Bibbidi-Bobbidi-BOO and a few Disney Dresses too!~ A Sept ’13 TR

Just love the outfits? Did you make them all yourself? I might have to make the Mickey Phillies for my hubby.

I'm in! Your kids are all adorable!

I'm glad to hear you made it through the flying part without too much trouble!

Very cute outfits! I'm glad you had a smooth airport experience!

:thanks:

Hi there!! I'm so excited to see a trip report from a fellow customs Mama!! We were down there at about the same time (9/24 to 10/2) and am now curious if you might have been the family we spotted at Animal Kingdom on 10/2? There were a bunch of us down there at the same time (we ran into one family a few times and my youngest was able to spend time with their little one).

We were flying home that day but spent a few hours at AK and as we sat snacking on a Mickey pretzel, spotted a family going in and out of the new character spot, Adventurers Outpost? The kids were dressed in I think Safari character outfits?

Can't wait to read more of your trip report!!

Oh wow! Yes, I'm sure that was us!! We had a 12-1pm FP+ for Adventurers Outpost to meet Minnie & Mickey that day and I know that we were rushing to get in & out so that we could make our 1pm ADR. My girls were all decked out in their Safari dresses (they may have been my favorite sets of the trip!) I think Bronwyn was laying on the ground at one point in her beautiful dress right around that time, lol.

I do remember saying something to Joe about spotting another family in customs...and trying to figure out if I knew them or not. Maybe that was you! What were your girls wearing? I knew of at least 4 other customs Mamas being there at the same time as us but we NEVER ran into any of them! :sad1:

I am in. Great start!!

Glad you are here! :flower3:

Awww Man! When we book Jet Blue, it's for the TV's! I would have been so sad! :rotfl:

Ok, the Phillies/Mickey tee shirt? Did you make that? DH would love to get his hands on a Red Sox one like that!!! :duck:

Just love the outfits? Did you make them all yourself? I might have to make the Mickey Phillies for my hubby.

Yay, a fellow PA DISer! Go Phillies! :cheer2:

No, I did not make them. I wish that I was that talented! There are some amazing designers (who LOVE Disney) that make them.

I'm in! Your kids are all adorable!

I'm glad to hear you made it through the flying part without too much trouble!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! :)

Awww Man! When we book Jet Blue, it's for the TV's! I would have been so sad! :rotfl:

Ok, the Phillies/Mickey tee shirt? Did you make that? DH would love to get his hands on a Red Sox one like that!!! :duck:

I know! I was SO sad! I was really looking forward to watching Monster's University on the flight down.... er I mean having the kids watch it. :rotfl:

No I didn't make the Phillies Mickey shirt. I had it made for Joe for Father's Day.... I had to ease him into wearing custom made shirts... and what better way than with his favorite sports team. mwahahaha You could probably find someone on Etsy to make you a Red Sox one for you.

I'm in! I can't wait to see all the costume chanes. :bitelip: Sounds like you are off to a good start!

I LOVE the autograph books. What a fabulous idea!

Thank you! I would love to take credit for it but it wasn't my idea. I almost ordered a similar one that I found on Etsy when I realized that I could probably just make them myself. I even had a few Little Golden books that I could use. And actually they were a lot of fun and SO easy to make!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those autograph books!!! I'll have to keep that in mind for the future!!! How Cute!

Thank you! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I did feel bad though about tearing apart books just to use a few pages out of them. :guilty:

I'm in! I can't wait to see all the costume chanes. :bitelip: Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Oh just wait... there will be lots of clothing changes!! :laundy: Thanks for joining in!

So it was about 8:40am and we had just landed at MCO. Our strollers were right there at the gate for us. So convenient!! We made our way through the airport, hopped onto the Fake-o-rail and then to the Magical Express Welcome Center.

I had my camera out ready for that “must-take airport pic” of the kids with Mickey but I don’t remember ever passing him! How did I miss it? :confused3

The CMs excitedly asked us if we had Magic Bands. Why YES we do!! (We had been invited to test the Magic Bands!) We pulled out one (of our custom made bands) for them to scan and YAY, it worked! We were all set! We all put our Magic Bands on (except for Bronwyn’s, we left hers attached to our park bag strap…. But since she didn’t need a park ticket, she never needed to use it anyway.) At this point, we had to split up from my mom since she would be heading to AOA. She said that she felt pretty strange taking along an empty umbrella stroller with her, haha.

We got in line for the bus that was heading to the POLYNESIAN, whoo hoo! We pretty much walked right through the line and out to the buses. We loaded onto a pretty full bus and within a few minutes we were ON OUR WAY! The video started and the kids were instantly mesmerized. It made me so happy to see them getting so excited!!!

And then pretty soon we were passing this!

I know, I know... Where's the rest of it? Right? It was the best that I could do from where we were sitting. Next trip hopefully we'll be closer to the front.

And this!

As you can see it was cloudy and raining lightly.

Our first stop was the Contemporary. We spotted the monorail tracks… but no monorail.

And then we got the first glimpse of OUR resort!!!!!

continued in next post

OMG, I could not believe it! We were checking into the Polynesian! My dream vacation was coming true!

A couple months before our trip I had put in my requests for a longhouse:
• Tokelau
• Patio
• East side
Why did I pick these? Tokelau is centrally located between the GCH and the TTC and the rooms are slightly larger. With 6 of us being in one room we needed all the space we could get! I wanted a Patio room so we wouldn’t have to use an elevator (because of the strollers) to get to our room. Time saver! And I chose the East side because I wanted an openness around the patio. Some of the first floor rooms on the opposite side (aka “Quiet Pool” side) have lots of foliage/shrubbery around them. I wanted to be able to enter/exit through the patio door with the stroller if I needed to (However we never did, haha!)

So were my requests granted? YES!! All of them? YES!! We were given TOKELAU 1920… and it was ready! Yeah!!!

Check-in was quick and easy. We were given our Leis and our buttons ("Happy Anniversary" buttons for Joe & me and "Our First Trip" buttons for each of the kids) and our KTTW cards just in case we had any issues with our Magic Bands.

We decided to stop at Captain Cooks on our way to our room and pick up our refillable mugs and we were all feeling a little hungry so we ordered a Bounty Platter (eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon and French toast sticks) and of course some TONGA TOAST to go.

We checked the map and headed out to find our room. The resort was beautiful!! I was trying to take it all in while we made our way over to Tokelau. (Only a couple minute walk from the Grand Ceremonial House)

Our AMAZING room!

Aloha Towel Mickey!

No bathroom pics. Whoops! Sorry!

View of the Lagoon from our patio (as you look to the left)
I also spy some of the construction fencing that had gone up the week before. The first signs of prep for the DVC Villas/bungalows. I had been following the updates very closely…. and freaking out just a little bit! I knew that my room request would be very close to this construction. Ah!! We had received a letter stating that Sunset Point and a portion of the beach would be closed. There were rumors that the Tahiti longhouse would also be closed. I kept wondering if I should change my room request. In the end I had decided that we would “wait and see…” We could always ask for a room change if the construction was bothersome.

View from our room (center) The longhouse across the way is Tahiti.

View from our room (to the right)

While I was taking all of these room pics, Joe and the kids were chowing down on the food. I was like “Wait a minute…. I didn’t get a picture!” lol but it was too late, it was almost gone! I barely got a bite of Tonga Toast…. Which was AMAAAAAZING by the way. Now I was really looking forward to our Kona Café reservation later in the trip!

Then there was a knock at the door and a CM was there with a cart full of packages for us! Whoo hoo! The week before I had placed an online order from Walmart for 2 cases of water, a case of diapers and wipes and a case of Capri Suns to be shipped right to the resort. I spent over $49 so shipping was FREE! So easy! I also had a designer that was mailing my order right to the resort. That package was there too! Whoo hoo! It contained Donovan’s shirt for later that night, so I had been hoping that it would be there in time!

Then I got a text from my mom that her room had been ready too! And she she had gotten her requested location too~ bonus!! (She had asked for a lake-facing Building 7 room, close to the Lion King section. This was to have the shortest walk, least noise, and best-view of the rooms in the Little Mermaid section. Thanks "**************!" She was very happy with her room!)

She also had said that she was already on a bus on her way to the park!!!!!
So we freshened up and off we went to meet her.

Wait a minute… our room was supposed to have a pack n’ play in it. Oh no, not again!! Well we'd have to deal with that later.

Up NEXT...We had a park to get to and someone very important to meet!!

Super fun trip report so far. I'm on board for the reSt. You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to see all the cute outfits!

:thanks:

Oh wow! Yes, I'm sure that was us!! We had a 12-1pm FP+ for Adventurers Outpost to meet Minnie & Mickey that day and I know that we were rushing to get in & out so that we could make our 1pm ADR. My girls were all decked out in their Safari dresses (they may have been my favorite sets of the trip!) I think Bronwyn was laying on the ground at one point in her beautiful dress right around that time, lol.

I do remember saying something to Joe about spotting another family in customs...and trying to figure out if I knew them or not. Maybe that was you! What were your girls wearing? I knew of at least 4 other customs Mamas being there at the same time as us but we NEVER ran into any of them! :sad1:

I was thinking she was wearing her Lion King set by Tatiana Coker but had to go look through pictures again and Avery was actually wearing her Last Day at Disney Blues shirt/skirt that day and Emily was just in a Flounder tee. It was actually my oldest who spotted you first. She was just like "there's more of your custom's people". LOL

I think even at our resort, there was 1 or 2 other families staying at the same time but we never did run into anyone there but 3 times in 3 different parks, we did run into the same family (Tammy). By the 3rd time, Avery and her granddaughter were riding rides and watching the parade together. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see what other cute outfits your kids will be wearing. Loved the Poly pictures! I haven't stayed there since high school so hoping to bring the girls one of these trips.

I'm joining in from my TR and loving this already! Between your adorable kids, their adorable outfits (and really awesome names!), and a stay at my dream resort, They Poly, I am already hooked! :goodvibes I just have to say :worship: on your travel morning! I feel like we are bumbling fools with all of our luggage and one child with one stroller, nevermind all the bags you had and 4 kids!!! That's pretty amazing. Looking forward to your next update.

Joining in the fun!! Can't wait to read more. I love the Poly, and can't wait to stay there someday. We are DVC members so once the DVC opens there it's at the top of our list. You kids are so adorable, and can't wait to follow your journey!

Super fun trip report so far. I'm on board for the reSt. You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to see all the cute outfits!

Aww, thank you!! And welcome aboard!! I'm glad you're here! :wave2:

I was thinking she was wearing her Lion King set by Tatiana Coker but had to go look through pictures again and Avery was actually wearing her Last Day at Disney Blues shirt/skirt that day and Emily was just in a Flounder tee. It was actually my oldest who spotted you first. She was just like "there's more of your custom's people". LOL

I think even at our resort, there was 1 or 2 other families staying at the same time but we never did run into anyone there but 3 times in 3 different parks, we did run into the same family (Tammy Coogan Hylton and her family). By the 3rd time, Avery and her granddaughter were riding rides and watching the parade together. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see what other cute outfits your kids will be wearing. Loved the Poly pictures! I haven't stayed there since high school so hoping to bring the girls one of these trips.

"your custom's people" hahahaha I LOVE that!!! I guess we are a rare breed! lol :rotfl2: I'm not sure if it was you guys that I saw then! I seem to remember seeing a family with two girls in matching appliqued tees and pettiskirts. :confused3

Wow, that's pretty neat that you kept running into Tammy and her family ...and I love how the girls became friends! :cutie:

I'm joining in from my TR and loving this already! Between your adorable kids, their adorable outfits (and really awesome names!), and a stay at my dream resort, They Poly, I am already hooked! :goodvibes I just have to say :worship: on your travel morning! I feel like we are bumbling fools with all of our luggage and one child with one stroller, nevermind all the bags you had and 4 kids!!! That's pretty amazing. Looking forward to your next update.

:welcome: I'm so glad that you're here! I feel like you're an old friend (from following along with your last TR!)

Yes the airport was quite the challenge.... definitely not something that I'd want to do everyday!... well unless I was going to Disney everyday ~ then it probably would be worth it!:rotfl:

Joining in the fun!! Can't wait to read more. I love the Poly, and can't wait to stay there someday. We are DVC members so once the DVC opens there it's at the top of our list. You kids are so adorable, and can't wait to follow your journey!

The Poly DVC sounds amazing! Bungalows over the water... how awesome is that?!

Thanks for joining in!! :hyper2:

Oh this is on my Disney bucket list of hotels to stay in...looks so beautiful.

The Poly was perfection!!! :beach: I did not want to leave!!!!

So we were heading out to meet my mom at our very first park of the trip!

We went out the main door of Tokelau and then realized that we had to figure out how to get where we were going.

Oh yeah.... WHERE were we going?? To the MAGIC KINGDOM!!! of course! :cool1:

I knew that we could take the monorail from the GCH or take a walk over to the TTC and take the Express monorail from there. I wasn't quite sure which would be faster. We decided on walking over to the TTC.

When we arrived, we spotted the monorail to the Magic Kingdom right away. There was no one around! Sweet! We were about to head up the ramp when a family started asking about my kids outfits and if they could take a picture of them, which I thought was pretty weird.... but it made me realize that I had forgotten to grab the Photopass+ voucher. Darn it!! So I offered to run back to the room to get it while Joe stayed there with the kids. The walk back seemed much quicker because I knew where I was going this time! I would say it only took a few minutes to get there and back to the TTC. But I sure was out of breath from speed walking! And then I happened to notice the swarms of people there now!! Just our luck! I'm guessing a few full buses had just dropped off. So we headed up to a very full monorail platform. We didn't mind the wait. We were just so excited about our FIRST monorail ride!!! Yay! The kids loved it! And before we knew it, we loaded on and made it to the MK in no time! Next was bag check and then our first time getting to use our Magic Bands to enter a park. Whoo hoo!!! They had us hold up our Magic Band and put our finger on the scanner until the Mickey head turned green. (The kids only had to scan their bands, they did not need to use their finger but a lot of times they tried, haha) All of our bands worked and we were IN!!!!

We found my mom waiting for us right at the end of Main Street and then we got our first glimpse of the CASTLE!!!!

I also see a lady wearing a poncho, but it hadn't been raining for us since our ride on the Magical Express. There was a chance of rain for the whole day but it held off and we didn't get a single drop while we were in the park!

I wanted to pick up our PP+ right away before we did anything else. For some reason I thought that we picked it up along Main Street somewhere to the left... so we headed that way. I went in the Chamber of Commerce to ask about it, they told me to go across to the opposite side of Main Street and that I could pick it up right inside the Town Square Theater. Well since we were heading in there anyway, I figured what better first stop than to meet the Mouse himself!! :mickeyjum

There was no wait for the PP+ card and before we knew it we were lining up to meet MICKEY! And we were handed this!

We had about a 15 minute wait and then we were next in line! While we were waiting there, Donovan started tapping me on the leg. Mommy, Mommy.... Mickeys talking!!! I was like Huh? and then I looked over and listened and sure enough.... Mickey was talking! OMG it was the talking Mickey that I had read about!! Then I looked around and noticed that there were a lot of important looking CMs standing around the room, some with notepads and paper that were taking notes. I figured that they must be testing him. How awesome is that!?! My kids first time meeting Mickey and he was going to talk to them!!! We really lucked out!!

The kids were in awe! MICKEY MOUSE!! I wasn't sure if he only had set phrases that he said to everyone, like "Would you like an autograph, Pal?" and "Say, Cheeeese" etc. But then Jorie asked him "Where's Minnie?" and after the slightest delay (maybe a second and a half) Mickey answered "You can find Minnie over at Storybook Circus in Pete's Silly Sideshow." Wow, so cool!!! His mouth moved with such realism. It was such a special experience!

Isla could not get enough of him. Even as we all were walking away, she ran back and had to get in one last hug. (It's funny because just the year before she would not go anywhere near the characters at Sesame Place!) What an awesome experience!

And poor Bronwyn slept through the whole thing! (She had fallen asleep in the stroller on the monorail ride over to MK.)

continued in next post

We had missed our 11-12:00 FP+ for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (I had set that one up knowing that we may not get to the park in time for it) but we were just in time for our 12:05-1:05 FP+ for Peter Pans Flight.

So we made our way up Main Street and over to Fantasyland.

I guess I was too excited to remember to take any pics!! But I promise, our ride on PPF did happen!

(Thanks Wiki for the borrowed pic!)

I think it was the perfect FIRST RIDE! Such a Disney classic!!

Donovan and Isla rode with my mom and Jorie rode with Joe. That left me with the sleeping beauty... er baby. She actually woke up half way through the ride. I was afraid that she may get scared because it was dark and she would have no idea where we were! But no, she just perked up and looked around, smiled & giggled away! She was loving it! After we were all off the ride, I asked the other kids if they like it and they all exclaimed that they LOVED it! And they wanted to ride it again! I told them that there were more rides and that we could try another one.

How about another classic? Some It's a Small World, shall we?

The ride was a walk-on. We grabbed the first two rows in the boat.

Bronwyn was just amazed! During certain parts she was so excited that she was out of her seat and dancing in the front of the boat.

Whoops! I forgot about the "No Dancing" rule on Disney rides!

Next we had a FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad....so we checked our map and made our way over to Frontierland.

At this point, Isla started crying because we were heading in the opposite direction of the carousel. And she reeeeeally wanted to ride the carousel. We promised her that we would ride it later.

On our way we passed the new Tangled area. So pretty!

I love, love, LOVE Rapunzel's tower!!!

As we walked through Liberty Square, my mom mentioned that she was starving. I forgot that the plan had been to get lunch in the park! The few bites of Tonga Toast that I had were holding me over and I didn't realize that she hadn't eaten. Pecos Bills was up ahead so I suggested we stop in there. We looked at the menu and decided that everything looked so filling and we had an early dinner coming up. So we back-tracked a bit to a snack cart that we had passed. We got some cinnamon churros and two Mickey pretzels. Yum!! (no pics again! They were gone too fast!)

While Joe was waiting in line for the food, I had the kids to make their first pressed penny! Fun!

We finally made it over to BTMR and ... it was closed. Bummer! The CMs told us that we would be able to use our fast passes anytime up until park closing that night. Well that was nice! As we walked away in search of another ride, we passed POTC with only a 10 minute wait. But Donovan claimed that it was too scary and we needed to find something else to ride.

We then saw that the next showing of the Enchanted Tiki Room was in 2 minutes. Perfect!

So we parked the stroller and got in line. We missed most of the preshow but that's okay. The show started and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. It was a cute show but I had decided to take the time to check my emails on my phone. I had found an email from Disney Destinations with the title ALERT Change to your upcoming Disney FASTPASS+ Experience. It read:

Hello, Rachel.

We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® from 1:05 PM to 2:05 PM on 09/25/2013 needs to be changed because the experience is temporarily unavailable.

As a replacement, you may now visit any one of the following FastPass+ experiences on 09/25/2013, starting at 1:05 PM through anytime during normal Theme Park operating hours (Valid Theme Park admission is required and your FastPass+ selection cannot be redeemed during Extra Magic Hours):

Experiences*
Pirates of the Caribbean®
Tomorrowland Speedway
Splash Mountain®
Haunted Mansion®
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin®
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor®

There is no action needed to select the experience in advance. During the designated day and time, just arrive at the FastPass+entrance to one of the experiences above and touch your MagicBand to enter!
*Note that you may be able to still experience your selection for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® if it becomes available again today, unless you opt to visit one of the other listed experiences.

Visit My Plans on My Disney Experience for more details.

Very cool!! It would have been nice to use the FP+ for one of those rides but we needed to head out.

continued in next post

So we made our way to the front of the park. Along Main Street, we stopped for some PP pics.

Hello Mr Crane!

When we were passing the firehouse, I asked Donovan if he wanted to pick up some Sorcerer cards. He had no clue what I was talking about, but he agreed. And for those of you who dont know either, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is an interactive trading card adventure where you help Merlin save the MK from the Disney villains. So, the CM signed us up and we got our first pack of cards. He then took us to the back of the building to show us how to the play the game.

Donovan thought it was the coolest thing ever and he couldn't wait to play! I promised him that we would be back in MK and would start up his game then!
As we headed out of the Firehouse, I found Joe, my mom & the girls waving us down and looking all excited. They were pointing at something.... well rather, someone! I looked over and Mary Poppins had just come out for a meet & greet and she had no one waiting to see her. Well of course we had to go meet her! Jorie grabbed her autograph book and we walked right up to her. Isla was suddenly acting shy and claimed that she did not want to meet her.

That is until she saw Jorie meeting her. Then she decided that she had to get her autograph too! So she hopped in line too.

Mary was so sweet and practically perfect in every way!

It was later than we expected and we knew it was time to leave the park so that we could get to our 4pm dinner ADR. So we hopped on the monorail back to the TTC.

On the way out we spotted The Walt Disney Railroad Ahh!!... I had forgotten all about it. I was hoping to ride this since it was scheduled to close on Sept 30th! Hopefully we'd fit it in next time we're in MK (Spoiler Alert: We never did get to ride it! Something for next trip!)

My mom stayed with us as we headed back to our room.

Someone was wiped out!

When we got to our room, all of our luggage was there. Whoo hoo!! Joe walked to the GCH to pick up the City Mini Double that we had rented from Apple Strollers and to get all of our carry-ons that were still at Bell Services. He also stopped at the front desk to ask about the pack 'n play that we had requested. While he was doing all of that, my mom and I changed all of the kids into their outfits for dinner.

Where were we going? Here's a hint...

Any guesses?

Favorite Quote of the Day "Why HEELLLOOOOO there, Mr. SMEEEEEEEE!" ~Jorie (on Peter Pan's Flight)

NEXT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter