BJs savings for gift cards! Woo Hoo!

Is the sale still going on? I can’t look I don’t have a membership. I don’t have a store in my area and don’t want to buy a membership if the sale is not 8% right now. Can someone look please?
Yes it’s still 8% off

Good to know, thanks! I'll have to check that out.

About a month ago, the two BJ's near us didn't have the fixed amount cards ($25, $50, $100), but only the variable amount that you would specify when you check out. A couple times I asked a cashier what the discount was and of course they didn't know (I'm not even sure they were discounted at all). Before that, the fixed amount card discount had dropped to 4% from 5%. I did notice on my last in-warehouse visit that the fixed amount cards were back...still at 4% off, I believe.

A side comment on Chase Freedom Visa. Yes, Chase is giving a 5% kickback on warehouse purchases this quarter. So is Discover Card. So...if you have both the Chase Freedom Visa and a Discover Card and you belong to both Costco and BJ's, you should use your Chase Freedom at Costco and Discover at BJ's.

I decided to open a BJs account and purchased $450 in gift cards, with the $10 fee it wasn't a great discount but when I go to purchase $600 it'll be better

Are any of your BJ's packages requiring an adult signature?
My UPS tracking info doesn’t say anything about signature required. It’s on the truck for delivery today and came by ground. My two other orders are through the post office and I didn’t have to sign for the one I’ve received so far.

My UPS tracking info doesn’t say anything about signature required. It’s on the truck for delivery today and came by ground. My two other orders are through the post office and I didn’t have to sign for the one I’ve received so far.
I have 2 coming thru the post office, but the other 1 coming UPS says Adult Signature required. UPS won't let me change delivery to my nearest UPS location because the shipper says it can only be changed to the main UPS location 20 miles from me. This particular order is for the exact same amount of gift cards as one of the shipments thru the post office.

Debating if I want to spend $10 and sign up...on one hand $40 savings for $500 worth gift cards but that savings is cut down with the $10 membership fee. We don’t have a BJs in my area either
I just signed up. Even with the $10 membership I calculated it's still a 7% savings on my order, which is better than the 5% from Sam's. Figure I'll hang onto the account for the year and see what other gift card discounts pop up.

Are any of your BJ's packages requiring an adult signature?
Yes. It does. You can track the delivery on UPS by signing up for it on the UPS website( to get notifications). It shows when they are in your neighborhood. They also give you a four hour window for delivery. They tell you it needs the adult signature. Maybe the signature is required for certain dollar amounts?

I just signed up. Even with the $10 membership I calculated it's still a 7% savings on my order, which is better than the 5% from Sam's. Figure I'll hang onto the account for the year and see what other gift card discounts pop up.

Yeah I went ahead and signed up. Even with the $10 fee I come out better than with redcard. I bought $450 on one order for $414 and $600 for the second order for $551 so not a bad savings and it makes paying off our package easier to swallow.

Yes. It does. You can track the delivery on UPS by signing up for it on the UPS website( to get notifications). It shows when they are in your neighborhood. They also give you a four hour window for delivery. They tell you it needs the adult signature. Maybe the signature is required for certain dollar amounts?
I have never seen that option on the website. I will look for it. Thanks.

I have never seen that option on the website. I will look for it. Thanks.
You're welcome.When I got the confirmation, it clicked track it , then I chose , send updates( I opted for all deliveries). It's called UPS My Choice

Same thing happened to me. Of the two orders, one was still processing the next day. They both caught up to each other, label made, etc. Shipping will be same day . Note: adult signature is required for UPS delivery
My first order arrived yesterday via USPS. The second, larger order is now scheduled to arrive tomorrow via UPS. As far as I can tell, no signature is required as per the tracking info.

My first order arrived yesterday via USPS. The second, larger order is now scheduled to arrive tomorrow via UPS. As far as I can tell, no signature is required as per the tracking info.
How long did your order take to arrive?

Good to know, thanks! I'll have to check that out.

About a month ago, the two BJ's near us didn't have the fixed amount cards ($25, $50, $100), but only the variable amount that you would specify when you check out. A couple times I asked a cashier what the discount was and of course they didn't know (I'm not even sure they were discounted at all). Before that, the fixed amount card discount had dropped to 4% from 5%. I did notice on my last in-warehouse visit that the fixed amount cards were back...still at 4% off, I believe.

A side comment on Chase Freedom Visa. Yes, Chase is giving a 5% kickback on warehouse purchases this quarter. So is Discover Card. So...if you have both the Chase Freedom Visa and a Discover Card and you belong to both Costco and BJ's, you should use your Chase Freedom at Costco and Discover at BJ's.
I was told last week by a cashier that there wasn't a discount on the variable amount cards. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

I have a BJ's membership and have had one for quite some time yet I never seem to get emails from them regarding these discounts :rolleyes:. I did receive an email though earlier today from them giving me $5 coupon to use in-store only through 10/21. I plan to use that to purchase a $100 gift card which will save me 9% and will get a few more online now for the 8% discount :). Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter