Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

HI GB , the travellers are starting to return !! Winkers and I are back !!! Jordan and Blue are left to carry on alone !!!! We had a Great time together !!!

HI GB , the travellers are starting to return !! Winkers and I are back !!! Jordan and Blue are left to carry on alone !!!! We had a Great time together !!!
Awesome! It's going to be hoot reading everyone's TR. I would have loved to be with you guys. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures together.

Shame Minnie's house was so crowded and hot.

Wonderful shots of the show by the castle.

The ears become you.

You must have a gigantic size photo album of this trip.

One wonders.
Indeed.

With the end of an Epic such as this....is there a PTR in our future?
Unfortunately not. More details in the Bonus Features.

Shame Minnie's house was so crowded and hot.
Yeah, it was a bit of a bummer.

Wonderful shots of the show by the castle.

The ears become you.
Thanks!

You must have a gigantic size photo album of this trip.
Well, eventually I will. Right now I have gigantic bag.

:guilty: Closest to a pout face I can find. :guilty: Your trip report is ending. You were pretty blessed to go to the park on your last day, I don't think we would be able to and then get on a plane, at least not without a major melt down. Oh. Did I mention the melt down would be had by me?!? :laughing: We left early enough the last time it couldn't happen and I think we're leaving early enough this next time the same deal. :guilty: Well, there it is, back to pouting. :rolleyes: Oh well.
It sounds like it's starting out to be a good last day....I'll wait to see the rest tonight. :thumbsup2

Okay, so I was stuck in the train station for 4 hours yesterday, and discoverd your report - and read the whole thing!

I just wanted to say that I loved your TR and it made being stranded so much more entertaining! Can't wait to read the final instalment!

:guilty: Closest to a pout face I can find. :guilty: Your trip report is ending. You were pretty blessed to go to the park on your last day, I don't think we would be able to and then get on a plane, at least not without a major melt down. Oh. Did I mention the melt down would be had by me?!? :laughing: We left early enough the last time it couldn't happen and I think we're leaving early enough this next time the same deal. :guilty: Well, there it is, back to pouting. :rolleyes: Oh well.
It sounds like it's starting out to be a good last day....I'll wait to see the rest tonight. :thumbsup2
WE were lucky in that outbound flight did not leave until 8:30 PM so we didn’t have to be back at the resort until 5:30.

Okay, so I was stuck in the train station for 4 hours yesterday, and discovered your report - and read the whole thing!

I just wanted to say that I loved your TR and it made being stranded so much more entertaining! Can't wait to read the final installment!
Howdy and :welcome: Love the screen name. Rescuer’s Down Under was such a great film. Glad to have you aboard and that I helped you bass the time at the train station!

Episode 80 - So Long, Farewell, and Amen - Part II

Previously on Biscuits Grand Adventure, trains were ridden, houses were toured and Donalds Butt continued to entertain. Our final ride of the trip was coming to an end and as we left Its a Small World, Hailee skipped all the way up the ramp.

DSC01922.JPG

Though it was nearing time for us to depart, there was one more Disney Tradition that just HAD to be kept. Departing Its a Small World, I led us to the left and into Pinocchio Village Haus. I have ordered at least SOMETHING here on every WDW trip Ive ever been on and this was to be no exception. I sent the girls to the facilities and proceeded to order us up something to drink. Once I got the tray, my crew was still on shore leave, so I found myself a quiet table and sat for a spell. Of course the moment warranted recording so I took a few pics.

PVH2.png

Before long, the girls returned and we spent a few minutes sipping our sodas and talking about the week. We did not have long to dally, so after a few minutes we grabbed our cups and began making that final walk to the front gate. In an effort to stretch our time out as LONG as possible, I paused several times and took some photos along the way.

R1-26A.jpg

Once we reached Main Street the band was performing. We didnt have time to stop and listen, but what I heard walking by them was great.

R1-16A.jpg

There was a one final mission that needed to be completed before we exited the park. Hailee was going to be going to a birthday party when she got back. For the two years before Hailee went Kindergarten, we had a friend from church who watched her over at their house during the day. They have a daughter who is a year or so younger than Hailee and they are best friends. Hailee wanted to get her something from Walt Disney World for her birthday so we decided to see what we could come up with. After a few minutes of browsing The Emporium, we found a few things Hailee liked and finally narrowed it down to two or three items. I dont remember what we wound up getting, but I think it was art related.

With our final mission complete, it was time to head back to the Pop Century to catch the Magical Express bus. We walked slowly back down to the bus stop, sad to be leaving, but happy that we had enjoyed such a fantastic trip.

R1-32A.jpg

R1-28A.jpg

While we were waiting on the bus, the girls were entertained by several ducks which came by for a visit.

DSC01992.JPG

It seemed the wait for a bus was longer than usual, but eventually it did show up. The ride back to the Pop Century was the quietest of our trip, as we each reflected back on our week. The girls wanted to know when we were coming back. Unfortunately that was not a question I could answer with certainty.

When we arrived back at the resort, we had about forty minutes left until the Magical Express bus arrived. We took the girls to the arcade and used our free thirty minutes of play card that came with our reservation. Most of the games were too advanced for them, but they still had fun.

Once they were done, we filled our mugs one last time and headed towards the Magical Express waiting area. I took the panoramic photo of the Pop TV in episode 49 on our way out, and with a final look at the lobby, we walked out the door for the last time. I stopped by bell services to grab our carry on bags and we headed over to wait on the bus. The girls found some hula hoops and kept themselves busy while the bus was on its way.

R1-15A.jpg

R1-14A.jpg

R1-17A.jpg

In just a few short minutes, a Disney Cruise Line bus pulled in and after stowing our luggage below, it was time to head to the airport. As we chugged slowly around the loop, I watched out the window and took in one final glimpse of our home for the past eight days. The busses were running steady as folks no doubt were heading out for dinner and EMH. Soon the only remaining sights were the tops of the bowling pins and then, it was gone.

I was sad that we were leaving, but so very thankful for the week that we had enjoyed. This trip had been incredible. It had met and exceeded my lofty expectation. As we rode back the airport, I asked Tracy if the trip was any better than the honeymoon. She assured me there was no comparison. We discussed future trip plans, but Ill save those for the Bonus Features.

As the bus was bouncing along, the ramifications of my dining choices from the Crystal Palace began to assert themselves. I was growing increasingly aware of the pressure that was building up deep within. By the time we arrived at the airport and grabbed our suitcases, I knew it was going to an interesting evening.

We grabbed our bags and headed inside. Our checked luggage had already been sent over so all I had to deal with were the carry on items. Once we were inside the airport, Tracy took the girls to the facilities to change them out of their cotton candy soiled shirts. While they were gone, I started converting my park bag to a carry on. (Emptying mister fans into the water fountain, moving items around to the other bags, repacking the cameras and such.) I was in a seating area by myself and there was a family of 6-7 standing a good 25-30 feet away. They were speaking what sounded like either Russian or Croatian or some similar dialect.

As I was there repacking, a particularly large pressure pocket presented itself and I figured I should let off a little pressure to keep it from getting out of control. Having spent a lifetime perfecting this sort of thing, I was confident that I could execute a quiet and controlled burst without anyone being the wiser. It was then that I discovered fact of life number three thousand six hundred and four. When a triple helping of cabbage starts talking, it does NOT use its inside voice. I farted so hard the NOAA issued a tsunami warning for half the state of Florida. I myself was caught quite off guard by the veracity of the thing. When at last it had said its peace, I turned around expecting to see my britches in shreds and a mushroom cloud slowly rising from my tattered drawers.

It was also then that I discovered fact of life number three thousand six hundred and five. A good fart transcends language barriers. The family of foreign origin was now laughing themselves silly.

Figuring a relocation was called for, I moved to a less contaminated area to await the return of the girls. Once we were all back together we made our way upstairs and headed through security. As we joined the long lines waiting to get through, I looked at the smiling faces of those who were arriving and remembered when I happed to be on the other side of that wall. Once we were all through and re-shoed, I felt another blast coming and walked behind the girls as we made our way to the monorail. This particular volley was not quite so boisterous as the first, but Im fairly certain they didnt need to worry about pest control between security and the monorail for a good month afterwards.

Once we arrived in our terminal, we still had a good ninety minutes to kill so we made our way to the food court and grabbed some McDonalds. Because, you know, theres nothing like a Big Mac chaser to deal with gas issues. During a trip up to the drink refill counter I set of a volley of musical accompaniment before returning to the table. Of course that one followed me a bit and I was subject to some eye rolling and chastisement by the ladies.

We sat a good forty five minutes before heading to our gate. Once we arrived, I noticed that our flight was not listed on the board. I spoke with the agent to make sure we were in the right spot and he advised they were waiting on an update. Oh joy. We sat the girls up with a movie on the laptop and settled in to wait. About 30 minutes later, they made an announcement that the plane we were supposed to be boarding in about fifteen minutes had not yet departed from Baltimore.

Wow. Really? Seriously? You couldnt have updated that flight status BEFORE Magical Express drove me to the airport? There was a collective groan among those at the gate and we were promised an update soon. Fifteen minutes later, they advised that the flight had been, and I quote indefinitely delayed. What does that mean exactly? Visions of a night spent the airport began dancing in my head.

The longer we waited, the more irritated I become. All I could think of was I could have stayed longer at Disney. After another 30 minutes or so, they announced that the flight was still on the ground. I decided to drown my sorrows in Starbucks and brought Hailee with me while Tracy and Tahli waited for any new information. While I was gone, a gate changed was announced and we had to relocate to the far end of the terminal.

I wont bore you with further details, Ill just say that our flight which was supposed to leave at 8:30 actually left the runway a few minutes after midnight. On the plus side, it gave me a chance to vent before boarding the plane. In fact I found it extremely satisfying to respond with a resounding pongu after each delay announcement. Nothing like a little aroma therapy to clear the air. Or foul it up as it were.

Our three hour flight, one hour time change, plus our wait for our luggage and the airport shuttle resulted in us arriving at our car at 2:45 AM. From there it was an hour drive to my sisters house and we finally crashed at four. Not exactly the finish I had hoped for. We slept in and then took my sister and brother in law to a late lunch the next day at Cheddars before heading home. We arrived safe and sound that evening and had a joyous reunion with the Pipster.

So there you have it. An eighty part tale of twenty one days spent at The World which together span eight trips across more than three decades. When I began writing this tale over a year ago, I never imagined the friendships that it would lead to. It has been such a pleasure getting to know each of you over the past few months. Sharing our experiences here has been nearly as magical as it was living them. There are a couple of things still to be tied up which I shall address in the Bonus Features, but the TR itself has officially come to an end. Since I began this report with a slightly augmented version of the opening line from David Copperfield, it only seems appropriate to end it with a version of the closing line from the same. (Even though it's the cheesiest thing I've posted on the internet.)

My lamp burns low, and I have written far into the night; but the dear presence, without which I were nothing, bears me company.

O Tracy, O my soul, so may thy face be by me when I close my life indeed; so may I, when realities are melting from me, like the shadows which I now dismiss, still find thee near me pointing upward.

(Yes I know that is quite possibly the cheesiest thing I have ever written in my whole entire life....but that's how the novel ended so blame Dickens.)

Bonus Feature 2 - Pop Goes the Bisucit. A Pop Century Review.

Last edited:
Wow! what a great trip! I have enjoyed reading your tale and laughing:rotfl2: along with you. Thanks for letting us all share your vacation!:goodvibes

What a superb trip report. I have truly enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

Your family is just too precious and your writing style is so entertaining.

I hope you make it back to Disney soon because I look forward to the next report.:)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
So glad you could entertain the foreigners in the airport.

You know they only delayed your flight so you could "gas off" the rest of your cabbage. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry your flight was delayed but your trip was fabulous. Enjoyed the whole report.

Hope you get to go back soon.

Feeling priveleged to be part of the friendships you've made along the way. Live long and prosper, GB!

Hope you don't beam out, and never be heard from again- remember, our PTRs and TRs are always open for the posting :)

I knew you had to have at least a plan of when your next trip would be. I'm thinking it's farther than you would like but closer than the span between your honeymoon and this trip.

UGHHH about the delay home.

Does cheddar refer to Chuckie Cheese?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter