Big changes to WCC menus on Wednesday

1) Correct.
2) And, as a surprise to many, "free dining" is in the hotel room cost.
3) The restaurants nor the parks pay for free dining.
4) This is paid directly by the individual resort.
5) So, it is already built into your room fee.
6) And, it comes off the profit margin of the hotel General Manager.
7) This is also why there are different amounts of packages at each hotel.
8) And, some hotels may not even offer free dining for some room categories.

If free dining is built into your room fee, why doesn't everyone that pays rack rate get it included every day, all year. :confused3 Are you saying when they offer free dining, they are charging more than Rack Rate for the rooms to cover the cost of the dining?

Since my DH and I wanted the skillet and it's no longer available at lunch, we are thinking of changing our ADR to breakfast. Our kids may be interested in a la carte lunch items though. I just noticed there is an 11:45 ADR available. I'm confused what would be served at this time since the Disney site shows breakfast ending at 11:15 and lunch beginning at 12:00. Would it be possible for some of order the breakfast skillet and some of us to order lunch items?

I brought home a dinner menu with me.

Starters (not included in the family style platter)

-Western Chips with buffalo chili, cheese dip and fresh salsa

-Yukon Potato Leek Soup topped with candied smoked bacon

-Flash Fried Navajo Bread with citrus honey and tomato jam

-Smoked Salmon Quesadilla with arugula, frisee, tomato goat cheese, mozzarella and a side of pepper jam

-Slow Smoked Pulled Pork Spring Rolls with sweet chili dipping sauce

Build Your Own All You Care to Enjoy Family Platter

choice of three:
Kansas City style smoked pork ribs
herb baked chicken
hand carved oak roasted beef strip loin
citrus crusted market fish
western style sausage

sides for sharing:
seasonal farm fresh vegetables
herb crusted yukon gold potatoes
cowboy style baked beans
corn on the cob

Dessert Sampler Platter
Whispering Canyon chocolate cake
jalapeno lime cheesecake
apple-cranberry buckle

Kids Complete Meals for our guests ages 9 and under
served with choice of beverage-small bottled water, 100% apple juice or 1% Mickey milk

-Grilled fish of the day served with whole grain pilaf, veggies and fruit salad

-Multigrain grill cheese dippers served with carroteenies and sliced apples

-Meaty macaroni ground turkey with marinara sauce topped with mozzarella served with veggies and fruit salad

-Cheeseburger served with french fries and fruit salad

I have a question, will the cornbread & butter still be included?

TIA - :wave2:

Its odd. The whole family has to agree on 3 choices?. Of what is listed, my mom only eats the fish. My sister only eats the fish and chicken (no red meat) and my husband doesnt eat the fish, but would like more of the meat choices. Can you order individual platters so people can pick their own three?

If free dining is built into your room fee, why doesn't everyone that pays rack rate get it included every day, all year. :confused3 Are you saying when they offer free dining, they are charging more than Rack Rate for the rooms to cover the cost of the dining?

1) How about that?
2) ALL hotel guests pay for the services.
. . . Disney Magical Express (DME), whether you use it or not
. . . Free Dining, even when you are there without it
3) Each of these are billed to the hotel cost center.
4) If you rent a hotel room or buy a DVC room, you are subsidizing others.
5) So, the hotel rack rate is raised to cover DME and Dinining.
6) Whether averaged all through the year, or "seasonal" increases.
7) Hasn't anyone noticed how weird some "seasons" dates have become?

NOTE: Cost center assignments are really things people do not know or
recognize. So, they do not realize when they buy something, what else
they are supporting or subsidizing. A quick example: When you go to an
early ADR and get into the park before opening, it is a restaurant CM
that admits you, not the gate CM. Early-ADR-entry is part of the eatery
cost center, not the park cost center. So, people eating throughout
the day pay for that person to let others in early. Yes, we must all pay
for maintenance and other things, but who gets the burden is sometimes
strange.

You didn't highlight the line where RS says "6) And, it comes off the profit margin of the hotel General Manager."

"It" = "cost of the dining plan (or other promotion such as a discount)"

I don't see any vegetarian choices in the "choice of three" portion of the dinner menu.

There aren't any. There are also no salads in the starter list. Possibly they will say the vegetable sides are the vegetarian alternatives. They may also prepare a separate vegetarian alternative not on the menu, but somebody would have to be the first to ask.

Its odd. The whole family has to agree on 3 choices?. Of what is listed, my mom only eats the fish. My sister only eats the fish and chicken (no red meat) and my husband doesnt eat the fish, but would like more of the meat choices. Can you order individual platters so people can pick their own three?

It was mentioned somewhere earlier that if you asked for a refill, you could choose a different meat. Get fish, chicken, and one meat, then refill a different meat.

I don't see any vegetarian choices in the "choice of three" portion of the dinner menu.

Vegetarian options are not printed on the menu but are still available upon request. As Suzannews said the quinoa cakes and the pasta option. To the poster who said the vegetables are the vegetarian option that is incorrect, there are two meals to choose from.

I have a question, will the cornbread & butter still be included?

TIA - :wave2:

Yes :)

This is the part that may seem the most confusing but you can essentially get all of the meats. You can start by picking three and then place an order for the other 2 you missed out on or more of the first 3 you ordered. No one will be missing out on something they want to try.

Ate there last night. We have ate there for the last 4 yrs and we wished we would have cancelled. It has gone up to 32.99 plus the cost of the drinks. Yes the cornbread is included but no salad like before but the dessert is included in the price of the meal which is all you care to eat. Dessert is brought out with 3 desserts and you can ask for more of what you want.

Ate there last night. We have ate there for the last 4 yrs and we wished we would have cancelled. It has gone up to 32.99 plus the cost of the drinks. Yes the cornbread is included but no salad like before but the dessert is included in the price of the meal which is all you care to eat. Dessert is brought out with 3 desserts and you can ask for more of what you want.

Youch .....no way.

So you have to pay for the bottomless milkshakes? That used to be included with the skillet, right? Bummer.

No, the milkshakes were not included with the skillet, but you could get them as your beverage on the dining plan (which I assume is still OK)

So, how did the food taste? In particular, the desserts? Any opinions?

I thought the jalepeno-lime cheesecake sounded gross (but then I don't like peppers at all).

It looks like the mashed potatoes are gone too. We always asked for 2nds and 3rds on them. So good! Looks like they have been replaced with herb crusted yukon gold potatoes. So maybe if enough people cancel ADR's and stop eating there they will get the hint. I know doubtful. I am just glad that I am on the disboards and knew about the changes or we would have had a very unhappy family when we sat down and looked at the menu. We would have had to leave because the ala carte is gone for my kids. Now to look for a replacement for that dinner for 9 days from now!

One of the servers posting here will probably have to clarify, but the dinner menu has a separate kids menu, and no kids' price for the platter. Kids on DDP have to order from the kids menu, might mean kids are excluded from the platter.

1) I, too, mourn.
2) But, more than just the pulled pork.
3) I mourn the deterioration of food value & quality due to DDP.

No pulled pork + no salad + no a la carte = no need to go to WCC anymore.

Let's all just remember it how it used to be - a real WDW dining destination, not how it is now - an assembly line of mediocrity.

Just canceled my ADR for dinner - going to Hoop Dee Doo instead, where I'll never be disappointed.

Shame on you, WCC:sad:

I will try and answer as many questions as possible, sorry if I miss yours...

Yes, there is a salad in the starter's section of the menu. I missed it when I posted the dinner menu after work late last night. I edited my menu post to include it.

Yes, cornbread and butter are still included with dinner.

Vegetarian options are available as I previously posted. Last night we were able to offer a vegetarian pasta as well as the quinoa cakes that were on the last menu. They are not listed, you just have to ask for them.

As for the "pick 3 meats" listed under the platter, yes, you pick 3 to start for the table. You are then able to reorder any of the 5 including those not originally picked. So, yes, you can try all 5 of the meats if you choose to.

I've worked at WCC for over 12 years and milk shakes have never been included in the price of the skillet. They are included in your options for a beverage or dessert on the meal plan though, always have been and continue to be.

Yes, kids can order the platter as their dinner and eat with the adults. I didn't have any one order it last night for a child as I don't know the price, sorry.

The herb crushed potatoes are mashed potatoes and we have been serving them for awhile now.

I am not a cheesecake fan so I have not tried the jalapeno lime cheesecake but I've been told to describe it as a key lime pie with a kick and all of my tables have agreed with that. It has chocolate brownie bottom and topped with whipped cream and a candied jalapeno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter