Big Bang Theory

It about there relationship now. When it first started out it was about them being geeks. Now the show focus on there relationships

Penny and Leonard
Amy and Sheldon
Howard and Bernadette

It is still all about the geek experience. Believe it or not, even nerds and geeks can have satisfying relationships. While their relationships are part of the story line, I don't see it as the whole story line.

I think this show has replaced Seinfeld as my favorite comedy of all time. It is so incredibly well-written and funny. I absolutely love Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler. I think that Jim Parsons must be a lot like Sheldon in real life. No one can be THAT good of an actor. He just IS Sheldon if that makes any sense.

All of the characters blend so well together that it is hard to imagine the show without any one of them. Even Howard's mother cracks me up every time. I may be in the minority in wanting Howard and Bernadette to move in with his mother. I think there could be a lot of good storylines there. Also, if they didn't live there it would be hard to work his mother into the storyline since you never see her.

My family and I quote from this show all the time. One of our favorites is "Milk Duds. The most apologetic of all the boxed candies.". :rotfl2:

Go to YouTube and find interviews w/ Jim Parsons. He's not like Sheldon at all. In fact , he often has no clue what he's saying.
(just route memorization of the scientific terms. He practices with a pencil in his mouth so that when they shoot he can say them quickly.)

Go to YouTube and find interviews w/ Jim Parsons. He's not like Sheldon at all. In fact , he often has no clue what he's saying.
(just route memorization of the scientific terms. He practices with a pencil in his mouth so that when they shoot he can say them quickly.)

I saw Jim Parson on a talk show once. I was shocked to learn he was a smoker for like 20 years and just recently quit. That why the weight gain.

Yep, I saw him on Conan awhile back and he was explaining that he really has no idea what Sheldon is talking about most of the time. I read an interview with him where he explained that he approaches Sheldon as someone who's not trying to be funny, he's just that serious all the time. Which is what makes him even funnier...the one where his World of Warcraft account got hacked is one of my favorites. :rotfl:

I saw Jim Parsons on Broadway this summer, playing the Jimmy Stewart role in "Harvey". He was awesome. Lots of Big Bang fans in the audience - one was wearing a Babylon 5 t-shirt. :p

I always seem to compare her to when she was Billy in Charmed. She was incredibly fit. I think she looked great.

I actually much prefer Kaley Cuoco with some meat on her bones. It is good to see leading women on TV these days with a more filled out figure. Plus, remember, she is from Nebraska and is supposed to have farmgirl cornfed child bearing hips.

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was a little bit deflating. Sheldon did seem a bit subdued.

I hate to be all shippy.....but I just don't like Amy and Sheldon together....it's like a jelly and jelly sandwich. I've actually grown to like Amy as a character, and love her evolution as a woman. I'd like to see her with a different person that can be peanut butter to her jelly.

Likewise, I just cannot wrap my head around Leonard and Penny. I think they are great as friends. I know they are THE couple of the show and a lot of people like them together. I just am not getting a chemistry/right for each other vibe. I think the writers are trying to force something that just isn't natural.

Howie and Bernie are perfect, and I have no complaints about them, other than the fact Howard needs to man up to his mother.....but that's part of the humor.

I am just hoping some definite decisions are made this season: I cannot stand another season or two of Sheldon and Amy and Leonard and Penny's are they or aren't they? and Raj's is he or isn't he.

I actually much prefer Kaley Cuoco with some meat on her bones. It is good to see leading women on TV these days with a more filled out figure. Plus, remember, she is from Nebraska and is supposed to have farmgirl cornfed child bearing hips.

I agree.

I thought last nights episode was a bit flat. Amy and Sheldon along with Raj are the mist interesting characters right now. I agree that Howard looked better but his story line is so dull to me!

As a Nebraska girl...I have no clue what you are talking about. :rotfl:

Yeah, I thought last night's episode was a little bit deflating. Sheldon did seem a bit subdued.

I hate to be all shippy.....but I just don't like Amy and Sheldon together....it's like a jelly and jelly sandwich. I've actually grown to like Amy as a character, and love her evolution as a woman. I'd like to see her with a different person that can be peanut butter to her jelly.

Likewise, I just cannot wrap my head around Leonard and Penny. I think they are great as friends. I know they are THE couple of the show and a lot of people like them together. I just am not getting a chemistry/right for each other vibe. I think the writers are trying to force something that just isn't natural.

Howie and Bernie are perfect, and I have no complaints about them, other than the fact Howard needs to man up to his mother.....but that's part of the humor.

I am just hoping some definite decisions are made this season: I cannot stand another season or two of Sheldon and Amy and Leonard and Penny's are they or aren't they? and Raj's is he or isn't he.

See I rather love them together..2 people who struggle so much socially kind of "finding" each other and coming together. Neither one has ever succeed in regards to dating/relationships and I think that is part of what makes them a perfect (and often funny) couple.

Likewise, I just cannot wrap my head around Leonard and Penny. I think they are great as friends. I know they are THE couple of the show and a lot of people like them together.

It funny you mention they have no chemistry or what not. Kaley and Johnny dated secertly for the first two season of Big Bang Theory.

I didn't dislike it but I didn't like it either. I was also wondering what affect Howard getting married would have on the dynamic of the show. He can't continue to be the horny guy looking for anything with a beating heart. The 4 misfits now have a married man amoung them. I fear it won't be the same.

Eh. It's done by the same guy that does 2.5 men, if they can write around losing one of the main characters and make it not only work but people love the transition- they'll do fine with Howard getting married.

It funny you mention they have no chemistry or what not. Kaley and Johnny dated secertly for the first two season of Big Bang Theory.

Ummm, they are actors.

I think what the PP was referring to was their characters on the sit-com.

I didn't dislike it but I didn't like it either. I was also wondering what affect Howard getting married would have on the dynamic of the show. He can't continue to be the horny guy looking for anything with a beating heart. The 4 misfits now have a married man amoung them. I fear it won't be the same.

But he stopped that when he and Bernie became a serious couple. :confused3

If the characters never grew or evolved it would unrealistic. I went to a college filled with geeks. Many had their first relationships and it was awkward or stunted, but then they got the hang of it. I know people like Sheldon.

As a geek myself, I don't think I would watch the show if all it was about was being a geek and forever single.

I never got the impression that Raj was gay?:confused3
Didn't he have a crush on Bernadette?

I am not a faithful follower of the show, but I do find it entertaining.

I just watched the season premiere online, and it was a bit slow.

I don't think Raj is gay or bi. I think it is just one of those running jokes when it is really just a side of his personality.

As far as Kaley/Penny goes, I love her look. She has that girl-next-door quality to her. She isn't that major hottie who could have any guy. She is much more lovable and approachable. It works really well for the show. However, I do agree with the people who like her with a little more meat on her bone. A season or two ago, she had these really toned arms and it was clear that she had been working out. In my opinion, that was when she was at her best physically.

Am I the only one who doesn't like how Sheldon has been wearing his hair the past two seasons? I much prefer his hair when it is shorter and doesn't have the long sideburns or the obvious part.

In response to the comment about Sheldons hair, I think it is thinning on the top and that is why they are kind of brushing it to the side. I almost fell over when I read that the actor who plays Sheldon is almost 40 years old. I thought he was much younger!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter