Bill and Tracy’s Kinda Excellent Adventure 5/7 M & M Day 2 Cinderella Castle Suite

I'm just so sad that you were not feeling well at Disney. I really hope the day of rest got you feeling better.

And you two really do enjoy some awesome meals while there!

I just read your update where you had to transfer to POP Century. The whole posting was so good! I had to laugh about the clueless cast member at POP, the shower chair debacle, the room directions from someone who's apparently never walked the resort grounds, the fear of putting the refrigerator in the cabinet opening. You know just how to put the situation in words! I hope they finally slapped some paint on the room door and got Lady prettied up. I love the pins you bought! I lose control when pin buying!

Now to go back and read your latest update!

Oh I am so sorry to read you weren't feeling well that night. You have such a good heart to try and stick it out for Bill's sake. I would've been thankful too when he suggested leaving. I love his hat! Beaker is my favorite.

Dinner at CRT looks good. Sounds like you really enjoyed O'Hana. ;)

I hope you got to feeling better

Thanks, you will have to keep reading to find out :rotfl:.

Bill and Cinderella: Looks more like Justin Bieber and Cinderella! :rotfl::rotfl:

Something just looks off about that Cinderella and that Snow White.

Bill's meal looks yummy. Was that the Major Domo's Pie?

20 mins on getting the charger to work? More panic for you on top of not feeling good. :sad2:

A day of rest was wise.

Yea for Ohana!!! I couldn't move after that place. I hope you were feeling much better by that time.

Snow White was NOT very friendly, she seemed in a hurry too. I have been informed Bill's dinner was Pork 3 ways :goodvibes. I will let you know I had to mess with the charger every night for the rest of the trip at least 15 minutes a night to get it working :sad2:.

Just love when they accomadate these little requests that make the trip so much more enjoyable!:goodvibes

I hope the rest helps!

It is so much easier if I am sitting next to him.

I hate not feeling well at Disney, too bad about it being so cold, it is so hard to have a good time when you are freezing. I love Ohana's, sadly my family is not a big fan with the exception of my soon to be son-in-law he loves it and will make my daughter take him there :thumbsup2.

Hopefully you are feeling better and can enjoy the rest of your trip.

We LOVE Ohana. Your family needs to get on the Ohana train LOL.

How did I miss the last update?????

I smile every time I think of our visit at Pop with you and Bill. The kids still talk about playing with Bill's chair. I know you have made an impression on them too.

You also neglected to mention that you are now Brenda's hero! The outfit did save the day from a bad mommy moment. She still holds out faith, because of the Tinkerbell outfit from you and Bill, that we will get to go back to Disney.... and she is starting to drag Jon along with her. He thinks we are going back in June 2013. It won't be Christmas but I might get to enjoy my birthday there! In any case, Dana (Brenda's doll) wears her tink outfit AT LEAST 3 times a week. Brenda even made sure that Dana slept in the Tink outfit the other night for the tooth fairy's first visit. Brenda wanted the Tooth fairy to feel comfortable and know that she had a fairy friend at our house! It melted my heart! :lovestruc I can't thank you and Bill enough!

We LOVED CRT!!! I think if I were you would be keeping an eye on Bill with those princesses though! :lmao:

We really want to try Ohana for Dinner. We did breakfast there when we were on our trip and it was MY FAVORITE breakfast. I am betting dinner is over the top yummy too!

I was hoping it would be nice and warm the whole trip since it got downright bitter last December. Hoping this is a small bump and not an arctic blast!

I am so happy Brenda likes her Tink outfit!! You have to believe Tammy, it will happen someday, you will get back to WDW :hug:.

I missed your last update. The pins were great. I am going to buy some for my trip in August with the grandkids. It will be their first trip and I have to get them started on pin trading. I was sorry to read about Josh and his girlfriend. I remember your TR with her kids and know how much you love them.

That was lousy with the CM's attitudes towards the shower chair.

I loved the pic of Bill with Cinderella - very handsome guy.

The pic with the fountain looks better without the flash. It looks good with it but without just seems to have more character. I have Ohana planned for breakfast in August. I have to pay OOP so I am going a little cheaper where I can. That and the kids will like the characters. Glad you felt a little better after eating there.

Bill blushed when I told him what you said. I like the one without the flash better too.

Bills dinner was pork 3 ways and I did not like it on my last trip... did Bill like it?

Good idea to skip the party, you wouldn't have had fun and it would have been a waste of money

Thanks I couldn't remember what it was and Bill can't remember if he liked it or not :rotfl2:.

I'm just so sad that you were not feeling well at Disney. I really hope the day of rest got you feeling better.

And you two really do enjoy some awesome meals while there!

Bill is all about the food :thumbsup2.

I just read your update where you had to transfer to POP Century. The whole posting was so good! I had to laugh about the clueless cast member at POP, the shower chair debacle, the room directions from someone who's apparently never walked the resort grounds, the fear of putting the refrigerator in the cabinet opening. You know just how to put the situation in words! I hope they finally slapped some paint on the room door and got Lady prettied up. I love the pins you bought! I lose control when pin buying!

Now to go back and read your latest update!

Lady did get prettied up, I liked seeing the transformation. We lose control when pin buying :eek:.

Oh I am so sorry to read you weren't feeling well that night. You have such a good heart to try and stick it out for Bill's sake. I would've been thankful too when he suggested leaving. I love his hat! Beaker is my favorite.

Dinner at CRT looks good. Sounds like you really enjoyed O'Hana. ;)

I absolutely love that Beaker hat, it is very warm so it was so helpful for him. I always enjoy Ohana and the drinks ;).

LOVE the castle meal pics! I really have to get back there once Lily is old enough! And i LOVEEEEE Bills hat!

Bill was ready to go, he wanted to get to the Grand Floridian. We were doing some things there and spending the night for my birthday. Again, I thought this was crazy, but he loves me and wanted to do this so I kept my mouth shut about how much money it was and just went with it. I packed an overnight bag, we were not checking out of Pop, we were just not staying there that night.

Here is Lady in the day time, isn’t she beautiful:

DSC04113.jpg

Bill really was happy that day, you really can’t tell it by this picture though:

DSC04115.jpg

I am not sure how we got to GF, I know we took the monorail from somewhere, just not sure if we went to Epcot or MK LOL. Here is the gorgeous tree:

DSC04116.jpg

We had a lot of things on the agenda today, first off getting Bill’s haircut, he couldn’t take it anymore. So we had an appointment for him the Grand Floridian Salon. I can’t recall the young woman’s name but she was fast, efficient, and very nice. After the haircut we went downstairs to check in at the Garden View Lounge for Afternoon Tea. We waited in the lobby just people watching, this place is just so amazing. I could take a million pictures.

DSC04130.jpg

DSC04131.jpg

DSC04138.jpg

DSC04146.jpg

Our buzzer went off and we were seated for tea. The Lounge is very small and there was no way for me to sit next to Bill but we dealt with it. It was noted on the reservation that it was my birthday, so the server gave me a pink rose:

DSC04148.jpg

A close up of the china pattern, so pretty:

DSC04147.jpg

We both got the Buckingham Palace - traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. Bill got soda though.

Tea sandwiches:

DSC04149.jpg

My tea:

DSC04150.jpg

Jam Tart:

DSC04151.jpg

I picked pastries:

DSC04152.jpg

Bill picked the Strawberries and Cream:

DSC04153.jpg

We enjoyed our time there, but don’t think we would do it again anytime soon. We went to check in for the night and the cast member was so friendly. All the GF cast members are fantastic. We couldn’t walk 10 feet without one of them welcoming us there and asking us if we were having a good day. Bill joked that he could get really used to this.

The check in CM gave me a birthday button and it was noted we were celebrating our 7th anniversary as well. She said the room wasn’t ready but to hold on a minute she was going to call someone, after she got off the phone she said she got us a room that was ready and handed us our keys to the world cards and a map as to where the room was. We were in Boca Chica room 8101:

f.jpg

Before the trip I had been reading up on the GF, I knew that garden rooms were in Boca but I also knew there were other room types there as well. I wasn’t going to get my hopes up, I was just happy to be there. After we walked out the back I turned around and took a picture:

DSC04156.jpg

You have to walk past the pool to go to our room:

DSC04157.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

A nice sitting area in our building:

DSC04159.jpg

Some pictures of the room:

DSC04161.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

DSC04163.jpg

DSC04167.jpg

Continued in next installment Tracy's Birthday Extravaganza Part 2

When we had walked down the hall I had seen which side the room was on and my heart was beating really fast, this is the view we had:

DSC04170.jpg

That picture was a little hard to see, let’s zoom in some:

DSC04171.jpg

O
M
G

YES!!! YES!!! That is Magic Kingdom ladies and gentleman. I about had a heart attack, we had a huge balcony and we were both so happy. We paid 40% off a garden view room, I think we got an upgrade don’t you?

DSC04172.jpg

Looking left:

DSC04173.jpg

Looking right, we could see the Poly:

DSC04174.jpg

We could also see the Contemporary:

DSC04175.jpg

Close up:

DSC04176.jpg

Bill was happy with the room assignment (see the haircut):

IMAG0300.jpg

Bill wanted to lay down for a bit before we needed to change for dinner and there was a knock at the door, it was a CM wanting to do turn down service. I told him we didn’t need it, then he gave me chocolates:

DSC04186.jpg

It was fantastic being able to lay on the bed and see the Magic Kingdom, we could hear the train whistle and watched monorails go by. It was fantastic!! Before we knew it, it was time to get ready for dinner. We went back towards the main building and again I had to take pictures:

DSC04189.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

We were having an “Intimate dining experience”, a private dinner on the 3rd floor at the Grand Floridian. For those of you who didn’t read my PTR, Bill had enlisted Toni, then KathyRN137’s help in booking this as a surprise for me, then he needed to talk to me about the menu so he told me all about it, we are horrible at keeping secrets from each other anyway. He also got information from Lurkyloo's Disney Travel Babble Blog.

To book this you have to talk to Pat at the Grand Floridian private dining number than you do a lot of emailing back and forth. We were to wait in the lobby area by the piano for our private butler to come get us. There was a real snobby family sitting close to us, the kind that just look down their noses at people. The woman just kept staring at Bill and I was about to say something to her when our butler arrived, he said “Mr. and Mrs. K” and her mouth about hit the floor. I smiled and said yes and we followed him to the concierge elevator.

The butler’s name was Jack and he was from the Bronx, he was FANTASTIC!! I only got one blurry picture of him and am kicking myself:

DSC04196.jpg

He let us know that even though Pat had told us that we would be eating inside he had decided that it was warm enough and moved our table outside. We were thrilled. As we sat down, I asked that we moved the table a little so that Bill would be next to me so I could help him with his food, cutting it etc. Jack said I would be doing none of that he would take care of all of it. I noticed this on the table:

DSC04204.jpg

It is a Jim Shore figurine, Bill sent it to the GF to surprise me. Oh how I love that man!! Of course I cried, he always makes me cry.

The night was perfect, there was a full moon, they were playing Tangled at the pool and we could hear the music from it, and we could see the Poly on the right:

DSC04205.jpg

Looking toward the pool:

DSC04210.jpg

The balcony:

DSC04212.jpg

I think Bill was happy:

DSC04215.jpg

He had shrimp cocktail and I had a salad for an appetizer. Jack cut up Bill’s shrimp for him. It was great just being the girlfriend for a night.

We both had New York Strip steak and since Jack took care of Bill I got to eat my steak hot, YAY!!:

DSC04218.jpg

As we were having dinner the Electrical Water Pageant came by (sorry the pictures are blurry):

DSC04221.jpg

DSC04225.jpg

Bill and I had decided to get two things for dessert we were sharing:

Slipper:

DSC04236.jpg

And a mini cake:

DSC04237.jpg

Jack took a picture of us:

DSC04238.jpg

Continued in next installment… Tracy's Birthday Extravaganza Part 3

Part of our dining experience included getting to see the fireworks. It was a MVMCP night so we got to see Holiday Wishes from the balcony:

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04258.jpg

DSC04267.jpg

DSC04270.jpg

Pictures cannot show you how spectacular this was, it was breathtaking and we weren’t fighting people on Main Street to see it, it was just us, watching it together. It was truly magical. Then Bill was smiling and pointed behind me. We could see the high fireworks from Illuminations behind the Polynesian too. Warning, horrible picture coming:

DSC04280.jpg

The fireworks from all directions were finally over and it was time to leave our private balcony. I was so happy Bill had talked me into staying here for the night, could you imagine the let down having to take a bus back to Pop after this delightful night? Jack went to open the door for Bill then asked him to wait a minute, he bent down and hugged Bill and I almost started crying. He said he was honored to meet us and really enjoyed taking care of us. Throughout the night we had talked to him about Disney, his job, etc. He was an amazing man and an outstanding cast member. He hugged me too. He made the night even better. We got in the elevator and I had to take pictures, it isn’t like I would be using the concierge elevator ever:

DSC04293.jpg

DSC04294.jpg

He told us goodnight and we headed straight for the lobby desk, I asked for a compliment card and wrote a book about how fantastic Jack was, that we wished we could take him home with us. I hope his manager got to see it, he was a wonderful person.

We went to go out the back door and I had to take pictures of the floor:

DSC04295.jpg

DSC04296.jpg

DSC04297.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

Hidden Mickey’s on the way to our room:

DSC04302.jpg

DSC04303.jpg

Goodnight Magic Kingdom:

DSC04305.jpg

It was the BEST.DISNEY.DAY.EVER!!

Next installment… Epcot again?

Oh my Gosh!!! What an amazing birthday dinner!!! I do hate when people look down their noses at you... part of the reason I live WDW! We only had 1 person look down on us, and it was too in the GF. I am so glad that they got to see Jack take you off to your private dinner!!! :)

It was great that it was warm enough to eat outside. That had to have made the whole experience better... And all the help with cutting food! That Jack would be a keeper! :rotfl: But than again I think Bill is the real keeper here!

WOW!!! What an amazing birthday! Bill is a gem!!! I got teary eyed when I read about yout dinner!!!! A truly magical experience!!!!!

Wow! What an amazing night! I didn't know you could do something like at the GF. Do you have to be staying there?

Well you made me cry. That is just so awesome! Truly the perfect Disney dinner. You really are quite lucky to have such a thoughtful man.

Oh, WOW!!! What a wonderful birthday!!!! Room upgrade, wonderful dinner experience, and such a great time to spend together. :lovestruc :lovestruc

What an amazing night plus an amazing upgrade of your room! I also really like the picture of you and Bill at dinner. You are truly one lucky lady! Can't wait to read more.

Oh, Tracy, like everyone else, I am sitting here just bawling at your wonderful surprise dinner. Bill is such a sweetheart to have planned it for you, and it makes me so happy that you got to enjoy every minute of it thanks to Jack. A belated happy happy happy anniversary to you both! :love:

What an unbelievable night!!!!!!!!!!!!

And an amazing man, you are both incredibly blessed.

Wow!! Talk about making magical memories! What an awesome birthday surprise. Just over the top. The view from your room, the butler, and fireworks from the balconey. You must have felt like a disney princess! So glad you had such a wonderful birhday. Can't wait to read more about you trip. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter