birthday tips.....

gavsmom

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry to ask this because I'm sure it's been discussed (I keep doing a search and I get a busy message)-but I'm wondering how you go about celebrating a birthday in the World? DS's birthday is right before we leave for vacation, so no party this year, so I would like to celebrate his special day a little late at DIsney. I was thinking our first full day will be "the day". So, I'm wondering where do I go from here? We have and ADR w/Cinderella for breakfast that morning and I've yet to make any other plans. Thanks so much for any tips you can give this newie....ALso, is this even OK-I mean doing this even though it's not actually on his "birthday"? :confused3 Thanks again

Yes it's perfectly OK to do a disney b/day that isn't on the actual b/day.

Be sure to get him a birthday button at guest relations in the parks as well all the parks will give you one if you ask. Downtown disney has them as well. The buttons are free and lots of the CM's watch for them and tell the birthday person Happy Birthday.

3 members of the Barber Shop Quartet sang Happy Birthday to my DD, the piano player at Caseys played Happy Birthday to her. We went to dinner at 1900 and Prince Charming danced with DD (let me clarify that tho) DD is 16 Prince Charming was not dancing with younger girls even 10 or 12 yrs old that night not sure if none of them had a bday that day or it's something he saves for older girls. The younger girls was sure jealous tho.

Usually most resturants (TS) that is will do a little something special for birthdays but if you want a cake you have to order it in advance and pay extra for that.

DD managed to collect birthday buttons from Downtown disney and all the parks except Animal Kingdom. She really enjoyed the extra attention she got for the day. The highlight being dancing with Prince Charming.

Tell all ADR's it is his bday! Get the buttons and wear them proud for your length of stay!

The past 2 yrs my BF has taken me to WDW for a long weekend for my bday. The best bday cake I had was at Boma (it was shaped like mickey!) and the most fun meal was at Ohana.

Have fun!

I agree with all of the posters that say do a special meal. Most WDW restaurants are really good about celebrating birthdays. 2 years ago, my (now ex) BF took me to Boma for breakfast, and they brought me out a free breakfast smoothie with an unlit candle on top. I also got a card signed by the all the CM's working at Boma that day. Very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter