Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge -- thread closing -- see new thread Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping on quick to post the QOTD before I get a quick run in. (I already did Insanity while my kids were in Sunday school so I'm totally rocking this weekend!)

QOTD: Not really weight loss related but, what are your favorite Disney restaurants and why? What's your favorite meal there?

I've never been there and am going to be planning my ADR's soon so I can use all the help I can get. I have about 4 that I know for sure I want to try but give me some more ideas! Thanks!

I'll be back a little later to reply to everyone's posts. Have a great Sunday.

Q of the day--We love Sanna (sp?). We've only been there once, but it will definitely be on our list for next time. We tried a bunch of different things and shared. The dips were great. We also love Beaches and Cream--to share an ice cream, and really enjoyed Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. DS and DH shared the salmon with extra sides and I got a couple of vegetarian sides and their house Martini. Yum.

How exciting to be planning your first trip!

Well - I got home late last night... it's been 2 weeks without a computer and when I weighed this morning I am up 3.5 pounds! I was thrilled--I was sure with the stress of the funeral and clearing out Gpas stuff, the driving and 2 days at Dland that I would be up more than that - so I gave up my 25 lb clippie til I once again have lost those pounds.

I must say that I really missed being 'here' and the accountability that I have come to depend on with my computer. I keep track of everything at SparkPeople and I have a spreadsheet as well - which helps me notice my patterns. The Spark stuff helps me to make sure that I get in enough protein and helps remind me to get in enough fruits and veggies as well as a water tracker.

I am exhausted and have a really bad cold--with a terrible earache--so today I am just taking the day off--resting, getting lots of liquids, soups and whatever else sounds good (which not much does). I hope to be able to exercise tomorrow at least a little bit--since I haven't done any 'real' exercise for the 2 weeks I was gone--too busy with other stuff.

I haven't gone back through the posts (too many at this point)--but I know that many of you sent your supportive and caring thoughts (and prayers) in our direction when Kimara posted about our grandpas death - and I want to thank you for that. Bless you! :)

I look forward to reading your posts to help me get back 'OP' as I feel better and return to 'normal' life. Thanks again!! Have a great week!!!
:) Liz

Happy Sunday everyone!

We had a GREAT Time this weekend! Ate a bunch! Drank even more! Did get in 3.5 miles on the treadmill with Redwalker! Had my fried clam strips today so I'll be set for awhile!

Will get back on track tomorrow! Getting our taxes done tomorrow as well! Also start my next Irish Step class tomorrow night!

Really tired from the weekend but it was all worth it!

Saturday's QOTD: I've bought a few DVDs and several things for the Wii. Also bought some workout clothes. I also drink the BL Protein powdered drink daily.

Sunday's QOTD: After our last trip in April, I would have to say my favorite restaurant is now, Narcoossee's! DH and I had a special dinner there and we LOVED everything we ate! I had swordfish for the first time and it was AMAZING! The dessert was amazing as well as the appetizer! We've tried more restaurants over the last several trips and plan on continuing that trend in December.

Time to get some more laundry done and relax! Need to give the girls a shower as they went swimming again this morning! They are quite the little fishies! Gonna find DD2 some swim lessons soon to get her ready for the summer! She's getting pretty good but still needs some lessons!

It was hard to stop going to ww, but I have done it on my own too, and feel like I know the program so well I can do it. Well, I did get out and do W4D1, and it felt awesome!! There were some people we knew at the park, and I just did my thing, and didn't pay attention to anyone else while I was running, and it made a big difference. The 5 minutes today did not seem as bad as friday night 3 minutes. I think my head was just more in the game. I don't feel like a runner yet, but right now, I think I will be!!

I'm so glad you're seeing results on the scale already. Sounds like a nice relaxing day for you. Enjoy it.

As I was reading this post on my email, I missed who was posting it... but when I read about the C25K mention, I figured it was you! I am SO proud of you just IGNORING the other people around and getting in the ZONE of running! It is hard when you think you might be observed because I think it is a natural tendency to think that others are judging and criticizing (at least in my head it seems that way).... but you went ahead and didn't let that stop you. WAY TO GO!! :thumbsup2

pjlla--I would love the bean and rice salad recipe. Thanks. I think I'm going to start boing some eggs and have a hardboiled egg after a big workout. I have normal cholesterol, so I'm not worried about that. I eat a lot of beans, but haven't ventured too much into tofu yet. Maybe I need to move in that direction.

Here we go with the recipe. It is from my SIL and is in my MIL's cookbook (she published her own cookbook a few years ago when she was 86 years old!!).

Susan's Rice Salad

3 C cooked brown rice (cooled or room temperature)

2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed

3 scallions, chopped

1 red bell pepper, chopped

1/2 C crumbled Feta cheese

Dressing: 3/4 C seasoned rice vinegar, 2 Tb. olive oil

Combine rice, beans, scallion, pepper, and Feta. Combine vinegar and olive oil in separate dish. Poud dressing over rice and bean combination and toss to coat. Best served cold.

This is a SUPER YUMMY summer salad at a barbeque or picnic. No mayo to worry about spoiling. I hope you enjoy it if you try it!

Just jumping on quick to post the QOTD before I get a quick run in. (I already did Insanity while my kids were in Sunday school so I'm totally rocking this weekend!)

QOTD: Not really weight loss related but, what are your favorite Disney restaurants and why? What's your favorite meal there?

I've never been there and am going to be planning my ADR's soon so I can use all the help I can get. I have about 4 that I know for sure I want to try but give me some more ideas! Thanks!

I'll be back a little later to reply to everyone's posts. Have a great Sunday.

Well... we aren't really big on eating in "fancy" restaurants, so we frequently eat counter service for the majority of our trips. Our big meals are usually character meals like Chef Mickey's, and Cinderella's Royal Table (both of which we LOVE). But we splurged on dinner at the Biergarten last time and NEVER AGAIN. I don't mind unusual and/or ethnic food, but there just wasn't ANYTHING that DS was willing to eat (obviously not the restaurants fault), the atmosphere and entertainment weren't what I remembered them being in the past... it just wasn't great. And we had changed it from an original reservation at the Norwegian restaurant (the name of which escapes me at the moment), so that we could have a NON-character meal for a change... and it was just a big disappointment. And honestly, the food wasn't that impressive.... very run of the mill.

I LOVE Chef Mickey's and would go even without the kids! The food is great, the atmosphere is fun, and I LOVE the characters.

DS and I are heading down for a long weekend in May....I'm not sure if I will plan a sit-down meal or not. He doesn't LIVE to eat, so he wouldn't miss it. But it would be fun to try something new.... like 50's Prime Time Cafe. He and I will have to talk about it and decide.

Good luck making your reservations!

Well - I got home late last night... it's been 2 weeks without a computer and when I weighed this morning I am up 3.5 pounds! I was thrilled--I was sure with the stress of the funeral and clearing out Gpas stuff, the driving and 2 days at Dland that I would be up more than that - so I gave up my 25 lb clippie til I once again have lost those pounds.

I must say that I really missed being 'here' and the accountability that I have come to depend on with my computer. I keep track of everything at SparkPeople and I have a spreadsheet as well - which helps me notice my patterns. The Spark stuff helps me to make sure that I get in enough protein and helps remind me to get in enough fruits and veggies as well as a water tracker.

I am exhausted and have a really bad cold--with a terrible earache--so today I am just taking the day off--resting, getting lots of liquids, soups and whatever else sounds good (which not much does). I hope to be able to exercise tomorrow at least a little bit--since I haven't done any 'real' exercise for the 2 weeks I was gone--too busy with other stuff.

I haven't gone back through the posts (too many at this point)--but I know that many of you sent your supportive and caring thoughts (and prayers) in our direction when Kimara posted about our grandpas death - and I want to thank you for that. Bless you! :)

I look forward to reading your posts to help me get back 'OP' as I feel better and return to 'normal' life. Thanks again!! Have a great week!!!

Glad you made it back from your trip safely. I'm sure it was an emotional rollercoaster. Sounds like you are ready to get back on plan (as soon as you feel better, of course!). And you came right back here to check in with us, so you are ready to get back on track!

Evening all! I had a nice day. My neighbor and I took an 8.7 mile walk! It felt awesome too!

I made a nice "allergen free" dinner tonight. DS wasn't impressed with all of it (he voted a "thumbs down" on the mashed parsnips, and was only so-so on the polenta-like rice dish... but he ate the grilled pork without ketchup and without complaint!), but it is a step in the right direction.

I spent some serious time at the scrapping table and got a few loads of laundry done, so I am good with that.

I need to go catch up my exercise minutes on the challenge thread and catch up my WISH journal! See you all tomorrow!.................P

QOTD: This one is up for grabs in our house. The first answer was ESPN club because we love the food, prices and video games. Then Beaches and Cream came up for the Kitchensink. I think I liked Coral Reef because we enjoyed the aquarium, atmosphere and the food. All 5 of us had great meals :thumbsup2

I just want to say hi and to encourage everyone this week to make smart choices all around. (Including myself!)
You all are keeping me motivated so keep it up, up, up and keep your weight down, down, down!

I AM A RUNNER!

100_0591.jpg

This is me at the end of the finish line from my 7K race yesterday and I ran the whole thing without walking!!! When people ask me now, I will say that...YES, I am a runner!

I may not look like a traditional runner and I am sure that I am never going to be the first person over the finish line (or be in the top 10 finishers for that matter). Still, I have trained hard and I have pushed myself to do things I never thought I would accomplish. I have stuck to a training plan and completed it to the point where I could run 5K. I researched more and learned how to push myself even further and now can run 7K. I am now picking a program to help me train for a half marathon and looking for one to run.

I started this because a friend asked me if I would run with her. Seriously, she knew what I looked like (27 pounds heavier) and still asked. I figured she thought I could do it so I had better get with it. My support has come from so many people. First, jbm02 (the friend who asked me to run) literally believes that I can run the Princess half marathon with her in 2011 and that is huge. Next, I have a friend who I worked with who motivates me every day. Finally, you guys all have given me compliments and told me I could do this and I can't say thank you enough. This is where I will say to all of you who are trying out the C25K program and trying to be a runner...YOU CAN DO IT! If I can, then you can! Don't give up and keep on going even when it is hard.

The feeling of finishing the C25K was great. The feeling of finishing my first race was INCREDIBLE!

Just so everyone knows...I am a runner! :yay:

PS - Thanks for letting me go on and on to celebrate ME! :rotfl:

YOU are a runner!! An AMAZING runner!! You look adorable!! I love the running skirt! Where did you get it? I have to have one!

Good Morning Friends. I hope everyone is well. After a really bad week I had a great night out Friday with DIS friends from the podcast. We ate over at Celebration Town Tavern and I had great company with John, Kevin, his mom, and Bobs wife Diana; plus alot of other great friends. I just listed those some of you may have herd of. It was nice to have dinner with friends after such a traumatic week. Somehow I have eaten out on Friday and Saturday and managed to loose 2lbs.:confused3 So I have a new clippee:banana: Yay!!!

QOTD: I have not spent any money on this journey short of food. C25K is virtually free short of a pair of shoes and good weather. I am still going even though I graduated and it is very nice just doing what I want to do and not having to follow the program. So yay I have exercise I finally like after all these years. :goodvibes Diet I am doing WW core. I cant count points it makes me crazed. This is much easier for me. I use my extra points for treats such as a few desserts at Boma last night. It is working for me.

I am JEALOUS!! I would love to have dinner with Kevin and John!! I really enjoyed spending time with them on the cruise!

Feel better soon!!!

Funny story... well, funny now that the shock has worn off. :lmao:

I went to visit my grandma in the hospital today. My dad was there and told my grandma that I have lost 30+ pounds since Christmas. My grandma looked at me and said, "you have lost more than 30 pounds since Christmas? Oh Annie, you must have been HUGE!!!! Were you THAT big?? You must have been huge... you rollie pollie!"

At first I was a little.... sad... shocked... but then I laughed and said, "Yes, grandma... I was 30 pounds BIGGER then I am now!!"

:rotfl::rotfl:

It was great to see her and when she is gone, those words will play back in my head and I will giggle.

My favorite meal is the breakfast at Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins. I love it because it is the one my kids enjoy the most.

My favorite meal is a meal that people often complain about. The cheeseburger.... any cheeseburger at Disney. I don't know if they sprinkle the meat with Pixie Dust but I love a cheeseburger at Disney.

I AM A RUNNER!

This is me at the end of the finish line from my 7K race yesterday and I ran the whole thing without walking!!! When people ask me now, I will say that...YES, I am a runner!

I may not look like a traditional runner and I am sure that I am never going to be the first person over the finish line (or be in the top 10 finishers for that matter). Still, I have trained hard and I have pushed myself to do things I never thought I would accomplish. I have stuck to a training plan and completed it to the point where I could run 5K. I researched more and learned how to push myself even further and now can run 7K. I am now picking a program to help me train for a half marathon and looking for one to run.

I started this because a friend asked me if I would run with her. Seriously, she knew what I looked like (27 pounds heavier) and still asked. I figured she thought I could do it so I had better get with it. My support has come from so many people. First, jbm02 (the friend who asked me to run) literally believes that I can run the Princess half marathon with her in 2011 and that is huge. Next, I have a friend who I worked with who motivates me every day. Finally, you guys all have given me compliments and told me I could do this and I can't say thank you enough. This is where I will say to all of you who are trying out the C25K program and trying to be a runner...YOU CAN DO IT! If I can, then you can! Don't give up and keep on going even when it is hard.

The feeling of finishing the C25K was great. The feeling of finishing my first race was INCREDIBLE!

Just so everyone knows...I am a runner! :yay:

PS - Thanks for letting me go on and on to celebrate ME! :rotfl:
:cool1: Congratulations, Jen! You are definitely a runner! And I'm certain you can do a half, if that's what your sights are set on next. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: You LOOK like a runner!!:woohoo: I'm a bit envious. I am waaay too intimidated to actually sign up for a REAL race. Maybe someday. I am so impressed. WAY TO GO!!! :thumbsup2
<snip>

Well.... I tried eating a bit more yesterday too... I ended the day feeling REALLY FULL and I did use all of my points plus a few Flex points. But I didn't feel GUILTY about it and that is a BIG change. And GUESS WHAT??...... After eating MORE than normal for just two days.... I got on the scale this morning and it showed me down more than a full POUND from Friday!! :woohoo: Go figure! Hopefully I can hold onto that loss and maybe drop a bit more before next weigh-in???
I'm glad that increased food decreased your weight! Hopefully incorporating some "full" points days into each week will continue that trend for you.
You can definitely do a race! A local 5k will definitely have all shapes and sizes and speeds.

This reminds me of a little race encouragement story...My dad was looking at photos of the Princess with me and was completely shocked at the different sizes of people. I thought he was going to make a negative comment about the heavy people (he's really into fitness), but actually he said how amazing he thought it was that these bigger women could run 13.1 miles and he couldn't. So regardless of body shape or speed, anyone really can be a runner.

Welcome back! Hugs to you on your grandpa's passing and everything life has thrown at you the past few weeks. I'm glad you didn't gain as much as expected - I'm sure you'll have that clippie back in no time.

I went to visit my grandma in the hospital today. My dad was there and told my grandma that I have lost 30+ pounds since Christmas. My grandma looked at me and said, "you have lost more than 30 pounds since Christmas? Oh Annie, you must have been HUGE!!!! Were you THAT big?? You must have been huge... you rollie pollie!"

At first I was a little.... sad... shocked... but then I laughed and said, "Yes, grandma... I was 30 pounds BIGGER then I am now!!"

It was great to see her and when she is gone, those words will play back in my head and I will giggle.
Glad you can start to laugh about it already. I think we've all had comments like that. Sometimes there is a jump in perceptions too. For example, I saw the same relatives at Thanksgiving and Christmas - no comments on turkey day, but I lost just 3 more pounds and at Christmas everyone thought I had lost so much weight!

QOTD Saturday: I spent very little on fitness and weight loss - until I started running. Yes, the "free" exercise has cost us the most. New shoes more frequently, running gear, a special trip to WDW for the Princess. Maybe that's more part of my running habit, as I didn't have to spend all that to get to my current weight. I am all about free: you guys for support, wearing existing sweats and tees, walking/running, no equipment strength training (push ups, crunches, squats, etc), and visiting our neighborhood gym, which is included in our homeowner's assoc. dues.

QOTD Sunday: Our favorite lunch ADR is the Rose & Crown. Their vegetarian shepherd's pie and a Strongbow Cider are my lunch of choice. Their kids ice cream sundae is really cute too. We've never had a bad experience there (despite the recent bad review on the Podcast). Favorite dinner ADRs are Boma and California Grill - I get something different every time, but enjoy it. Favorite breakfast is tough...can't think of a standout item since we usually do buffet if we're doing TS bfast. Our first visit to Cape May Breakfast on our January trip was a pleasant surprise - really big spread with tons of options.

Sunday's QOTD:

You'll get a different answer from each person in my family, but I loved all of the choices they gave, so here's our tops.
DH's absolute favorite is Ohana. He calls it the carnivore's paradise. I love the atmosphere, the leis, the kids liked the hula dancing and coconut/broom races.

DD2 - No surprise, Cinderella's Table. She loved eating in the castle! (This might have been my favorite, too. ;)). We went for breakfast, was just lovely!

DD1 - She couldn't decide. She loved Chef Mickey's breakfast, Tusker House breakfast. TH was the better food of the two, I thought. But she really loved Narcoosee's. She's a girlie girl, so getting dressed up, I did her hair in an "updo", riding the boat over, and eating by the water with the castle in sight was the best for her. I'm in soooo much trouble with this girl! She loved the kids' s'mores, too.

I liked Boma dinner, too. Lots of unique choices, loved AKL. DH and DD2 both liked it, but DD1, picky eater, did not. Could have had something to do with her first roller coaster ever (EE) and she rode it 4 times that day! The waiter was great to keep her supplied with ginger ale, though!

Haven't been on here in a while, but even just reading things helps keep me accountable. Need to up that though - was up this week :(
QOTD: Never having been to WDW, only DL, I have to say that I love Goofy's Kitchen (went with my family last time - the oldest one was 12, most were adults, everyone still had fun). The Plaza is good for quick and easy meals - we usually do that once or twice, or the Hungry Bear (yummy salad!). But the best would be a tie between Blue Bayou and Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. Woohoo! Great food, great ambiance, great fun! Yummy!popcorn::

Pamela - Do you eat your activity points? That's the only thing I can think of for you to change. I have not done WW but I've just picked up what I know in the last few BL threads. In counting my calories I regularly eat some or all of my activity calories. There will be 1 or 2 days a week where I wouldn't eat these. Also, have you tried weighing yourself on a different day? I wonder if getting on the scale every day or every other day for a few weeks would show you a lower average weight than your Friday weigh ins. Regardless, I know how frustrating it is to see a gain, after so much hard work. Hang in there, I know that scale will eventually budge! :hug:

The last few pounds really are the toughest. Seems like when we are at a weight our bodies like, they are very stingy with that "precious" fat! Seriously, Nicole and Pamela, you BOTH look gorgeous at your current weights! You may need to try a variety of things to kick the last few ounces to the curb - I know you both know that sometimes the answer isn't pushing harder or eating less. Sometimes it is, but not always. I have a new example of this from just last week:

I stepped on the scale and had seriously felt like eating the house all week long - I had even increased my daily points by +2 for the week, and used all the dailies, all the weeklies and a handful of activity points. I had not been working out hard. I was still taking it easy recovering from the princess, so shorter, easier runs and some but not a lot of weight training. I lost two pounds! I really didn't mean to and expected to be UP two pounds when I got on the scale. The trainer in my fit club says that if you're stalled out, you may need to spend more of your workout time in "zone 2" she calls it. It's that really comfortable level of exertion - the kind that has you breathing a bit but still feeling like you could do it all day long.

Pamela- hopefully changing it up with splurging less on the weekends and having slightly higher points values during the week will change things up so you'll finally see that loss you've got coming! :)

Well, I've bought some running socks, 3 Jillian Michaels DVD's (I've done 30 day shred 2 times, and that's all! I was too sore to run the next day!) The best $10 I spend was for a perfect abs dvd. LOVE IT! It's intense, 8-9 minutes, 3 different workouts. I can do 8 minutes after my morning coffee and know I've worked my abs. I did just order a Nike + sensor. But that's because I am loving running, for some reason. I think I love the idea of being a runner, :laughing: but anyway... I've run outside rain or shine, snowing, freezing. I would love a TM, but I think I'd get to bored on it.

You know, I've had that too sore the next day feeling myself more times than I care to recall. :laughing: Did you do those workouts close together? I know she says to do it every day, but I subscribe a lot more to the idea of doing something hard, then recovering from it a few days while doing a different activity. The amazing thing is, after you've gotten through the first few workouts that leave you feeling painfully sore the next few days, your body adapts and you will not be as sore (or sore at all) the next time.

This reminds me of a little race encouragement story...My dad was looking at photos of the Princess with me and was completely shocked at the different sizes of people. I thought he was going to make a negative comment about the heavy people (he's really into fitness), but actually he said how amazing he thought it was that these bigger women could run 13.1 miles and he couldn't. So regardless of body shape or speed, anyone really can be a runner.

What a great story! I agree, the people who complete the Disney races come in all shapes, sizes and ability levels. I think a lot of people are encouraged to be more active by the lure of these fun races, which is a great thing!

Jenanderson!!!!! - Congratulations on finishing your first race! You are definitely, definitely a runner, and judging from that picture, you would fit right in at any race I have ever done. You look fantastic and happy, slim and strong! Thanks for sharing your picture and your success!!!

I know it is not your goal to come in first or top 10, but you truly never know what may happen once you start getting excited about running. You don't know what latent talent you may uncover. When I started, I always wanted to avoid being last. Now, I am actually in the running for winning my age group sometimes - depending on the size of the race and who shows up. :laughing: It hasn't happened yet, but I am still hoping it does one of these days.

And I have a story about looking like a runner, if it's not too self-indulgent. Or yeah, even if it is:

When I was preparing to run the 2009 Half marathon - this was when I was 45 or 50 pounds heavier than I am now - I knew I was looking at a solo trip, which made me nervous because of the race - I didn't know what it would take out of me, what I would do if I got injured and was alone, etc. etc. So I thought I might ask my mom to go with me. We live in different states and don't see each other too often. So I called her up and told her I was going to do this race in Florida (sussing her out before I asked her to go with me!) and she said: "What??? That's a long way." ME: Yeah, mom, I know. I'm training for it. Her: But.....you don't have a runner's body!!" I was shocked. I don't even remember what I said, but I sure as heck didn't ask her to go with me on that trip. I didn't need that kind of negativity in my room! If I had it to do over again, I'd say to her "They don't just hand out 'Runner's Bodies' for free, you know! They look like that from years of running and eating right!" So I talked to her the other day and you know what she says to me? "I've started running. You've had so much success with it, I figure I could try it." I resisted the urge to say "But Mom, YOU don't have a runner's body!!" :rotfl:

YOU are a runner!! An AMAZING runner!! You look adorable!! I love the running skirt! Where did you get it? I have to have one!

Thanks! I love all my running skirts (you won't find me in shorts). This one is from skirt sports (http://www.skirtsports.com/shop/index.cfm?404=1), but I actually got it at a local running store who carries that brand. I am glad that I went to the store to try it one because I think they run a bit big.

:cool1: Congratulations, Jen! You are definitely a runner! And I'm certain you can do a half, if that's what your sights are set on next.

Thanks - I am a thinking that DH and I will do a couple races that are 5K-10K in length and then I will start training for a half. It seems like a huge goal to me right now but so did 5K when I started. I know that if I just find a plan and stick to it, I can do it.

I am a bit behind with the QOTD so I will get caught up now:

3/19 Friday QOTD: When it comes to weight loss, what works best for you? Counting calories, low carb, weight watchers....Why do you think this works better than the others?

Weight Watchers works best for me because there are really no foods that are off limit. I don't do well when I am told I can't have something. I like the flexibility of the program.

3/20 Saturday QOTD : Have you been able to go along this weight loss journey without spending much money or have you spent a lot? I'm not talking food here, just in terms of ww fees, videos, garmins, equipment, that type of thing.

I kind of spoke to this when I answered someone else but I will give a complete answer. If it was just for the weight loss, it wouldn't be that bad. I do have my WW fee, 2 Wii games for exercise and then the cost of healthier food. It is the running that is expensive for me. I bought a TM (used but still an investment), running shoes (and I need a 2nd pair), running clothing (a fair amount since I run at least 5 days a week), my Garmin (big investment but I love it), race fees, etc.

3/21 Sunday QOTD: Not really weight loss related but, what are your favorite Disney restaurants and why? What's your favorite meal there?

This comes from our whole family: A trip to WDW is not complete if you do not visit Chef Mickey's. We also love Ohana (mmmm...bread pudding dessert), Le Cellier, Whispering Canyon (the experience, not always the food) and Crystal Palace.

Q of the day--We love Sanna (sp?). We've only been there once, but it will definitely be on our list for next time. We tried a bunch of different things and shared. The dips were great. We also love Beaches and Cream--to share an ice cream, and really enjoyed Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. DS and DH shared the salmon with extra sides and I got a couple of vegetarian sides and their house Martini. Yum.

How exciting to be planning your first trip!

That's what I was going to say...we haven't been to Sa'naa yet, but I was talking to a cm and she said it the best on property (in her opinion of course) so we're going in October. I'm glad to hear that you liked it.

:hug: What a rough two weeks for you.

My favorite meal is the breakfast at Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins. I love it because it is the one my kids enjoy the most.

My favorite meal is a meal that people often complain about. The cheeseburger.... any cheeseburger at Disney. I don't know if they sprinkle the meat with Pixie Dust but I love a cheeseburger at Disney.

GRANDMA! :rotfl2: Yes you will always remember that and you'll tell your grandkids about it!

Got back last night from Cincinatti, not feeling well today - might have been the fried food I ate yetserday - ugh! I've only read this page of the thread but will go back and read more later. I'll post a link on facebook of dd's performance on Saturday if anyone wants to see it. They ended up not doing well, through no fault of theirs which makes me mad! on Saturday, but they looked flawless, I am very proud of the squad! :cheer2: Sunday, not so good - they dropped a stunt and timing was off. They still did better than I would have though! lol

Forgot to add this is the only page I've read so far - I'll be going backwards as the day goes on. lol

Good morning. I had a rough time getting out of bed this morning so I know it's Monday!

I couldn't get my computer to do what I needed it to for on of my assignments last night so I never got back on here. So sorry. I'll try to get back and hit the posts I want to comment on after I get things going here at work this morning.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It went by too fast like most.

QOTD 3/22: Do you have what you would consider a "trouble spot"? Is there anything you are doing to spot reduce it even though we are often told that spot reduction doesn't really work? And if so, is it working?

I consider my "pooch" my trouble spot. It's that area of my stomach right below the belly button. I think I've tried everything to reduce it but I don't stick with it long and that may be why it never works. It is at it's smallest in my (adult with children) life so I'm happy but would do sit ups til the cows came home if I knew that would take care of it.

How about you?

Have a great week!

We love the Crystal Palace buffet. I like to do a late lunch or early dinner on an all day MK day, and we always relax and regroup. The food is great, the character interaction has always been awesome, and we're right in the middle of MK. Often we're watching the castle show while we're waiting for our table. 50s prime time is another fav. We've been twice, and had great waiters each time, with lots of joking and interaction. I think I had the chicken pot pie both times, which is good. Coral reef was excellent too, I had blackened catfish with pepper jack grits and it was awesome. I'm not a picky eater, and I think I'm easy to please, and we have been very happy with all the restaurants we've eaten at.
I love reading everyone's favorites to get ideas for our next trip.

I'm glad everything went ok for you, and you were able to have some down time at disneyland. It's so hard to lose someone we love, but it's nice to spend time with family through it all. Welcome back, and nice job on the minimal gain. You'll have that clippie back in no time.

As I was reading this post on my email, I missed who was posting it... but when I read about the C25K mention, I figured it was you! I am SO proud of you just IGNORING the other people around and getting in the ZONE of running! It is hard when you think you might be observed because I think it is a natural tendency to think that others are judging and criticizing (at least in my head it seems that way).... but you went ahead and didn't let that stop you. WAY TO GO!! :thumbsup2
Thanks Pamela. We love 50s prime time. I bet your son would love it. I've read other's who don't get a very good server not being as happy, but we've been twice and always had fun. You must be having so much fun planning your trip. Southwest airfares come out tomorrow, so I think I"m going to book my airfare for august then! I can't wait.

I just want to say hi and to encourage everyone this week to make smart choices all around. (Including myself!)
You all are keeping me motivated so keep it up, up, up and keep your weight down, down, down!
Hello! Amen to this!

Yes you will giggle about it one day. My siblings and I often will quote my mom, funny things she said, or irritating little things she said, that are funny now, to make each other laugh. Those memories are treasures. I'm glad you were able to visit with her.

When I was preparing to run the 2009 Half marathon - this was when I was 45 or 50 pounds heavier than I am now - I knew I was looking at a solo trip, which made me nervous because of the race - I didn't know what it would take out of me, what I would do if I got injured and was alone, etc. etc. So I thought I might ask my mom to go with me. We live in different states and don't see each other too often. So I called her up and told her I was going to do this race in Florida (sussing her out before I asked her to go with me!) and she said: "What??? That's a long way." ME: Yeah, mom, I know. I'm training for it. Her: But.....you don't have a runner's body!!" I was shocked. I don't even remember what I said, but I sure as heck didn't ask her to go with me on that trip. I didn't need that kind of negativity in my room! If I had it to do over again, I'd say to her "They don't just hand out 'Runner's Bodies' for free, you know! They look like that from years of running and eating right!" So I talked to her the other day and you know what she says to me? "I've started running. You've had so much success with it, I figure I could try it." I resisted the urge to say "But Mom, YOU don't have a runner's body!!" :rotfl:
:rotfl: Moms, gotta love them.

Have a great monday!:)

Jenanderson!!!!! - Congratulations on finishing your first race! You are definitely, definitely a runner, and judging from that picture, you would fit right in at any race I have ever done. You look fantastic and happy, slim and strong! Thanks for sharing your picture and your success!!!

I know it is not your goal to come in first or top 10, but you truly never know what may happen once you start getting excited about running. You don't know what latent talent you may uncover. When I started, I always wanted to avoid being last. Now, I am actually in the running for winning my age group sometimes - depending on the size of the race and who shows up. :laughing: It hasn't happened yet, but I am still hoping it does one of these days.

And I have a story about looking like a runner, if it's not too self-indulgent. Or yeah, even if it is:

It is so funny to think of myself as a runner but I think I am finally comfortable with it. I owe so much of the success to everyone here...including you! I can't believe all the encouragement and advice I found on this thread. So....THANKS!

I love your story about your mom - it is so amazing what some people say regarding weight loss or the running. My mom just rolled her eyes at me when I said I was going to start running. As I trained these past months, she reminded me over and over that runners ruin their knees and that it is silly to do this to my body. Then, on Saturday after the race, she called and wanted to know all about how I did and if I am hooked on running. She sounded so amazed that I did it. Wait until she hears that I am training for a half marathon! That ought to blow her away! :lmao:

QOTD 3/22: My "pooch" is definitely my spot that just doesn't seem to go away. It is smaller but still sticks out. I had 2 c-sections so that's probably part of the problem. I need to do more crunches and hop back on my elliptical more. I have noticed that when I do the WATP Slim and Sleek 3 mile that it feels smaller due to holding in those stomach muscles.

Dreading getting on the scale this morning as I know I overdid it this weekend so it's back to work later today.

Off to do taxes at 11 and then shopping for DD1s communion gift. It was going to be piercing her ears but then we remembered that she can't wear earrings during soccer season. So it will be a digital camera as hers broke. She was upset about having to wait to get her ears pierced but said it will be something to look forward to.

QOTD: Trouble spot. Like everyone I would like to see my Mommy pooch go away, but I fear it never will. I suspect much of it is loose skin as my boys really stretched it out and being overweight didn't help. I do notice that I also have trouble spots in my upper arms too. I guess I just need to keep losing all over in hopes to get rid of them all. As I've said in the past, I am not a fan of exercise per se. I'm not in bad shape as we cut and split our own wood and do all projects around our house and with our vehicles. I guess I get alot of Vermont exercise;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter