BIG Thumbs Up for AVIS!

welovedis

Disneyland here we come!
We rented our car from Avis thru Priceline for our trip this past weekend and I was really impressed with the service. I waited in line (about 20-22 people ahead of me) for only about 10-12 minutes and thought that was much quicker than the other rental companies on the same concourse. I saw some of the same people waiting in the same spot before and after I left the Avis desk.

I has reserved a 4 door full-size thru Priceline for about $78 dollars or so for 3 days. I was really happy with the price and thought that was a great deal in itself. While I was at the counter the agent was very friendly and chatting with me a bit while she printed out the paperwork. Earlier in the conversation she asked if I was there for business but I explained my DH & I were celebrating our anniversary, etc.. @ WDW, a weekend for the grown-ups only, etc... She jokingly said--why didn't you get a convertible? and I just said that I couldn't afford one that day--maybe someday.

She hands me the paperwork & we proceed over to the garage where the guy hands me the keys and says, "Enjoy". He tells us the space number and then starts following us--I was like "huh?" when I see that the space has a gorgeous red Mustang convertible parked there. He said--Happy Anniversary and shows us how to lower the top, etc...

DH & I must have been grinning from ear to ear like fools. I was a blast driving that little red ragtop and I have already sent off a letter to Avis--thanking them for the great service & the most unexpected upgrade!!!

Wow! That's great! I've been pleased with Avis friendly service and have been given complimentary upgrades the last 2 times I've used them, from a compact to a full, and from a compact to a convertible. It was too cold to put the top down tho! :(

Peggy

Personally I find Avis' service to be head-and-shoulders above all other rental agencies, and I've used most of them plenty having traveled a bit for business.

The best story I have about Avis is when I had a broken ankle I had to take a business trip to San Diego. I was able to get around pretty well on my crutches by this point and I pulled up to Avis and started taking my bags out of the car to get on the bus, which was a short distance away. The return agent came up and told me not to worry about my bags and he'd drive me to the terminal in the car!

We have used Avis 2x's through Priceline and thought they were wonderful!!!!! Not a single complaint, the cars were super and the agents absolutely wonderful. They definitely "try Harder"/.

What a nice surprise for you!
We use Priceline and have gotten Alamo twice and Avis twice (haven't done the second use yet...that will coming up 5/31 to 6/1). Alamo is okay, but we really preferred Avis due to the ease of rental. Unlike Alamo, once you are done at the counter, you simply drive out without a second wait. I sure wish Alamo assigned specific cars too. And we got a one class upgrade when we used Avis last time. I'm guessing they were out of cars in our class, and it was nice to have a little extra room in the vehicle. I'm looking forward to another good experience with them coming up soon.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Is Avis at the terminal at MCO or offsite? Sounds like good service. Maybe I will give them a try. We usually use National, but they seem to be getting bad press lately.....Susan

Avis is onsite. They are great, but, I have also had great luck with National and Alamo.

I really was impressed with Avis and I normally rent thru Hertz since I am #1 Club Gold Business member. I like Hertz because I can skip the counter at most places and head right for the garage, but I will definitely try Avis again and see what happens.

Originally posted by welovedis
I really was impressed with Avis and I normally rent thru Hertz since I am #1 Club Gold Business member. I like Hertz because I can skip the counter at most places and head right for the garage, but I will definitely try Avis again and see what happens.

Avis offers the same thing pretty much (Avis Preferred), though on Priceline rentals you usually can't use such services with whatever company you get ...

You can sign up for Avis Preferred for free here.

Thanks Beckles. I already had this but since it was a Priceline rental they said I had to wait on line in the terminal first. I will definitely use them again!

I'm thinking of using Priceline. Can you select in-airport companies or could you end up with some rinky dink company 3 miles off site? Also, when you put in a bid, is your bid the "base price" before all the airport taxes and fees?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Karen:D
I loved your story...Isn't it nice when good things happen for your anniversary? (Did you all read the one about the Beach Club upgrade over on the resort board last weekend?) I'm going to keep an eye on Avis's rates - I hear such good things about them. Thanks for posting - it must have been so much fun!

One other thing, I posted further down the page...Can you comment on parking at the airport in Rochester? (Did you end up flying Airtran? and did you like them? Was the wait to get through security very long? How far in advance of our flight would you suggest we get there?) Okay, I guess that was more than one thing! Sorry about that!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter