Bl 7.1 purple team!!!!!

Hi everyone! My cow this week will be bad, I have the flu - there is apparently a variant of the B strain that we were immunized against and it got me and it's pretty bad, but fortunately no puking. :thumbsup2

I am 44, married for almost 18 years, and have one child, dd who just turned 11. I live in Noblesville and just went back to work this year as a teacher's aide and am not lovin' it. However I am also doing some training for an at-home job that will give me more flexibility so things are looking up. The bad part to that is I walk SO MUCH at school right now I'll really have to make an effort to make that up.

I want to lose 70 pounds. I'm going to count my calories and in and calories out.

Vija - you're an inspiration!!

Jessie - where in KC? We lived there a few years, in North KC and then in Lee's Summit.

How is everyone this evening? I had an excellent day.... kept within my points WITHOUT being hungry (sometimes I am SO hungry), did 25 minutes of Wii Fit yoga and strength training first thing this morning and 31 minutes of alternating walking/running on the treadmill after school today. And I have a few points left for a sweet treat tonight!

I did a short BL challenge at the school where I work. I had my final weigh-in today and I lost 8 1/2 lbs. Not as much as I lost the last time we did a BL challenge, but better than nothing (it was only about 6-8 weeks). I'm not sure if I "placed" (to win cash)... probably not, but I'm still pleased with the loss. (Although honestly, that scale weighed me real heavy on my initial weigh in... I must have had a full belly and full bladder!)

I got my full number of points today for our COW. I had two 1 lt bottles of seltzer during the school day, lots of spinach on my sandwich for lunch, plus a bowl of warm mashed turnip/carrots after school (weird snack), a spinach/tomato/onion/mushroom omelet for dinner, a cup of fresh fruit salad in the morning, and another with lunch. So AT LEAST 3 veggies, 2 fruits, and at least 66 oz of water.

See you all tomorrow.........................P

Hi everyone! My cow this week will be bad, I have the flu - there is apparently a variant of the B strain that we were immunized against and it got me and it's pretty bad, but fortunately no puking. :thumbsup2

I am 44, married for almost 18 years, and have one child, dd who just turned 11. I live in Noblesville and just went back to work this year as a teacher's aide and am not lovin' it. However I am also doing some training for an at-home job that will give me more flexibility so things are looking up. The bad part to that is I walk SO MUCH at school right now I'll really have to make an effort to make that up.

I want to lose 70 pounds. I'm going to count my calories and in and calories out.

Vija - you're an inspiration!!

Jessie - where in KC? We lived there a few years, in North KC and then in Lee's Summit.

I interviewed with a school district in St. Joseph (should hear back by Friday) and I just got asked today to interview with an inner city Charter School.

I hope everyone is having a great day. We started our testing today and it has been an interesting day. I didn't really do hte COW today, I'll try to do it tomorrow.

QOTD Tuesday: I love the idea of a mascot. What should our mascot be? I admit, I'm partial to the Eeyore suggestion. :D

I never would have guessed you liked Eeyore! :) I have to toss Figment out there...

Wow, Vija, that BL challenge you're doing is really time consuming. I hope you are actually enjoying it.

So far this week, I completely missed the COW on Sunday, but did better yesterday and got the water and the veggies. The fruit is always a tough one for me, cause I usually choose veggies over fruit.

For team mascot, I'd pick Eeyore over Figment, because this weightloss will not be a figment of my imagination, it will be real ;):banana:

So here are a couple of clippie ideas. Sorry the sizes aren't exactly the same. What do you guys think?

WISH-figment.jpg

Wish-Purple-1.jpg

I vote for the Figment clippie! Love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to make both of them. They are both great...............P

I could tweak the design on the Eeyore one as well - looking at it now, I feel like it needs a little more work on the type/proportions etc.

QOTD Tuesday: I love the idea of a mascot. What should our mascot be? I admit, I'm partial to the Eeyore suggestion. :D

I'm okay with whatever we decide, and both clippies are adorable. I think that the Figment clippie wins out just a wee bit ahead of Eeyore for me. BUT I love how Eeyore is sitting on the logo! :thumbsup2 Oh, I just can't decide! Hopefully, someone else is more decisive.

I have tweaked Eeyore a bit - I think it's more effective:

Wish-Eeyore.jpg

And just for reference, Figment (same as before):

WISH-figment.jpg

Now I have no idea how we decide this. Whether it be a poll or debate or everyone just uses the one they like.....:confused3

The clippies look great. To be united we should all have the same one. We should leave the method to choose the official team clippie to Jessi our team captain.

My vote is for figment. those are really cute! I wish I was more computer literate to make those. I would have no idea how to start.

I have been so stressed out. I just found out the date for a field trip for DD, I have been bugging the teacher about going on this field trip since the welcome back to school night, and he just called with the date last night. I checked at work, and unless a miracle happens, I will not be able to get off. My DD will be heartbroken, and me too.:sad1:

Add to that the garage door spring broke this morning and DH is going to try and fix it himself...( I am scared for his safety)

Add to that the Biggest Loser competition at DH's work is completely stressing me out.

add to that, I was surprised with an $800 bill from the dentist for work that was done last year, and somehow they missed the billing of this.

add to that work has been insanely busy. We don't even have enough nurses to start the cases on Friday. I don't know what they are gonig to do. Last week I already had to extend my shift to 12 hours to help out. The writing is on the wall that it will be happening again.

I just need a vacation!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Wow, Vija, that BL challenge you're doing is really time consuming. I hope you are actually enjoying it.

I was, until these exercise classes started. It is so involved. We need to check in with the dietician weekly, the fitness trainer weekly, send in food logs, and of course the exercise tracking on paper and on the computer. It has been a little crazy. This challenge has been a life saver for me, it has really propelled me to get going and work hard. But I can already see that I am really looking forward to May 1st and knowing that I can finally "relax" about it, but I am also worried that I will slow down. Ughhhh... Too much stress!

Ok, pitty party done, thanks for listening!:goodvibes

Those look wonderful. I will start a new thread and make a poll. People will have until tomorrow to vote on the team clippie. I thnk that is the only fair way to do it.

There has been some question about the COWs. As always, the COW does not count toward anything on the team. It is simply a way to recognize individuals who are working hard. Unfortunately, sometimes despite our best efforts we don't necessarily lose a lot of weight. This gives us another method of recognition, one that is based strictly on Behavior and not weight. Donac will recognize those who have achieved the most points on the COW every week.

I realize that the COW seems kind of overwhelming. I would encourage you, if doing all the components feel like too much- choose one to work on this week. Some is better than none. If you choose not to participate in the COW, that is your choice. It will not effect your participation. The only thing that affects that is the weigh in. Clear as mud?

Okay purple team! It's time to vote on our mascot. Please go Here to vote for our new mascot. You have until Thursday!

Happy Tuesday everyone and I hope everyone is doing well.

Hello Vija --where in Wisconsin do you live? We are about an hour west of Madison. I am sorry that you have been so stressed--I hope you are able to go on your daughter's field trip and that all the other stresses in your life get worked out! Feel free to vent all you want--that is what we are here for. I hope that things will slow down at work some and that maybe you can take a vacation even if it were just a weekend get away.

I haven't been doing very well with the COW in regards to drinking my water, but have been doing fairly well with my fruits and vegetables. I have been maintaining all week, so I am hoping that I can at least lose a few ounces maybe even a pound by Friday.

Vicki

Vija - where the heck does your husband work that they came with something so involved? Accounting? Engineering? Wow!

Corrina - love the clippies! You are really talented.

Wow! The clippies look great! Thank you Corina for creating them, you are so creative! Jessi - I voted! Good luck on the job search/interview/follow-up stuff.

Happy Wednesday everyone and Vija - I hope the stress level goes down for you.

lisa

Good morning to all! How is everyone doing with the COW? I just barely got my two fruits in yesterday, but I ate 6 servings of veg (and that is probably being conservative!). Today the fruit will be even harder because the yummy fruit cup and fresh pineapple I got at Costco on Sunday are already gone ($22 worth of fruit in 3 1/2 days... YIKES!). I do have some grapes and apples in the house, plus I need to make a batch of applesauce, so I guess I'll do okay.

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill already. I was going to fit in 15 minutes of Wii Yoga, but I made a last minute decision to host Easter, so the frantic cleaning must begin TODAY! (I will try to clean aerobically!) Maybe the kids and I can take a walk again today after school if the weather stays nice.

Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY everyone!................P

Hey Purple Team. My name is Ron A.K.A SpaceMtnFan. I am glad to be apart of the Bl 7.1 purple team. I am lookin forward to slimming down this summer. I had to trow out all my summer clothes. early this year It looks like I will be going to Wal-Mart to shop for summer clothes.:):goodvibes:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter