine Sauce featuring Melissa’s Produce

Thanks!

I wonder for how long!
I believe just yesterday, today, and tomorrow around the holiday.

Fantastic trip report, love the further input by your Mum, Michelle.

Beautiful family
:thanks: Thanks for reading, and I'm rather partial to my family. We are a beautiful mess and I wouldn't have it any other way. But don't tell them that, I still wish they'd pick up after themselves and now throw fits in public... and I'm not just talking about the baby :P

I believe just yesterday, today, and tomorrow around the holiday.

:thanks: Thanks for reading, and I'm rather partial to my family. We are a beautiful mess and I wouldn't have it any other way. But don't tell them that, I still wish they'd pick up after themselves and now throw fits in public... and I'm not just talking about the baby :P

Wierd.. I was in MK yesterday and don't recall seeing it. And we ate at BOG. Will be crazy if it was right in front of me and I missed it. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!