Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

She rang us up and then said “Congratulations! You are now officially a member of the Mickey Dining Club!” WOOOHOOOO! Do I get a hat or something?

No, but I hear you can get a button to "celebrate" it.

What will YOU celebrate? Cheesecake, baby!

Great update, GB.

I'm not a cheesecake girl, but that tie-dyed cheesecake does look, well, interesting!

The girls do look so excited. Big time kudos on getting them to nap. I'm sure that was much appreciated by all later in the day!

Borg on the 4 new tires, by the way. We are going away (NOT to the World) next week, and I've managed to drop about $2,000 on various and sundry things over the past two weeks. Not the best timing, I fear.....:rolleyes:

Keep the fun coming!

Now that's cool...our toilet is just the opposite. In fact, my DD is replacing our tiolet today because it blew a hole in the back of it. We definitly need a Disney tiolet!
HOLY COW! I'd hate to know what food was comsumed that resulted in a hole being blown out the back of the commode! :scared1: Sounds like a hole in the wall restaurant here in town. Their food is great, but the last time I ate there, I woke up the next morning and farted so hard it scared the dog. :sad2:

No, but I hear you can get a button to "celebrate" it.

What will YOU celebrate? Cheesecake, baby!
Now that is a dish worthy of celebration.

Great update, GB.

I'm not a cheesecake girl, but that tie-dyed cheesecake does look, well, interesting!
It was definitely scrumptious.

The girls do look so excited. Big time kudos on getting them to nap. I'm sure that was much appreciated by all later in the day!
Trust me it came in handy.

Borg on the 4 new tires, by the way. We are going away (NOT to the World) next week, and I've managed to drop about $2,000 on various and sundry things over the past two weeks. Not the best timing, I fear.....:rolleyes:
DOH! That stinketh! Gotta hate those types of things. Just makes you shake you head and go "I could have upgraded my resort with that!"

The cheesecake at Pop is worth a trip in itself! :thumbsup2
It was definitely a great introduction to Disney Dining.

:lmao: :cool1: That is TOO awesome! See, I could never have a toilet that made that claim because I would feel compelled to prove it. It would gnaw at me until I put it to the test.

That's what the 4 kids are for :) After the glow in the dark eyeball ball clog (which required a plumber to go on our ROOF to get it out of the stack....5 hours later) I have no such compulsion.

When we bought it there was one model, and it was pretty basic looking and...LOUD. Now there is a whole line, some of them very pretty. Of course our "pretty" toilet (and yes, there is such a thing) in the powder room is of the "clog if you look at it wrong" variety.

That's what the 4 kids are for :) After the glow in the dark eyeball ball clog (which required a plumber to go on our ROOF to get it out of the stack....5 hours later) I have no such compulsion.

When we bought it there was one model, and it was pretty basic looking and...LOUD. Now there is a whole line, some of them very pretty. Of course our "pretty" toilet (and yes, there is such a thing) in the powder room is of the "clog if you look at it wrong" variety.
I've made a note...never buy a pretty potty. :lmao:

You farted so hard you scared the DOG!?!?!?
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

OT: Our family dog when I was growing up had TERRIBLE farts that smelled like Chinese food. Sha-Sha knew her farts were bad, too...if we were in the Suburban, she would go to the way back to fart, then launch herself back to her spot up front with my parents. I didn't eat Chinese until she was gone for SEVERAL years.

Highjack over!

That's cool! I live about a mile from metroplex. The firworks were good, but its hard to compare when you've just come back from Disney!

I read this at work, but can't respond from there. I got to see 1 firework from a patients window, made me think of the GB and his family!! Looking forward to more updates!

What happy faces to begin a trip! That picture of your daughter at the plane window was just fantastic; you inspired me to finally play around with my (digital) camera's manual settings. I used to have an old Canon from the late sixties/ early seventies that took such great pictures.

Looking forward to more!

You farted so hard you scared the DOG!?!?!?
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:
It was def one for the record books!

OT: Our family dog when I was growing up had TERRIBLE farts that smelled like Chinese food. Sha-Sha knew her farts were bad, too...if we were in the Suburban, she would go to the way back to fart, then launch herself back to her spot up front with my parents. I didn't eat Chinese until she was gone for SEVERAL years.

Highjack over!
:lmao:

I read this at work, but can't respond from there. I got to see 1 firework from a patients window, made me think of the GB and his family!! Looking forward to more updates!
Nifty!

What happy faces to begin a trip! That picture of your daughter at the plane window was just fantastic; you inspired me to finally play around with my (digital) camera's manual settings. I used to have an old Canon from the late sixties/ early seventies that took such great pictures.

Looking forward to more!
Hey WGM! Glad you liked the pics. Def try some new settings. You might be surprised by what you get!

Well everyone, some sad news. I will not be able to honor my newly instated policy of 3 TR's per week. Work is insane right now and my SIL Tammy and her family are here to visit so I have essentially zero spare time. (You'll be happy to note that I am also requiring photo ID before any good morning pats are issued.)

I hope to post tomorrow and then again Friday. Wish me luck!

Lol @ asking for ID in the morning, too funny! Good luck for things slowing down at work!!

Okay, good luck!! I know all too well, how real life can catch up with us. Afterall, it's real life that really counts, so enjoy family! and do well in your job.;)

Biscuit- I love your trip report. Great photos and great writing.

I stayed at the ASMovies and the toilets were the same loud and "dining plan" efficient. I have had the pleasure of using a more "efficient" toilet in Poland. I don't know if the pressure there is weird or what, but it would suck paint chips off the wall. They could have easily torn off a limb.

Anyway, looking forward to the next update.:thumbsup2

Lol @ asking for ID in the morning, too funny! Good luck for things slowing down at work!!
A fellow's gotta cover all his bases!

Okay, good luck!! I know all too well, how real life can catch up with us. Afterall, it's real life that really counts, so enjoy family! and do well in your job.;)
Thanks! It's slowing down a bit now. It was a crazy morning, but all is well in the world now.

Biscuit- I love your trip report. Great photos and great writing.
Thanks and :welcome:

I stayed at the ASMovies and the toilets were the same loud and "dining plan" efficient. I have had the pleasure of using a more "efficient" toilet in Poland. I don't know if the pressure there is weird or what, but it would suck paint chips off the wall. They could have easily torn off a limb.
I'm telling you, those were one of the highlights of my trip! :rotfl2:

Episode 51 – Painters, Pools, Pennies, & Panoramics

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure, Dining protocols were established, Tie-Dyed Cheesecake was discovered, and a massive sundae was consumed. Before I progress any further, I must comment on a photographic tragedy. As I was leaving our table to get Tracy’s dessert, the leg of my chair snagged the camera strap on the Nikon and drug it to the ground. The 28-80 lens popped off and went flying. One of the three mounting posts on the back was already gone, and this fall took out a second. (Stinking cheap plastic mounts…but I’m not bitter…I’m moving on.)

ANYWAY, I can still use the lens, but I have to use one hand to hold it tight to the body, otherwise it tends to work its way loose and fall off. SO long story short, this was about the only time the entire trip I used this lens. The rest of the photos I took with this camera were with the 70-300 telezoom. For all of our other pictures, I mostly used our Sony Cybershot digital point & shoot.

Picking up where we last left off, the girls had all just fallen asleep for a nap and there was NO WAY on this celestial ball that I was going to sleep anytime soon. Who cares if I only had 3 hours sleep the night before? This is Disney for crying out loud! I left my cameras in reach when nap time started, and once I was sure everyone was asleep, I slipped out the door to do some exploring.

I knew Nana would not be napping so I sent her a text message and advised her of my quest. I didn’t really have a goal in mind, I just wanted to explore the resort a little bit and take a few photos.

The painters were out in abundance and were doing touchups over in the fifties sections.

“Yo Vinny, you ever paint a bowling pin?” “No man, you?” “Nope.” “Look here youse guys, here's what we gonna do. I'll go up on the lift and you two's stand underneath and stare at me for a while.” “Okay!” “You got it boss.”

Our next stop was the bowling pin pool.

We meandered around a bit, Nana satisfied her curiosity concerning the rack of bowling balls (all real she reported), and we headed back to the main building for some much needed AC. I told Nana to grab some bench, and I shot the lobby and the panoramic pics from our Checking-In episode.

Finally, we roamed around Everything POP and checked out a few of the items up for bid.

I found these to be charming.

I soon discovered the pressed penny machine and began happily defacing American currency. (I figure if you’re going to ruin a coin, you may as well get something in exchange. As opposed to say lobbing it into “It’s a Small World” where the current erodes the features until Disney eventually collects it all and sells it as scrap metal. Which is not to say that the girls didn’t add a penny or two said scrap metal collection; just that I PREFER to get something in return.) I’m digressing aren’t I.

After browsing the gift shop for a while, we refilled our mugs and prepared to head out in the heat once more. For some odd reason, I found it necessary that we locate the playground. We found it empty and given the heat, I imagine it usually stays that way in the summertime. Within moments we missed the AC decided to wrap up our tour. We headed back towards our room and took in a few more sights along the way.

I figured with 8 days, I’d have plenty of time to venture over for a gander at the computer pool. We had managed to kill quite a bit of time and headed back to Nana & Papa’s room. I waited a few more minutes before going to wake the girls to ensure they got a full 2 hour nap in.

We were happy to discover that Nana & Papa’s luggage had arrived while we were out touring. I had placed a “Do Not Disturb” sign on our door so I doubted ours was delivered yet.

When I came back into the room, I woke Tahli up first, and asked if she was ready to see the castle. She responded with, and I quote, “Can I sleep on the way?” Sure princess, knock yourself out. But, within a few minutes, everyone was up and raring to go. There would be no bus sleeping for this crew!

I called down to bell services and asked that they bring our suitcases. We quickly got all the kids re-sun screened and I put the finishing touches on my “Park Pack”. Within ten minutes there was a knock at the door and a CM with a cart full of bags brought in one of our suitcases. He then wished us a magical day and was preparing for departure when I inquired as to the location of our remaining three bags. He stared at me a moment and said, oh, there was only one.

Panic began to ensue as I had visions of having to run to the laundry every night at 3 AM to wash our various and sundry unmentionables. He then looked at the tag again on the suitcase and so, “OH, I read this wrong. Sorry about that. I’ll get the rest of them when I finish dropping these bags off.” WHEW! Crisis averted. Maybe.

By this time, we were ready to hit the parks and I decided to leave my luggage fate in the hands of the Pop bell services. I rounded up the herd and headed off to catch a bus to the Magic Kingdom, confident in the hope that our remaining bags would be waiting for us when we returned.

Now one thing I had NOT done on the express tour that afternoon was recon the bus stops. However, Tyng had pointed it out to me on the map at check in and I went with my go-to attitude of “How hard can it be?” Luckily in this case, that particular policy worked out much better than it usually does, and it was actually not that hard at all. We cut through the center of the resort, turned right and there you go: a hand dandy bus stop with nice large signs telling you just where to line up.

We got to our designated bus stop and did not have long to wait and before you know it, a Magic Kingdom bus was seen pulling into the Pop. Are you excited everybody? It’s time to go see the castle!

Coming up on Episode 52 - I'm Back Baby!

Last edited:
So glad the girls got their nap and are (hopefully) recharged and ready to take on the world! I'm also glad you got to have a couple of hours to yourself just exploring and taking photos- which were really good by the way!

I so loved my re-fillable mug! I'll bet you thanked the fountain gods for it many a time, eh?

Woo hoo!! An update!! I hope that means work and real life are going well! How did the ID check go? That's too cool that your wife and sister in law still look alike! A lot of twins don't in adulthood!!
Looking forward to your girls reactions to the castle! (Oh and your nephew also!)

awsome update! Exploring is half the fun of staying somewhere. Why did you stop right as you were going into the park? Now no one will be able to sleep!

Beautiful pictures of Pop! It's such a pretty, bright place, isn't it?

And YAY, you are off to MK!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read your adventures!

Our digital point and shoot is as advanced as I'll be getting for a while. Our home AC unit burned out and we had to replace all 4 tires on Tracy's car the week we left for WDW. :scared1:

Oh man! That is awful! Sorry to hear about those little unexpected "budget busters". :sad2:

I've made a note...never buy a pretty potty. :lmao:

I've made a note...never buy a glow in the dark eyeball!!!!! :scared1: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter