Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge -- read important information here and chat below

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisah0711

♥ her Disney office
***current information for BL 9 (Biggest Loser) Spring Challenge starting January 1, 2010***

IN AN EFFORT TO MATCH THE BIGGEST LOSER 9 SCHEDULE THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN EXTENDED FOUR WEEKS TO MAY 14TH. LOTS OF TIME TO MAKE SOME MORE PROGRESS!
THIS IS THE INFORMATION THREAD -- PLEASE CHAT IN THE THREAD HERE

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34801169&postcount=1

Read this post for important information and to join follow the bolded instructions.

An updated participant list will be posted on this thread and updated periodically.

The coaching schedule and links to the COW (challenge of the week) will also be posted on the thread.

Welcome to Spring 2010 our time to be healthy again!!!

We worked hard in 2009 but many of us still have a ways to go. If you keep doing what you are now doing the number on the scale may not be much different at the end of the year than what it is now. But what could that scale say if you tried something different this spring?

You can make the plan. You can make the changes. You can work to achieve your weight loss goals. And you can be part of a great group to help and support you!

Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge 2010

It is NEVER too late to join the WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge. To join the challenge post on the thread or PM me and tell me which team you will be on -- loser or maintainer. Also PM your initial weight to Shannon (LuvBaloo), the weight keeper on January 1st. Report your weight in pounds ie xxx or xxx.x.

Our WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge will run for fifteen weeks from Friday January 1, 2010 until Friday April 16, 2010. First weigh in will be January 8, 2010 and weigh ins will be on Friday each week after. Each week starting January 8, 2010 our weekly Biggest Losers will be recognized. Our final results will be posted the week after April 16th.

As usual, you do not have to watch the TV show to be a part of our challenge – you don’t even have to watch the re-runs! We don't always follow the show schedule because we don't know when it starts or ends and our participants like to have it continue.

No one is ever voted off our challenge. After three weeks of not reporting your weight to the weight keeper you are removed from the challenge but if you decide to rejoin you are welcomed with open arms.

The purpose of the WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge is to help you on your weight loss journey and keep us all on track this spring during the season of the Biggest Loser shows. The challenge forces you to be accountable. Each week you will report your weight to the weight keeper (LuvBaloo). She is the only person that will know your weight. Your weight will never be published for anyone to see.

Our Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge has an added component this time -- a separate team for maintainers. If you are a maintainer -- your hard work paid off -- you will part of the maintainers team. Maintainers still report their weight but are scored by whether you stayed within 2 pounds of your maintained weight number. If you stayed on track, you make the list of maintainers for the week and you still receive the benefit of all the support, accountability and encouragement a BL challenge provides. You can move between loser and maintainer status -- it's your choice.

On our Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge we encourage and support each other. We celebrate those small victories and offer advice to help each other meet the weight loss challenges we face. We get to know each other. We laugh together and we cry together. WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge can be your weight loss support system.

You will get out of this challenge what you put into it. If you get serious and use this program it CAN and WILL help you lose weight. As you make choices during the day consider what your fellow losers would do. They would say no to the doughnut at the office but they would find time to get some exercise even if they are tired after a long day. Losing weight is not a 'quick fix'. It takes time, commitment, and lots of hard work. Our Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge is here to help you.

Our WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge will be a little different from our previous challenges.

* There will be two groups losers and maintainers this time.
* There will one mega-thread for the entire challenge. (Don't be afraid of the big thread -- it is a little intense the first couple of weeks but then gets better and was the format that received the most votes in the planning thread!)
* We will not have team captains but will have a different 'coach' each week. They will serve as hostess on the Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge thread, post questions of the day, acknowledge posters, post mini-challenges and offer encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge.
* LuvBaloo will serve again as the weight keeper. Thank you, LuvBaloo, for doing this again!
* Donac will be our COW (Challenge of the Week) coach. Weekly challenges will encourage us to develop healthy habits for our bodies and souls. Thank you, Donac, for doing this again!
* We will laugh together, we will cry together and a few of us will finish the challenge together, hopefully weighing less than when we started.

Let's review the three components of our WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge.

The weight report
* Your weight report is due each Friday.
* You PM your report to LuvBaloo.
* Report your weigh in pounds ie xxx or xxx.x.
* Carefully review your weight before you send your message to Shannon. PLEASE make sure the weight is typed correctly. Is that 166 or 156? Are you at 174 or 177? Misspelling is forgivable, typos happen, let's just make sure they don't happen with those numbers in your weight.
* Weight reports are required to remain in the challenge. After three weeks of no reports you are dropped from the challenge. After being dropped from the challenge you may return by reporting your current weight. We will welcome you back any time you want to rejoin if your drop out for a few weeks.
* You can chatter on our thread even if you don't do the weigh ins.

The COW
* Donac will post the challenge of the week on our BL9 thread.
* Not every week will involve a challenge.
* Participation in the weekly challenge is optional. You can pick and choose what part of the challenge that you want to do.
* Each challenge will clearly state a beginning date, ending date, and date your points total is due.
* Each challenge will include tasks to preform and point values awarded for accomplishing the tasks.
* It is helpful to print the challenge tasks to refer to throughout the week.
* Points totals may be PMed to Donac.
*Donac will recognize on our BL9 thread those earning the top point totals

WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge
* One mega-thread will run for the entire challenge.
* Participation on the thread is optional.
* Each week a new 'coach' will serve as hostess on our WISH Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge. Their duties include posting questions of the day, acknowledging posters, posting mini-challenges and offering encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge. If you are interested in serving as a coach please PM or email me. We strive to have a different coach each week so that means lots of volunteers!

So that's the scoop losers and maintainers. To join our challenge follow the instructions given above. If you have any questions PM me.

Good luck and have a healthy day!

Our new clippie is here! A big, BIG thank you to corinnak for designing our challenge clippie!

BL9.jpg

Please see our challenge thread for a current list of participants -- I cannot edit this list once the sticky is closed :)

LOSERS TEAM:
LuvBaloo
donac
lisah0711
pjlla
corinnak
ShortyNBug
tigger813
Eeyores Butterfly
Cinderella Girl
MelanieC
TammyNC
Worfiedoodles
mikamah
sahbushka
PrincessBride6205
disney mommy
jennz
DisneyFam5
SabrinaMouse
iluvtig2
ziggystardust
mrsschlep
MickeyMagic
mandac
heatherlynn444
ucfsweetie
TammyAlphabet (winner of BL8 challenge :) )
cclovesdis
Tasha+Scott
My2Pixies
Lucky'sMom
NancyIL
seashell724
DisFam95
Riverhill
NCRedding
jimmduck
rgrutland
Derby
pakaramom
LegoMom3
Craftydawn
Conway733
ohMom
JordansMommie
RutgersAlum
goldcupmom
lisaviolet
ktaggie
wezee
mullysisters
mstinson14
PRINCESSVIJA
talytam
anut4disney
dthogue
CinderellasSister
StitchIsOurHero
jbm02
krislee
mousemom11
lmhall2000
mthompson22
tea pot
Cruisin
NC Tink
3TinkAndAnEeyore
disneylove69
maslex
lacrosse lady72
LittleSeacow
lecach
kimblebee
MickeySP
claudia
IWISHFORDISNEY
pamperedlori
PeterPan09
kimwim8
My3princes
tbachelor
lovedvc
Christine & family
TAKitty
beansf
Life is good
CharityLynn
leamom2princesses
Disney Yooper
BernardandMissBianca
JFrey4240

thru post 140

Please forgive me if I spelled your name wrong or forgot to add you to the list -- just PM me and I will fix it!

MAINTAINERS TEAM:
50sjayne Hooray for 50sjayne the first maintainer participant!

Coaching schedule

Many thanks to everyone who has volunteered to coach during this challenge. Coaches act as hostess for our thread, post QOTD, reply to posts, and help keep our conversation moving. We couldn't have a challenge without you! :love:

1/1 - 1/7 lisah0711
1/8 - 1/14 tigger813
1/15 -1/21 Eeyores Butterfly
1/22 -1/28 Cinderella Girl
1/29 -2/4 pjlla
2/5 - 2/11 MelanieC
2/12 - 2/18 TammyNC
2/19 - 2/25 Worfiedoodles
2/26 - 3/4 mikamah
3/5 - 3/11 sahbushka
3/12 - 3/18 corinnak
3/19 - 3/25 ShortyNBug
3/26 - 4/1 PrincessBride6205
4/2 - 4/8 disney mommy
4/9 - 4/16 jennz

Wow! Thank you so much to all of you who have volunteered to coach already -- if we get more volunteers than weeks, we may share weeks so everyone who wants to have a turn at coaching gets a chance -- it's a lot of fun -- don't be shy!

Count me in as a loser! I spent the first six months of 2009 losing 62 pounds and the last few months trying to gain it all back! I'm almost 1/2 way there and this has got to stop! Time to start counting calories and get back on that treadmill. I actually won this challenge last spring and I credit it and all of you with my success. Now I need some help getting back on the wagon!

I want to be on the losers team. I need to lose approximately 45lbs and I think this challenge will help me get there.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!:cheer2:

Can't wait to kick some butt and hit my goal weight in January! Count me in!.....P

Count me in as a loser! I spent the first six months of 2009 losing 62 pounds and the last few months trying to gain it all back! I'm almost 1/2 way there and this has got to stop! Time to start counting calories and get back on that treadmill. I actually won this challenge last spring and I credit it and all of you with my success. Now I need some help getting back on the wagon!

I want to be on the losers team. I need to lose approximately 45lbs and I think this challenge will help me get there.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!:cheer2:

Can't wait to kick some butt and hit my goal weight in January! Count me in!.....P

Welcome, ladies! Feel free to come and chat on the BL 8 thread -- that challenge ends on Friday but the thread will be active during the break. Make some new friends and get a head start on that help and support. :goodvibes

Jumping on to say :welcome: everyone to the new challenge!

ITEM #1:
There was interest expressed in the planning thread for people to be able to set a goal and be measured against their goal. I am willing to add that to the tracking if people want it. This would be something extra for people that want it; the normal top losers results would still be active.

So for folks that want some extra accountability:
-when you send in your starting weight, you can send in your goal for the challenge.
- I will keep track and report the status for the goals as:
LuvBaloo - 2% complete
MickeyMouse - 10% complete
Donald Duck - 13% complete​
You don't have to do this if you don't want the extra accountability. This is optional extra.

Item #2:
Each week the results will be calculated as (old - new) divided by old to give a % loss. If weeks are missed, the results will be divided the weeks since last weighing in.

Item #3:
Please let me know if you have any questions about the weights.
Please let me know if there's something you'd like to see in the reporting.

Remember to send in those starting weights on Jan 1st :goodvibes

I'm in and about to send PM for my week of coaching!
Hoping to lose that last 10-15 pounds during this challenge!

Jumping on to say :welcome: everyone to the new challenge!

Thank you, Shannon! Thank you for being our weightkeeper and for adding a few new things to our reporting. :love:

I'm in and about to send PM for my week of coaching!
Hoping to lose that last 10-15 pounds during this challenge!

Thanks, Tracey, for volunteering to coach! :cool1:

And another big thank you to all of you who also volunteered to coach. Thanks to you the coaching schedule is already half full! :banana: We may do some split weeks if we get enough volunteers so everyone who wants to coach gets a chance to.

Don't forget that any of you new folks are welcome to come visit us on the BL8 thread until this thread really gets going.

I'll be joining. Didn't get as far as I'd like in the recent one.

I'd also be willing to coach. I'll set my goal as we get closer. I want to see where I am by then.

I lost some, gained some back, but still have a ways to go!!!!

Everyone has been great! I just got my work scheduled re-arranged, hopefully for the better!

iluvtig2:cool2:

me too!!! i am in for the losers team! i haven't been involved with a challenge since the BL2 challenge.... it's time I come back! I have a total of about 50-55 lbs to lose.

I'm in as well - I am not sure if I want to start out on the lose or maintain team. Hopefully I'll spend most of the challenge maintaining. When maintaining, do we get "points off" for going below a certain range as well? I know for me, I never want to see the other side of 140 again, but wouldn't be distressed at all to end up below 135. :)

Corinnak - since you'll be our first maintainer you have the privilege of helping to figure out how it works. ;):thumbsup2:goodvibes
I was thinking a maintainer comes in with their target weight and as long as they stay within 2 pounds of it they are "maintaining". I hadn't thought about people coming in lower. I think coming in lower is still a success and if you end up staying in the lower number, then you can decide to change your target weight.
I was thinking the maintainers just have a list of who's successfully maintaining, with no ranking, but I'm very open to ideas :goodvibes

I'll be joining. Didn't get as far as I'd like in the recent one.

Welcome to BL 9. I would definitely wait until when you send in your starting weight to decide what your goal is going to be since it is that time of year. :santa:

I lost some, gained some back, but still have a ways to go!!!!

Everyone has been great! I just got my work scheduled re-arranged, hopefully for the better!

iluvtig2:cool2:

Congrats on the new schedule and welcome to BL9!

I would like to join also.

thanks for doing this.

:welcome:, ziggystardust! Glad that you are joining us.

me too!!! i am in for the losers team! i haven't been involved with a challenge since the BL2 challenge.... it's time I come back! I have a total of about 50-55 lbs to lose.

:welcome:, msrsschlep! Glad to see you joining us, too!

I'm in as well - I am not sure if I want to start out on the lose or maintain team. Hopefully I'll spend most of the challenge maintaining. When maintaining, do we get "points off" for going below a certain range as well? I know for me, I never want to see the other side of 140 again, but wouldn't be distressed at all to end up below 135. :)

:yay: our first member of the maintainer team! :dance3: (when she is ready ;) )

Corinnak - since you'll be our first maintainer you have the privilege of helping to figure out how it works. ;):thumbsup2:goodvibes
I was thinking a maintainer comes in with their target weight and as long as they stay within 2 pounds of it they are "maintaining". I hadn't thought about people coming in lower. I think coming in lower is still a success and if you end up staying in the lower number, then you can decide to change your target weight.
I was thinking the maintainers just have a list of who's successfully maintaining, with no ranking, but I'm very open to ideas :goodvibes

Yep, as Shannon says, the maintainer part of the challenge is new ground so it will be a work in progress. We just didn't want to lose participants when they reached goal because they are great resources of info and getting to goal is just a part of your journey to good health -- you still need support and accountability to maintain.

A word of warning that I will be heading off to WDW tomorrow. I will have a laptop but will only be checking in once a day or so. So if you sign up and aren't welcomed right away, or the participant list isn't updated quickly, please don't be offended. We are happy to have everyone join us. :goodvibes Some of our other BL participants and leaders will be stopping in periodically, too.

Thanks to everyone for helping make our challenge a great one! I think we are off to a great start! :cool1:

Thanks for all involved in setting up the Spring Challenge. I am joining back in this time around, would love to make it to maintainers by the end. I'll check back in as time gets closer for this thread to get going.

Have a great trip Lisa!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter