Big River Grill??

deno2

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried The Big River Grill?? On our "all girls weekend" :yay: we want to try some places that none of us have ever tried - this is one of our options. Any opinions out there?

Deno

deno2 said:
Has anyone tried The Big River Grill?? On our "all girls weekend" :yay: we want to try some places that none of us have ever tried - this is one of our options. Any opinions out there?

Deno

*blinks a few times*

Holy cow, a restaurant I've never heard of (not that I know everything, but I thought I'd at least heard OF them all! :lmao: ). Where is this?

Its over on the Boardwalk. We've not been there since our honeymoon in 1999. We went for lunch after we did the DVC tour (back in the day when they bought your lunch just for taking the tour!). We thought it was pretty good, nothing too special. Burgers and American fare. They are a microbrewery so they have the huge vats in which they make their beer inside the restaurant. At least they did in 1999! Wow--its been 7 years since we've been there. Hopefully someone whose eaten there more recently will chime in here.

Just goes to show how many different places there are in WDW! You can go on a lot of trips and never eat at the same place twice! :rotfl:

i am interested to hear about it. I wanted to eat there this trip but it got elminated from our choices.

We eaten there a few times, mainly cause they are one of the few places on the Boardwalk open at lunch. It's pretty good. They make a nice burger. I've found that the service can be spotty. If the weather is nice, sit at one of the tables on the Boardwalk.

We have eaten there a few times. My dh likes the 'sampler' the beer sampler that is! :drinking1 The food is fine, nothing to rave about but not bad either. If you especially enjoy beer, and trying different types, you may really enjoy this place. I am not a beer drinker, lol.

We ate there in Feb of 06 - sat down outside for dinner - and again last month - just got stuff to go.

In Feb my DH had their hazelnut chicken - loved it; I had chicken caesar salad, very nice - FIL had fish sandwich and MIL had chicken alfredo.

In July we just had burgers and the chicken caesar - the burgers were huge and served with some yummy homemade type potatoe chips. We also had the chicken quesadilla apps - YUMMY!!!!

I think it's a perfect place to go and have some fun - sitting outside is nice because you get the whole BW ambiance in addition to good food.

My DS and I had lunch at Big River last summer. Food was OK but very over-priced for a non-Disney owned restaurant. The inside of the place needed a good cleaning and updating last year, so I doubt if it is in any better condition now.
There are so many great places to eat in the Epcot resort area I would not recommend Big River.
Check out the many dining options at allearsnet.com for Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin.

Big River is open at lunch, and you can usually get seated as a walk-up, with minimum waiting, even for dinner.
Food is hit or miss, as is service. Overall, it's a decent meal, that's about as much hype as I can give the place.
If your group likes beer, it would probably be a good place to try.

As other have said, try to sit outside, weather permitting. We have found the inside to be 'musty' smelling about half of the time.

Love it! Burgers are tasty and the beer is deeelicious. Wowzer Wheat for me! Service has been spotty at times (we go almost every trip) but we've also had some wonderful servers who made the whole experience awesome!

Hubby and I go a few times a year. Great spot for people watching. If the weather is good sit outside and enjoy your food and beverages.

The food is good, they have some pretty good beers (full bar if you don't drink beer). Nice beer tshirts/glasses, etc if you are taking souveniers for any beer lovers back home.

I believe that it is a Sister restaurant to a place around where we live called Gordon Bierch. If I am right about that, I can tell you that Gordon Bierch is great and they make great brew pub beers. They also have Garlic french fries that are to die for.

I've been there to eat several times. Each time we have been seated without ADR's. The food is tasty, as is the beer! Last year (3 adults) we had the hazlenut crusted chicken, chicken marinara, and the ny strip steak. All were very yummy! We were on the DDP, so we each had an appetizer, but I do not remember which ones. I believe someone got a salad, which was a decent size! We would recommend this place!

I have never tried the Big River but was curious myself, we are going down in October and I called for advanced dining reservations but they said they dont take them for Big River..is this true? or do you need to make them thru the restraunt itself? Looks like mixed reviews from everyone so might change our minds...wanted to go to Palio's but they are closed for refurbishment the week we will be there...

Just so you know, this is related to Gordon Birch (we have one here too, and its yummy) but unfortunately they do not serve fries. They dont have a fryer. :(

disneyfan62 said:
I have never tried the Big River but was curious myself, we are going down in October and I called for advanced dining reservations but they said they dont take them for Big River..is this true? or do you need to make them thru the restraunt itself? Looks like mixed reviews from everyone so might change our minds...wanted to go to Palio's but they are closed for refurbishment the week we will be there...

You won't need ADR's there. It's pretty good, nothing spectacular though. The nicest thing about it is probably the fact that it's on the Boardwalk. All in all I would definitely say it's worth a try, but by no means is a "must".

We thought it was okay. We certainly won't make a point to dine there again but wouldn't hesitate if we need a quick bite. They don't take reservations, I don't think, but I can't imagine needing one there.

We dined inside because it was hot and the beer fermenting smell nearly knocked us over. I did get used to it after 10 minutes or so but in the beginning, wondered if I would survive an entire meal. It smelled like rancid clorox. The hostess told us it was the fermenting... which is strange because we dined at an upscale restaurant here at home last month that also has their own beer and you couldn't smell a thing. But what do I know? ;)

We didn't care for any of their beers, but the food was okay. Not as good as someplace like Chili's but similar in selection. Just okay.

I called the restaurant directly last night and was told that they don't take reservation but not to worry, the wait is usually never more than 15 minutes. Very, very friendly on the phone - he made me wan ot go there and try it out. We have tentatively built a lunch into our itinary, (during free DDP) mainly because of the location. I will post a review when we get back!
Thanks for all of the imput - we will definitley ask for an outside table.

Deno

My dad and I ate there on our first WDW trip last October and loved it!! Very relaxed and quiet, and I thought the food was excellent. They were working on the boardwalk at the time, so no outdoor seating; but we had a nice view from our table. Next to Wolfgang Puck's, this was my favorite place of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter