Birthday bucket?

da disney fans

<font color=red>Cast Member!<br><font color=indigo
As I've mentioned a few ;) times, we're going to Disneyland's 50th birthday party to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday, which is very exciting. I just made a PS at Blue Bayou for her special lunch, and the Disney Dining agent asked if I'd like to add a birthday bucket for $20. Has anyone here bought one? What is included in the bucket, and is it actually worth $20?

:) They have a couple of different buckets. I've bought the Princess one for my DD and the Mickey Sorceror one for my DS. They come with a Birthday pin (pin trading type), small birthday cake, stickers (Sorcer), magnets (princess), stuffed animal type Sorcer Mickey keychain (Sorcer), and I can't remember what else came in the Princess, now! I think they are probably most definately not worth the $20, but the buckets are very cute and they add a nice touch to the birthday as far as decorations and treat-and the kids loved them! We throw away $20 easy at the parks, so for us, it was worth adding to the birthdays-and great for pictures! I think, for a 50th birthday, it would depend on how much the person is into Disney. The Sorcer one would probably be more appropriate. They also sell miniture birthday Mickeys at the birthday parties at the Plaza Inn. You wouldn't have to book a party to get one. They have a cart that you pay at in front of the plaza inn where they sell the buckets and patty-cake Mickey, but you can buy the buckets at different restaurants and at the hotels. I've only seen the Mickey at the birthday party cart. :)

My Dad will be celebrating his 56th birthday when we are there. We are having his birthday party @ Goofy's Kitchen. Do they do anything special there? Do they have birthday buckets there?
Thanks,
Tracie

We've done a birthday at Goofy's Kitchen. You can order a cafe ahead of time to be delivered to your table. When they bring it, the characters come and sing to you. Very fun! :banana:

We did the Buzz Lightyear and Winnie the Pooh buckets, our trip in August. Technically, The bucket isn't worth $20(not much stuff and noone in my family liked the cakes.) But, the smiles on my DS's face and the pictures of them with their buckets, THAT was worth it. Not sure for an adult it would be worth it. I would probably buy some really neat souvenir instead.

I agree it isn't worth $20 but for my adult daughter it was priceless. It was fun watching her. The cake was very small.

Thanks for all the replies -- the idea is cute and my mom might get a kick out of it, but I think we'll spend the money on a cooler gift instead. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter