Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

I remember the first time going and reading about the hydrolators in Birnbaums guide. They made them seem so cool.
And then upon riding them, i said, Is that it? Huh?:confused3
Sounds like the night ended up well for you two. yay!:banana:
The Hydrolators were definitely pure cheese. (Gouda if I'm not mistaken). The night did end up pretty well!

:rotfl: She looks very happy! :thumbsup2
You know the saying. "When momma aint happy, aint NOBODY happy!"

Does it matter? Peoplemover forever!!! :yay:
I like the way you think.

Update coming later today! (Just gotta do the screen captures from our video.)

Episode 33 - The Storm Blows On

I awoke the next morning feeling a bit sad. Although we had a fantastic time the day before, there were still multiple attractions that I had yet to partake of. (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, ALL of Epcot except for Spaceship Earth and The Living Seas, even a couple at MGM that we had not been able to squeeze in.) I knew there was NO way we were going to get it all done. This was our final day, and we only had until three to return to the motel and catch the airport shuttle.

We got up, got going and managed to get everything packed. After piling up all the luggage, I gave a last inspection and prepared to head out. There was only one problem. Either the blisters had swollen my feet or the dryer had shrunk my shoes. I could NOT get them on. After observing my grunts, moans, and cries of distress, my bride made the suggestion that I remove the laces, put the shoes on, then lace them up as tight as I could handle. Her idea worked like a charm and I was soon ready to head out.

We opened the door and were surprised to find that it was still dark. Was the clock set incorrectly, did we have some sort of weird daylight savings time kick in? What's going on? Our question was answered fairly quickly by a rumble of thunder. We put our buns in boogey, and managed to make it back to the lobby before the rain hit. I signed in our luggage, confirmed our shuttle times and waited for a bus to arrive.

We decided to go ahead and spend our final day in the Magic Kingdom for two reasons. First, there were several attractions there that we had yet to see. Second, it was the last bus stop and we hoped that by the time we arrived, the storm would have moved on. We had about a thirty minute wait for the bus and I began to get a bit restless. Finally our ride arrived and we were quickly boarded and gone. Fortunately, the rain did stop shortly after the bus was pulling away from the motel. After a rather uneventful ride, and stops at MGM and Epcot, we were dropped off near the TTC. We headed up the monorail platform and soon a train pulled in.

By the time we arrived at the station and made it into the park, the sun was shinning bright. (YEAH!). The pavement had dried and all the rain had apparently been converted to steam. (Not so YEAH!!!) We crossed under the bridge and got our first daytime glimpse of Main Street.

Yeesh! It's even uglier in the daytime!

More artsy fartsy.

Just as we arrive in town square, there was a parade in progress. We soon discovered that it was a Campaign Tour for the Main Street Mascot. (Or something to that effect anyway.) I believe Captain Hook was running against Winnie the Pooh.

We didn't stick around long enough to find out who won, but I have a pretty good idea who it was.

After a quick glimpse at Main Street, we decided to take the train the Frontierland. I'm pretty sure I had ridden the train before, I THINK with my aunt & uncle, though I don't specifically remember ever having been on it. I don't know if it was my deep appreciation for not having to walk, or my desire to take in as much as I could, but I REALLY loved this particular train ride. I'm looking forward to riding it this summer, even more so because my girls already love it. They rode a train last summer on our Disney Training Run and it wound up being one of their favorites. (More on that later.) Now every time we talk about the trip, they remind me that we HAVE to ride the train.

When we arrived in Frontierland, we soon discovered that the line for Splash was insane in the membrane. I elected to punt and we decided to add this particular attraction to the list for "Next Time." Instead we headed right to partake of Adventureland. It started to sprinkle a bit while we were walking along, but nothing too heavy. We found our way to the Pirates of The Caribbean and headed into the beloved queue caves. The wait turned out being a bit longer than I had anticipated and I was really beginning to stress out.

We eventually hit the loading area and began our adventure on the high seas. I'm sure it was as great as always, but I had a hard time enjoying it. My inner park beast was working overtime and was not happy to have spent so much time in one attraction.

Once we disembarked, I practically drug Tracy back towards Frontierland. I entertained a brief notion that Splash may have cleared out bit, but the line was still insane so we moved on. We had done Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion the night before so I kept going. Small World and Peter Pan were already done. No time to stop; we've got to keep moving. We then found ourselves in front of the Lion King puppet show thingy they had in the theater that now houses Mickeys Philharmagic. My feet were protesting my forced march with enthusiasm so we decided to go ahead and stop and see the show.

Between the queue, the pre-show and the show itself, we ate up another 45 minutes. With each moment that went by, I seemed to get more and more stressed out as I realized that our time was running short.

We came outside again and discovered another rain shower. This one was a nasty one too. We fled to the corridor of the castle and wound up staying in there for quite some time. Even though my park beast was screaming to be on an attraction, the thought of walking in wet shoes again sent my feet into spasms.

We browsed the shops and admired the murals. When the rain finally let up, Tracy was ready for lunch. Up until that time, I had been prepared to impose a fast until we hit the airport in order to maximize our ride time. Yet, I knew from the look in her eyes and the events of the previous day that this would not be a prudent recommendation. I knew we were near Pinocchio Village Haus, but neither of us were in the mood for fast food.

Suddenly my inner park beast perked up. This was a challenge. Where could I find a good meal at a reasonable price with seating available? It turns out that the answer to this question would lead to my greatest Walt Disney World memory of all time.

Coming up On Episode 34 - A perfect lunch leads to a new discovery

Last edited:

Geez, GB, your inner park beast is stressing me out. Relax!

Cant wait to hear about the great discovery. Monte Cristos at Tony's?

I'm headed out on a jetplane tomorrow with limited access, so i'll catch up when it return.

I'm guessing the Plaza...

WOW! You couldn't even get your shoes ON??!!! Ouch!

I'd have stressed way out too. Too many long lines for me, thanks, and not enough actually gettin' on. But like you said, sometimes, that's when our "most favorite moments" can sneak in. :goodvibes

Until next time,

THe way it should be!:thumbsup2

Those blisters just sound painful.

My guess is the Crystal Palacepopcorn::
Def the way it should be. That was without a doubt the worst my feet have ever hurt.

Hey, you're funny. I like this report. :)

And you're from CenTex, like me.
:welcome: Glad you found your way over and that you have enjoyed reading along.

Geez, GB, your inner park beast is stressing me out. Relax!

Cant wait to hear about the great discovery. Monte Cristos at Tony's?

I'm headed out on a jetplane tomorrow with limited access, so i'll catch up when it return.
You are close on the guess. Have a great trip!

:3dglasses

I'm guessing the Plaza...

WOW! You couldn't even get your shoes ON??!!! Ouch!

I'd have stressed way out too. Too many long lines for me, thanks, and not enough actually gettin' on. But like you said, sometimes, that's when our "most favorite moments" can sneak in. :goodvibes

Until next time,
I'm telling you, I don't even think Dr. Scholl himself could have done much for me at that point in time!

Yep, you are stressing me out too! I remember those days when the next trip was not anywhere close on the horizon, and the pressure to see it all was too intense....:sad2:

I can't wait to hear about your greatest memory!!!

Oh, and BTW, I can't STAND looking at those castle pics. :scared1: My Lord, WHAT were they thinking?!?!?!?! Let's hope everyone learned their lesson and we'll never see anything close to that again!

mkcastlecake.jpg
AAACCCKKK!!!! :scared:

After a quick glimpse at Main Street, we decided to take the train the Frontierland. I’m pretty sure I had ridden the train before, though I don’t specifically remember ever having been on it. I don’t know if it was my deep appreciation for not having to walk, or my desire to take in as much as I could, but I REALLY loved this particular train ride. I’m looking forward to riding it this summer, even more so because my girls already love it. They rode a train last summer on our “Disney Training Run” and it wound up being one of their favorites. (More on that later.) Now every time we talk about the trip, they remind me that we HAVE to ride the train.
Awww! :goodvibes We, too, love the train. When my DS was a baby, we'd ride it several times around while he napped; it holds a special place in my heart!

Where could I find a good meal at a reasonable price with seating available? It turns out that the answer to this question would lead to my greatest Walt Disney World memory of all time.
Ooo, I'm looking forward to this! popcorn::

mkcastlecake.jpg

Yeesh! It’s even uglier in the daytime!

I cannot get over how AWFUL that castle is. Ugh!Ugh!Ugh!

Suddenly my inner park beast perked up. This was a challenge. Where could I find a good meal at a reasonable price with seating available? It turns out that the answer to this question would lead to my greatest Walt Disney World memory of all time.

[B]Coming up On Episode 34 – A perfect lunch leads to a new discovery[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yippee! I like it when things finally go well for you!

Yep, you are stressing me out too! I remember those days when the next trip was not anywhere close on the horizon, and the pressure to see it all was too intense....:sad2:
Yep...I was definitely getting over-commandoed. Is that a word?

Awww! :goodvibes We, too, love the train. When my DS was a baby, we'd ride it several times around while he napped; it holds a special place in my heart!
Awesome. I have a feeling we'll be taking SEVERAL trips. I gotta say, the girls are almost as excited about the plane, buses, boats and monorail as they are about the actual parks. Transportation as an attraction. Gotta love Disney.

Oh, and BTW, I can't STAND looking at those castle pics. :scared1: My Lord, WHAT were they thinking?!?!?!?! Let's hope everyone learned their lesson and we'll never see anything close to that again!
AAACCCKKK!!!! :scared:
I cannot get over how AWFUL that castle is. Ugh!Ugh!Ugh!
Amen to that. There are just some things should be left alone! (NoFigment)

I can't wait to hear about your greatest memory!!!
Ooo, I'm looking forward to this! popcorn::
Yippee! I like it when things finally go well for you!
Coming soon!

GB - our honeymoon's were very alike in the sheer amount of rain, but I believe only honeymooners can truly appreciate it and still have an awesome time regardless of the obstacles.

Although your honeymoon at points reminds me of that show Wipeout! (sorry must be all the canny quips and analogies)

I can't wait to hear what lunch has instore for you guys. :surfweb:

GB - our honeymoon's were very alike in the sheer amount of rain, but I believe only honeymooners can truly appreciate it and still have an awesome time regardless of the obstacles.

Although your honeymoon at points reminds me of that show Wipeout! (sorry must be all the canny quips and analogies)

I can't wait to hear what lunch has instore for you guys. :surfweb:
Yeah, I was cracking up reading your TR. Your wait is soon over - off to update!

Episode 34 - A perfect lunch leads to a new discovery

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure, rain was falling, beasts were brawling and feet were crying for home. After deciding that counter service was not on the radar, I weighed our options. To date I had eaten at exactly ONE table service restaurant in six trips to The World, and as you recall, the experience had been an unmitigated disaster.

The only Magic Kingdom table service restaurants I could recall were King Stephan's Banquet Hall, The Crystal Palace and Tony's Town Square. King Stephan's was certainly the closest, yet even before the days of Disney Dining it was a hard table to score. Plus it didn't exactly fit the bill of "budget friendly."

I knew nothing about Crystal Palace, only that it was a restaurant. However, it looked expensive from the outside and I had an overwhelming fear of what they might or might not have on the menu. This left us with Tony's Town Square. I had a pretty good idea about what type of food they had. On a previous trip, (I believe trip five), I had perused the menu they had posted up outside before moving on to something cheaper. I remembered that they had Italian food and that was right up Tracy's alley. If there's one food First Lady Biscuit loves, it's some Italian.

I issued orders for Mr. Sulu to lay in a course for Main Street, and begged Mr. Scott to hold the ship together for a little while longer.

The rain was still falling in a drizzle and the sky was clad in steel grey. It was as if the Magic Kingdom herself was mourning the impending departure of the GreatBiscuits. Before us lay a sea of bright yellow ponchos interspersed with blue strollers and a montage of random umbrellas. We tightened up our own ponchos and joined our park compatriots in their massive quest to locate shelter, entertainment, merchandise and nourishment.

When we reached the end of Main Street closest to The Hub, I darted into the first gift shop on the right. (Okay, I didn't exactly dart, more like waddled with enthusiasm.) At that point in time, you could go from shop to shop inside and thus traverse the entire street without having to head in the rain. As far as I know, that is still the case, but after twelve years, I can't make any promises.

When we reached the "end of the road" as it were, we crossed over Main Street and were soon heading in the door at Tony's. Most of the seats around the podium were empty so I was optimistic that we'd be able to get in quickly. There was a TV in the waiting area playing the movie Lady and The Tramp, which I thought was interesting, but I didn't make the connection. (Sorry, I had NEVER seen the movie before that. Don't roll your eyes at me. We DID buy it a couple of years later and the name and theming of the place made a heck of a lot more sense after that.)

I gave our information to the Cast Member at the podium, and barely had time to sit down before they called us back. We were led to the left and out into the sunroom. (I didn't even know they HAD a sunroom before I walked into it.) I was excited to discover that we had been given table near the window with a prime view of Town Square.

Our server soon arrived and before you know it, the carbonated restoratives were freely flowing. We decided to split something (which we STILL do often) and I left the entrée selection up to Tracy. (Like I said, I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I'm trainable.) We wound up with some sort of cheesy appetizer and a bowl of spaghetti. I know the reviews for this place have plummeted as of late, but at the time, I absolutely LOVED it. Yet as great as the food was, it was not the thing that stands out the most to me about that meal.

I knew when we sat down that we would not be going on any other attractions. The rain, the blisters, the time constraints, they all lead to the same conclusion: we were done. I was really in a funk when we arrived. We'd lost the first two days completely and now, our final park blitz had turned into a washout.

As we munched on our appetizer, the rain picked up again. The wind really began to blow and the thunder and lightning returned. As we sat by the window and watched the rain fall, we started talking about how crazy the weather had been. Then my wife completely shocked me. She grabbed my hand and said "I'm glad it rained so we could slow down and have a chance to just sit and talk." Talk? What do you mean? We've been talking. Sort of.

Suddenly as I sat and thought about what she had just said, a dim, dull little light began to slowly glow in the deep abscesses of my brain. In all my scurrying, obsessing, blowing and going, I had completely missed the one thing that truly brings the Magic to the trip: simply experiencing the moment. I had spent so much time trying to get to the next ride, the next show, the next gift shop, the next ice cream bar that I never really stopped to enjoy the things that I had been doing.

There, in that moment, a new inner park entity came into being; my Logical Tour Guide. Now my Inner Park Beast had a balancing force that had been thus far lacking. I began to understand that a successful trip is greater than the sum of its parts. Ride counts don't mean much if your only memories are of being stressed and out of time.

As the storm brewed on outside, Tracy and I sat, talked, laughed and relaxed. We watched as folks ran for cover outside and huddled up on the walkways. I saw several people pouring over maps, no doubt trying to re-calculate their touring plans to compensate for the weather. When the meal first began, I was stressed that I wouldn't have time do anything else before we had to go. I soon realized that I wasn't out of time for attractions, indeed, I had been given extra time to spend with my bride. And that my friends is the greatest attraction of them all.

Coming up on Episode 35 - A fond farewell.

Last edited:

At that point in time, you could go from shop to shop inside and thus traverse the entire street without having to head in the rain. As far as I know, that is still the case, but after twelve years, I can’t make any promises. (You park veterans will have to chime in on that one.)

Yep, you still can, on the right side (heading away from the castle). Not sure about the other side. I haven't ventured into that side in a while!

Don’t roll your eyes at me.

BUt it's too easy not too:rolleyes:

and I left the entrée selection up to Tracy. (Like I said, I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I’m trainable.)

:thumbsup2

Ride counts don’t mean much if your only memories are of being stressed and out of time.

ITA ::yes::

Coming up on Episode 35 - A fond farewell.

popcorn::

:woohoo:
Oh man o' man i cannot wait until the new Star Trek Movie!!!
So sweet, the dinner. :hug:
This can't b the end!:scared1::sad2:

That cacaphonous sound you just heard off in the distance was the final grand piano being dropped on The Plan, following after the boulder, the anvil, the boat anchor and the 16-ton safe.

(And if that's not how you're supposed to do things on a Disney board, I apologize. Too many Roadrunner cartoons as a kid.)

Reminds me of the episode where the Voyager finally made it home- to the Alpha Quadrant. Nice ending to a great love story! :love: Only it's not done yet! :cool1:

Thanks for the smiles!

There, in that moment, a new inner park entity came into being; my Logical Tour Guide. Now my Inner Park Beast had a balancing force that had been thus far lacking. I began to understand that a successful trip is greater than the sum of its parts. Ride counts don’t mean much if your only memories are of being stressed and out of time.

:thumbsup2 You got it! That's the secret that all those guidebooks don't tell you. It's so easy to get wrapped up into The Plan, trying to cover all the many many bases, that you forget why you're really there. Congrats on crossing over into the Logical side of things!! That's the sign of a true Disney Touring Pro!;) And, of course, on this next trip, your first with the little ones, you'll find it's an invaluable perspective!

One of my favorite memories from our first trip with the boys is riding round and round on that train while my 3 year old slept in my lap. I did that loop about 10 times, while other guests came on and off commenting on "what a good idea" that was! I still think of it everytime I get on the train and my now-14 year old son rolls his eyes as I tell the story to him for the umpteenth time ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter