Biggest Loser 10 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers :)

QOTD for Wednesday, September 22: Post your favorite recipe, requiring 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices and oils)

I am not a cook. I don't have any particularly original recipes. Here's what I had for breakfast this morning:

1/2 cup dry oats (any variety)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs all-natural fruit spread

Prepare oatmeal according to package directions. Stir in vanilla and fruit spread.

It's just an easy way to flavor and sweeten plain oatmeal. This is what I've been eating lately before a morning run and then I have a couple of boiled eggs for protein after my run.

I had a really good run this evening. In the same 1 hour of run time (run 4, walk 1, 12 times) that I've been doing for the past several weeks and covering between 4.75 (in extreme heat) and 5.25 on the better days, I covered 5.7 miles tonight. I didn't get started until nearly dark (with mace in one hand and flashlight in the other), so the temperature was much nicer than it has been. I'd been conserving plenty of energy today, too, spending the entire day on the couch with DD. I really do wonder though if the sprint training I've been doing for the past couple weeks has really improved my speed. I could really feel myself running faster. I'm sure the improvement came from all of it together, and it felt pretty dang great.

Unless DD wakes up completely fever free in the morning, I'll be spending the day at home again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll behave slightly less like bum and I'll actually logon and do some of my work that I'm falling behind on.

Y'all have a great night. :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!

It is 12:15 AM and I got home from the ER about 20 minutes ago. I read what I missed this afternoon and will reply in the morning.

I went to my PCP's office and the APRN I saw recommended X-rays. Then, based on the results, the recommendation was to go to the ER. I have a fracture in one of the bones on my left foot. I am now in a cast-like thing that cannot get wet and worst of all, I cannot exercise for at least 4 weeks. Cam, I don't know how you made it through without exercise. I can do upper body strength training, so that'll be my 20 minutes for at least the next 4 weeks. Oh well. I'm lucky it isn't worse. Still working on using crutches-I have a feeling that will take a few days.

Okay. I am exhausted and need to get some sleep. I will catch up on the thread in the morning. I have a great (IMO) recipe in mind too!

Thanks for all the concern today!

CC

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – can re-start at any time, though :goodvibes
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know and you’ll be marked excused :goodvibes

First some stats

MAINTAINERS:
(staying within 2 lbs of their maintain weight is successfully maintaining!)
# of Maintainers Reporting In & Successfully Maintaining: 3
(congrats 50sjayne & Rose&Mike!)

LOSERS:
Current Participants-------------76!
not reporting in for 1 week------ 9
not reporting in for 2 weeks------ 12
not reporting in for 3 weeks------ n/a
Excused------------------------- 3
weigh ins----------------------- 52
gains---------------------------- 7
maintains------------------------ 5
losses-------------------------- 36
new or returning members -------- 5

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge Week 2!
This week’s group loss = 56.9 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost 0.65 %
:cool1:
Total group weight loss so far 127.1 pounds!
How soon will we reach 250lbs? :goodvibes
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: AWESOME!

Retention Rate (compared to the 67 weighins for our start weigh-in on Sept 3)
(52+3+3)/ 67 = 82% :goodvibes (this includes the Losers and Maintainer and Excused people!)

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet. (btw if its been more than 1 week between weigh-ins, then the % loss is divided by the number of weeks, to keep everybody on the same basis)

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 1? This time I’ve done a TOP 10 LIST ! That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!;);):rotfl: (and if there’s something you want to know, just ask me!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 1 Superstars!!
#10- 1.39% - goldcupmom
#9- 1.47% - disneymom2one
#8- 1.49% - debsters41
#7- 1.50% - lisah0711
#6- 1.55% - KristiMc
#5- 1.60% - dvccruiser76
#4- 1.71% - momof2gr8kids
#3- 1.75% - my3princes
#2- 2.34% - Connie96
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 2 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.71% - cclovesdis

Quote from Dare2Dream: How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!
Congratulations cclovesdis !!! :cool1:
What a great week you had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser. Wear it with pride this week! :goodvibes:

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by

or we have a medium version

31040weeklyBLmed.jpg

or use this
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by

and we have a small version

31040weeklyBLsm.jpg

or use
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great! ::yes::

NOW FOR THOSE OF US WHO SET A GOAL FOR THE CHALLENGE!

NOTE: this list includes participants who have reported in within the last 3weeks, once someone misses 3 weigh-ins they are dropped from this report.
How this works: you set your goal for what to lose in the challenge. Then I calculate your weight loss in the challenge divided by your goal to get a % to goal.
Anybody can change their goal at anytime (or add a goal) – all you have to do is send me a PM.
Since the goals are an individual thing, the list is just in alphabetical order to make it easier for everybody to find their own name. If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know. :goodvibes
We have done 2 out of 15 weeks, so the challenge is 13% complete.

aamomma 20.0
boltfan 8.0
carmiedog 3.7
Chicogirl 40.0
corinnak 15.4
Cupcaker 18.8
Dahly 7.3
Daphne 0.0
devonsmommy 7.5
disneymom2one 39.2
DisneyObsession 16.7
Dreamer24 3.2
dvccruiser76 22.7
flipflopmom -16.7
goldcupmom 14.6
happysmyly -11.5
jenanderson 35.0
JOANNEL 17.5
keenercam 0.8
liesel 6.7
lisah0711 18.3
lovedvc -2.0
MacG 0.0
MickeyMagic 34.4
mikamah 22.7
mommyof2Pirates 12.0
momof2gr8kids 17.0
my3princes 30.3
NC_Tink 13.7
pinkle 0.0
Sarah's Mom -5.0
SettingSail 20.0
stitch'sgirl 0.0
tggrrstarr 11.4
tigger813 13.1
tiki23 1.7
tmclanton 9.1
Worfiedoodles 28.0

I really do think that we all have it in us to be like Bree and so many others here --the very struggles that can bring us to our knees can also be the obstacles that we climb over, push through, or kick out of our way. And when we do, guess what? We have moved that much further ahead on our journey. It may be a tiny step, some small progress, but it is further than we were when we were standing behind that obstacle with it blocking our way.
BY keenercam

sending out pixie dust to everybody who is needing some!

Enjoying getting on her a bit more; its much easier now that we are staying at the inlaws with wireless internet :goodvibes.
Tonight we took the girls out to get paint colour ideas for their new rooms, and ended up buying some wall stickers for them. DH & I are in discussions for the colour for the living room and our room. We are debating on ripping out the living room carpet now and changing it to hardwood or just waiting for a while. Looking at another 3 weeks probably before we get moved into it. In the meantime, we'll be looking after the inlaws house & dog.

Tonight I went to my first "intro to belly dancing" class. It runs for 1 hour a week for 4 weeks, and I was the only student, so it was great personalized instruction. It was fun, and some things felt good, and some things I really just didn't get, but it was enjoyable exercise :goodvibes

Gotta get to bed, so not too many comments on all the posts you wonderful people have shared.

Tomorrow will get donuts for DS21 to take to the Mid-High where he is leading 'meet you at the pole'.
My Anna Kathryn and 2 of her best friends are leading this at our school this am. :littleangel:

I had a really good run this evening. In the same 1 hour of run time (run 4, walk 1, 12 times) that I've been doing for the past several weeks and covering between 4.75 (in extreme heat) and 5.25 on the better days, I covered 5.7 miles tonight. I didn't get started until nearly dark (with mace in one hand and flashlight in the other), so the temperature was much nicer than it has been.
Great job Connie! I would end up spraying myself with the mace. I did one time with pepper spray!:lmao:

Then, based on the results, the recommendation was to go to the ER. I have a fracture in one of the bones on my left foot. I am now in a cast-like thing that cannot get wet and worst of all, I cannot exercise for at least 4 weeks. CC
So sorry CC!:hug: I'm glad you got it checked out, sorry it was broken. Congrats on being BL!

Tonight I went to my first "intro to belly dancing" class. It runs for 1 hour a week for 4 weeks, and I was the only student, so it was great personalized instruction. It was fun, and some things felt good, and some things I really just didn't get, but it was enjoyable exercise
You will have the tiniest waist! You'll be putting the belly dancer at Marakesh in WDW to shame! Sounds like a lot of fun, and I love your take on the "personalized instruction" I probably would have been initimidated. That doesn't look spelled correctly, but you get what I mean!

I woke up today to my summer goal finally being reached, 35 total lbs lost!!!! Within a week I should be saying bye-bye to the 140’s and hellooooo to the 130’s.
WONDERFUL!! I can't wait to say hello to the 140s!

"Fighter" came up on the rotation. I've decided to dedicate these lyrics to this troublesome knee (LOL!!):
That's awesome! Who is it by?
I chose not to give him his ADHD meds today since he was off schedule. I am totally paying for it now. He is bouncing off the walls and eating everything in sight :headache: I forgot how much those meds help him.
BTDT! We try not to give it to her on weekends so she can catch up on sleep and eating, but we usually pay the consequences!

On the appetite thing, though, there are days I really worry about his failure to eat while on the meds. On Sunday, he took his meds when he got up around 10 am because he had so much homework to do (we don't mind if he doesn't take it on the weekends); he still didn't want to eat anything by about 4 pm, when I absolutely insisted.

on the same note, I pack AK a granola bar and apple for lunch. I quit paying for school lunch, b/c she would only eat a bite or two, and usually of the most unhealthy thing on the tray. Most days, they come back in the bookbag. Once they wear off after school, she eats non stop until bed some days, especially gymnastics day!

He was sooooo active in high school, and he just seems to be running into road blocks with the activities he is interested in. Friday night he had another disappointment--hence the drama. We talked about it a lot this weekend, and I even threw in a little tough love,;) and he seems to be back on track. It was hard, because I still just want to fix everything for him.
We kind of went through this with AK when we were seeing a lack of committment and desire for gymnastics. She said "If I quit, who would I be? I am a gymnast. I am the only gymnast in the county..." It's amazing how much of their identity is tied to activities... It's kinda scary, I am hoping she start cheering in high school, she wants to cheer for VT. That would help her have an outlet in college, as she's not likely to get a gymnastics scholarship.

Geez - I have a hard time answering this one b/c so many are my favorites! I HAVE to have the frozen coffee at the bakery on Main Street - it is the only place that I have ever seen it available
TOTALLY going on my list of stuff to try next time!

Yesterday's QOTD: Lapu Lapu and bread pudding at Ohana, Dole Whip. I wouldn't want them available, I did get the bread pudding recipe at Ohana, but I haven't made it yet. It has to bake for an hour, and it's been too hot to heat up the kitchen like that. Maybe this summer.

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. I woke up with terrible stomach pains. I was feeling stressed and anxious, so I attributed it to nerves. Went on to work, by 9 I was naseous, by 9:30 I was asking for a sub through clenched teeth biting back getting sick. Barely made it home. They got someone to cover for me until lunch when the sub got there, so I only had to take a half day. I only got sick that time, and again right after Dh left. Still feel a bit...bubbly, but I need to go in today. We're doing our mega planning for next six weeks.

I slept all day. Bummer to sleep through a day off. Fell asleep on the couch after I got sick, sent AK to bed, DH had taken Sophie to MIL for the night. Stayed on the couch all night with all the lights on:laughing:. House is a disaster! Slept til 2, went back to sleep until 5:30. I should be caught up now!

To add to what I said yesterday, when I got to school, someone had given me a piece of paper saying "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect and hold you." I thought I'd share, since a lot of you seemed to identify.

Stomach is beginning to hurt again. Great. Hope I can make it through the day.

Hope you all have a great day!
Taryn

QOTD: I've got this one and it's healthy. I may just have to make it for supper again soon. I got it from one of those little Pillsbury cookbooks they have in the checkout line at the grocery store. It's called "Good for You" meals.

1/4 lb smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves. cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups Old El Paso Salsa
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
1 cup water
Hot pepper sauce, if desired

1) Spray large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage and chicken; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

2)Add salsa, rice and water; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until rice is tender. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with hot pepper sauce.

It makes 4 (1 1/2 cup) servings

270 calories and 25 from fat

It's really easy and quite tasty. Use your favorite salsa.

Finished close to 2 miles. The counter on the elliptical kept resetting. Not sure if the batteries are dying or the cover is just loose. I tried taping it and I'll see what happens when I use it again at 12:30.

DD1 and I are off to the wc for our healthy breakfast. I'm going to clean and watch BL this morning. I watched the first 2 cities on it last night but wanted to save it for this morning while cleaning the living room and dining room.

I think we'll have Trader Joe's chicken yellow curry for supper. I have chicken defrosted and I know it's something that DD1 will eat. We'll have it on egg noodles or white rice.

I'll check in again later after my 5K and my house is cleaned.

I had a really good run this evening.

Unless DD wakes up completely fever free in the morning, I'll be spending the day at home again tomorrow.

Great Run Connie! I hope DD feels better soon.

I have a fracture in one of the bones on my left foot. I am now in a cast-like thing that cannot get wet and worst of all, I cannot exercise for at least 4 weeks.

Aww CC I am so sorry to hear about your foot. That really stinks. I hope the 4 weeks goes fast for you and that you heal quickly. :hug:

Tonight I went to my first "intro to belly dancing" class. It runs for 1 hour a week for 4 weeks, and I was the only student, so it was great personalized instruction. It was fun, and some things felt good, and some things I really just didn't get, but it was enjoyable exercise :goodvibes

Glad to hear things are slowing down a little for you shannon. Picking out paint colors is so much fun. I hope the girls are adjusting well to the move.
Belly dancing. Now that sounds like fun. I guess all the other students were at Zumba.:lmao: Pretty cool that you got the one on one time with the instructor.

I am having a slow start to my morning. Just cant get moving today. I have a meeting tonight at work so I will be there a few extra hours anyway so I am in no rush to get into the office.
My stomach feels like crap last night and today. Not sure what it is??? Hopefully after breakfast it feels better. I really feel like just laying in bed all day and watching tv.

This week seems to be really dragging. I guess its because I am anxious for the weekend. Well hopefully today at least I will get some good news. I have been waiting to hear about a promotion I am waiting for. I know I am getting it I am just waiting for the start date and new salary. I am hoping its a decent increase. I am going from a site manager at our office to a practice manager which is not much different that when I am already doing its just that I wont have to report to anyone I will be the ultimate boss.:lmao: I am thinking I should hear hopefully sometime this week.

QOTD-

Chicken w/ onions and peppers

Boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into cubes)
vidalia onion
red pepper
green pepper
garlic

put 1tsp of olive oil in pan and heat.
cut onion, peppers and garlic into small pieces and sautee
when veggies are 1/2 way done put in chicken pieces
cook all together until chicken is done and veggies are soft

Eat alone or over a cup of pasta or brown rice.

I eat this meal often. Its healthy and quick too!

I do not really have any recipes, at least not for healthy things! I will share my favorite way to make baked chicken.

Cut the fat off of skinless chicken breasts. Marinate in lemon just for a few hours. Cover in lemon pepper seasoning (we use mccormicks) and bake at 450 (covered) for about 35-40 minutes.

It is 12:15 AM and I got home from the ER about 20 minutes ag0 . . .I have a fracture in one of the bones on my left foot. I am now in a cast-like thing that cannot get wet and worst of all, I cannot exercise for at least 4 weeks.

Sorry to hear this! I hope it heals fast - hopefully after you see the orthopedist you will get a regular cast - I can't imagine how hard it must be to shower with those temporary ones on -

Hope you feel better soon too!

Today is the first day of my favorite season!!! I have so much to do today and I am feeling very overwhelmed, but at least I already got my walk in for the day -

Congratulations to all our superstars and especially to our biggest loser, cclovesdisney! :cool1:

That was a good way to end your bad day with your foot, CC. I'm glad that you got it checked out and taken care of quickly. Hopefully it will speed your recovery! :flower3:

:wave2: Hi redwalker! Nice to see you and hear about your sweet new puppy. All those miles that you log will help with that "puppiness." ;) Enjoy your birthday bash and we will be sure and send you birthday greetings on Saturday!

Connie96, thanks for the book review! Hope that your DD feels better soon. Don't worry about not getting things done at home. Your number one job now is taking care of your little one -- all that other stuff will still be there later. I can't wait to get out my measuring tape on Friday for WIN! :yay:

At least you'll be moving. That is really what matters. So glad you had a good workout. Think you should send a hate text to your trainer from your muscles? LOL!

:laughing: I considered it but I'm afraid it will just egg her on. :scared: I'm also afraid since the Biggest Loser contest starts at the gym on Saturday so next week I have two sessions with her -- my own session on Monday and a last chance workout at 5:30 am on Wednesday she would give me the double-whammy! :rotfl2:

Lisah-Congratulations on an 8 pound loss already! I am in awe of how well you do! What's the biggest thing you think is keeping you successful right now?

Glad the biopsy and monitoring worked out, Lisa! :flower3:

I think my success so far this challenge is a combination of things. First, I typically start strong in these challenges -- I get that coaching boost right off the bat because I usually coach the first week. Second, I have the Princess 1/2 in about five months. That is really good motivation for me to make sure that I have the training to get through those 13 miles with my friends. princess: I've increased my long activity days from two to three days a week to five days. That is a big help. Last, but not least, I'm just ready. Ready to be out of the 200's and have a real shot at it. Maybe I had an "ah-ha moment" and missed it but the effect is the same? :confused3

It sounds like you are doing a great job keeping on track, too! :goodvibes

Maria, don't worry about catching up. Just hop on in! You'll have a lot of new interesting shows to watch when you are on your treadmill! :thumbsup2

Ran 5.3 on the dreadmill today. I am working on my tempo runs and was able to do it about 9:45. I really, really want to keep my half at 10 - 10:15 min miles but am afraid that I am not ready for it (yes, I'm whining. But I am afraid to feel confident, you know??) The half is on Oct 10. It seemed like so long away for so long - and now it seems way, way too close!!:scared1:

Aren't yu the old person who did so well on her PSTs a couple of weeks ago? ;) Sounds like you are getting close to being ready for your race to me! :daisy:

dona, hope your day is less busy today! :flower3:

It wasn't anyone here--sorry if that was confusing. It was some comments that one of the parents made this weekend. He started off telling me I looked great, that I'd lost 1/2 my body, asked me if I'd been sick, then told me I looked 20 years younger. I had been feeling pretty good about myself until he started talking, then I started feeling like I must have been really awful looking last year. Anyhow, just trying to wrap my head around it...

:hug: Rose. Sorry about that guy's insensitive remarks. I'd try to brush them off. It sounds like he was trying to be complementary. You're only going to see him two or three more times in your life anyway. Hope the foot feels better. You will be ready to rock n' roll at the Wine & Dine soon! :woohoo:

cruisindisney, glad that the doctor found some medicine that might help. :hug: about the heart murmur. Hopefully it is just the genetic thing and it's good to get it check out.

The frozen coffee is like a blended iced coffee - or a coffee margarita, lol. Found out last month that it counts as a snack on the meal plan - if I had known that all along guess where my family's 36 snacks would have been spent??

I will look for this at Disneyland in a couple of weeks.

Tracey, do they have something at the Wellness Center that you could take to have later in the day in case you get too busy to eat?

QOTD for Wednesday, September 22: Post your favorite recipe, requiring 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices and oils)

Easy crockpot chile verde pork
1 2 lb pork roast, trimmed of fat
1 white onion
1 bottle green chile verde salsa
cumin

Chop onion and place pork roast on top. Add salsa and a dash of cumin. Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred cooked pork in crockpot and serve with tortillas and your choice of condiments.

As everyone is posting these delicious recipes, don't forget to add them to our Biggest Loser Recipe thread here:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36324235&postcount=1
Thank you, Rose, for maintaining this thread for us! :flower3:

:woohoo:, goldcupmom, on clothes being too big!

Belly dancing sounds like fun, Shannon! :banana:

Taryn, hope that you are feeling better soon. Sounds like you needed that rest. :hug:

Lindsay, congrats on the upcoming promotion! :goodvibes

I have an all day meeting today so may not be back on until tomorrow. Have a great day all!

Lisa- I could go back at lunch time to have a protein shake if I wanted to. DH and I eat a lot of WW and LC meals though we try and be careful with the sodium. That's the only problem with the yellow chicken curry I'm having tonight. It's LOADED with sodium so I definitely need to drink extra water today.

The stuff at the WC is all Herbalife products that I do plan on purchasing in the next few weeks so I can do it at home. I will just buy the aloe and the shake mixes.

I asked this morning and the coordinator of the WC said there are many centers in the Hartford, CT area, one near UConn. She has a coordinator friend who I can get contact info for if you want to check out the ones down there.

I'm starting the weight loss challenge at the WC tonight. I will alternate between Wed and Thurs night meetings. Cash prizes are inspiring and the extra money would be great for Christmas and after. I'm going to work really hard the next 70 days until my trip. I've got 2 5Ks planned and I will walk at least 2 nights a week at the track and also do the elliptical every morning and also get into some other workouts. I hope to start doing the EA Sports Active again. Also Redwalker and I are going to walk once a week.

Have a great day everyone. I just finished my green tea and am watching BL from last night while cleaning. I won't be back on again until after my house is cleaned and I've done my 5K while watching Y&R! Maybe I'll have another cup of tea!

Oh, Doctor update. She gave me 3 different allergy med samples and some pain meds for my head. If it's not better by Wednesday I go back. I didn't wake up with a headache this morning, so that is improvement. Bad news is that she heard a heart murmur. I have an echo cardiogram on Thursday. She said it could be nothing, but she would feel better if we did the test. My son and father both have murmurs, so odds are it's genetic and no biggie, but better safe than sorry! Good news, she called me skinny and I have lost 80 lbs from my highest weight! :woohoo:
Yea on the 80 pounds--that's awesome! :hug: Hope the echo goes well. A couple of us have irregular heart beats. Mine was diagnosed this spring. Mostly it's just a pain but it was scary to go through. Having the echo really helped to relax my fears. I feel fortunate to know that my heart is strong, I just need to take good care of it.:goodvibes

Okay... I'll bring the couscous salad and seltzer cupcakes..... Rose can bring the vegetarian lasagna, tigger813 can bring the booze.... she always has some amazing sounding cocktail on the menu! And we will be SURE that mikamah does NOT bring those carmelitas she made last weekend!! They sound absolutely decadent!!

I'll talk to you all later!...............P
:thumbsup2 Oh, vegetarian lasagna sounds so good. If only it would cool off enough to turn the oven on....

Connie--hope DD feels better. :hug: Great job on the run!

CC--:cool1: for being the biggest loser! I'm sorry about the foot. Just keep telling yourself that the treadmill and elliptical will be waiting for you when your foot is better.:hug:

Shannon--I am so impressed that you went to a belly dancing class. I still get very nervous about trying new things. Sounds like you had fun!

Taryn--feel better!

Lindsey--Congrats on the promotion!:hug:

I think my success so far this challenge is a combination of things. First, I typically start strong in these challenges -- I get that coaching boost right off the bat because I usually coach the first week. Second, I have the Princess 1/2 in about five months. That is really good motivation for me to make sure that I have the training to get through those 13 miles with my friends. princess: I've increased my long activity days from two to three days a week to five days. That is a big help. Last, but not least, I'm just ready. Ready to be out of the 200's and have a real shot at it. Maybe I had an "ah-ha moment" and missed it but the effect is the same? :confused3

I have an all day meeting today so may not be back on until tomorrow. Have a great day all!

I think there is a lot to be said for just "being ready." It's hard to define what that means, but I really feel like I had a mind shift this time. It hasn't always been easy, but it definitely feels different this time.

We had a good run last night. Not real fast, but it was 94 when we started and 88 at the finish. I think over the 4 miles we were at an 11:15 pace. I desparately need to get organized for our trip next week. So that's on the agenda for today. DS texted me last night that he is not going to Auburn this weekend to see his BFF. They were going to go to the football game, but couldn't get tickets. I just keep reading things into everything he says, which I need to stop doing. It took 3 miles of running before I felt destressed, and by bed time I was keyed up again. My boss has two boys about the same age and she said that's just what we do--we worry about our kids.:goodvibes The good news is I am not at all stressed about the race, since I'm using all my stress energy to worry about DS.:thumbsup2 Ok, I'm going to eat breakfast and head to the Y. Have a great day!

Hi Everyone,

I am up and cannot do much of anything today. I'm sure you will see a lot of me today. I will be studying absolute value today in an attempt to be productive. I'm really quite miserable. I can't go down stairs, so I can't even bring my laundry to the laundry room. My weights are in the basement, so I have to wait until my father gets home a) he can get them from the basement and b) he can help me off the floor when I am done. My mom was great and left me 2 pieces of fruit and a bottle of water to eat throughout the day.

I replied first using Word and have to go back into bed and elevate my foot more than I am now at my desk so I apologize. No smilies.

Thanks again for yesterday!

Have a great day, OP, accident free day everyone!

CC

I had to pick my DD up early yesterday too and we're home today. She has a fever, but no other symptoms so we're just trying to wait it out.

How is DD feeling?

Some of you may remember that during the Summer Challenge, I had said that I would give you a synopsis of a book I read – “Ready, Set, Go! Synergy Fitness for Time-Crunched Adults” by Phil Campbell. Well, I never got around to doing that and I would like to rectify that.

Thanks for sharing! Have to see if the library has this one too.

QOTD Sunday: My Aha experience last year was getting a biopsy. I had a cyst that was discovered last year and was being monitored. I had increased my activity and improved my diet but it wasn't enough. The whole biopsy experience showed me that I needed to step it up. I have this year, and my scan in April was clean :thumbsup2.

That’s awesome!

I almost gave in, but decided on yogurt and strawberries instead. I feel much better.

WTG!

Eating a little better each day, but no official running workouts for me until Thursday. Yesterday I did 72 minutes of office laps, I had yoga today and 35 minutes of office laps. I'm hoping for more office laps tomorrow, since they seem to be reliable! :thumbsup2

Sounds like some great workouts to me!

Busy few nights coming up. Tomorrow night is 6th grade Open house at DD's school. So far she really likes middle school - I hope it stays this happy!!

A happy DD in middle school! Aww, the memories of middle school. You are very lucky!

Good luck with your half in Oct.

I had one of those days. I have someone who is going to be observing my classes this semester. I told her to come in this monring. Boy I didn't think this one out. I had my lesson plans to do, two tests to write up and too many papers on my desk that have to be graded. By having her come in today meant that I would have no free time at all. I got some things done but I still have one more test to write up before go to bed.

I just want to say thank you for taking on a student observer! One of the hardest parts of undergrad was arranging to observe in classrooms. Sorry it was such a busy day. (Also, FWIW, I’m pretty sure that I was asked to grade papers when I was observing, if that helps you at all.)

Well I'm caught up from today. I might just give up on catching up from the weekend. I have been so hungry today, don't know what that's about. I need some pixie dust--my foot is now sore. Hoping it's nothing, but we go to W&D next week. I am so paranoid about injuries.

Oh, I wanted to tell you about the parent's weekend 5k. We ran 3 to the race. About a 1/2 hour later ran the race. DS ran with us for the first half and then went ahead. He ended up a few minutes ahead of us. Oh to be young and not have to train.... This woman went to pass me right at the end and I heard her and took off. There is no way she was passing me right at the finish. Anyhow, I now have a new high for my max heartrate. And really I felt pretty good. I would love to have a max heart rate test done. About an hour after the race we walked ds back to his dorm and then ran 2.5. So we ended up with 8.5 of running, and who knows how much walking for the day. This weekend we only go 6 and next week we taper for the race.

Sounds like a great run during parents’ weekend!

Sending PD for your foot!

Hope things pick up for DS!

Sorry about that “guy.” Honestly.

Oh, Doctor update. She gave me 3 different allergy med samples and some pain meds for my head. If it's not better by Wednesday I go back. I didn't wake up with a headache this morning, so that is improvement. Bad news is that she heard a heart murmur. I have an echo cardiogram on Thursday. She said it could be nothing, but she would feel better if we did the test. My son and father both have murmurs, so odds are it's genetic and no biggie, but better safe than sorry! Good news, she called me skinny and I have lost 80 lbs from my highest weight! :woohoo:

“Skinny!” That’s great! I couldn’t be happier for you.

Hope the allergy meds help! Good luck with the echo!

Any chance you still own an oldfashioned VCR? You could record Glee that way. We still do that around here sometimes. We have two TVs with DVR (Dish Network) and one TV in the playroom with basic cable. If we get an overlap of good shows, sometimes we throw a tape in the old VCR and get it rolling!!

I second the VCR! I have no idea what a DVR is! But, I’m guessing the 6-year-old next door could explain it to me!

I wouldn't have thought so either, but our waiter INSISTED that we try it - it was amazing - it is served chilled and was savory not sweet - oh how I wish I had asked for the recipe! I have looked for it on the internet but so far no luck? Did anyone else here sail on the Wonder this August and try it??

Sounds delicious!

Walked about 8 miles total today!

WTG!

Disclaimer: I am 100% Italian

Chicken Cacciatore

1 ½ pounds of chicken breast cut into small pieces (we try to use tenderloins, saves on work and often cheaper)

Any or all of the following veggies: broccoli, sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, summer squash

Canned pasta sauce (see below)

Here is how I make it:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray.
If you are using peppers and/or onions, add them now. Allow to cook for at least 10 minutes. If not, add the chicken. Cook until at least partially cooked.
Add the sauce and the veggies. You may have to pre-cook some of the veggies in boiling water first.
Serve over whole wheat pasta (or nothing at all).

Here’s how my parents make it:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add at least a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Add peppers and onions, if using. Otherwise add chicken and follow as indicated above.
Serve over pasta.

The other thing you can do is use crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes, but that would require you to cook them separately together and then add to the meat/veggies just before you are ready to serve.
In between errands, I started going thru winter clothes in my closet as I want to weed out before garage sale mid October. Was happy to get rid of some stuff that is too big. And amazed that stuff that 'almost fit' and the waist was in the right spot, as I am a bit smaller, the waist is getting higher! :scared1: :scared1:

Yay for tag sales and selling now “too big” clothes!

I had a really good run this evening. In the same 1 hour of run time (run 4, walk 1, 12 times) that I've been doing for the past several weeks and covering between 4.75 (in extreme heat) and 5.25 on the better days, I covered 5.7 miles tonight. I didn't get started until nearly dark (with mace in one hand and flashlight in the other), so the temperature was much nicer than it has been.

Nice run!

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 1 Superstars!!
#10- 1.39% - goldcupmom
#8- 1.49% - debsters41
#7- 1.50% - lisah0711
#6- 1.55% - KristiMc
#5- 1.60% - dvccruiser76
#3- 1.75% - my3princes
#2- 2.34% - Connie96
and now
Week 2 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.71% - cclovesdis

Congrats to all our top 10!

Sounds like fun!

So sorry CC!:hug: I'm glad you got it checked out, sorry it was broken. Congrats on being BL!

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. I woke up with terrible stomach pains. I was feeling stressed and anxious, so I attributed it to nerves. Went on to work, by 9 I was naseous, by 9:30 I was asking for a sub through clenched teeth biting back getting sick. Barely made it home. They got someone to cover for me until lunch when the sub got there, so I only had to take a half day. I only got sick that time, and again right after Dh left. Still feel a bit...bubbly, but I need to go in today. We're doing our mega planning for next six weeks.

I slept all day. Bummer to sleep through a day off. Fell asleep on the couch after I got sick, sent AK to bed, DH had taken Sophie to MIL for the night. Stayed on the couch all night with all the lights on:laughing:. House is a disaster! Slept til 2, went back to sleep until 5:30. I should be caught up now!

Thanks Taryn!

Glad you got some sleep! Hope you are feeling well today!

I think we'll have Trader Joe's chicken yellow curry for supper. I have chicken defrosted and I know it's something that DD1 will eat. We'll have it on egg noodles or white rice.

Do you buy a sauce from TJ’s?

Aww CC I am so sorry to hear about your foot. That really stinks. I hope the 4 weeks goes fast for you and that you heal quickly. :hug:

This week seems to be really dragging. I guess its because I am anxious for the weekend. Well hopefully today at least I will get some good news. I have been waiting to hear about a promotion I am waiting for. I know I am getting it I am just waiting for the start date and new salary. I am hoping its a decent increase. I am going from a site manager at our office to a practice manager which is not much different that when I am already doing its just that I wont have to report to anyone I will be the ultimate boss.:lmao: I am thinking I should hear hopefully sometime this week.

Thanks Lindsay!

Good vibes for the promotion, raise, and finding out soon!

Sorry to hear this! I hope it heals fast - hopefully after you see the orthopedist you will get a regular cast - I can't imagine how hard it must be to shower with those temporary ones on -

Thanks! And, thanks for the reminder to call the specialist. Not sure what kind of specialist it is, but I do know that he specializes in feet. Don’t think he’s a podiatrist either.

Congratulations to all our superstars and especially to our biggest loser, cclovesdisney! :cool1:

That was a good way to end your bad day with your foot, CC. I'm glad that you got it checked out and taken care of quickly. Hopefully it will speed your recovery! :flower3:

Thanks! I am, as much as I know I’ll be bored and in desperate need of exercise for the next 4 or more weeks, glad that I got it checked out.

That's the only problem with the yellow chicken curry I'm having tonight. It's LOADED with sodium so I definitely need to drink extra water today.

I asked this morning and the coordinator of the WC said there are many centers in the Hartford, CT area, one near UConn. She has a coordinator friend who I can get contact info for if you want to check out the ones down there.

Interesting to know, in light of my previous question.

Thanks for the info! UCONN is pretty close to me, so that would be great!

CC--:cool1: for being the biggest loser! I'm sorry about the foot. Just keep telling yourself that the treadmill and elliptical will be waiting for you when your foot is better.:hug:

Thanks!

Glad you had a great run yesterday!

Taryn, I hope your belly is better and that you have a good day.:hug:

We had a good run last night. Not real fast, but it was 94 when we started and 88 at the finish. I think over the 4 miles we were at an 11:15 pace. I desparately need to get organized for our trip next week. So that's on the agenda for today. DS texted me last night that he is not going to Auburn this weekend to see his BFF. They were going to go to the football game, but couldn't get tickets. I just keep reading things into everything he says, which I need to stop doing. It took 3 miles of running before I felt destressed, and by bed time I was keyed up again. My boss has two boys about the same age and she said that's just what we do--we worry about our kids.:goodvibes The good news is I am not at all stressed about the race, since I'm using all my stress energy to worry about DS.:thumbsup2 Ok, I'm going to eat breakfast and head to the Y. Have a great day!

Great job on the run rose. You and mike are going to do so well at the W&D. I hope all is well with DS. My mom always tells me no matter how old your children are you still worry, and Im 31.

I almost forgot to congratulate our Biggest Losers this week. Great job to all and especially to CC :banana: Keep up the good work everyone!

I'll come back and post one later..... need to think about it.

Tomorrow will get donuts for DS21 to take to the Mid-High where he is leading 'meet you at the pole'.

Is this the morning prayer time? I need to have DD check and see if they have anything like this at her school.

I am not a cook. I don't have any particularly original recipes. Here's what I had for breakfast this morning:

1/2 cup dry oats (any variety)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs all-natural fruit spread

Prepare oatmeal according to package directions. Stir in vanilla and fruit spread.

It's just an easy way to flavor and sweeten plain oatmeal. This is what I've been eating lately before a morning run and then I have a couple of boiled eggs for protein after my run.

I had a really good run this evening. In the same 1 hour of run time (run 4, walk 1, 12 times) that I've been doing for the past several weeks and covering between 4.75 (in extreme heat) and 5.25 on the better days, I covered 5.7 miles tonight. I didn't get started until nearly dark (with mace in one hand and flashlight in the other), so the temperature was much nicer than it has been. I'd been conserving plenty of energy today, too, spending the entire day on the couch with DD. I really do wonder though if the sprint training I've been doing for the past couple weeks has really improved my speed. I could really feel myself running faster. I'm sure the improvement came from all of it together, and it felt pretty dang great.

Unless DD wakes up completely fever free in the morning, I'll be spending the day at home again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll behave slightly less like bum and I'll actually logon and do some of my work that I'm falling behind on.

Y'all have a great night. :goodvibes

Your run times sound great!

Wish I had seen your post before breakfast. I had oatmeal today, but we were out of bananas and the peaches we bought were yucky.... so no fruit on my oatmeal today....:sad2: I never thought about using fruit spread. I think I have some sugar-free apricot in the cupboard that I bought for a recipe and never used.... I'll have to try it.

Hope DD is better.

Hi Everyone!

It is 12:15 AM and I got home from the ER about 20 minutes ago. I read what I missed this afternoon and will reply in the morning.

I went to my PCP's office and the APRN I saw recommended X-rays. Then, based on the results, the recommendation was to go to the ER. I have a fracture in one of the bones on my left foot. I am now in a cast-like thing that cannot get wet and worst of all, I cannot exercise for at least 4 weeks. Cam, I don't know how you made it through without exercise. I can do upper body strength training, so that'll be my 20 minutes for at least the next 4 weeks. Oh well. I'm lucky it isn't worse. Still working on using crutches-I have a feeling that will take a few days.

Okay. I am exhausted and need to get some sleep. I will catch up on the thread in the morning. I have a great (IMO) recipe in mind too!

Thanks for all the concern today!

CC

Oh my! I'm glad you took the time to get it checked. Think of it like this.... imagine how great your biceps are going to be in four weeks!! ;) Feel better!!

#10- 1.39% - goldcupmom
#8- 1.49% - debsters41
#7- 1.50% - lisah0711
#6- 1.55% - KristiMc
#5- 1.60% - dvccruiser76
#3- 1.75% - my3princes
#2- 2.34% - Connie96
and now
Week 2 Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.71% - cclovesdis

WOOHOO to all the BL this week!! Big congrats to CC!! You are all pulling off some amazing percentages!!

sending out pixie dust to everybody who is needing some!

Enjoying getting on her a bit more; its much easier now that we are staying at the inlaws with wireless internet :goodvibes.
Tonight we took the girls out to get paint colour ideas for their new rooms, and ended up buying some wall stickers for them. DH & I are in discussions for the colour for the living room and our room. We are debating on ripping out the living room carpet now and changing it to hardwood or just waiting for a while. Looking at another 3 weeks probably before we get moved into it. In the meantime, we'll be looking after the inlaws house & dog.

Gotta get to bed, so not too many comments on all the posts you wonderful people have shared.

You are SO brave to try belly dancing! I tried Zumba a few years ago and felt like an out of shape, uncoordinated old lady... I quit after about 2 weeks.

Glad things are rolling along smoothly with the house.

My Anna Kathryn and 2 of her best friends are leading this at our school this am. :littleangel:

Wow... they even do it at the little kids level?? NICE!

We kind of went through this with AK when we were seeing a lack of committment and desire for gymnastics. She said "If I quit, who would I be? I am a gymnast. I am the only gymnast in the county..." It's amazing how much of their identity is tied to activities... It's kinda scary, I am hoping she start cheering in high school, she wants to cheer for VT. That would help her have an outlet in college, as she's not likely to get a gymnastics scholarship.

Yup... it is scary that they tie themselves so closely to WHAT they do. DD is a swimmer.... that is what she calls herself.... ask her what she does, she SWIMS... that is it!! I can't imagine what would happen to her if she had to stop swimming for some reason. I love that she is so active and has found a healthy activity that she absolutely LOVES.... but I wish she would remember she is SO MUCH MORE!!

Yesterday's QOTD: Lapu Lapu and bread pudding at Ohana, Dole Whip. I wouldn't want them available, I did get the bread pudding recipe at Ohana, but I haven't made it yet. It has to bake for an hour, and it's been too hot to heat up the kitchen like that. Maybe this summer.

Ummmmm, I know it isn't exactly the kind of recipe to share here on the BL thread, but if you have a chance sometime, could you PM it to me?? I'd love to try it sometime.

ICKY! I hate stomach issues! Sorry it hit you at school. Wishing you a better tomorrow!

To add to what I said yesterday, when I got to school, someone had given me a piece of paper saying "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect and hold you." I thought I'd share, since a lot of you seemed to identify.

Stomach is beginning to hurt again. Great. Hope I can make it through the day. Taryn

I love that quote!! It really makes me stop and think. Sorry the stomach isn't 100% better yet.:hug:

Hi Everyone,

I am up and cannot do much of anything today. I'm sure you will see a lot of me today. I will be studying absolute value today in an attempt to be productive. I'm really quite miserable. I can't go down stairs, so I can't even bring my laundry to the laundry room. My weights are in the basement, so I have to wait until my father gets home a) he can get them from the basement and b) he can help me off the floor when I am done. My mom was great and left me 2 pieces of fruit and a bottle of water to eat throughout the day.

I replied first using Word and have to go back into bed and elevate my foot more than I am now at my desk so I apologize. No smilies.

Thanks again for yesterday!

Have a great day, OP, accident free day everyone!

CC

I second the VCR! I have no idea what a DVR is! But, I’m guessing the 6-year-old next door could explain it to me!

Just rest today! You can worry about getting started with some upper body work tomorrow. Take care of that foot.... rest, ice, elevate!

DVR = Digital Video Recorder.... kind of like a computer hard drive for the TV. Comes as part of our satellite receiver box. AMAZING invention!! It absolutely REVOLUTIONIZED the way we watch tv. No more rushing to be sitting on the sofa by 8pm to catch the show.... no sitting through commercials. It has timers and can record any show you want at any time... and then you play it back later.... with the ability to fast forward past the commercials. For example... tonight is Survivor.... but DD won't be home from swim until almost 9 pm. We can watch it together when she gets home.... or even just save it until tomorrow or Friday! I'm not a big TV watcher, but I adore my DVR!!! Mine holds about 25 hours of tv.

Happy Wednesday morning friends! I am pleased to say I did a relatively long run/walk today.... more than I have done in a long time. It was tough but I am pleased with myself. I've been feeling like a real slacker lately. It wasn't my easiest run and certainly not my best time, but I did it.

I need to get into the kitchen and figure out which recipe I am going to post.

Well.... I have a few projects waiting, so I guess I should get moving along here!! TTYL.......P

Michele – That recipe sounds delicious. AND I have all the ingredients at home right now, including some frozen jumbo shrimp. I can’t wait to make it.

Julie – I know you have a busy day today, but I hope you find time for your walk. Congrats on having so many “too big” clothes to get rid of. Kudos to you on the smart eating last night.

Connie – What a great improvement on your pace!! John Bingham advocates sprint training for speeding up your pace, and it sounds like that worked for you. I hope DD is doing better today, not because I want you to have to go to work, but because it is hard to see our kids not feeling well. Great recipe. Hadn’t thought of trying that. Definitely tempted now.

CC- I am so sorry it is fractured, but it was obviously a smart thing to go to the doctor. I hope your recovery is swift and painless. Be careful on those crutches. Do you have to use them for 4 weeks? Is the cast removable? I know doctors are really trying to use those more these days to permit bathing. Sending you get well pixie dust. pixiedust:

Congratulations to all of our LOSERS!!! And most especially to CC!!!! It is so wonderful to see how many people are participating – that makes you a WINNER even if you aren’t a big LOSER!!!

Shannon, It is so wonderful to see you here more often. Thank you for all the work you do to keep our data inputted and our lists updated. It must be so exciting to share this time with your girls. I’ll bet they love the prospect of decorating their room. Your belly dancing instruction session sounds like such fun – good for you for carving out some time for yourself to do that!! Just think of how tiny your waist is going to be. BTW, I am glad you thought my comment yesterday was worth repeating. I keep telling myself that to motivate myself to keep pushing forward. I hope it is helpful to others, too.

Taryn – “Fighter” is by Christina Aguilera. I am so sorry that you have been sick. Have you done anything differently as far as what you are eating? I was hoping you were going to be feeling better today – it is awful to have to go into work sick.

Tracey – That recipe sounds great. Is it kind of like paella? Or jambalaya? The ingredients sound kind of like that. Can’t wait to try it.

Lindsay – Congrats on your imminent promotion. I hope it happens quickly so you get your raise sooner. Thanks for sharing a recipe. Sounds very easy.

Dani – I’ve never marinated chicken in lemon. That sounds so easy and delicious. Definitely one I am going to try. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa – We are going to celebrate so BIG here when you hit ONEderland. I can’t wait to celebrate your huge milestone!

Rose – So sorry you are so worried about DS. I have soooo been there with DD22. I just prayed for her so much and tried to be upbeat and positive whenever I was in touch with her. It is just so hard when we love them and worry about them so much. I’m really glad you can de-stress a bit in your running. Hopefully, a trip to WDW will make you feel much better.

P – Great job on your long WOG!! Have a great day!

Well, I am running so far behind today. It took me 26 minutes to get off the exit ramp of 95, due to a construction zone that was set up overnight. EEK!

BBL!

"Tracey – That recipe sounds great. Is it kind of like paella? Or jambalaya? The ingredients sound kind of like that. Can’t wait to try it."

Cam, Yes, sorry it's actually a jambalaya. I forgot to write the name of the recipe. It's so simple, that's why I like to make it!!!!

Broke my rule but taking a break to have an early lunch. I made the Chicken Yellow Curry so I can get all the salt in early so I can wash it out with my water. Yes, it is a jar sauce from Trader Joe's. They also have the yellow and green. I mixed it with minute rice. DH and DD1 can have it before they head off to soccer later. When I can I eat my dinner earlier in the day and with having to go out at 4 and then again at 5:30 I figured I just eat it now.

Back to eating and then more cleaning!

Tracey -That sounds like a great plan. I have to weigh in tomorrow morning at WW, so I am also watching sodium intake for today.

A sneak peak at the scale shows I should be getting that WHOOSH this week. I don't know why this is my body's pattern of losing, but I really do seem to lose significantly only every fourth week. Looking back at all my WW charts, that has been my consistent pattern. At least knowing it allows me to prepare myself for it and not be too disappointed at the scale.

Active thread here again, and I'm behind. I hate not being able to keep up. I got cancelled from work today, so I want to get the yard work finished and clean the house a bit more. I ran/walked 3 miles this morning and met some friends for bkfst which was a nice treat. I don't get out often without michael, so it was fun to have a grown up meal.

CC- sorry your foot is broken. Such a pain, in more ways than one. I hope you're not too uncomfortable and it heals quickly.

Taryn- Hope you're feeling better soon too. I can't imagine trying to teach a class of kindergarteners while feeling under the weather.

connie- hope dd is better soon too.

Hugs to all who need them and are feeling under the weather. There's been a lot going around here.

A huge congrats to all our biggest losers this week!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1: CC- way to go on being number one!!! Coaching really makes a big difference.

Cam- i know you're having a good week too. Maybe you'll follow suit as this weeks coach being the biggest loser too. :thumbsup2

Shannon- Belly dancing sounds like so much fun, and good for you for enjoying your private lesson. MIchael just started gymnastics and he's the only boy in his class, so he gets a one hour private lesson on saturdays. It's such a great workout for him since he's going the whole time, and he doesn't have to wait and watch any other kids. Congrats on getting in the house. How fun to bring dd's in to see it for the first time.

Lisa- I would never try to make you go candy free completely since I could never do it. :rotfl: I was thinking the halloween candy since it comes right as we begin our official training.

Pamela- Great job on the run/walk. Isn't it a great feeling to get out there and move. I was thinking about that this morning. I was meeting the girls for bkfst at 9, so I needed to leave at 8:45. Michael gets on the busy by 7:40 so I thought I could get 2 miles in and the have a full 30 min to get ready, or I could push and get 3 in, which was what I chose, and when I get home, rush through a shower and get ready in 20 minutes, no goofing off, no dis-ing. I feel like my head is really in the game now. Even though I have those days my eating is out of control, the exercise seems to have become a habit for me now. It was fun to look at the menu after running too. I'd have loved banana pancakes and bacon in the past, but starting my day off with a run, I had a vegie ommelette instead, with half a piece of toast, and a couple home fries.

Rose- Wow, 94 degrees still. I forget where you are, but I'm not envying you right now. I hope things cool off a bit for you soon. The upside is you'll be so ready for any weather for the Wine and dine half with all your training.

Lindsay- hope you're not coming down with something too. Good luck with the promotion. Wouldn't that be nice to be the boss and not have to answer to anyone. Hope you like the salary numbers too.

Ok, it's time to get moving. I told michael he could slap me offside the head if I didn't have the lawn mowed and the house vacuumed by the time he gets home. If I hurry, I'll be able to come back on here while I wait for the bus.

Have a nice afternoone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter