Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge--for Losers and Maintainers

Good morning everyone.

I did this before I went to church but then I lost internet connections. Been having problems over the last coupleof days.

LTS congrats on finishing. It is great way to start. You should be proud of what you got accomplished yesterday.

dumbo_buddy Since the boys gave us the tickets I think dh and I have to pick up the tab for lunch. Ds1 has suggested Ellen's Stardust Diner. He has been there but I have never been there. I think that is where we will head to just for the atmosphere.

Today I have to go to in laws. My bil and sil came in from Kansas on Thursday and we have to visit with them today. BUT this is Memorial Day weekend. I live at the jersey shore and have to go south to visit in laws. This is not the direction you want to be headed on Memorial Day weekend. From Friday night until Monday morning you don't want to be heading south in the morning to early after noon. From Sunday afternoon to Monday night you don't want to be moving north on the parkway. They couldn't have picked another weekend.

I also found out last night that they are going to have a barbque. I was not asked to cook and I will not cook. I know I won't have much to eat since I am not interested in most of the salads. I love potato salad and macaroni salad but only the homemade variety. It is not worth eating something you really don't like.

I guess I really don't want to go because today is my birthday. I got a text from my twin at midnight from DW. She has spent her last few birthdays there while I have been stuck at home. I wish I was there but there is nothing I can do.

Well enough complaining. I ate very well yesterday except for dinner but I know I will do better today.

Off to get dressed to go to church.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Well Happy Sunday morning friends!

I have spent a few minutes here reading, trying to catch up, but I'm running out of time so I can't do a bunch of replies.

I did okay at Golden Corral last night. I had a very healthy, totally OP dinner.... fish, a bit of chicken, carrots, broccoli, brussell sprouts, a big salad. I did splurge on a bit of dessert..... but it was a deliberate decision. I certainly did NOT overeat.

I know about moving day on Monday, so I promise I'll be there with you all on Monday!

Busy, busy day again today.... off to church with DD and my parents and then off to another day of swim at Springfield College. We will head home after that tonight. I'd like to spend some time with DS tomorrow... I feel like I haven't seen much of him lately.

Then, of course, a crazy week with work and the final push for Relay next weekend.

I'll try to pop on tomorrow to say hi and catch up!...................P

Bronx Nancy and CC, I just wanted to give you a big hug. I have a great Mom (& Dad). I wish you lived close and I could share with you.
But for now, I will do for you what I have had done for me!!

CC, have you lost weight? You look marvelous! What you lost XXX lbs? Look how nice your shirt fits! I think you need a belt on those pants, girl! Today when we meet for lunch, let’s go to Max and Erma’s they have 2 awesome salads, you will love them! My treat!! Then we will walk back to my house! I am so proud of you! :love:

Nancy, You are looking so cute pregnant! I sooo can’t wait to have another Baby around to spoil. Thomas is so sweet, he will be great with the baby! Can I babysit for you when the baby comes? You can get in a walk, lunch with your girlfriends or take a nap, I am sure you will need it. I have a great new Chicken cordon Blue that is not breaded, low in calories and carbs I will make for you. I know you worked so hard to get in shape, doing your ½ marathon, I know it will help you to feel healthy and happy during your pregnancy. I am so proud of you! :cheer2:

LTS—Just want to say…so happy for you. You go girl keep walking! I had the opposite at my first 5K. I was 2nd to last to finish –behind a 8 month pregnant lady! UGH! However it was a small race and I got 2nd place in the 40-45 year old category! I had to go up front to accept my medal! LOL! I turned to hubby and said – I get a medal cause I got my “lazy a*s out of bed today!” He was mortified cause he said I was much louder than I intended and EVERYONE heard me!! :rotfl:!! It was a funny race cause there was a gift bag and we got light bulbs! The small town was home to the light bulb manufacturer! Actually one of the more practical gift bag items!

Happy Birthday Donac! pixiedust:party:I say play the bday card and do what YOU want!! Either way, make a conscious decision to enjoy yourself!!

Way to go AAMOMMA!!!

Awesome job to everyone on the BIGGEST LOSER list and everyone who stuck the challenge out. Whether you are on that list or not you made a decision to get healthier!! Way to go!! :worship:

Have a great holiday everyone!!!!!!
Nancy

Happy Birthday Dona!!!!!:cool1::cool1: I hope you have a great day! I always forget that you have a twin.

I just got home from an unplanned fun weekend trip to Washington DC, and got on the thread to catch up. And I saw that the results had been posted. I only scanned the list, and didn't see my name, and I teared up because when I saw there were 20 names I thought probably I made the list. But when I realized I was at the bottom of the list (which was a good thing this time) I REALLY teared up!!!! I know it sounds corny because I don't really know any of you, but I could not have lost this weight without you guys! (I know because I have tried many times!!!) I don't post a lot, but I do read every post - sometimes it takes me a while to get caught up - but I read EVERY one. I laugh and cry along with all of you. I applaud every one of you for deciding to make choices for a healthier lifestyle. I feel better right now than I felt in my 20s and 30s, and am sooo psyched for the next challenge to start!!!!! Thank you ALL again for being so inspiring, and sharing your struggles and successes with us here. Have a great weekend!
What a great post! I'm so glad you are feeling so healthy! And how exciting to find out you were the BIGGEST LOSER!!!! :goodvibes

Hi Lindsay! Enjoy that Disney App. What a nice story! Have fun at Nana's today!

LTS--I'm glad you got your medal! And I am proud of you for finishing! Your story brought a big smile to my face!:goodvibes

Congratulations to our top 20 and especially to aamomma!

Thanks Tracey for being our weightkeeper!

Thanks for all the support everyone! :) Rose, I was almost in tears reading your response. Thank you all. I am definitely going to be taking better care of myself. I actually exercised today. Just over 15 minutes, but it was something, and something I needed. I am hoping to go a few minutes longer tomorrow. I ate really well today too. I ended up eating 19 Points+ in total. I kept checking my journal and made good choices. I had 3 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit, plus plenty of protein and 2 servings of dairy. I even had a serving of oil. :banana: My whole grains could have been better, but I made do with what we had in the house. I may need to go to the grocery stores tomorrow. Hoping that tomorrow is just as wonderful of a day eating and exercise wise.

I'm going to go to bed now. Thanks again for all the support.
Glad you had a good day CC! And I'm glad what I said helped. I was worried that I was overstepping. Hang in there.:goodvibes

so, can we start a support group for all of us with mom issues??? this was really well said rose, and if you don't mind i will pretend you wrote it to me too. :hug:
Of course I was saying it to you too, Nancy.:hug: My Mom said to me once when I was talking to her about all the abuse that happened when we were kids that I "needed to get over it." Ok, I'm over it, I just decided to be done with her, but it still hurts. So I totally get what you all are going through. But I really believe you can get what you need from yourself and from other people. I actually feel a little sad for her now, cause she is missing out on my fabulous family.:goodvibes

Pamela--hope you have a great day! Good job at Golden Corral!:goodvibes

Bronx Nancy and CC, I just wanted to give you a big hug. I have a great Mom (& Dad). I wish you lived close and I could share with you.
But for now, I will do for you what I have had done for me!!

CC, have you lost weight? You look marvelous! What you lost XXX lbs? Look how nice your shirt fits! I think you need a belt on those pants, girl! Today when we meet for lunch, let’s go to Max and Erma’s they have 2 awesome salads, you will love them! My treat!! Then we will walk back to my house! I am so proud of you! :love:

Nancy, You are looking so cute pregnant! I sooo can’t wait to have another Baby around to spoil. Thomas is so sweet, he will be great with the baby! Can I babysit for you when the baby comes? You can get in a walk, lunch with your girlfriends or take a nap, I am sure you will need it. I have a great new Chicken cordon Blue that is not breaded, low in calories and carbs I will make for you. I know you worked so hard to get in shape, doing your ½ marathon, I know it will help you to feel healthy and happy during your pregnancy. I am so proud of you! :cheer2:

LTS—Just want to say…so happy for you. You go girl keep walking! I had the opposite at my first 5K. I was 2nd to last to finish –behind a 8 month pregnant lady! UGH! However it was a small race and I got 2nd place in the 40-45 year old category! I had to go up front to accept my medal! LOL! I turned to hubby and said – I get a medal cause I got my “lazy a*s out of bed today!” He was mortified cause he said I was much louder than I intended and EVERYONE heard me!! :rotfl:!! It was a funny race cause there was a gift bag and we got light bulbs! The small town was home to the light bulb manufacturer! Actually one of the more practical gift bag items!

Happy Birthday Donac! pixiedust:party:I say play the bday card and do what YOU want!! Either way, make a conscious decision to enjoy yourself!!

Way to go AAMOMMA!!!

Awesome job to everyone on the BIGGEST LOSER list and everyone who stuck the challenge out. Whether you are on that list or not you made a decision to get healthier!! Way to go!! :worship:

Have a great holiday everyone!!!!!!
Nancy
Nancy--this was so nice.:goodvibes

Went to the park. Mike and Tom ran and I rode my stupid bike. Stupid Judy, Stupid bike. Anyhow, it was nice to get outside. I am now icing my stuipid knee. What is the word of the day--I am having a little trouble being positive today--can you tell????:thumbsup2 I'm going to try making g-f biscuits in a bit--I have been craving biscuits.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey all you fellow LOSERS!!

I have to thank you all for the support and distraction this thread provided while I was working to lose the weight and inches!:flower3:

I didn't post up as much after our big trip in March but I did read along quite a bit and was impressed by the connections so many of you have made. :grouphug:
If you are the type who likes to read trip reports, I can't remember if I put up a link to my trip report from that, maybe I did but I added my birthday pictures fairly recently. (we cruised DCL Eastern Carib. and week in Florida for US/IOA, Discovery Cove, Sea World, etc... TR is only DCL though).
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2697513

I'm getting use to the new me, well it looks more like the old me of 15 years ago, but it is still remarkable to go shopping and find stuff up to 4 sizes smaller than last December! :woohoo:

Just last week my DD14 and I went to an Usher concert in Portland, OR.
Here we are after getting ready... She calls me her "Little Mom" although she is only 5'1" but wearing my heels (and my jeans! We share a lot!!)

DSCN0229_2.jpg

So, again thanks to you all and especially our numbers keepers Connie and Tracey and our primary organizer, Rose!:goodvibes
And HUGE congrats to all the other big Losers this round!:cheer2:

Good luck to everyone continuing on into summer with their weight loss journies. Summer is a great time to emphasize that third component of weight loss (1. diet, 2. exercise) DISTRACTION! Get outside and out of the kitchen! :thumbsup2

Have a fun summer!

Marcy

Great job to everyone! I fell off the wagon toward the end of the challenge but hope to get back on track this week.

CC -- I know what you mean about having a mom that is very negative about things. My mom isn't so much negative about the weight (she's a heavy person as well) but more so the decisions I've made in life since Josh and Maddie died. With time (and me not talking to her for months) she's gotten off her high horse (if you want to call it that) and realized that if she didn't change things then I had no problem cutting her out of my life. I had already done it with my dad and his family. It wouldn't of phased me to do it with her as well.

Tracey - I'm sorry to hear about your mom and I hope things can turn around for her.

Rose - I love the advice you gave CC!

---------------------------------------------------

Well, today was a lounge around the house in my pjs type of day. I didn't get much sleep last night due to one of the cats meowing all night. So Alan and I both dozed off around 2pm and didn't wake up til 7. Then I noticed my best friend had called so I called and talked to her for about an hour and a half. I'm more then likely just going to throw something in the microwave for dinner. I'm not in the mood to cook or even to throw on clothes to go grab something for dinner.

Tomorrow we're going to spend first half of the day at the cemetary. Then more then likely my best friend is going to come over for a few hours and we're going to hang out while Alan is up working at the shop. She's going with us in September back to Disney World so we're going to be fine tune some of our plans while she's here.

Oh, and I wanted to share something with you all that I plan on doing in January. As many of you know that's when the Princess half marathon weekend is. Well, orginally Alan was going to go with me and watch me participate in the Family 5K. Well due to some issues he's not going to be able to make that trip. My best friend can't go with me because she can't take vacation time the first quarter of the year at her job. So at first I wasn't even going to go. Well, then I decided that I would just go by myself. I can get a studio using my DVC and I'll just spend a week in Disney and kick back and relax. My one friend Shelby (who has also lost her husband) is going to be participating in the half marathon. So she may be coming down and staying with me that weekend at the resort. I don't think she'll stay the whole week but we'll get to hang out together for a few days.

Other then going to VA 6 months after they passed away to see friends this is the first time I'll have gone on a trip by myself and just done what I wanted to do. I don't know if I'll like it or not but if by chance I do I may make it an annual ritual. :) A week to myself away from reality, lol.

HI all,

Happy Memorial Day! The girls and I were just about to walk down to the parade and then we checked the radar. Rain was right on our doorstep and then it literally wrapped around us. It is starting to rain now though so I'm glad we skipped it.

Just talked to Mom. She is miserable. She is actually just really angry that no one would listen to her about how much pain she was in. She said she felt burning from the radiation and they told her it was too soon! It they had listened to her they may have stopped it after the 2nd day and she wouldn't be flat on her back. She is extremely frustrated and I can't blame her. She wants me to pick her up some tops at Macy's today. Her neighbors have been stopping in and bringing food. One keeps just walking in without knocking or ringing the bell. I told her to put a sign on the door. She thinks she's having withdrawals from some of the meds she had been on as she is having some mild hallucinations and is startled easily. She kept apologizing for crying and I told her that she can cry all she wants. We're going to send her out a package tomorrow. I will go to the post office sometime tomorrow.

We're watching Star Wars and Brian is playing a game on his computer. Ash wants my computer back. Izzie is playing a game downstairs. We're leaving here around 1ish for the mall to do our planning for the fundraiser. We have some things to picj up as well.

Ash is making some more pictures for Grammy right now.

I need to get drinking my water for hte day. I may go lie on the bed and watch something else. Not in a Star Wars mood right now!

TTFN :tigger:

Ok, I think it's time to move to the new thread. :goodvibes

I want to say congratultions again to all the Losers (and maintainers) and to everyone who is still giving it their best. Great picture, by the way, Marcy.:goodvibes

Thank you again Tracey, Dona, CC, and Connie for all their work this spring. Thank you to Lisah for helping me figure out what it was that I was doing! Thank you to Lindsay and Kathy for maintaining the QOTD. Thank you to all the coaches. I was a little apprehensive about the team challenge, but I think it worked out ok.

Ok--See you all on the BL Summer Challenge! :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41265342&postcount=1

I know we already moved, but I just wanted to get in a last few replies

Stick to just the salad bar. Maybe some white meat Rotissere chicken. Most of their veggies are swimming in butter, and their meats are fatty and often fried. Lots of carbs. Avoid the pasta salads. A good salad with fresh veggies and some deli ham is okay. They used to have sweet potatoes, not sure if they still do -- that would be good with a little margarine. Check the soup options. They may have a chili that would be okay. Their white rolls are the BEST, but not OP. I actually haven't been to a Golden Corral in years. I usually get a major stomach upset if I eat there.

I did really good at the buffet. Started with a big salad then had white meat chicken without skin, baked fish, brussel sprouts, broccoli, carrots, sauteed onions/peppers/mushrooms, more brussel sprouts, a bit of sauteed cabbage.

I did indulge in a few bits of dessert, but most of it didn't seem worth the calories (it looked great but tasted really cheap).

I would have loved a baked sweet potato, but all they had was sweet potato casserole covered with marshmallow!

I read what you said about the pineapple and mango. I know that they are very high on the GI, but it was intended to be a splurge. We are trying to stick with strawberries, blueberries, and apples for the most part. But thanks for the reminder!

Hi Teams!

Well, the good news is I only gained 3 pounds in Disney (last trip I gained 5! OYE)

We have company coming over in a little over an hour for a cook out. Then tomorrow I'm spending it unpacking and getting the house picked up. Monday, we will be spending half the day at the cemetary where my husband and daughter are buried to celebrate Memorial Day. Then we may go out to eat or come home and cook just depends on my mood Monday morning. Then Tuesday I'm starting back at the gym with my trainer. This is going to kick my butt. I've not been to the gym in over a month.

We're still in the process of looking at houses in the Orlando area and I've talked to a builder. I've not made up my mind which way I want to go. I'm also going to talk to our realtor on Tuesday and let her know what we had planned and see what advice she can give us.

I hope your Memorial day was peaceful.... full of good memories and not too much sadness.

I just got home from an unplanned fun weekend trip to Washington DC, and got on the thread to catch up. And I saw that the results had been posted. I only scanned the list, and didn't see my name, and I teared up because when I saw there were 20 names I thought probably I made the list. But when I realized I was at the bottom of the list (which was a good thing this time) I REALLY teared up!!!! I know it sounds corny because I don't really know any of you, but I could not have lost this weight without you guys! (I know because I have tried many times!!!) I don't post a lot, but I do read every post - sometimes it takes me a while to get caught up - but I read EVERY one. I laugh and cry along with all of you. I applaud every one of you for deciding to make choices for a healthier lifestyle. I feel better right now than I felt in my 20s and 30s, and am sooo psyched for the next challenge to start!!!!! Thank you ALL again for being so inspiring, and sharing your struggles and successes with us here. Have a great weekend!

You're welcome! We are glad you are here with us!

I did it! I finished a .8K today!! No, not an 8K but a POINT 8K-- 1/2 mile! DH was doing the 5K and the girls and I signed up for the Family Fun Run. They were going to stay with me but I told them to go on up ahead and go as fast as they wanted. DH walked with me the whole time. I started at the back so that I wouldn't get in anyone's way.

Here is right after the start:
IMG_1125-1.jpg

I had 3 and 4 year olds passing me like I was standing still! Pretty sure one or two infants went crawling past me at some point. . . I did manage to pass ONE person! :cheer2: See the lady in front of me with the striped hat? She was in as bad of physical shape as I was and I was able to pull past her on the home stretch (and she cheated and shortcutted by not going around the cones at the turn around!:rotfl: )

IMG_1131.jpg

I finished! No official timekeeping for the event but my time was around 11 minutes :rotfl2:. The cows cheered me on! Notice who is behind me? Yeah, nobody but the cows! The lady I passed is actually back there behind the princess cow. I finished essentially dead last but you know what? I FINISHED! My family is really happy for me.:cheer2:
IMG_1134-1-1.jpg

I was a little bummed at the end though. I had to pretty much BEG for a medal. They were handing them out as you passed the finish line. They told me the medals were only for the kids. :mad: I paid just as much as they did! Then they said I could have one after they made sure all the kids got one so they didn't run out. At which point I looked behind me and said "I am LAST! You have 10 people with hands full of them and there are no more kids out there!" So they finally gave me one. I had to ask them for water too. :sad2: I know that I really don't need the silly plastic award but it was the principle of it. It was called a "FAMILY Fun Run" . I paid almost $14 to be in the Fun Run and all we were supposed to get for it was the sticker number bib and a medal. There was no age restriction to sign up and participate. It was already a little ridiculous to pay that much for just a bib and cheap award and darn it, I EARNED that medal! It WILL be going in the scrapbook!

We had fun. DH came in much faster than he thought he would so he was happy. There is an 8K at Christmas time he is going to start working towards. I told them I was going to try for a 1 mile next time and DD said maybe I shouldn't push it and just try for a 3/4 mile! :lmao:

I'm so very, very proud of you! And you SO DESERVE that medal! Wear it (and scrap it) with pride! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

major bummer that the whale watching didn't work out. how far is it from you? will you go again and give it another try? i tend to get pretty sea sick so i avoid those things at all costs! years ago we did a whale watch in hawaii. saw two whales and i spent the rest of the time in the bathroom. yuck.:sick:

We will DEFINITELY go back. They gave us vouchers to return for free. It is about a 2 1/4 hr drive from home.... but we are so used to driving a lot, it wasn't really a big deal. DD was just SO disappointed.

I have been seasick ONCE and that was enough.... so even though it was particularly rough yesterday, I took some Bonine prophylactically and I was just fine (although several kids were sick).

how did it go at golden corrall? my favorite food is buffet. and that right there is why i have a weight problem.

Like I said above, I did really well at the buffet, considering how BADLY it could have gone. I did have some dessert, but it was a conscious decision and not an impulse. Thankfully there were PLENTY of healthy choices!******************************************************

well, shame on me, i didn't take rose's advice to wait 5 minutes before eating AT ALL yesterday. i really am ashamed of myself over how much i ate yesterday. i mean, even people were saying to me how i must have been hungry because i ate so much. :sad1: it was actually disgusting. i wasn't even hungry. i don't know. maybe something was bothering me? was i feeling a little stressed? i'm not sure. we had a nice time at the pig roast. so why eat so much.

let me give you an example. after my second huge plate of food that was piled so high it almost dropped, they had brownies out. the brownies went fast and by the time i went over they were gone. so what did i do? i decided to head over to the deli, buy a big brownie for myself and two boxes of cookies (you konw, to make it seems like i wasnted to make sure everyone got a dessert). really? like that was necessary??

i'm still not really looking pregnant. and i didn't tell anyone. my one girlfriend who knows said, "oh i can tell now that you're preggo" but that was after all that food and i just really had a food baby.

today's a new day. john is taking thomas to church and i'm going to go for a walk around maritime college. i'm still so full and gross that i'm pretty sure if i jogged i'd hurl. we're going to go to the zoo which means we always get breakfast there aka bad stuff. i need to learn to stop! at least we'll walk around alot, right?

i'm up another 1.5 lbs - that's up from the 7 i gained on vacation.

ugh, feeling sorry for myself big time. i'm only doing it to myself.:headache:

:hug: Don't beat yourself up too badly. Tomorrow is a fresh day, with no mistakes in it, right??

**********Okay.... I'm off to check out the new thread!............P

:cool1:
Biggest Loser 11 Spring 2011 FINAL RESULTS
:cool1:

:worship:Here are the TOP 20 Biggest Losers!:worship:

#20- tggrrstarr 8.04%
#19- poochie 8.11%
#18- Kanga+2Roos 8.27%
#17- missoutandabout 9.04%
#16- sparks19 9.43%
#15- dis-happy 9.49%
#14- KristiMc 9.51%
#13- Surferstitch16 10.0%
#12- TimonTracy 10.37%
#11- DisneylandEmily 10.69%
#10- karliebug 11.37%
#9- GoodMorningDewDrop 11.66%
#8 – disney1990 11.88%
#7- lovetoscrap 11.93%
#6- happymatt 12.17%
#5- PrincessNancy 12.43%
#4- ScubaD 13.6%
#3- pjstevens 14.22%
#2- Stinasmom 14.29%

AND THE BIGGEST LOSER for the SPRING 2011 Challenge is:

:cheer2:aamomma with an astounding 16.25% loss!!!!!:cheer2:

Congratulations to all of you! You all should be very proud of yourselves!

I have enjoyed working with all of you! I have cheered you when you PMed me your losses and shared in your frustration when you had to post a gain!

It has been an honor to be your weightkeeper! Please treat DONAC well in the next challenge!

Thanks and TTFN :tigger:

I don't get here all weekend (had a wonderful weekend with hubby being off the entire weekend, which just doesn't happen) and so excited to see I finished so well. :yay::yay:

I've been plugging away and my official lost since starting December 30th is 33 lbs!!! I bought a new bathing suit this weekend (without a skirt attached)! Going to run over to the summer challenge so I can keep on track with this.

I did it! I finished a .8K today!! No, not an 8K but a POINT 8K-- 1/2 mile! DH was doing the 5K and the girls and I signed up for the Family Fun Run. They were going to stay with me but I told them to go on up ahead and go as fast as they wanted. DH walked with me the whole time. I started at the back so that I wouldn't get in anyone's way.

Congrats!!!! You did it!!!! Way to go and it makes no difference how fast or slow you went, you crossed that finish line and darn well deserved that medal! congrats again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter