BJ's -vs- Sam's Club

I have the Sams Club card. Like that it has the credit line right on it and that I can also use it at Walmart in a pinch.

I haven't been into a BJs in year...not since I left MA and I had let that membership lapse since the BJs near my house was so dirty. Add to that a Sams club opened on Rte. 1 (closed after a few year) that carried a lot more and was clean and bright. It was that Sams club that got me hooked and so when I moved South, I kept that membership.

We have a new BJs here in Kissimmee and I have been meaning to go and check it out just haven't yet. Tried to check out the Costco one day but it was closing (it was only a little before 6pm) so I decided that I didn't like the hours it had and just stuck with Sams.

We have both Sam's and Costco- and I must say that I hardly use my Sam's membership at all.

Costco won me over when I bought DH a computer in March of 99. He had just retired from the military, and was getting ready to start a new job in SC. The computer fried it's modem in June, and after calling Costco- we took it back. We received a cash refund, bought another computer (same brand, upgraded. Consumer Reports had graded this computer very highly- so we thought that we just had a lemon) and took it back to SC. 3 months later, IT'S modem fried. We called Costco again- and again we got a cash refund and bought ANOTHER (different brand) computer. This one has lasted about 4 1/2 years, but it's crashed twice in the past year. I think we'll be picking up another one in the not-too-distant future. At Costco- so that if anything goes wrong with it within the first 6 months, we can take it back.

Sam's policy is 30 days- no exceptions.......

We'll stick with Costco.

No BJ's here...but was a member when I still lived in NY.

Have Sam's and Costco and for a while was a member of both, but prefer Costco. The membership pays for itself in gas savings alone. They typically have gas 10 cents lower than everyone else.

Moving to Florida and will miss having the Costco 5 minutes away, but at least they have them.

Suzanne

Flower--
My local Sam's has an really good return policy...I think all of them would be the same! You can return computers up to 6 months from date of purchase, and everything else can be returned at anytime!! I think that is great!! This policy changed as of June 2003! They also do price adjustments up to 14 days from date of purchase!

We stated out with PACE (which Sam's bought yrs ago). We hated Sam's but didn't have any alternatives to it. It was worth the membership just to buy tires, and bulk paper goods. At them time a membership for someone in the military was only about $15 a yr.I don't think I ever bought anything else there. We have 2 that are about 25 miles away from our house.

Fast forward to about 2 yrs ago when BJ's offered free 1yr membership when they opened 15 miles away. Loved them and still do.

I've had plenty of people tell me they like Costco better so we looked around there a week or 2 ago. I think we will join there once the BJ's membership runs out. They did have a bit better selection/prices in things I buy often.

Melann-

The Sam's that we have here has signs everywhere in the electronics/computer department saying "NO returns on computers, software & video games (if opened) or DVDs (if opened) after 30 days".

Maybe they haven't caught on to the policy change yet.

Thanks for letting me know though- I'll be watching!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter