Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

Thanks everyone for all the inspiring stories:) I can relate to many of them. Thanks also to Pamela for the recipes-keep them coming:thumbsup2

Morning!!

QOTD: My name is Kayla I'm a 19 year old college sophomore and I'm here to kick my last 10 pounds! I participated in the spring and summer challenge and lost about 22lbs. Since starting the challenges I also ran 3 5ks and a half marathon! I am signed up for my 4th 5k and my 2nd half marathon next month! I am a photography major and will be applying for the fall disney college program in January and then possibly an internship in 2014. Who knows, I may be at my dream job earlier than I ever imagined!?

I've been to WDW 5 times and am also a vegetarian and vegan when I can. Nice to meet you all!!

Popping in quickly to say HEY!!!

Trying to regain control of my house now that the kids aren't here all day.
I will be here for the challenge just won't be posting much at first, especially since next week DH will be gone for the week.
And mom wants to start walking so we are going to do that right after I drop the kids off in the morning.

Lots of runners on our fall BL thread -- I have 3 half marathons between now and the first of January. :goodvibes
:worship: :worship::worship: that is all I can say !
:cool1: woohoo!! The fall thread is up!

Hi everyone! My name is Kristina and I live 15 minutes from Disney World. :). The summer challenge I didn't do so hot. I think I only lost like 4 pounds or some crazy low number like that. I'm hoping now that stress has somewhat calmed down I'll be able to focus and get back on track.

I'm currently working with a reproductive endocrinologist to help me have another child. My late husband & 2 year old daughter passed away in 2008. Alan, my fiance, has been a huge rock these past 4.5 years helping me to deal with everything. He's cheered me on during my weight loss journey and has helped me celebrate the mini and major milestones. In 2010 I was at my heaviest, 233. On July 12th of this year I finally entered ONEDERLAND at 199.4. I'm currently floating around 198 and still have a LONG way to go but I'm confident I'll get there eventually.

Here's a little inspiration for ya. I made this a few nights ago:

UpdatedweightlosscollageAugust2012.jpg

As you can see my weight loss has been REALLY slow. Since moving to FL I have an awesome team of doctors (primary care, hematologist, and reproductive endo). My primary care doctor after looking over old test results that were done in 2010 came to the conclusion I had PCOS (poly cycstic ovarian syndrome). In June I went to see the RE for the first time. She asked a few simple questions and did an ultrasound of my ovaries. I had over 80 cysts combined between my 2 ovaries. I average about half a pound to a pound a week when it comes to weight loss. It was discouraging at first but now that I have my PCOS diagnosis I have learned to live with it and embrace it. No sense in beating myself up over it. There's not anything I can do to change how my body loses weight.
Great job....they say slow and steady wins the race though I will admit I am one who needs the quick result to stay motivated!!! Keep up the great work!

Okay, so I hit ONEDERLAND back in July and kept going back and forth on what I wanted to "reward" myself with. Finances are tight right now and I'm still pondering. I think I've decided at my next big goal (still debating on that as well, LOL) that I want a recumbent bike (if finances allow it).

I've not rode a real bike in years and quite frankly the idea scares me, LOL. I have my treadmill and pool to use for cardio but some days I just want to plop down on a bike, turn the tv on and go to town. I'm hoping at some point to make this a reality but not sure when that will be exactly.

I struggle with the "rewards" as well..never seem to give myself the reward that I had set for myself so that is probably one of my issues....

Hi all...I'm back.
My name is Jen and this will be my second challenge. Started out strong this summer and then slacked off...have lost and gained the same 3-4 lbs 20 times over this summer so need to find some consistency. I am wife to 1 who is in college to become a school teacher and mom to 3. Days are chaos and I struggle to find a routine that I can stick with. So not a morning person but don't have any evening time to dedicate to myself to work out :(

I leave for Disneyland on a work trip in 5 days!!! Sad that the family won't be going with me and the work crew is OK to hang with so have mixed feelings about the trip. I am sure I will change my mind as I walk thru the gates!!! Sad that the race was last weekend and not this weekend because I would have extended my trip and went out for it!!!

Look forward to getting to catch back up with everyone and try to get on a steady track. Have a wedding to attend in Dec that I really want to look amazing for so that is my goal!

QOTD: Hi everyone. My name is Beth I am 32. My large goal is to lose 90lbs. My 1st goal is to not have to take the BP meds they put me on because I am boarder line high BP. So I would like to lose 30lbs to come off of those. I am also single and have the joy of having my cousin/best friend as my room mate. I am the auntie to 3 awesome kids that I love more than anything. I am the mommy to one very spoiled rotten 10 year old pomeranian named Bosley. I also love college football go Clemson Tigers and love MLB go Cubbies. :)

Ok putting it in writing so that I can be held accountable -- I am starting WW this week along with the challenge so TOMORROW! I spent my lunch break figuring out how many daily points I can have, how many activity points I'll earn (my only excersize right now is Zumba 2 days a week for an hour) and how many weekend points I will have.. Weekends are the challenge for me - so we'll see how it goes.. I am also putting my goal out here for all to see --- I'd like to lose 10 lbs for this challenge
Phew it's a little intimidating for me see that in print but hoping it will also motivate me to keep on track :) and hit or surpass my goal.

I can't remember if I did this or not...I don't think I did! Hi everyone! My name is Kaiti, and this is my 4th(ish) challenge. I am hoping to start nursing school in the Spring and want to do so at a healthier weight and with healthier habits under my belt! Right now I work as an anesthesia tech in an operating room in my hometown. I love my job, and want to go back to school to learn how to do more AT my job. My next trip to the world is in 22 days :-)hyper:) to run the ToT 10miler race- my first Disney race! I will try to post some pictures as I go on my Facebook account, and you're all welcome to add me on there! My name is Kaiti Courts on there- just let me know you're a Dis'er so I don't think some crazy person is trying to stalk me ;) I can't wait to get started!

Friend request on its way :) couldn't send message to say I was a diser so letting you know!!! Jen Rath
Good luck on your race...can't wait to do one myself!!!

Well, starting the challenge right...headed to Orlando Tomorrow!! Board the Fantasy on Saturday! Dd just on her last dose of antibiotic after having 8 days of 102 fever...now ds can not breathe...allergies? Not good :(... My goal is to lose a pound on the cruise!! :)

I am only 35-40 pounds from goal!! So excited!!:dance3:

HAVE AN AMAZING TRIP~~~

Good morning all! :goodvibes

I'm going to go ahead and post a warm up question since we are all anxious to get started. :yay:

Raise your hand if you want to go to the Happiest Place on Earth as we start our Biggest Loser Fall Challenge! :wave2:

Yep, we're on our way to healthy living! :yay:

Oh . . . um . . . did you think I was going to say we're going to Disney? :confused3 Okay, let's see if we can manage to do both. :teeth:

But before we get started we had better introduce ourselves to our fellow travelers. :cool2:

Did anyone else ever go on the America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? It was a circle-vision movie, similar to the Reflections of China movie at Epcot. Although the attraction never moved, many people thought it did because of the way it was filmed, so the host always asked you to introduce yourself to the people standing around you, in case you needed to grab onto them.

Well, during this challenge we will all be counting of the support of our fellow challengers.

Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 9/5/12: Please introduce yourself, if you haven't already.

I am Lisa and I will be your coach starting Friday. I've been doing the BL challenges since 2009. I'm 52, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will be reaching my goal weight by the end of the year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. In a few days I will be running my
4th half marathon in 12 months. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start. :teeth:

A big, BL thank you to our hostess, Maureen, and our weightkeeper, Samantha! :thanks:

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and to a great challenge! :flower3:

:wave: That is the best I can find to raise my hand! I leave for Disneyland on Monday!! Well I leave for Aneheim on Monday for a conference and Disneyland just happens to be across the street from my hotel. Have a 5 day park hopper already purchased!! Can't wait to go to Carsland!!!

No time to catch up but did want to post this interesting news about Jillian Michaels returning to the Biggest Loser Show this season. popcorn:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20626567,00.html

I saw something on that the other day!! Am soooo excited I like her....

Hi all,

I humbly enter this challenge after failing to complete the last 2. There are such great people here and I know that I find much more success when I am feeding off their inspirations than off what I find in the fridge.

I seem to be the token man in the challenge once again.....at least thus far. But do not worry ladies, I am absolutely fine with everyone talking about TOM whenever necessary. Now that I know who he is, I simply skim to the next paragraph....;)

I am Christopher. 38 quickly approaching 39 next month. American living in Switzerland since 2003. Started my 10th year of teaching music at the local International School last week. So far the year is off to a great start.

Have struggled with my weight constantly since I was very young. Growing up, food was used as a reward for things that needed celebrating and as a comfort when things went sour. I know all the right things to do and how to properly count my calories and balance my portions and drink my water....I just tend to let the daily chores of the rest of my life get in the way if I do not remain completely focused. That's what I like about these challenges. They help keep me focused.

I have a busy fall ahead of me but I know that if I don't get on board with this challenge I will find myself continuing to creep up rather than losing or even maintaining. So here I am......glad I peeked at the W.I.S.H. board today and joined the challenge from the start.

Good luck to all!

Christopher:hmghost:

Hi all,

I humbly enter this challenge after failing to complete the last 2. There are such great people here and I know that I find much more success when I am feeding off their inspirations than off what I find in the fridge.

I seem to be the token man in the challenge once again.....at least thus far. But do not worry ladies, I am absolutely fine with everyone talking about TOM whenever necessary. Now that I know who he is, I simply skim to the next paragraph....;)

I am Christopher. 38 quickly approaching 39 next month. American living in Switzerland since 2003. Started my 10th year of teaching music at the local International School last week. So far the year is off to a great start.

Have struggled with my weight constantly since I was very young. Growing up, food was used as a reward for things that needed celebrating and as a comfort when things went sour. I know all the right things to do and how to properly count my calories and balance my portions and drink my water....I just tend to let the daily chores of the rest of my life get in the way if I do not remain completely focused. That's what I like about these challenges. They help keep me focused.

I have a busy fall ahead of me but I know that if I don't get on board with this challenge I will find myself continuing to creep up rather than losing or even maintaining. So here I am......glad I peeked at the W.I.S.H. board today and joined the challenge from the start.

Good luck to all!

Christopher:hmghost:

Can I just say after reading your TOM discussion from the last challenge that I think of you everytime someone talks about "him" regardless of the setting!!! Guess that is one way to never be forgotten!!

I seem to be the token man in the challenge once again.....at least thus far. But do not worry ladies, I am absolutely fine with everyone talking about TOM whenever necessary. Now that I know who he is, I simply skim to the next paragraph.... ;)

Hey, we're glad to have a man doing this with us. More men should honestly. We're a fun group! :goodvibes

And I'll try to keep the TOM talk to a minimum. Although I have to agree with camnhan on thinking about you whenever the subject comes up... :lmao:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all! :flower3:

Knees held up without a problem last night, so I was able to get a good workout in. I've gotten to wear I can do 140lbs in the leg press now! When I started, I could only do 80lbs. We're getting there! :thumbsup2

Cousin's over today so we decided to go to the library to get a couple of books where I was able to find one on making bento box meals. I didn't realize until I read through it that some people use it on Weight Watchers for helping with portion control and adding more veggies. I'm thinking I may have to try it myself. ;)

I'm as ready as I'll ever be to start this new challenge. Started back to trying to drink all 64oz of water (kind of got off track during the summer...) so it's back to running to the bathroom every two hours... :rolleyes: But we have plenty of fruit, veggies, turkey burgers and fish on hand and I'm working on getting my workout schedule together. Hopefully with some hard work, my trip report will be called 'Taking on the World 50lbs lighter!'

But for now, I'm settling down to some reading and watching the last bit of 'The Kissing Bandit.' I just love old Frank Sinatra movies... :lovestruc

Good afternoon all! :goodvibes

Hi Ashley! Nice to see you! :flower3: And woo hoo for having to shop for smaller clothes. :woohoo:

:welcome: Melissa! Glad that you are joining us. Wow! Oncology nurse -- I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for you. :littleangel:

:welcome: Jessie! Nice to see you again!

Thanks for sharing this link, Lisa! Frankly I picked C25K because of how cool the app was... That's a good reason, right?? :rotfl2: We'll see how it goes.

Oh yes! ::yes:: Just wait until you see the cool stuff you can wear! ;)

Dona, so sorry for the tough start to the school year. :hug: Nice of them to get that over with already.

Well, starting the challenge right...headed to Orlando Tomorrow!! Board the Fantasy on Saturday! Dd just on her last dose of antibiotic after having 8 days of 102 fever...now ds can not breathe...allergies? Not good :(... My goal is to lose a pound on the cruise!! :)

I am only 35-40 pounds from goal!! So excited!!:dance3:

How exciting to see goal in your sights! :yay: Have a fabulous time on your cruise!

This is at least my 9th BL challenge here on the WISH boards and I LOVE them! They are my therapist, WW leader, and best friends all wrapped up here on this screen! :thumbsup2

Well said! We love you, too, Pamela! :love:

Thanks everyone for all the inspiring stories:) I can relate to many of them. Thanks also to Pamela for the recipes-keep them coming:thumbsup2

We also have a Biggest Loser Recipe thread. I'll post a link later.

Hi Kayla! Nice to see you! :flower3:

Hi Buffy! Hang in there! :hug:

I leave for Disneyland on a work trip in 5 days!!! Sad that the family won't be going with me and the work crew is OK to hang with so have mixed feelings about the trip. I am sure I will change my mind as I walk thru the gates!!! Sad that the race was last weekend and not this weekend because I would have extended my trip and went out for it!!!

Jen, I am so excited for you and your trip to DL! :jumping: I was so jealous of all the WISHers who ran the DL half this week-end. Have a wonderful time! Radiator Springs Racers and Soarin' both have single rider lines. :cool2:

Ok putting it in writing so that I can be held accountable -- I am starting WW this week along with the challenge so TOMORROW! I spent my lunch break figuring out how many daily points I can have, how many activity points I'll earn (my only excersize right now is Zumba 2 days a week for an hour) and how many weekend points I will have.. Weekends are the challenge for me - so we'll see how it goes.. I am also putting my goal out here for all to see --- I'd like to lose 10 lbs for this challenge
Phew it's a little intimidating for me see that in print but hoping it will also motivate me to keep on track :) and hit or surpass my goal.

You can do it! :thumbsup2

Hi Christoper! :wave2: Nice to have you back! :teeth:

I will be back later to post the QOTD for tomorrow.

Everybody excited for the starting weigh in tomorrow? :)

Over the weekend i put on 4lb and have now lost 2lb of it....eek. Come on other 2! I'm so glad for this thread and i'm really looking forward to shifting this weight once and for all.

I probably won't be online much next week as i'm going to Ireland to visit my family and they don't have much connection over there, but i will be DISing in spirit xx

Hi,

I am new to the DIS and I think this is a great challenge and I would love to join...

My name is Rhonda and I am 37 years old and live in Nova Scotia... I have been doing WW for 18 months and have lost 41 pounds... I have 9 pounds left to lose and I have been gaining the same two pounds for the last three months... So I really hope this will be the motivation I need...

I have been a runner for two years, which is funny because all of my life I could never run... But then a runner friend of mine tricked me and told me about all the great places that you can run a marathon including Disney... I googled the medals and now it is my goal to run the Disney marathon (hoping in 2014).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the challenge...

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

We all know a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth starts with a little trip right down Main Street USA. ::MickeyMo

How many times have you been on Main Street and seen some poor group of people standing right in the middle of the street staring at a map and trying to figure out where they are going to go. We Disboards big time planner types know that you can't get where you want to go without a great PLAN.

And those of you who have done the challenges before know that I can't coach without help from one of my favorite sites sparkpeople.com And this week is no exception. :goodvibes

Which brings me to the topic of goal setting. It's not enough to have a goal but you need a plan for how you are going to get there. Here is an excerpt from a sparkpeople article called Do's and Don'ts of Goal Setting:

Goal achievement, especially when it comes to health and fitness, can be a mystery. Most of us have no trouble with setting the goal. Setting a goal is the easy part, it's those other steps that can be a puzzle. But you CAN turn achieving your goals into a science with the right strategies. Here are a few of our favorites:

DO create a plan. DON’T wait for "someday" to roll around.

DO start small. DON’T focus on too many things at once.

DO write it down. DON’T forget to give yourself a deadline.

DO be specific. DON’T deal in absolutes.

DO leave room for failure. DON’T expect perfection.

DO track your progress. DON’T fool yourself into failure.

DO reward your success. DON’T beat yourself up over failure.

DO find a support system. DON’T try to do it alone.

DO make a commitment. DON’T ever forget that you can do it.

Here is a link to the whole article if you are interested. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=124

QOTD Friday, September 7, 2012: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.

Let's get this party started! party:party:party:

Everybody excited for the starting weigh in tomorrow? :)

Over the weekend i put on 4lb and have now lost 2lb of it....eek. Come on other 2! I'm so glad for this thread and i'm really looking forward to shifting this weight once and for all.

I probably won't be online much next week as i'm going to Ireland to visit my family and they don't have much connection over there, but i will be DISing in spirit xx

Have a wonderful time on your vacation! :shamrock:

Hi,

I am new to the DIS and I think this is a great challenge and I would love to join...

My name is Rhonda and I am 37 years old and live in Nova Scotia... I have been doing WW for 18 months and have lost 41 pounds... I have 9 pounds left to lose and I have been gaining the same two pounds for the last three months... So I really hope this will be the motivation I need...

I have been a runner for two years, which is funny because all of my life I could never run... But then a runner friend of mine tricked me and told me about all the great places that you can run a marathon including Disney... I googled the medals and now it is my goal to run the Disney marathon (hoping in 2014).

:welcome: to the Disboards, Rhonda, and to the BL Fall Challenge! Great job on your success so far. :flower3:

QOTD Friday, September 7, 2012: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.

My goal this challenge is to lose 10 lbs. I am going to count what I eat and pack my lunch for work 3 out of 5 days a week. I am also going to increase my water intake. I am looking forward to a really successful challenge!!

Welcome Rhonda! I had to laugh because this happened to me 2 years ago--my runner friend, however, also unfortunately encouraged me to sign up for a 2nd 1/2 marathon the weekend after my 1st. (Because, you know, I was training for a full, so you know, just a normal long run.) That was TOO MUCH!!! :eek: I haven't run consistently since. Starting C25K with the challenge though, just to get active again. I'd love to run the WDW marathon one day... maybe i'll join you in 2014? :rolleyes: (ANYTHING seems possible at the beginning of a challenge ;))

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

My big goal for the challenge: To lose 13 pounds (a little over 1 lb./week) from whatever my weigh-in is tomorrow. I have a hunch it will be kind of high. I want to be under 150 by the New Year!

My exercise plan: Start Couch to 5K with the challenge, just to get off the couch! Stick with it at least through the program.

My food plan: Track all my calories in My Fitness Pal, plan everything I'm going to eat out the day before, make sure I've got a dinner/leftover lunch meal plan each week by Sunday the week prior so I can go to the Farmer's market and make sure everything is as fresh as I can. Get all those recipes entered in MFP ahead of time so I can track very easily each night.

I don't really have a plan per say, but I do have things I am planning on working on for this challenge.

1. Not to keep skipping breakfast...
2. To go to the gym at least 3 times a week (plus one day of Zumba.)
3. To drink as much (if not all) of my 64oz of water daily.

As for goals, I'd be totally happy to lose 10lbs during this challenge. And if I can lose more, that would be even better!! :goodvibes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well...guess what folks?

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD NEXT MONTH!!!

tumblr_m90ukgM8Ma1r5grla.gif

Bring on the Disney magic!!! :tinker:

Oh Main Street, I'll be walking on you in 20 DAYS!!!!! :woohoo::cheer2:

My goals for this challenge are as follows:

1) Keep up my running after I get home from my trip. I don't want to give it up just because I don't have a Disney race to train for...although it does give me a *really* good excuse to run ;)
2) Lose 1lb a week. It may not seem like a lot, but it does add up to quite a bit!
3) Track my food intake better- currently, I probably only track about 4/7 days :guilty: I use it as an excuse to go off-plan, and when I do that, I have gaining weeks. No more!
4) Have a fantastic time not worrying and stressing about my food intake on my trip to the World in just 20 DAYS!!! pixiedust: (Sorry, I had to say it again, I'm just so excited!) I'll be there for the opening weekend of F&WF, and I've always wanted to go. I want to go and not feel guilty and go into a shame spiral because of what/how much I eat.

I think those are doable goals. I don't want to make them too lofty, otherwise I'll set myself up to fail, simply because they can be daunting!

Can't wait to hear everyone else's goals too!!

I don't really have a plan per say, but I do have things I am planning on working on for this challenge.

1. Not to keep skipping breakfast...
2. To go to the gym at least 3 times a week (plus one day of Zumba.)
3. To drink as much (if not all) of my 64oz of water daily.

As for goals, I'd be totally happy to lose 10lbs during this challenge. And if I can lose more, that would be even better!! :goodvibes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well...guess what folks?

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD NEXT MONTH!!!

tumblr_m90ukgM8Ma1r5grla.gif

Bring on the Disney magic!!! :tinker:

Those are awesome goals!! And so is that graphic!!! :thumbsup2 You must be so stoked about your trip! Are you going to MNNSHP?

So for my trip, I'm going with two friends (that have yet to meet each other!) and haven't been in years. I've been named the tour guide, and I want to make sure I don't overwhelm them. Any suggestions on keeping it low-key? I've never been much of a commando-style guest, but I may have a skewed opinion of myself ;) All our ADR's are made, and I don't really have hardcore plans. As far as rides, we'll get on whatever we can when the lines are short. I have "two" days at DHS- one of which is the half-day we arrive and the other is the night of the race when the park is open til 4AM!!!! :dance3: That doesn't sound too bad to me, but I just wanted to see if this was reasonable to anyone else. Thanks guys!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter