• CIRCUIT CITY

• STAPLES

• OFFICE MAX/OFFICE DEPOT

• KOHLS/MACYS

• HOME DEPOT/LOWES/MENARDS

• ONLINE ONLY

• NOT GOING

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am so excited about black friday. I had an operation last year and didn't get to go,so this year will be twice as nice.
I am looking for the blue-ray dvd player and also some ipods and a 60" lcd tv. (My kids are older)

Scrolling through I saw this thread and I had to do a second take. Is it really time to think about that already? :eek:
I have never gone out on Black Friday. Is the money saved really worth all of the maddness? On average what kinds of discounts do you find? And how much money do you usually save?
*For me I would like a really compact but high video quality video recorder. Probably one that records on disks.
* GPS could be a fun gadget to have!
* A Wii for our son.
* Flat screen for our bedroom for my hubby.

I obviously have not even started thinking about Christmas gifts so I am sure the list will change as we get closer. Thanks for starting this thread! I am excited to try something new this year.

Scrolling through I saw this thread and I had to do a second take. Is it really time to think about that already? :eek:
I have never gone out on Black Friday. Is the money saved really worth all of the maddness? On average what kinds of discounts do you find? And how much money do you usually save?
*For me I would like a really compact but high video quality video recorder. Probably one that records on disks.
* A Wii for our son.

I obviously have not even started thinking about Christmas gifts so I am sure the list will change as we get closer. Thanks for starting this thread! I am excited to try something new this year.

Really it depends on what you want and how early you are willing to get up for it.
On toys I saved about 50% off things that I was going to buy anyway and I think that is the key! Don't just buy because it's cheap- buy it if you wanted it before at full price.
Check the fliers and I go even if I am not wowed by the fliers because there are often in store deals that they don't advertise.

ohhh you can soooo count me in!!! I love love love to shop and this day with the sales and all can justify shopping!! Lucky me I went to an outlet mall we have a few months back and have already bought for all cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. ( Children's Place was having a $3.99 sale!!!) We are looking for:
Trampoline w/ enclosure, 40-50 in Flat Screen, thin cordless phone set, anything golf related (my Dad isn't too picky!), Step2 Neat and Tidy Play House for dd, mini dvd camcorder..

I am sooooo in! I went last year and got my FIL a camera and a wireless keyboard and mouse. I got my husband some computer stuff as well. This year, I have most of Christmas shopping already done but I know there will be a few big things that I will want to try and get at a good deal. The big thing is a camera for me! So I will be on the look out for a good deal on that!

* A Wii for our son.

You don't always have to go out and fight the madness. I got a great deal on a GPS last year, alot of stores do special online sales for BF. I'm planning on getting another one for dh this year without even leaving my computer :thumbsup2

You don't always have to go out and fight the madness. I got a great deal on a GPS last year, alot of stores do special online sales for BF. I'm planning on getting another one for dh this year without even leaving my computer :thumbsup2

Yep! Some start on Thanksgiving Day/Night. I ordered our hockey table online from Sears Thanksgiving and was able to pick it up the following week in store to save shipping and got the Black Friday ad price. LOVE IT!

I added 2 things to my Christmas Black Friday list:
High thread count sheets for us.
Bike for me.

Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year! :)
We are looking for:
36" or larger LCD TV
Baby stuff (hopefully)
Small video camera

NO! Do not make me think of winter ...summer is not here yet! I just got out of school yesterday! LOL

Am I alone in saying that I get giddy just thinking about BF!! I can't freaking WAIT!!!!!!!!!:banana:

On the list:

Pink Nintendo DS for daughter
Black Nintendo DS for son
blue-ray for DH
GPS for me :)

I have GOT to get started early this year. Last year I felt like everything was crashing down on me a couple weeks before Christmas because I just could NOT find anything that jumped out at me for family gifts.

Keeping my eyes peeled this year!

Umm...Hi...

I'm Kies99...

I'm a guy.....and I love Black Friday! :lmao:

My wife and I love this day. The kids sleep over at their grandparents or cousins and we are out the door by 3am.

This year we are looking for TV, Computer and Blue-Ray player.

Umm...Hi...

I'm Kies99...

I'm a guy.....and I love Black Friday! :lmao:

My wife and I love this day. The kids sleep over at their grandparents or cousins and we are out the door by 3am.

This year we are looking for TV, Computer and Blue-Ray player.

Can you teach my dh to love this day as well? Last year I was out the door at 10pm on thanksgiving :moped: Got home around 2pm on black friday :banana:

Can you teach my dh to love this day as well? Last year I was out the door at 10pm on thanksgiving :moped: Got home around 2pm on black friday :banana:

I'm surprised more guys don't go out on this day. The thrill of the hunt and all that! :confused3

Plus if you're really lucky you get to club people to get what you want! :rotfl:

I'm really hoping to catch a few good online sales on Thursday too. We saw a few last year I think at circuit city. You had to enter a certain code...

My list? It's such a catch-22 for me...I don't know what I am shopping for until I know what's on sale!!! I just can't beat a good bargain. Okay, within reason, because it will have to be something I would actually want and use. I actually still have the virgin mobile cell phone that I bought last black Friday and what it is, almost July? I just haven't taken the time to switch it over, but I am happy I got it and it was a good bargain!

I will probably add Blue ray (???) to my list too...that would be a nice find and definitely worth getting up early for. A Wii fitness thing would be good if we don't buy one b4 then. I also keep my open for SD memory cards.

Looking forward to hearing updates!!!!!

Yay! You made my day finding this thread! Black Friday is one of my most favorite days of the year. My shopping buddy and I have already started planning out this year's "event." We leave home by 3 a.m. and return after a relaxing pedi and nice dinner! Whoo hoo!!!!! :dance3:

I have subscribed! I have no idea what I will be shopping for, but you can bet I will find something to buy!!:rotfl2: I love BF shopping!

Last year DH (my partner in crime) had the flu and I was on my own. Did some onlline shopping in the middle of the night and then went out at about 8am. Got some great buys!:yay:

I am signing in! My sister and I always go BF shopping. So far I have no clue what I will be searching for though.

wow...i can't believe i'm not the only one waiting for black friday. the website blackfridayads .com is one of my favorites. i love to get the flyers ahead of time, then after thanksgiving dinner we rip them apart and go to bed by about 7 pm. we are usually sitting outside somewhere by 2.00. i figure this is the one day a year i go hunting. so far, i know i need to find a nintendo ds. my sister loves to go and get the movies that are always cheap at best buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter