Bizarre Reservation Problem

Chrisinroch

Earning my Beers
Called yesterday about my reservation and getting the AP discount without the actual card (brand new AP...no number yet). Reservation lady was a bit brusque when she was helping me but no big deal. So we get to the part about not having a AP# yet and she's just not understanding the problem, so, i politely ask if there is someone else that I could talk to. Immediately, she doesnt say anything and CLICK the line goes dead.

So, I call back and get this....the same exact person answers!!!! I say "Ida Jean, I was just talking with you and you hung up on me" CLICK the line goes dead again!!

So now I'm ticked off and also worried that she's gonna screw with my existing reservation. I call yacht club directly and they put me though to a guest services manager who politely assist me with my AP discount. Its all good.

Still, not exactly the level of service you expect from disney.

I hope you complained-whatever kind of day shes having there is no excuse for that.

Call back now, ask to speak to a supervisor immediatly. When they ask you if they can help say, "No thank you, this really needs to go to a supervisor" and tell them what happened. Tell them to work with you on your reservation. Don't ask for anything but make it clear that you did not find Ida Jean's help, helpful in the least. Have the time you called and any other information and don't be surprised if that reservation is gone.

Oh and in call centers (I used to work for one) the supervisors are just regular employees with special privilages. They can do things but only log complaints about people who are rude. Those go to their bosses.

yup, I gave the name "ida jane or ida jean" and the time of the calls to the last person from guest services who was a supervisor of some sort. But since Ida Jane/Jean never did anything to the reservation, there was no digital signature that would tie her back for sure. Still the supervisor said that she would get in contact with her manager and ensure that the was jacked up.

I will follow up with a letter cuz the whole thing was so off the chart.

I've had some rudeness too so I feel for you...it's frustrating.

We were staying at the Polynesian and went to the bar for a drink before we were seated for dinner. The bartender gives me a martini with 2 olives and I joked that this was bad luck (I used to be a bartender) there should always be an odd number of olives. Mind you, I said this in a totally joking manner.

He proceeded to tell me (loudly) that this was HIS bar and he was the GOD of alchohol at his bar (can you believe he actually said that??!!).

So I just got up and walked away. His manager saw this all happen and not only made him give me a free drink (which I left untouched on the bar) but proceeded to chew him out in front of everyone.

Didn't make me feel better but I was just like "What the..???" Sorry you had to go through this too...maybe she thinks she's the goddess of customer service or something, lol.

Yeah that is a good one. Usually the service is top notch, but one other bizarre one I had was years ago. My wife and I have just walked through the castle and for some reason (maybe taking a pic cant remember) we stop next to a cast member with a broom and bucket. I make some sort of small talk and he launches into this diatribe about Eisner and what a crappy company Disney is to work for since he took over. I make some sort of non commital comment and its like I'm his best buddy hearing his tale of woe. He goes off again this time using some salty language. Finally after a couple of minutes I was able to disengage.

My wife and I thought it was more funny/odd than upsetting. I got the impression that he wasn't the sharpest knife on the tree or the brightest bulb in the drawer.

I had to chime in here. We had been getting continuous calls from Capitol One wanting us to take a card. They would always ask for my husband, by his given name, not by the name he goes by. This went on for weeks, with me telling them we were not interested, we had a platinum card we used, etc. THEY KEPT CALLING. Well, one time, they called and I snapped and told them that he was not there, could I take a message? The chick had the nerve to say "tell him his girlfriend called". It was funny because it was the same exact person that had called not 15 minutes earlier and I had told her we weren't interested. Well, when she hung up I looked up the # for Capitol One and gave them a piece of my mind about the practices of their telephone people. By the time I got off the phone with them, after telling them my plan to report them, since we were on the no call list, they were very apologetic and never called again. Of course, we still get the mess in the mail....... :sad2:

I would send a complaint letter about my experience with "Ida Jean", and mail it Certified, Return Receipt. :rolleyes2

Here's another "bizarre" reservations prob.

I made my POFQ ressies back in early Feb. Gave them my brand new address, changing the one they had on file for years. Never got a confirmation in the mail.

No problem, I called again. They verified the addresss....a TOTALLY DIFFERENT one than either my old or my new one. Different town, different zip code....similar street name. So, we went through the process again.

Still, no confirmation.

Changed a few items in my ressie.....correcting the address over and over.

Still, they keep changing it to the same, third incorrect address!

Now, I'm waiting for my DME tags. No luck, and I'm leaving Thursday morning.

All in all I've tried six times in less than five weeks to get them to change my address...so that I could get my paperwork.

Isn't this.......just so BIZARRE!!!!???!!

LOL

PS:

Thank goodness ressie info is online now, I just printed it out and will bring along my confirmation number.

Can't wait......this will be our first WDW trip without kids!

Laura

Chrisinroch said:
Called yesterday about my reservation and getting the AP discount without the actual card (brand new AP...no number yet). Reservation lady was a bit brusque when she was helping me but no big deal. So we get to the part about not having a AP# yet and she's just not understanding the problem, so, i politely ask if there is someone else that I could talk to. Immediately, she doesnt say anything and CLICK the line goes dead.

So, I call back and get this....the same exact person answers!!!! I say "Ida Jean, I was just talking with you and you hung up on me" CLICK the line goes dead again!!

So now I'm ticked off and also worried that she's gonna screw with my existing reservation. I call yacht club directly and they put me though to a guest services manager who politely assist me with my AP discount. Its all good.

Still, not exactly the level of service you expect from disney.

The voucher had a number on it right? That should be all you needed. :confused3

Up4travel said:
Here's another "bizarre" reservations prob.

I made my POFQ ressies back in early Feb. Gave them my brand new address, changing the one they had on file for years. Never got a confirmation in the mail.

No problem, I called again. They verified the addresss....a TOTALLY DIFFERENT one than either my old or my new one. Different town, different zip code....similar street name. So, we went through the process again.

Still, no confirmation.

Changed a few items in my ressie.....correcting the address over and over.

Still, they keep changing it to the same, third incorrect address!

Now, I'm waiting for my DME tags. No luck, and I'm leaving Thursday morning.

All in all I've tried six times in less than five weeks to get them to change my address...so that I could get my paperwork.

Isn't this.......just so BIZARRE!!!!???!!

LOL

PS:

Thank goodness ressie info is online now, I just printed it out and will bring along my confirmation number.

Can't wait......this will be our first WDW trip without kids!

Laura

The same thing happened to me! Our last name is somewhat confusing, so I don't even bother saying it - just spell it. People assume I spelled it wrong and have even been told that! It took 4 times before I got my ressies right. Somehow they got it right when they charged my card, though. Hmmm..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter